State: Florida City: Orlando Clear all filters (24 of 4002 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show
1.2
Aspen Dental is the worst Dental practice in the world! Over one year ago I ended up having a bridge put on my 4 front teeth. I paid over $2,400.00 that they told me insurance wasn’t covering! I received bill from them a month later saying I owed another $1,500.00!...

Normal price for a bridge unit is about $1100. So 4 unit bridge would cost about $4400.

Bridges are covered at 50% on most insurances but subject to a yearly maximum of $1000-1500. So your part probably not really out of line. The sad thing is most competent dentists do implants now and not bridges, because bridges require cutting down sound teeth. Of course, the newbie dentists at Aspen don't know how to do implants, and would have to refer them out.

When they refer things out, they do not earn commission. This is the sort of nonsense you get when you go to a shyster corporate outfit instead of a regular independent dentist.

Review
Pros
  • Liked male dentist & his older assistant
Cons
  • Rude new mgmt incorrect billing procedures
  • Rude staff
$2000
Preferred solution
All paid up! Billed process incorrectly! A bridge is one apparatus; not 4 separate crowns as they billed it
Tags
  • unprofessional attitude
  • Incorrect Billing Procedures

Aspen Dental in Orlando, Florida - Cleaning

call me to discuss my misunderstanding
Review
Pros
  • Staff was fine
Cons
  • Costs
Pricing issue
Price reduction

Aspen Dental in Orlando, Florida - Almost Died

Called Aspen Dental for appointment for pain sent me to Ormond Beach Office. Dentist pulled wrong tooth .The tooth that needed to be pulled became abscest. Became very ill, turned into blood infection, very very sick went to another dentist who pulled tooth . Made an appointment with Aspen Dental but this one was in palm coast fl. Made me wait an hour, called in new patient an hour early saw that person but not me, when I complained took me to the desk a nd proceeded to tell me i had to give them $ 345.00 jyst to make the appointment for the next day, Next day show up at 10 am appointment at 10:15 payed the rest of the money while waiting to be called they callef another patient in who came in after me, when I questioned this They became rude and unprofessional, and the Dentist at this office not caring about my health, just because I questioned them and there practice would not give me the cleaning I needed, because I had taken up time from the hygenis ONE CHAIR in office. Tried to get $614.00 refund on CC and they refused. Had to contact CC COMPANY, to dispute charge. When I explained to the CC COMPANY they were more than happy to refuse to pay this company for services NOT rendered.

Good for you. You paid them with credit card so you could keep them from stealing from you.

Imagine the sad outcome if you had given them cash or check. You would be fighting for months, even years, to get a refund. What I don't understand is why you went to ANTOHER A$pen dental office after being treated incompetently in the Ormand Beach office. Are you a glutton for punishment?

Please take care of your teeth and save them instead of extracting them. Find a COMPETENT and HONEST private practice dentist and stick with him, instead of expecting good service from crooked corporate chop shops like A$pen

Featured

Aspen Dental in Orlando, Florida - Shoddy dentures

1.8

Update by user May 13

My husband received a past due bill for dentures that had been returned via registered and insured mail, so he called someone by the name of Kelly/Holly from Corporate on 3/29/2019 at 11:52am, and told her the legal steps he was going to take including filing a complaint for exploitation of the elderly with the Attorney General of Florida, and she responded that corporate never received notice that the dentures were returned, so she said she would investigate and get back to us. On April 12, 2019, we received a call from corporate at 10:00am, and was told that we would be receiving a billing showing a zero balance; however, as of today, 5/13/2019, we have not received that billing showing that we don't owe them anything or any other correspondence, so we have no idea where we stand legally at this point. We will contact the attorney at the law firm, we received notice from via email, today from Elena from the PissedConsumer Team, to see what steps we need to take next.

Update by user Dec 10, 2018

Our credit card company withdrew the funds from Aspen's account and refunded us - this is the second time. We were asked not to speak with them anymore, directly, and will let us know when to send the second set of dentures registered insured mail, back to the local office. Letters have been written to the credit bureaus explaining the situation, so nothing negative has appeared on our credit rating.We have about two more weeks for this fiasco to be settled with our credit card company - they are handling everything for us.We did get a bill from Aspen for the second set of dentures, so, hopefully this matter will be behind us very soon - over four months now...

