Easley, South Carolina

I was tricked into paying $1,400 for a periodontal cleaning which would have been under $500 at any reputable dentist. The hygienist was juvenile and talked to me like I was a child as well as telling me to take a nap while I was in the chair.

I later realized that was to give the appearance of more work being done.

The pay in advance policy is obviously in place because the services rendered are not worth the charge and with all the papers you have to sign they are sure you will not have recourse. A total scam.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning.

Comments

If you had indeed received 4 quadrants of periodontal scaling and root planing, it probably would have cost about $1200 at most dentists offices, and taken 3 1 hour appointments. If you got it all in one appointment without being numbed up, you certainly did not receive a "periodontal cleaning." The biggest scam at Aspen is fudging pocket depths to make it look like patients have periodontal disease when they do not.

Then they can upcharge for cleanings. Just remember: When Aspen talks about "deep cleaning," it is talking about your wallet, not your teeth.