I am "EXTREMELY UNHAPPY " with the service at this office. This is the most unorganized dentist office I have ever been to.

This office is on the 3rd dentist in one year. When I originally started my treatment plan to get partials, I was given a price for the whole treatment by the first office manager (Amanda W.-who was actually wonderful). At that point, my treatment started with x-rays, etc. I was told I was going to have eight teeth pulled but Dr.

Flora Segovia pulled nine instead, and of course I was charged. At that point, they gave me my temporary partials. When I went in to have a crown put in on the top of my mouth, Dr. Segovia decided to do another impression on the bottom on that same day.

She left me sitting in the chair with the impression for 15 minutes. My chair was in a laid back position and I was unable to get anyones attention and I was having trouble breathing. Dr. Segovia finally came back and proceeded to pull the impression out, which was at this time was like cement.

The impression was stuck and would not come out. She finally rocked it back and forth, pulled it out and said, "looks like you have two loose teeth". I said, "that came from you leaving the impression in to long". She immediately said, "oh no we do these all the time and your teeth must have been already loose, impressions don't make your teeth loose.

At that point, I was steaming mad and knew I was now looking at more money! She told me we would need to schedule an appointment to have them pulled and told me they would not charge me and they would add two teeth to my temporary partials that day which they did. My next appointment was in 7 days and I almost did not go because I was so upset. After all that I was really to upset to go back right away to get my treatment completed.

After a couple months, I decided to get a copy of my account detail to see what all I was charged for. I noticed a couple mistakes and over charges, one was they charged me for those two teeth she pulled when she said they wouldn't charge me. They also double charged me for an office visit. I also noticed that they listed the impression that loosened my two teeth on the day of extraction (1/30/14).

At this point, I am so disappointed and extremely upset! I called to speak to the office manager who was now a different one and her name was Amanda Biskner, but she was not available so I left a message and a call back number. After numerous messages and no call back, I decided to go into the office to speak to her. When she finally was able to see me, I told her about everything and all she could tell me is "there is nothing I can do for you".

I explained to her that is why I haven't been back in 6 months even tho I have a credit on my account. I asked her, "what work do I have left to do and how much will it cost", and she said, "three fillings and your permanent partials". She wrote down on a sticky note, "$107.99 at delivery of partials" and told me, that is all I need out of pocket to complete the work. A couple days went by and I called to schedule my appointment and spoke to Amanda to reverify the amount.

She then tells me, I need a crown and I need more money then what she told me. I proceeded to tell her that I do not need a crown and I'm not paying for a crown and she said she would have to check with the dentist to see if she can change the treatment. Again, NO CALL BACK!! At that time, I called the regional office on 7/11/14, left a message and Christine was very nice advised that Josh (regional manager) would call me back.

On 7/15/14, I received a private call from Josh who really did not have an answer for me but advised I should schedule a no charge appointment to have an evaluation since it's been a while. Well it's been a while because I am extremely unhappy with the service I had with two people in that office (Dr. Flora Segovia and Amanda Biskner). The sad thing is when I first started, I referred a friend and her mother to the office and I got no recognition for it.

My friend had a BAD EXPERIENCE as well!! I know that this has been an extreme nightmare and I wish I could wake up and start somewhere else but now my money is exhausted. I will never refer this dentist office or any of Aspen Dental to anyone. There is one girl who works as a receptionist (Rachael) who does more work and is very thorough at her job who should be working as the office manager or should get a raise because she has excellent customer service skills.

There are also two other girls who I don't know their names but they are great also.

Comments

Florence, Alabama, United States #842438

My experience with Aspen has been a nightmare, some of the people in the office seems nice. until I heard them talking about other people that was not happy.

Syracuse, New York, United States #842432

I worked for these scammers. Confusion and wrong information is an intentional part of their game plan.

Going too fast at every point in the game benefits aspen. Imagine a dentist walking in on a patient he has never seen and may not even agree with the treatment from the previous dentist and only having 10-20 minutes to provide an invasive procedures that day. Aspen knows the dentist doesn't have time to redo the treatment plan or check behind the office manager to see if the ppt was billed for what he actually did that day. The office managers used to work at Mcdonalds and have no idea the difference between a toothbrush and a denture.

If they overcharge or wrongly bill , the management at aspen don't care because they get to hold on to that money until someone figures out the mistake or usually they just get away with it. Don't expect honesty from aspen.

I used to hear the employees ask every single patient when they left to please go to their website and write a good review, yeah a good laugh.

When they don't have enough good reviews they get friends of theirs to write them. Good,honest company!

henrius
Boise, Idaho, United States #842166

1. It is certainly not standard protocol to leave a patient alone while an impression is in his mouth.

In fact, hands should not be taken off the impression tray while the material is setting!

