State: Illinois City: Chicago Clear all filters (44 of 4002 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Aspen Dental in Chicago, Illinois - Dentures

3.0
I went to Aspen dental in highland Indiana on 9/28/19 got my dentures they were crooked way to big hurt my upper gums so i called 10/1/19 no answer finally someone answered that worked for customer service she tried calling still no answer mean while my mouth hurts she said she would send a message to the managers email and she would get back to me never did now today is 10/2/19 called again the receptionist answered and said i will let the manager know she will get back to today my experience with other dentist when you get your dentures they are right there to see if you have problems they were nowhere to be found the manager has yet to call me back

They got your money. They don't want to call you back.

Any adjustments are no-charge visits that will not earn the dentist any commission.

Thus zero interest in making your comfortable. Why you paid big bucks for their Comfy-Junk dentures instead of going to a reputable dentist and having a really good set made for the same price is beyond my comprehension.

Review
almost 8 ago I went to have my dentures done I am so sorry that I didn't do some research on this company they are liars, the dentures are awful hot pink is a color that they keep trying to push off on me. I have given them $2,400.00 I still owe a balance of 420, but I...

You don't just pick up a new denture like you pick up a Chinese take-out dinner bag. You must come into the office to have the new set seated and adjusted.

Aspen is a piece of cr@p as a dental office, but if even they cannot satisfy you with TEN dentures, I doubt anyone could, including prosthetic professors in dental schools. If indeed the dentist who is treating you has an expired license and is practicing, she should go to jail. Concentrate on this. Make sure you got her name right and check with the Illinois dental board to see if she has a valid license.

Of course, probably the dental board is underfunded like every other agency in the near-bankrupt state of Illinois. The loan sharks are separate from Aspen Dental.

They will ruin your credit if you stop paying. If you deal with an organized crime syndicate instead of an honest dentist, you will be fleeced.

Aspen Dental in Chicago, Illinois - Refund not received

After repeatedly being told that my refund had been sent to over a two month ordeal, I finally reported them to the BBB. I still have not received a check for the $1740 that they owe me for bad crown work yet.

I am surprise the wanted to crown a tooth. Usually the just yank them out.

#1722004

They will laugh at that BBB report. Nothing except the credible threat of a lawsuit motivate Aspen to refund money.

Easier to get trapped matter out of a black hold in outer space than to get a refund from Aspen Organized crime syndicate. Next time look for an honest independent dentist instead of a nationwide chain clinic run by Wall Street shysters.

Review

Aspen Dental in Chicago, Illinois - *** them!!

Twice the S.O.B.'S got me to make appointments ..the first time I tried to call the office mgr to see if they would bill some of extractions to my medical ins..he would never call me back..(called 3 times) I waited a year ..made an appointment at the Plover WI location ..told the appointment person what I wanted done..got to the appt (30 mi away) they informed me that they couldn't do what II wanted done..I would have to go to Wausau (where I originally started from) I made an appointment there told the receptionist that I wanted to bill some of the procedures to medical insurance, she said she didn't know if they could do that but she'd check!! The day of my appointment, I didn't get a courtesy call to confirm the appointment..They informed me that I had no appointment scheduled!!! Also they DO NOT BILL MEDICAL INSURANCE..THIS IS A DENTAL OFFICE!!! (She was VERY rude!!) Now that they have waited and screwed me around for the last month..my deductable is met for the yr for my medical. And would have paid. But will run out at the end of Dec!! THANK YOU YOU *** *** ASPEN DENTAL..I'M PISSED!!

Not many dental offices want to deal with the hassle of billing medical insurance. An oral surgeon friend of mine, who deals with extractions all day, won't even do it.

You have no idea of the hassles involved, PLUS the patient is subject to his medical deductible. You might have to pay up front and file the claim yourself to be reimbursed. Maybe you should stop and think if it is really a good idea to yank precious teeth out of your head. Save your teeth, and your dental insurance will cover it.

As for running out of time at the end of the year, that was your fault for procrastinating on treatment so long. My advice: Find a competent private dentist instead of a corporate chop shop, ask him to save as many teeth as possible, and get started.

December is usually the busiest month of the year so it might be hard to get appointments anywhere. A$pen Dental was the very worst choice you could have made to have comprehensive dental care.

Problems with payment

Aspen Dental in Chicago, Illinois - Billing issues

3.6
I asked for a clear estimate of services and what my cost would be. I was told one amount. I was Never told what the amount would be if services were denied by my provider, nor was I ever told that this type of service could even potentially be denied by my insurance.

While it is fairly easy to estimate cost of services, it is not so easy to estimate what an insurance company will pay. Every colleague I know has to operate on the principle that whatever insurance does not pay, you will have to pay.

You are the one with the policy so it is you that should read all the mouseprint in your dental plan and see what is and is not covered.

Dentists run offices to provide dental services, not to analyze thousands of insurance plans for patient. Even with the above being stated, you made a horrible mistake going to swindlers like A$pen Dental instead of a regular dentist who owns his practice.

