3517 Clemson Blvd, Anderson, SC 29621
1.3

One of my teeth broke and I looked on line for affordable dentists in Anderson South Carolina. Aspen dental somehow came up at the top of the list.

I was able to get an appointment almost immediately. After getting passed around between four different staff members and having some x-rays and check up I ended up in a room with the "closer". I was handed a list of procedures that totaled over $10,000.00. And was told that this did not include additional root canal fees.

Then I was asked to sign my name 5 times on one paper that did not have much on it but signature lines? My mother and I were then convinced that an initial periodontal treatment would cost $1,400.00 even though this procedure is clearly listed on their website " You can generally expect to pay between $133 and $350 per session". Then we were required to PAY UP FRONT! Having been convinced that this was a needed procedure I accepted this.

This expensive procedure amounted to about 15 minutes of regular scraping and NO CLEANING!! I was left to nap for a while and then given an electric tooth brush and some other products. After returning home I realized that I had trusted an operation which does not seem to be operating legitimately.

Feel taken and will never return or recommend Aspen Dental. Disappointed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Aspen Dental Pros: Friendly reception.

Aspen Dental Cons: Overpriced, Pay up front policy ridiculous, Should not be listed along with affordable dentists, Multiple signatures required on blank papers.

Comments

That is so funny! You were looking for one crooked corporate flim-flam outfit online, and ended up at another!

Never would it occur to you to seek a competent independent dentist who could really help you. Incidentally, why would you be searching for Affordable Dentures unless you wanted all your teeth ripped out of your skull and cr@ppy dentures put in? Do you have a death wish? You can't have a "check-up" until you have an initial exam.

Since you were there for the first time, you were having an initial exam, NOT a check-up. An initial exam is quite a bit more involved. If it has been years, since your last cleaning, you needs a SCALING AND ROOT PLANING and not a polish prophy. It does not do any good to polish the teeth when there is loads of tartar under the gums.

Of course the treatment plan was a scam. Of course they try to get all your money up front. The owners are Wall Street private equity crooks, not dentists.

What kind of treatment do you expect? Geez, wise up and go to a dentist you can trust.

@Anonymous

Learned the hard way on that one. Good advice and thank you.