2. The looseness of the teeth plays a part in what impression material is used. For instance, if a patient has loose teeth, polyether material should not be used.

3. Three dentist is a year in a sleazy corporate clinic is nothing unusual.

Working conditions are terrible in these clinics and no decent dentist wants to work there for long.

4. As is revealed by a lab technician in another post, this chain uses cheap metal work for partials from China, and the quality is very poor. It would be impossible for even a good dentist to make a decent partial at such a chain clinic.

5. When I extract a number of teeth at the same time, I often give patients a break and do not charge for some, if the extractions are very easy.

I do not understand at all why you chose a corporate chain clinic owned by investors rather than dentists for complicated work like you need. Fabricating a good partial denture is a very difficult and demanding procedure to do right. I have two on my desk now to design, and must consult with a lab owner in order to get the design right. It can be that complicated to fabricate a partial denture.

You should have sought a dentist who owned his own practice and was good at doing this, probably after years of experience. Instead you chose the place least likely to accomplish the task successfully. Be honest with yourself.

Was your choice because of a desire to get treatment as cheaply as possible? My guess is you have already paid much more than an honest dentist practice owner would have charged you.

to henrius Herndon, Virginia, United States #842268

I'm not the individual who posted the initial complaint, but Henrius, are you SERIOUSLY blaming the PATIENT for choosing ASPEN and as an end result all of this is THEIR FAULT? Based on #6, it sure sounds like you ARE!

HORRIBLE. Aspen dental is by far not a CHEAP place, but their hours are way more convenient then your typical Dentist hence why it may appeal to a person who doesn't want to wait 6 months to get in to see a Dentist who is in a private practice. I sure am glad I don't live in Boise, ID (or wherever you're located)...I'd run from a rude Dentist such as yourself. You're no better if you're going to blame a patient for their choice in Doctor.

Why would they have thought to doubt Aspen Dental in the first place? You're a typical stuck up Doctor thinking all patients should know as much as you, and if they don't, it's all THEIR fault.

You should delete #6.

to Annoyed with Dental Profession #842300

I write these posts to HELP patients avoid bad dental care. Unfortunately I find that many people are not skeptical enough and swallow expensive TV and radio advertisements hook, line, and sinker.

The fact that clinics have expensive ads like this is a warning sign in itself- indicating high patient turnover rate, usually because of patient dissatisfaction.

There is no possibility to get good dental care in corporate clinics for long. Even if a good recent graduate were to work there, he or she would leave as quickly as possible for a better position. No dentist wants to work in clinics where they are pressured to overtreat and overcharge patients, use terrible labs, work late hours, and be supervised by ignorant managers with high school degrees.

Where I live, I know of no dentist that has a 6 month wait for appointments. Most can see patients the same day or the next day.

However, those that sign up for horrible paying PPOs have long waiting lists, as they have to herd patients in like cattle to make a profit.

DMOs have long appointment waiting lists because in these perverse plans, the only way a dentist can make money is collect the monthly capitation fee, and make the patient wait for appointments as long as possible. Word to the wise: if you have one of these raunchy plans, drop it. They are a waste of money.

There is ZERO chance of anyone getting a good partial denture made in these type of clinics.

How do I know? I worked in one a long time ago. Even if a qualified dentist worked in one and took the time to do it right, he would STILL be forced to use an abysmal dental lab, because to corp uses the cheapest labs out there, including Chinese ones.

If convenience is your preeminent concert, know this: although some exist, few experienced dentists will be open Saturdays and in the evenings until 9:00.

That is the ONE advantage the corp clinics have over us. You will pay a VERY heavy price for that advantage.

to henrius Southfield, Michigan, United States #842271

Aspen advertises as an office that offers payment plans for those who don't have the hundreds or thousands of dollars that dental treatment can cost. It is not always a desire to get treatment as cheaply as possible.

to Comp***ionate #842305

Most dentists have Care Credit in place which is a payment plan. Want to know the difference?

At this corporate clinic the ENTIRE treatment plan amount is charged out before the treatment is even performed. That is unethical- outright fraud!

It also results in higher interest paid over time.

2. Their "payment plan" has a very high rate of interest.

I urge you to read other posts from ex-employees of the bunch of thieves if you doubt what I write.

to Henrius Syracuse, New York, United States #842441

I 100% agree. Other dentist charge for work they actually did.

Aspen charges every single thing they can get away with. If the dentist took out 3 teeth but only desires to charge for only 2 extractons, the office managers still adds the 3rd tooth to the bill.