State: Florida City: Tampa Clear all filters (27 of 4002 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Aspen Dental in Tampa, Florida - Money taken from credit card for services not rendered

IFebruary' 2017, I paid in advanced for dental cleaning and a pair of night guards. I ended not getting bottom night guards. Too uncomfortable. They told me that I will get a. credit on my next cleaning. Today, I called and Pamela said that there was not credit available . I ended paying for an upper night guard and a cleaning over $800.

Aspen gave you the 2-fer deal. You only needed one night guard , but aspen aspen charged you for 2 that were half azzed made.

First problem: No honest dentist asks for payment in advance for services he intends to provide. Second problem.

Bite guards are made for one arch only, usually the upper arch. Dentists don't make upper AND lower bite guards, unless they are dishonest. Third problem: Although I cannot be sure without seeing x-rays, it was probably a scam to pay $800 for a cleaning. This is Aspen's most common scam.

LESSON TO BE LEARNED: Never believe TV and radio ads.

Seek recommendations for honest and competent dentists only through trusted friends and coworkers. Online ratings are often doctored.

Aspen Dental in Tampa, Florida - Horrible

1.6
Absolutely horrible experience today. I arrived 15 mins before my appointment just as I was asked, brought all my documents and checked in with the front desk. After 45 mins of not even being acknowledged and watching people come and go I decided to ask what was taking so long. Apparently they were backed up, which is not a huge deal if its communicated or if your staff has any kind of customer service training.... but no one felt the need to tell the patients. As a patient your expected to be punctual, tactful and to notify the office if you're running late otherwise you could be charged a "late fee", yet Aspen Dental has no obligation to have any kind of professionalism, punctuality or communication skills. I was told it would be at least another 20 mins before I may even be able to be seen. I had to leave work early to be here and to be sure I was on time. The least someone could have done is either called me and rescheduled or told me about the delay at the desk. I have horrible dental anxiety so it took me all week to work up the courage to even come in. Not to mention drive 30 mins, sit in a crowded waiting room with inadequate seating for 45 mins. My anxiety was so bad that I was soaked in sweat just from being in the waiting room. God help you if you have to use their restroom,.. blood on the toilet seat and garbage on the floor. Its sad when a truck stop is cleaner than a dental facility. Thanks again Aspen Dental. You managed to add another bad experience to my list of why I hate the dentist. I know you may not have communication in your business model but I will be sure I communicate my experience with every person that is interested in listening.

Could have let you know they were running late? You mistake this corporate clown club for a regular dental office.

Your purpose is to serve them, not the other way around.

A$pen Dental is run on the airline model. Overbook the young dental graduates who work there, so much so that there isn't even enough space for patients to sit in the waiting room.

Trouble is, A$pen doesn't offer to pay you like the airlines do when there is not enough room on the plane.

Time to change strategy and go to a private dentist who owns his own practice, instead of a Wall-Street-Owned ***-Hole.

Sounds like aspen is now modeling their dental offices after 3rd world public health clinics.

@Hyg

I have actually been to 3rd world dental clinics in Syria, Colombia, Peru, Jordan, and many other countries, and they are fairly clean compared to what the patient is describing.

View more comments (2)
Review
Pros
  • Website
Poor customer service

Aspen Dental in Tampa, Florida - Horrible Service. No respect for the patient.

This review is for there office in Zehpyrhills, FL. I wish I could rate the dentist but since I never saw one that is impossible. I scheduled an appointment to work on a broken tooth. At that time I gave them all of my info including insurance. I was initially scheduled for 3:30pm. The next morning I get a call to confirm and was that asked if I could reschedule for 3pm I was asked once again for all of my info. Why don’t they already have it? Two hours later I am called again to confirm the appointment and once again asked for all my info. This time I explained that I had already given it twice and if they don’t have it now, they never will. Arrived on time with all of the paperwork they required completed. They took me immediately for x-rays. This part went moderately well but he had to leave the room 3 times to get standard equipment that should have been there already. After the x-ray I was shown to an exam room. I waited 15 minutes for a hygienist to do a periodontal exam which went well. I was told the dentist would be with me shortly. 45 minutes later and no sign of the dentist I tell the person that did the x-ray that I would not wait much longer. He told me he would check on it. 10 minutes later he walks by and just ignores me. 5 minutes later I start to walk out. It has now been an hour since I was told the dentist would be with me shortly. As I approach the door the same person intercepts me and asks if I am leaving. I explain that I have waited for an hour and that my time is just as valuable as the dentists and if they don’t respect that I would find another dentist. He asks if I would like to speak with the office manager. I agree if only to find out how much I owe. Waited another 5 minutes and was told the manager didn’t have time to talk with me but there would be no charge. Why on earth did they move the appointment up if they were already that booked? It is now the next day. I have waited, curious if someone from the clinic would contact me. As expected by the level of respect they showed me in person I have heard nothing. I have already contacted my insurance company to make sure that when they submit a bill, and I have no doubt they will, it will not be paid. If they want money for the lack of service they provided they will need to come to me to get it.
#1220775

