Dunnellon, Florida
6.8K views 21 comments

Even though my husband is please with his LOWER dentures, we were totally suckered into paying over $6,000 for them.Because he really needed them, we were enticed into financing $2,500 after a down-payment of over $400.

Because of his physical and mental state at the time, he didn't read all of the fine print. We have been paying $100 or more a month for last couple of years. We still owe as of today, $1,746.00 because he did not see the part about being charged the TOTAL interest (not just what we owed) because the entire amount had not been paid off. They did two times since we started.

One time they added over $600 in interest and this time it was over $700. He was also talked into getting an up-grade for a price of over $600. Then, you think you have an account that you can use any time - WRONG.

In order to use the financing, your visit has to be $200 or more.His bottom dentures are nice but NOT worth the price.

Review about: Dentures.

I didn't like: Not explaining fully disclosing rules of financing.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Financing/interest charged / $1300
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Aspen Dental?

Submit review

Comments

ClydeDDS
Dallas, Texas, United States #1320446

Big surprise! Greedy private equity investors illegally own a chain of dental clinics headed by a crook who recruits crooked managers and employs a crooked shyster finance company. Moral of the story: patronize honest independent dentists who own their practices and you won't have these problems.

Paul

I certainly hope you contacted the State Attorney General to lodge a complaint to have the matter looked into.Also I would contact your state Consumer Affairs Office.

I would also strongly recommend you file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

I'm not a lawyer of course but I know what I would do as a consumer.Hope this helps !

Elaine Large

I also had the same experience with Dental First...But Aspen Dental messed me over.

I had terrible service on my teeth.. The dentist they had were terrible. I stuck to the one that I was better. I just had so many bad experiences...

Dentist gone for weeks at a time had to wait for the one I picked to get back. This started in 2015 and I'm still trying to get my dentures fixed to fit my mouth... So I wasn't given the right quote for my dentures and fillings and crowns.. so half way through instead of $2600 it ended up being $4000 financed thru Dental first...

after my last bill in Dec. 2016 I had over $800 in interest.

so I went to a credit card with no interest for 18 months.I feel both companies is a complete rip off....

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #1269467

I'm having a similar experience and am planning on filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau because AspenDental told me I would be financed for 18 months for $1600.I made a mental note to pay $100/month because I WAS TOLD the financiers WANTED me to be late to get interest.

This is BS and I am angry.

I got a voicemail about owing $80+dollars to bring my account up-to-date; meanwhile I have been paying what should have been higher than required payments.THIS IS NOT OVER.

Pooler, Georgia, United States #1266842

It was made clear to me that if not paid in full in the interest free period I would be backcharged for interest on the full amount.And when I logged in it would show me exactly how much I owed,when it was to be paid by,and the interest that would be tacked on if not paid in full by that date.

lucky me lol

I ran in to the same problem with aspen dental.i had to have some lower teeth pulled and a bottom denture made.

they soaked me $1800.00. i had been paying $100.00 a month and had the balance down to around $1400.00 when all of a sudden i get a bill for over $2100.00. they charged me over $600.00 in interest. i tried to fight with them to no avail.

said i did not read the fine print. i called the banking commision and was told they could do that and there is no limit on the precentage of interest they are allowed to charge. there should be. i asked to have my payment due date changed and said they could not do that.

i am on ss and get my check on the third of the month and they want payment on the 1st and if they don't get it they charge $35.00 in late fees.what a bunch of crooks and nothing can be done about them.

Nicole00
to lucky me lol Thetford-Mines, Quebec, Canada #1266854

Ça vous coûterais moins cher pour voir un avocat....

Jeremy
Reynoldsburg, Ohio, United States #1225812

Just wait until teeth start coming out of the cr@ppy "Comfylyte" denture and see how happy your husband is then.

A$pen is a good place to get substandard dentures at a premium price.

anonymous
to Jeremy #1235818

so right you are

anonymous lol
to anonymous #1235821

i am sorry i ever went to them.