This is week 4 of which I thought I would have the glamorous road to that wonderful smile. Although, many dollars later and a new dentist, I am so afraid.

Since, my trips to Aspen Dental and all of the issues I have with them... my mouth is not getting any better, but worse. I have a numb tongue now and can't taste things like I use to. Went into my new dentist again this past Friday (2nd time in a week)because I have been having such pain in my jaw, ear, headache every morning, pain down my neck and under my jaw.

I also have numb lips. Everything I put into my mouth burns, and I can't taste it when it gets in there. I am being referred to a oral surgeon now, which maybe ASPEN should have had me with to begin with. My new dentist said I was "beat up" by those at Aspen.

I could feel every drill and pull and push and crush when the dentist tore out my bottom two teeth. I posted before that my new dentist told me he could save my teeth instead of pulling out 12 (oopppps 13 which was charted wrong in my file at Aspen - one day was 12 and the next was 13)with simple fillings and a few crowns... yes other 2 wisdom teeth need to come out and I need repairs to the others, but I can get meds to help me with all of it. I didn't even get antibiotics at Aspen...

and that's why I ended up at a new dentist with a 101 temp and sick the next day - my extraction sites were infected... There was a possibility that I had an infection prior to when he pulled my one tooth and still no meds! What a nightmare... I am worried that this numbing and burning in my mouth will never go away.

I am so desperate for someone to listen to me! I am so scared. I didn't read any of the reviews or complaints prior to going in... because I figured they were a good bunch since my friend went there (she has switched dentists now as well)!

I am so *** for not checking into things better! Now it is too late... I am missing a tooth that I may not have needed pulled, numb, in pain and all I want is my life back. Any suggestions?

PLEASE!

Constant crying hasn't helped anything... that is all I have been doing and wanting to do.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Tooth Extraction.

Comments

#351992

Had mouth worked on a year ago. Have had the left side of my tongue numb and unable to chew on the left side for a year.

Have now wrecked teeth on the right side from doing all my chewing over there. Have complained to aspen several times..They just say it will take time.

I have contacted an attorney. AVOID ASPEN DENTAL!!!

Sorry BBB... I don't believe a word you say...

I know what I went through and I really don't care about any other office other than the one I went to... and it was terrible. Not only did they screw up my mouth, but they missed 4 fillings that my friend needed taken care of - and she referred me to the office but after my experience went to another dentist and they found the 4 cavities. My new dentist saved my teeth and has done amazing work for me and saved me a lot of money!

So you will not change my mind - ASPEN stinks!!! They are a rip off and butchers!

Apsen has a AAA rating with the BBB, it is the highest rating that can be awarded. The Youngstown, OH office is currently open and was never closed contrary to an fraudulent report previously posted. The "Former Aspen Dentist" posting here was terminated for sexual harassment, and is currently under investigation by his state dental board, if he contacts you please report him to the authorities.

That is why I am not going back! From what I do hear...

is that most of the Aspen dental offices than not - are scamming people. My friend who is the reason I went there (she thought they were great too) changed dentists after my experience and her new dentist found 4 cavities that Aspen missed... How can you miss 4 cavities? I am sorry everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it is my opinion that I will not go back.

In addition, if I would have known that there are so MANY complaints - more than a few... about Aspen dental I would never have gone - and that WAS my fault for not doing research.

Now I know and lucky I caught their "shotty" work in time or I would be missing 12 teeth for no reason! Thanks for the comments!

It really sucks to hear these bad comments. I have had 4 friends use Aspen (a particular office) and all had great experiences. I went in today to start my trip to dentures. Great experience, the dentists were super friendly, the initial consult was free, not only did one dentist check me another one came over when he heard my situation and the both consulted with me and gave some very flexible options.

The office manager of course tried to sell me at the highest plan, but I did my research like a good patient and know costs and how their tiering system worked. Ended up with 45% of the initial quote with a flexible payment plan for part of it.

All four of the people I know got complete uppers and partial lowers, this office has made all needed adjustments and then some on top of that to keep them satisfied.

It seems so simple with a free or low cost consultation, if you do not like it you do not have to get the services. It seems a lot of complaints on here come from a few specific offices. Maybe those just are not the ones you should go to, just like any other chain for anywhere, service does very greatly no matter how many "Quality and Process Adherence" checks are in place.

Has anyone had any luck suing Aspen Dental? I really think something needs to be done because I am still in pain etc... If anyone know anything about malpractice or lawsuits against them, please let me know.