What was REALLY wrong with your picture? The DENTIST did not see you first to see what x-rays were appropriate.

They just handed you off to a hygienist. By the way, a GOOD dentist spends about 45 minutes examining a new patient.

Dentists who work for this fleabag outfit are double and triple booked. Their schedules are barely-controlled chaos.

They don't have the time to do anything right.

Good move walking out and blocking insurance claims. No matter which dentist is on the Rogue's Gallery of Prostituting Providers with your carrier, DO NOT go to another corporate clinic chop shop.

#1220866
@Seasoned Dentist

Too true. The dentist is probably in the back trying to come down from the panic attack that resulted from looking at the slammed to the wall patient schedule and the tiny paycheck they just handed him.

Review
Cons
  • Total lack of respect
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Dentist Zephyrhills

Aspen Dental in Tampa, Florida - BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW AND DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE GOING TO ASPEN DENTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know this review is long but it might just save you from being $6,000 in debt! My first visit was supposed to be for x-rays and for the dentist to exam my mouth. They offer you an cancer oral screening which costs about $70 or something like that but tell you your insurance does not cover it. Then they offer you this $120 toothbrush. It is an Oral B for God sakes! I'm sure it's WAY cheaper at the store. After I met with the dentist she suggested the oral surgeon come take a look considering I have "8" teeth embedded in my gums/bone. Mind you, I have known about this for about 13 years, and I have never had any problems and I told them I didn't have any pain or issues with it but they PERSUADED me into thinking I HAVE to have them out ASAP, like it was life or death. Obviously it is not normal but if they are not bothering me, why do the surgery? Oh wait, to get money!!! They told me it would be really expensive so I should talk to the office manager to see what kind of financing can be done. Mind you, I have dental insurance. I know most insurances don't cover surgeries but at least submit it to my dental insurance to see what they will/won't pay. I work with insurance so I understand how it works. They refused and kept telling me everything they were going to do was not covered by my insurance. I did fail to mention that when I first arrived in the office for my first appointment I asked the front desk girl if she needed my dental insurance card to make a copy and she said "no I have a copy". I never gave it to her. Maybe they don't do that in their office but I thought that was really weird. After everybody telling me "oh your insurance won't cover it"..it's all making sense now. Anyways, they tell you "lets check to see if you qualify for the financing". So I thought okay cool. Not cool. They actually signed me up for financing for 5 years! $76/month for 60 months with about $1,400 down! So I thought okay, when I'm ready to have my oral surgery I will have that money as a back up since they made me feel like it was life or death for me to have these teeth extracted. As *** as I was, I signed up. WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU IS THAT IT IS A LOAN THAT REGARDLESS IF YOU HAVE THE PROCEDURE DONE, YOU HAVE TO PAY IT BACK AND MAKE PAYMENTS. They also tell you before you can get your 2 free cleanings (included in the dental insurance) that they have to do a two-part cleaning. I scheduled my part-one cleaning a week after my initial visit. They took me back 30 minutes late but I thought whatever, it was a Saturday...maybe they were busy so that wasn't an issue for me. The dentist did the part-one cleaning and suggested an antibacterial mouth rinse for me and said she would give me one. As I was walking out, I asked the front desk what I owed for the part-one cleaning. She said nothing, you get billed for it as it is included in your financing. UM....what?!! Nobody said anything about that! I decided to pay the $98 in the office so I didn't get billed for it. Before the dentist left she asked me to reschedule my surgery, which I cancelled because I had second thoughts after reading some reviews on the procedure and because I didn't need it done right away like they were telling me I did. I told both the dentist and front desk I'll call to reschedule it. They pushed and pushed and told me "spots fill up fast", blah blah. It would have been a different story if I was in any pain or having any sort of complications, but I didn't so to me, there was no rush into having it done. I felt myself getting irritated at both of them because they kept insisting I schedule it. I stood firm and said "no I will call to schedule when I'm ready". I then scheduled my part-two cleaning for a month after. It was scheduled for 3/31 at 6:30pm. I got a confirmation email regarding my surgery that they had scheduled for me before I cancelled it. I called and said I'm not sure why I'm getting this appointment confirmation, I already cancelled this appointment. She said I don't see you on that day but I have you down for 3/31 at 4:30pm. I said no it is at 6:30pm because of work. She said I'm sorry but it says 4:30, not sure what happened. So I told her to cancel it and I'd call back to reschedule. At this point I'm pretty much done with this dental office but wanted to finish my "two-part" cleaning they tell you that you need. I looked at my receipt from the first visit and it did say "next appointment: 3/31 at 6:30pm". So I called back and told her and she then told me that one of their hygienists had quit and her patients were "automatically" moved to appointment spots that were available for that day. I'm sorry but you don't let the patient know?! That was it for me. I told her I'm going elsewhere for treatment. So just today I wrote an email/review to their customer satisfaction team and got a response rather quickly. I tried to call the lady back 3 times but she did not answer. I then got a call from Aspen Dental, the actual office I went to and I just laid into them. I'm sorry but what they do is FRAUD! I told them if the financing was not off my name since I did not use it (as I called 3 times to close out my account) I would sue them. I had my boyfriend go here as well and funny enough, he needed a periodontal cleaning which would have costed him $1,600 and needed a root canal. Long story short, he was signed up for $4,000 financing. He walked out of there and did some research because he had a bad feeling, and sure enough, he was right! This practice is FRAUD and are SCAM ARTISTS! I'm so sick that I even paid a dime to this office. Please be aware of the scam they try to pull on you. The employees are very nice but who wouldn't be when they think they are getting $6,000+ out of you?! Again, please be VERY cautious about going here. Do your research before making your decision. I did not do that and I regret it BIG TIME! There are some lawsuits against this practice and MANY angry customers, such as myself. Please be VERY VERY VERY careful with this office and make sure to check your receipts because they might be scamming you and you don't even know it!!!!!!!!

