Aspen Dental - Doctor refused to correct defective crowns
Good afternoon, my name is Oxana Donahoe. I want to share the horrible experience about clinic visit Aspen Dental to the address: 1401 North Veterans Parkway, Bloomington, IL 61704. We with the husband made six crowns in this clinic, three crowns were made by my husband and three crowns were made by me.
After the first!! Installations of my three crowns, I noticed that on one of them during a touch tongue, I feel a sharp edge on a back wall of a crown and an interval between a crown and the ground-off tooth. In couple of days I arrived to office of clinic and told about it to the attending physician Dr. Elaine M. Dossett.
The doctor checked the tooth and told that will remake a crown. At a touch of the metal tool the big gap was felt at once, and my ground-off tooth was very sensitive. Without anesthetic. They then created a new temporary crown, and scheduled the next visit.
In the following visit, during installation of the new permanent crown (i.e. for the second time), I felt the same gap between a new crown and my tooth about what I reported to the doctor. The doctor began to assure me that everything is all right, and has to be, it is simply unusual form of a crown. I believed the doctor about possibility of an unusual form, and agreed to put on cement. On the same day, having stayed some time of the house, I understood that I have again the same problem, tongue began to feel a gap between a crown and the ground-off tooth, this gap didn't disappear and when eating, the food is being caught between a crown and tooth. On the same day we went to office of clinic and told about the same problem. The doctor told that I intentionally do something with crowns as for the first time, and in the second, and blamed me for the issue. After such answer I still had very unpleasant impression about visit. According to the doctor: I intended to do something with crowns and cause such problem. Which is a down right LIE. We paid and we just wanted to get the service we paid for. Despite everything, the doctor checked tooth and made sure of gap was present, and also agreed to remake the crown for the third time and appointed the next visit!! While at the house with my husband made a photo of my crowns from the inside of teeth using a high definition camera Nikon 3200, to see a problem which I constantly feel We did this so I could help explain what I was experiencing as I do not speak good English. When reviewing the images we noticed that there was one more gap with one of the other crowns they installed. The Same issue. And the dentist said that everything looked good.
We took the images printed on photo paper to the next appointment, the husband showed photos that the doctor so she could see my problem on back walls of crowns, and I told her that it is necessary to remake two crowns as on both there are gaps. The doctor having seen a picture I told us that after clients start taking the picture as proof of nonprofessional work … … … … … … … … … .и she doesn't wish to deal with us more. (In a rude yelling voice) additionally stopped working with us and told us to leave the practice.
After that we still talked to the administrator for that clinic and we asked for the clinic to provide us other expert and remake these two crowns. We told them that we don't agree with such unprofessionalism. We explained that we would now have to find a new dentist and have them fix the crowns. And we don’t know when the money will be refunded to us. The secretary answered that they will return money to insurance company and will send the check to us on mail, but according to her, it will take months. I asked: how many money is required on correction of your mistakes in other clinic, on what answered me, we don't know. T.E actually to me was cut by three teeth under crowns, and established three crowns one of which is established successfully, and others two with gaps between crowns and the ground-off teeth. These gaps cause caries (cavities) further because when eating, the food there is pushed under the crown.
The issues here now are finding a dentist to will agree to remake these crowns, how long it will take, and we will have to pay a second time for the money that we have already paid aspen dental to get these crowns in the first place.
What is even worse is that while we were in the office talking calmly with the administrator, the female dentist called the police on us. On Paying Clients. We paid them $6,509.00 for services and yet we got this kind of treatment and we got extremely poor results. Poor service. Ridiculed, and the police called on us.
We had conversations with the corporate offices of this clinic, trying to discuss with them options of getting what we paid for. All attempts at working with Aspen Dental have failed. As evidence to this. We have the HD close up images of these damaged crown installations and copies of all bills, payments and documentation.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Defective Crown
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
You May Also Like
- "I had to keep going back as the dentures never fit. I finally gave up and just used cushion grip until the dentures broke. They told me my warranty doesn't..."
- "On Monday this week I book an appointment for a toothache, I get x Rays, and see a doctor and purposely check no dental insurance, I have dental coverage, estimate..."
- "I went to Affordable dentures about 1 and half years ago, and had them make me an upper denture, when the teeth were pulled two months later the denture did..."
- "Ordered hair form Guangzhou Modern show Hair Products Co.,Ltd company off Aliexpress.com, This company sold me Malaysian Virgin Hair Curly 16,18,20,22. The hair was fine for a weekend then it..."
- " On September 6 2015, we accepted the bids from a uShIP sponsored business owned by a Kevin Harris of Harris Moving&Hauling (Youcallwehaulallthetime(7))phone #513-289-5225. The..."
- "I had a situation come up where I had to go home for a month to take care of my dad after a heart attack. Linda (Bianconi, I believe her..."
- "Hello my name is Pamela Kyriakides, our mortgage company made everything so easy and fast i could not believe it. Not one glich or hiccup. Just..."
- "Direct tv tech attached my satellite brackets on my roof with NAILS. I was selling my home located at 6828 Valley Lane in Leeds, Al. and the home inspector found..."
- "Vizio, 18 mos. and $1700.00. 70 inch and the screen lost the picture and kept the voice. I called vizio and went through there test and it was still no..."