Poor customer service

Aspen Dental - Review in Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors category from Chicago, Illinois

2.5
Ok the aspen dental in mcalla,al. Seemes liked they did a good job but for a bottom parcel was going to be close to 700$ with blue cross blue sheilds prefred care ok sunce the trussville aspen was closer to work i had my info tranferred to them an made 2 appointments an both times they called the day of the app. An said they couldnt see me i would have to make another app. Uggghhh

You won't get anything but a junk partial denture for $700, chum. No matter who makes it.

a Good partial takes 5 appointments to make, not 2.

Good luck trying to get any sort of partial denture from A$pen with the third rate Chinese labs they use. Many times, to save money, the metal casting is so thin it can easily bend or break. That is if they even use a metal framework. At that price, they will probably give you one of their junk nylon-based partials.

Got news for you, pal.

Any sort of decent partial is going to cost you AT LEAST $1500, and probably closer to $1900. That is, if you want one you can actually wear and eat with.

Once aspen gets your money up front they do not care about your appointments or how quick your work will actually be finished. If you bought the metal frame partial dentures, the metal frame is made in China of junk pot metal.

It cost aspen pennies and no one knows what junk is in that metal. Get your money back and run.

Poor customer service

Do NOT get dentures at Aspen Dental!

A close friend recently got top and bottom dentures at Aspen Dental in Bloomington, IN. He has been back several times to have adjustments made because they don't fit correctly and cause a lot of pain. Now they refuse to let him speak with a dentist and told him they won't make any more adjustments. He requested a refund and they told him they could refund half. There's a sign on the wall that says that if you don't like the way your dentures feel, they will give you a refund. He's filing a complaint with the Indiana Dental Association. Do NOT get dentures made at Aspen Dental!

The Indiana Dental Association cannot do a thing because your close friend went to a practice illegally owned by Wall Street investors instead of licensed dentists. Only your state attorney general could act against them, and only if he receive enough complaints.

Patients think they will achieve nirvana once they get all their teeth yanked out and have full dentures. It seldom works this way anywhere, and certainly not in a third-rate fleabag chain clinic like A$pen.

Hope your friend has the sense to go to a decent dentist next time.

Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Full refund

Aspen Dental - Dental Services Review from Chicago, Illinois

1.4
I would not recommend aspen dental to anyone. They don't make teeth to fit and stroke you to keep coming back many times. I've had numerous adjustments and replaced once and numerous adjustments second time. They keep loosing teeth and they don't care. The money back guaranty is just a ploy to get your money. There service sucks

If need be file an on line complaint with the Attorney Generals office. Lisa Madagan's office will look into the matter if they feel you have a valid complaint. Illinois has strict guidelines for business's operating in the State.

The other thing you may want to try is contacting our local news station that does the segment on consumer complaints and avail them of your issues.

One or both may be able to help you.

bad experience left toothless *** on new denture. advertisement a bunch of b.s they rush you in and out with no result.guarantee a farce.need help nowhere to turn.left depressed and angry and worse of than i was.hiding from everybody i know so they see what you look like

Aspen Dental Dentist Appointment Review from Chicago, Illinois

This is a *** place!!! I schedule myself and my husband for an appointment but when we went to aspen dental in Peru il the receptionist told me that I'm not in the schedule!!! So I got pissed and tell them off that I scheduled myself for the appointment and I needed to get checked today... The other *** apologized and told Me that either one of us can accommodate today....people should not use this place... What a *** rip off and a *** *** *** receptionist which I call them!!! Stay away with this *** place!!!!

Terrible place, avoid like the plague! Unless your teeth are "perfect" and only need quick maintenance cleanings you will attempt to scam you and they will oversell services to you.

Their ethics are questionable and they don't seem to look into the best clinical interest of their patients....make them sign a contract for extra, invasive services before even performing routine care. Customer service is poor...they are quite defensive....seemed trained to dismiss unhappy patients.

I would rather have my teeth worked on at Mcdonald's than at any aspen dental. At least Mcdonald's has standards.

Most offices in this corporate chain could at best be described as being run in barely-controlled chaos. Staff don't care because working conditions are so poor most that you meet are in the process of looking for a better job.

This outfit is at the bottom of the heap for dental employment.

Management employs mainly young, inexperienced dentists, then double or triple books them. The goal is to keep all staff super-busy all day long.

This often results in them cancelling appointments or running very late.

But why should patients' time matter? After all the goal is to suck as much money as possible from patients in order to reward the private equity investors who own the joint.

A$pen Dental- your neighborhood dental one-stop chop shop.

View more comments (2)
Not as described/ advertised

Contact Aspen Dental Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
13, Ocala Ave
All Aspen Dental Contacts

Latest Question

Aspen Dental Questions

Aspen Dental Dental Services Review

Worst experience I have ever had.The Aspen dental in Cartersville is the reason people hate going to the dentist.I wouldn't even refer an enemy their.What a joke.