1.2
Additional Fees

Horrible experience! Initially I was examined by Dr.

Farrah who I considered very polite and was pleased that he did listen to my concerns. When it came to reviewing my treatment plan with the office manager (really a sales person), I was shocked to find the estimate for a bridge would cost $1,500.00 more than with my former dentist and having no dental insurance. When I questioned the reason for the additional $150.00 per crown ( I needed 3 & 1 Pontic) over the $355.00 per crown benefit in my dental plan, she explained it as "that's the charge the insurance company makes us put on for each crown in the bridge" instead of telling me the truth that it's a charge for an upgrade for each crown that the dental plan will not pay for and they only will use the upgraded crown. In addition, I questioned why I was charged $1,200.00 instead of the contracted $355.00 benefit in my dental plan for the pontic (missing tooth), she told me "I had a missing tooth clause in my dental plan".

I checked with the dental plan and they told me there is no such thing in any of their plans. I was in the insurance business for 25 years as an agent and sold all types of insurance including dental insurance an in addition, I worked10 years for the Florida Department of Insurance investigating complaints against agents and insurance companies and know a bait and switch scam when I see one.

I have filed a grievance with my dental insurance plan and will be filing a complaint with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation. I would suggest that anyone considering using Aspen Dental thoroughly check out all the reviews sites available.

Review about: Aspen Dental Dental Insurance.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Honor the pricing agreement contract with Delta Dental.

Comments

You need a bridge across your mouth. Quit spilling our secrets on the internet bc it sucks.

to Drunk Allieat asspennnsdentals #1492710

What an idiot this responder is!

The real truth is neither A$pen nor any other dentist can make money $355 per crown and bridge unit. So they tack on auxillary fees like "lab fees" and "temporary crown fees" to make up the difference.If you worked so long in the insurance industry it is incredible that you never learned individual dental policies are con games which are not worth the premiums the suckers pay for them.

If you think you can get any sort of decent bridge done for $355 per unit you are a raving lunatic.Why you purchased your present junk dental plan and left your former honest dentist as a result is a mystery beyond comprehension.Working for a state agency, you should also know that outfits like A$pen are operating illegally in most states. (Illegal for investors who are not licensed dentists to own dental offices.)

to Seasoned Dentist #1492709

Doubt if Seasoned Dentist is a dentist at all.