State: Florida Clear all filters (430 of 4002 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show
1.4
I had dental work done by Aspen in November 2017. Was told I had to pay in advance. Paid amount they asked for, and gave them my three dental insurance cards. It took them over six months to take care of my dental work, and I was assured everything was paid for since...

Billing is a cluster-f_ _ _ at this shyster chain. One hand does not know what the other is doing.

Nobody want to take responsibility for any billing mistakes. Your only mistake is to get a lawyer on the case.

Of course you will have to pay for this. Better to pay an honest lawyer than a bunch of crooks running a dental chain clinic.

1.2
Aspen Dental is the worst Dental practice in the world! Over one year ago I ended up having a bridge put on my 4 front teeth. I paid over $2,400.00 that they told me insurance wasn’t covering! I received bill from them a month later saying I owed another $1,500.00!...

Normal price for a bridge unit is about $1100. So 4 unit bridge would cost about $4400.

Bridges are covered at 50% on most insurances but subject to a yearly maximum of $1000-1500. So your part probably not really out of line. The sad thing is most competent dentists do implants now and not bridges, because bridges require cutting down sound teeth. Of course, the newbie dentists at Aspen don't know how to do implants, and would have to refer them out.

When they refer things out, they do not earn commission. This is the sort of nonsense you get when you go to a shyster corporate outfit instead of a regular independent dentist.

Review
Pros
  • Liked male dentist & his older assistant
Cons
  • Rude new mgmt incorrect billing procedures
  • Rude staff
$2000
Preferred solution
All paid up! Billed process incorrectly! A bridge is one apparatus; not 4 separate crowns as they billed it
  • unprofessional attitude
  • Incorrect Billing Procedures

Aspen Dental in Sanford, Florida - Denture Repair

1.6
They wouldn't glue my lower denture together without a costly mouth exam, WHY?

Because without the costly exam, they cannot come up with a costly treatment plant of unnecessary treatment they can bill you for IN ADVANCE. In other words, their chance of bilking you out of large amounts of money is impossible without that exam.

So they try to pressure you into it by refusing to fix your lower denture. Scammers and thieves own this outfit.

Stay away. Stay away from other corporate vultures as well, like Affordable Dentures, Coast, Dental One, Great Expressions, Sage, and Western.

Review
this has got to be one of the worst experiences of my life when I went to Aspen Dental Clinic in Merritt Island's I have a crown that was chipped I had it removed and a new Crown put in AT A COST OF $1000.00 I had no previous problems with the crown except for the fact...

Often I have said that Aspen gives you third world quality dentistry at New York City prices. However, from what you say, Aspen dentistry is not even as good as the average Phillipino dentistry.

Take inexperienced dentists right out of school that are deep in debt. Put them on a low salary/commission basis where it is difficult for them to make a living except by overtreating patients Force them to use cheap crummy dental labs, some in China. The resultant dental treatment is seldom satisfactory. Don't kid yourself.

The Merritt Island Aspen is typical of all Aspens. They are all cut from the same greasy mold.

Review
Cons
  • Terrible dentists
Bad quality
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental in Milton, Florida - Disappointed

Wow...thank you for your comment.....I know we've kept up with our teeth ...when they told my husband this we were upset but it gets worse.... they told me mine were fine however we bought a new home in Milton and when we switched (within a two week period) the new Aspen Dental with all my previous X-rays and probing reports said they had to exam first before cleaning and they told me I needed that deep cleaning too. I was beside myself and when I asked for proof she could only show me one tooth that had bad receeding though she said I had over 9 but couldn't show me stating the numerous X-rays were made and couldn't show it.

The bogus "gum disease" claim that allows A$pen to rape the patient for unnecessary fees. Find yourself an honest independent dentist to care for you. Kick the Corporate Clown Clinic habit!

2.1
I went to Aspen in the spring. Dr Marie offered to do two implants and a plate on my bottom teeth for $4100. I wanted to see about restoration. She told me she couldn’t do it. And yet it’s in their description. Never gave me an estimate for that I went to three...

You are wrong. To do four implants, they also would have had to add attachments for the extra two implants.

It is more work. Look, the LAST place you want to do implants is the Aspen scammers. They will use the cheapest implants they can find. There is little to know chance the denture made for them will fit accurately.

Super accurate impressions must be taken. The buffoon dentists who work for Aspen never can do this with the materials they have. What you want is very complicated- much more complex than you imagine. For a removable denture, all you need is two really nicely placed implants.

Then you can attach them to the denture with magnets or Locator attachments. Wouldn't be a bad idea to reinforce the denture with metal so it will not break. YOU NEED AN EXPERIENCED INDEPENDENT DENTIST TO PERFORM COMPLICATED TREATMENT LIKE THIS, NOT A FLEABAG CORPORATE CHOP SHOP CLINIC! For goodness sakes do not let anyone do those mini-implants on you.

They are cheaper, but fall out in no time. Two implants + implant attachments + an implant denture will cost you around $7000.

View more comments
Review
Pros
  • Nice nurse
Cons
  • Professionalism
  • No integrity
  • Integrity
Pricing issue
Do the work you said you do for $4100. Plus the price of two implants
  • Mislead And Decieved
  • Unprofessional- Unhelpful Customer

Aspen Dental in Clearwater, Florida - Not happy with service

1.6
I find this office rude, not friendly does not answer questions appropriately staff acts annoyed when asking about plan and charges. Everytime I came in I was quoted a different amount for payment. Not happy with the quality of the partial I ordered not the right color and does not fit well.

Not happy with the partial with the metal framework made in China, cheap teeth, and cold-cured acrylic? There is no worse place you could have gone to for partials.

They don't even have the machines necessary to design partials properly.