Imagine if YOU, with no dental experience, decide you are going to go out and make a killing owing dental offices. You hire dentists with no experience right out of school as cheap as you can.

You hire other support staff off the street for a pittance with no dental experience. To get patients you spend a fortune on TV commercials filled with nothing but lies.

You tell dentists and staff they will lose their jobs if they don't produce more and more and more revenue. Keep them scared of job loss all the time.

This is how Aspen was started and is run.

All you need to know about this outfit is that it is owned by private equity group, Leonard Green and Partners. They are not dentists.

PLUS Aspen has been slammed by FOUR state attorneys general for deceiving and cheating patients. They just pay the fines and carry on their scams.

Does any sane person need any more reasons not to patronize this business?

h.kitchener

Well-said. I always advise people to go to a dentist in private practice recommended by friends, relatives, etc.

Dental mills like Aspen should be avoided like the plague. Good luck.

View more comments (2)
Problems with payment

Aspen Dental Dentures Review

The worst traumatizing experience I have ever had. $5,000 later here I still sit with half my teeth in my mouth and dentures that cant be worn... and won't honor their money back guarantee ***!!!!
Bad quality

Aspen Dental Dentures Review

Worst experience ever!!! 3 years later and i still don't have dentures.... Even though I paid over 3000 for them.
Order processing issue

Aspen Dental Check Up Review from Tampa, Florida

Aspen Dental sucks all the way around. They are rough with procedures, they over charge, and they screw bills up. I was charged $36.00 for fluoride the day i had my teeth cleaned, and when i received a statement from my insurance and they had charged them as well. I called to get my money back, and they refused. Needless to say this isn't over, and my insurance company plans on turning them in to the ADA.

Sad to say, the ADA has no enforcement power. It is a professional organization to which A$pen does not belong.

Also sad to tell you that because this group is owned by an investor group instead of dentists, your state board of dentistry has no enforcement power over them.

That is why non-dentist ownership of dental practices has always been banned in most states. These crooks operate by loopholes in the law.