Original review posted by user Nov 08, 2018

I had no idea the nightmare we were in for. Over three months, and first set of dentures were so oversize, my husband could hardly close his mouth, kept biting his lips and drooling all over the place. finally, they agreed that they needed to do a second pair - unbelieveable the shoddy work on the second pair Paid $2478.40 for a set of dentures, that keep falling out of his mouth and now going on over three months working with these people. We've tried to email excellent pics of the dentures, but all email links come back, , because we aren't handing over these dentures until an attorney sees them - read a post about them "hanging on to the evidence," to make it really hard to sue them, so when this is settled, they'll get their shoddy dentures back bubble wrapped and in certified mail to verify they got them. You can clearly see by the pics that the tech filed off too much on the bottom denture thus ruining it after the first adjustment. The top is patched with a pinhole visible - these things tear my husband's gums to pieces! We paid for a set of dentures that keep falling out of his mouth, now, going on over three months working with these people. We've tried to email excellent pics of the dentures, but there's not an email link, available that doesn't come back, , because we aren't handing over this mess until an attorney sees them - read a post about them "hanging on to the evidence," to make it really hard to sue them, so when this is settled, they'll get their shoddy dentures back bubble wrapped and in certified mail to verify they got them. You can clearly see by the pics that the tech filed off too much on the bottom denture thus ruining it, and the top is patched - wide area , and granules can be scratched off the patch behind the front teeth with a pinhole visible - these things tear my husband's gums to pieces! Notice the first one on the left, juts out to the right, so didn't fit, and the bottom denture doesn't have enough of a groove on the left side to even put a bead of adhesive, so they keep falling out. The one on the far right is a pic old old denture that our son used heavy duty glue to hold them together after they broke - ten year old dentures, and first time we've had a problem with them - see the difference in the new bottom denture which is a pic of the second one on this post.

When shipping items of cash value, use Registered Mail Return Receipt Requested. Certified Mail is for documents requiring signature confirmation only.

Registered provides the signature as well as shipping insurance for qualifying items.

Keep all of your postal receipts. You may find it difficult to retain one set until you receive a second ; technically you will then owe for two sets - be aware.

SmoggyFossa699
@Anonymous

We filed a dispute with our credit card company on the first pair, and they put a hold on Aspen's payment. We have the paperwork sent to our credit card company verifying that they agreed to do a second set of dentures because the first were not useable - way too big for his mouth, and the second pair has been paid for - credit card company released payment on the second set the day my husband picked them up - his mistake was picking them up without thoroughly examining them - the tech put adhesive on them; put them in his mouth, and told him to come back if he needed an adjustment, and he did, but then she ruined them when she filed them down too far... Thanks for the info on mailing them.

Your husband's bone and gums have shrunk in 10 years so you should not expect the inside of this new ones to look exactly like the inside of his old ones. Well-fitting dentures should not require adhesive to stay in.

Go to a fleabag corporate dental clinic staffed with fresh graduates right out of dental school and you cannot expect much good to happen. The one thing they always get right is emptying patient bank accounts.

Perhaps a competent dentist can reline them and make them usable, if you are lucky. Don't go to another corporate chain seeking to have that done.

SmoggyFossa699
@ClydeDDS

Our new dentist, not a corporate chain, said the dentures are not salvageable because the tech filed the bottom denture down on one side, too far, and the top one has been patched with a pinhole in it, and as you can see in the pic, and it juts out beyond his gum line on one side. Live and learn - we are new to the area we live in, and had no idea about Aspen's reputation - local reviews that I checked were good, so now we know, they aren't honest about those either...

@SmoggyFossa699

Aspen commands a number of fake review sites that filter out the bad reviews. Sites like PissedConsumer never come up first in web searches.

Online reviews can be doctored. It is better to talk to people you know.

View more comments (4)
Review
Cons
  • Shoddy workmanship
Full refund

Aspen Dental in Orlando, Florida - Locate procedure codes for services rendered

3.0
No answer on Telephone from local office on Friday afternoon
Problems with payment

Aspen Dental in Orlando, Florida - Terrible worst in my life

Poor staff rude hostile environment terrible products and teeth fall out all the time off my denture and several other patients

Please consider that aspen's workers there are pi$$ed off all the time because they are tired of the scams too and are close to committing suicide. I would be rude too if I was forced to shaft people all day long.

In this economy, with its substandard pay and working conditions, the only employees Aspen can get is rejects from other dental offices. Yeah, teeth fall out of dentures all the time.

That is what happens when lab techs are not given enough time to cleanse the teeth of wax before pouring the acrylic around them. Aspen patient want dentures fast and cheap, and this is what happens when we make dentures fast and cheap.