Might as well give up and do what you should have done to start with: go to a reputable independent dentist and have it done right. Don't dare go to another sleazy chain like Affordable Dentures.

Review
Pros
  • Timely appointments
Cons
  • Belittled
  • Business practices
  • Lack of knowledgeable staff
Full refund
  • Terrible Dentures

Aspen Dental in Crestview, Florida - Horrible...Money $$$ ...racket

1.5
My husband and self went to the Crestview Florida office after moving to Florida...after tons of X-rays examinations and probing they told my husband he had serious gum disease and needed to start a deep cleaning regime($1000) my husband went and it lasted less than 20 min and said it was nothing more than a reg cleaning...once they get you on this documentation all cleanings thereafter cost $200 extra than ins.....we've never missed check ups and brush daily and floss at least twice a week..BEWARE

UPDATE......Aspen without my knowing credited my Credit Card back for all costs...United HC advised me to call the State Insurance Commission and also Fla Health Comm in Tallahassee which I've now done..they are sending me Complaint Forms to fill out, also the lady I spoke with said they have had lots of calls about Aspen...I'm hoping I can do as much damage as possible to this Scam Company and assist in putting them out of business. Please anyone, if you get Scammed by this Company, get in touch of your State Commissions, there is help out there, you just have to inquire and call for it.

TranquilCeskyFousek203

I just had a deep root cleaning...15th to be exact, 1st of Aspen, it normally takes 2 appts, and at least 1:15 to complete ea time....this time it was less than an hour, and didn't feel like I was getting a deep root cleaning, rather a regular basic cleaning....$1900

@TranquilCeskyFousek203

Another thing: for deep scaling and root planing it is virtually always necessary to numb patients with anesthetic. Going into deep pockets with instruments is no comfortable! If there was no numbing, you probably did not get a deep scaling and root planing.

@Anonymous

Thanks for your response...I asked the 'dentist' if she was good with the needle...she said they didn't use needles, but a Gel instead...so I received the 'Gel' which was a very slight numbing, not even close to an anesthetic applied by a needle that I'm used to, where you know you're numb and takes a few hours to wear off, this had worn off before I was even out of the chair. I'm getting madder just sitting here typing about this.

@TranquilCeskyFousek203

TranquilCeskyFousek203 Port Orange Fla Called Medicare twice last week to tell them about the situation, and try to prevent them from paying the charge/1/2 the Bill ($889 their charge-$918 mine) that they were charged for my "deep root cleaning"..they haven't received the Bill yet. I'm supposed to call back tomorrow, Monday for an update......I also called American Express to have them stop payment...too late, however they did credit my account ($918) and told me Aspen was going to have to Prove to them I got a DR Cleaning before they pay them...Nothing get me madder than getting ripped off, and when I see all the other complaints of older people getting taken advantage of! I will do all I can to help put this SCAM out of Business....GLTA, I'll keep posting results of what is happening to that end, along with hopefully getting reimbursed.

@TranquilCeskyFousek203

UPDATE THURS OCT 10TH...Just got a call from Aspen...they asked me what the problem was, I told them I came in for a Deep Root Cleaning and al I got was a regular everyday cleaning....she asked me to come in to be examined to see what happpened, I told her I'd never step foot in their office again, and told them to look on the Internet, they are a complete SCAM

No deep cleaning takes only 20 minutes. We schedule two 1.5 hour appointments for 4 quadrants of scaling and root planing, plus a shorter appointment after that to polish the teeth.

Here is what happens. Rinky-dink dental plans pay a pittance for regular cleanings. So Aspen "upcodes" regular cleanings to scaling and root planings to make a killing. This is what Wall-Street-investor-owned clinics do.

This is why it is against the law in most states for non-dentists to own dental offices. Aspen has a team of lawyers that fight these laws.

View more comments (6)
Bad quality
Let the company propose a solution
1.1
I needed several teeth filled due to medical issues. They scheduled a cleaning first. Felt that it needed to be done but the teeth should have been filled before that. They then called me the day of my appointment and cancelled. It was two weeks until they had a...

Every good dental office takes blood pressure before treatment. Even crummy offices like Aspen do it.

Why? Anesthetic has epinephrine in it which can raise blood pressure even more. Patients can have a hemorrhagic stroke during dental treatment if their blood pressure is too high. Would you want that?

Of course, they could have put you on a tranquilizer, and that perhaps would have brought your BP down. Never heard of having fillings for medical reasons, and I have practiced for 40 years. Teeth with cavities need fillings, regardless of any medical condition. Any tartar MUST be cleaned off before fillings are done.

Otherwise the fillings might rest on tartar instead of sound teeth, or the gums may bleed into the fillings.

Regardless of all the BS misinformation in your mind, it is good you left Aspen. Hopefully you will go to a competent independent dentist who owns his practice, instead of another corporate clown club clinic.

Review
Cons
  • Poor customer relations due to poor quality work
  • No Bedside Manner

Contact Aspen Dental Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
13, Ocala Ave
All Aspen Dental Contacts

Latest Question

Aspen Dental Questions

Aspen Dental in Jacksonville, Florida - Financial servicers

On june the 3rd 2019 I financed 6,767 dollars for treatment. I was told when my dental insurance paid that amount would be forwarded to my finance company .My insurance paid, and the money was not forwarded. Trying to call the accounting section is like pulling teeth. A recording tells you they will call you back. One and a half hours later still waiting.

The old "collect all the money up front, and keep the insurance payment" trick. Heard it many times before.

Aspen accounting is like a Black Hole in deep space. It sucks any money anywhere near into it, never to be seen again. Better find an independent dentist with his own practice to do the work next time.

No telling how much of that Aspen treatment was unnecessary and will fail in the future. Nobody save money going to a *** shack like Aspen.