It is unusual to apply fluoride to adult teeth unless they have had radiation and extremely dry mouth. It is more economical to give patients a prescription for fluoride gel and let them brush it on before bed.

Hygienists at this clip joint are under extreme pressure to bill revenues, and applying fluoride to adults' teeth is one way they can increase net billings and get a commission.

If employees don't produce big revenues for this sleazebag joint, they lose their jobs real fast.

Your only hope is to complain to your state attorney general. When the NY attorney general had received over 300 complaints against A$pen in that state, he finally acted against them last month and made them sign a consent order.

It's not over get. Soon you will get a bill for their "free Exam" and anything else they can charge you for. Aspen loves to scam.

Pricing issue

Aspen Dental - Dentures Review from Tampa, Florida

1.3
They spent 8 months shoving paper in my face trying to get me to agree that I was happy with my plate.I WASNT.It was to wide which caused excruciating pain that landed me in emergency room.Then after the final fitting I've had two teeth come lose ..one literally fell out in my mouth..the second was a front tooth which broke away from the gums from biting into a simple freeze pop..Which WASNT even totally frozen..This is only year two of my dentures and 2 teeth in less than 6 months have come out of my dentures..What's gonna happen when they are four years old..ILL BET they try and sell me a new set.I bought THE MOST EXPENSIVE denture..so I wouldnt have these problems.Now when I call to ask for my records..I get the run around...I asked for a manager..and get put on hold for 15 min only to be hung up on without speaking to one..They wanna know where I'm taking the files..REALLY ??? Is it ANY of there business..Oh yeah..they are a law suit waiting to happen

Teeth virtually never fall of dentures. When they do, it is because wax remnants are left on them when plastic is flowed in the mold.

In other words, it happens with sloppy lab work. A$pen is famous for using the cheapest labs out there, sometimes ones in China.

The most expensive denture at this grubby clinic does not hold a candle to the dentures made by experienced dentists in private practice. You believe in TV commercials, you got crumby dentures, man. No amount of piddling with them will remedy the situation.

Chalk this one up to experience.

The threat of a lawsuit does not scare them in the least. They got more legal firepower than you can ever dream of having.

Next time, select a dentist based on reputation of honesty and competence, not based on some silly, lying TV commercials.

Aspen Dental - Tooth Extraction Review from Tampa, Florida

I had NOTHING but trouble since I did business with them .They left a chip of bone in my mouth when removing 6 teeth.Then made my plate to wide which gave me excruciating pain which landed me in the emergency room.After 8 months of insisting they make adjustments I ended up with a full upper plate for thousands of dollars.I since have had TWO teeth that came lose and fell out of my plate I less than a year.DO yourself a favor..STAY AWAY !Now when i call to get my records ..i get the run around and they dont want to co operate in making them readily available.I asked for a manager and was put on hold 15 min and eventually hung up on.

Evil company. Needs 8 on your side.

A common complaint on this forum is this grubby chain not forwarding x-ray copies as requested. This is mandated under state practice law, although they can charge you for copying the x-rays.

The big question is: did you REALLY need all the teeth extracted?

Many times leaving a couple of canine roots, and doing root canals on them, can make a denture so much more successful. (These are called "over dentures."

Why did you choose the sleaziest dental outfit around for treatment? Did you believe their TV ads? Was it the allure of getting a "free" exam and x-rays?

Did you really think you would save money going to a fleabag outfit, operating illegally under practice law? You made a big mistake.

Now your precious teeth are in the landfill instead of in your mouth.

Guess you will now have to do what you should have done to start with: find an experienced, honest, and competent dentist WHO OWNS HIS OWN PRACTICE and pick up the pieces of the mess you are in. That was sure an expensive lesson to learn!

Contact Aspen Dental Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
13, Ocala Ave
All Aspen Dental Contacts

Latest Question

Aspen Dental Questions

Aspen Dental - Review in Dental Services category from Tampa, Florida

since I seen so many bad reviews I will never step into a aspen!!!!!!

The first clue for you should have been their advertisements on TV. These indicate a very high patient turnover rate, and usually for good reason.

Don't believe anything.

@Anonymous

Don't believe any of aspen's lies. They will smile while they steal right in front of you face. Scammers

You are one smart person!! They lie straight to your face and steal your money, anything to get your money. They got 9 thousand dollars from me, and the dentures are so horrible I can't even wear them they hurt me so bad, I had to go somewhere else and get another set.

View more comments (3)