Review
#1320864 Review #1320864 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Aspen Dental in Orlando, Florida - Failed inplants

Shortly after dental implants the teeth fell out within 5 months No compensation or satisfaction from Aspen!

Congratulations! You were the winner of the famous Aspen Temporary implants! (They call them "mini" implants.) You screw them in, they last for about 6 months, the bone is lost around them, then they fall out.That is why most reputable dentists no longer do them, and advise against having them done.Aspen, on the on other hand, will do anything to filch more money from patients.Alas, it is a hopeless task to go to a seedy chain like Aspen for a complicated thing like implants!

Bad quality

Aspen Dental in Orlando, Florida - They lost a customer.

3.6
I had a lot of work done by Aspen, a little pricey but I could handle it and was happy with what they were doing. I read all the negative comments but continued to have the work done. Then on 08/11/2016 I went in for a scheduled cleaning,before the appointment I asked what the charge would be and was told it would be 200.oo for that day. So when I go to the appointment the office manager says today will be 257.00 I say WHAT? It's suppose to be 200.00 then she goes through the charges and adds a deductible which I already paid for 2016!I was steaming!I said you've lost a customer Ill take my business elsewhere.
#1198550

The big surprise will come when you visit a reputable dentist and find our how substandard much of your A$pen dental treatment is.

#1198436

Aspen's focus is on the $$$$$$$$$$$$ not your mouth. That is why there are 2,000 complaints on this site alone.

#1198391

The sad part is you might never know if half the treatment done was even necessary. And when you go to a regular dentist, you might find the the dental treatment already done is slipshod and may have to be redone shortly, totally at your expense. This is what I find when I examine patients from A$pen and other seedy corporate dental mills like it.

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • Over charges
Pricing issue

Aspen Dental in Orlando, Florida - Horrible!

Went to Aspen Dental today with my Mom for a consultation. My Mom is elderly and lost a tooth on the side of her mouth in the front. Given her age she does not want to spend thousands of dollars on dental work. I told them she wanted to get a bridge if they could do that. They went on and on that she had bone loss on her bottom teeth and they wanted to do periodontal work. I told them she was not going to be put through that and that she is on SS and could not afford expensive dental treatments. The dentist was very abrupt and did not ever smile from the time he entered the room. He then said he would not do the bridge because it would be malpractice since she did not want to have the bone loss addressed on her bottom teeth. He said he would only be able to make a temporary bridge that would not last. First of all that is ridiculous. He could have done the permanent bridge and if he was concerned about the bone loss not being addressed he could have had her sign a statement that she was told about the bone loss and opted not to address it. I should have known not to go there since my husband and gone there about six months ago and had a similar experience. They are all about money and the dentists are rude to say the least. Stay Away!!!!

The dentist would probably be smiling if he worked in a private office outside of aspen. He is probably thinking of suicide working in this hole called aspen.

As you say, it is baloney that they could not do a bridge on the upper without doing all that gum work on the lower. Yes, most dentists would want her to sign a hold-harmless agreement.

However, a bridge is no small treatment either.

It would be $3000 or more. It might be more practical to make a partial designed so that teeth could be added if she lost more later.

Contact Aspen Dental Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
13, Ocala Ave
All Aspen Dental Contacts

Latest Question

Aspen Dental Questions

Aspen Dental in Orlando, Florida - Bad office procedures

I have a possible abscessed tooth and call on Friday 2/26 for a emergency appointment. Their website says same day or next day emergency appointments. They gave me an initial new patient appointment for Tuesday March 1 at 3pm. On Monday at 5 pm after I had already confirmed the appointment they called because someone had overbooked and wanted to change the appointment to Thursday March 3. This was going to be just an initial appointment for new patients so who knows how long it would take to get the problem fixed and what would be involved. I declined their new appointment and mention emergency appointment promise on their website to which there was no comment. So I'll take my business elsewhere and advise others to do the same.

As the other poster stated, even if they had gotten you in five minutes after you called, they would not have treated your toothache. They would have done x-rays and an exam of your entire mouth, concocted an expensive treatment plan, and tried to get you to pay the whole amount up front on a proprietary credit card.

Then after they had your money, it would have been next to impossible to get another appointment for your toothache.

Wall Street investors who own the clinics hire crooked managers who behave like crooks. No surprise there.

#1120023

Aspen dental's first appointment is to ALWAYS get you in, do a faulty exam that runs the bill up on you, then force you to sign a high interest predatory credit card loan. Then they will give you an appointment far in the future.

They don't care about your pain. Run FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!