Thanks.

My boyfriend worked behind the scenes there too. He always wanted to be ethical, but the OM would schedule the most expensive treatments first and then do the smaller things, but you are supposed to get the mouth stable and all the decay out before doing any type of treatment like that.

So if the patient needed a few fillings and a bridge, the bridge would be first because it is the most expensive. The Regional managers tell you that you shouldn't really try to save teeth and just get used to pulling them so the patients have to get dentures or partials (which are all *** there). They will try to sell you their flexible partials because they are the most expensive, but those are the worst. Go for the metal partials if you have to go to aspen and don't let them talk you into anything else.

They do like to hire new dentists out of school and they make you fly to Syracuse for a week and learn "Aspen Dentistry" the way they want it done and not the way it is taught in school. Just think of why they overcharge patients: It's to send these freshly graduated dentists out to NY to brainwash them into thinking everything they learned in school is wrong. They also try to have a get together every year in NY and fly everyone there and put them up in a casino resort for a long weekend. It costs a couple million dollars-courtesy of overcharged patients.

They then cram the schedule with doing 4 fillings an hour (He does ONE filling an hour where he is now), denture repairs and adjustments, a new patient every hour, and hygiene checks.

It's a 'get them in and get them out' type of mentality at an Aspen office. I shouldn't forget 'and get their money!!" I know all the words because I am an assistant' :sigh

Thank you for all of your comments. This has really been a tough road and my insurance company etc...

and I have been in contact about the situation and they are having issues with allowing Aspen to charge me for the work. So we are working together to see what can be done. I had work done today with my new dentist - he said my ability to keep numb wasn't very good so he had to keep numbing the area as soon as I felt something. The dentist at Aspen never did that and kept pulling.

Because of my new dentist I am keeping most of my teeth and he is filling, and putting in crowns. My mouth has hurt for weeks and I was sent to an oral surgeon etc... I am so tired of all of this and I can't wait until it is over. I feel bad for people who work or have worked for Aspen - some really good people work for such a terrible company!

You would think with all of the complaints etc...

there would be further investigations etc... Thank you again!

I have worked behind the scenes at several Aspen Dental offices and can only concur with the above complaints. I kept hearing complaint after complaint from patients I would see since I was only a temp.

dentist. I consider myself very ethical and a competent dentist. I felt so bad for the patients who were overcharged for inferior materials--re: dentures. They can't seem to keep stable dentists and they redo cases over and over again.

Seems they hire just out of school dentists and cram the schedule. I worked there to supplement my income only.

I tried my best to appease the customers but it's hard when there isn't much to work with re: labs and other dentists inferior work and treatment plans. :x

I am going through the exact same problem as you with Aspen Dental. They are a horrible company I am contacting a lawyer and am reporting them to the better business bureau.

I have never in my life received such poor service. :sigh

There is only one way they will be shut down, and that is if enough people file a complaint with your state's Board of Dentistry. I feel the same way like no one will listen, Aspen dental blatantly stole 70.00 from me and kept feeding me lip-service saying it was being refunded.

I still have yet to be reimbursed, but I did file a formal complaint.

They target the poor people because they know we can't afford lawyers. It makes me sick.

I just wanted to tell you that I went to them here in Youngstown,Ohio,& they wanted to give me a partial plate for the top,& that alone was gonna cost me something like $2,500. It was,they said,$2,900,but they're gonna give me a $400 discount.haha I knew they were bullsh*&^#@ me,so I never went back.

I decided I'm gonna get top one's,& I'm getting my teeth pulled at Communitity Health & it only cost's $15.00 versus the $125.00 Aspen wanted,& oh,denture's were $2,000 cheaper than a plate. Duh! haha I will admit,they almost had me,but like I said,it didn't feel right,so I didn't go back,& now,the store they had here in Youngstown,is now closed,& they didn't give their employee's any notice.

They just never opened again. It made news here in town,this isn't a rumor.

I would be talking to a lawyer. I'd bet you would probably get a refund,& they'd still be liable for the work performed.

Also,they'd probably have to pay to fix whatever's wrong at no charge,& I'd bet you'd get money for pain & suffering,not to mention your time. Good Luck!!!

You could go to the American Dental Association and fill out a complaint form. If nothing comes of it atleast it's on record.

I'm a new patient at Aspen.

They really want the money. That's what I've noticed.

I'm being over-charged for cleaning and they want me back in 6 weeks versus every 3 mo. :upset