18.7K views

Even though my husband is please with his LOWER dentures, we were totally suckered into paying over $6,000 for them. Because he really needed them, we were enticed into financing $2,500 after a down-payment of over $400.

Because of his physical and mental state at the time, he didn't read all of the fine print. We have been paying $100 or more a month for last couple of years. We still owe as of today, $1,746.00 because he did not see the part about being charged the TOTAL interest (not just what we owed) because the entire amount had not been paid off. They did two times since we started.

One time they added over $600 in interest and this time it was over $700. He was also talked into getting an up-grade for a price of over $600. Then, you think you have an account that you can use any time - WRONG.

In order to use the financing, your visit has to be $200 or more. His bottom dentures are nice but NOT worth the price.

This reviewer shared experience about "financing/interest charged" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $1300. The author is overall dissatisfied with Aspen Dental. The most disappointing about dentures from Aspen Dental was not explaining fully disclosing rules of financing Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Aspen Dental.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers category for more informed decision or compare Aspen Dental to other companies on our site.

Comments

I know the feeling after all this commotion on higher financing they trying to make money by ripping ppl off by using free xray so please read fine prints before signing anything.But sometimes its a life threatening to anyone health who have dental infection for many years got to get all pulled out so health can heal up and enjoy life with grandkids and family.So pick a lower payment with longer months.But do a budget before deciding

I also used the dental first from ASPEN dentalthey told me I would not have interest on my account as long as i paid it by the due date. I also think that they screwed up my teeth before i went to them i had no problems with my teeth. After I got my cavities filled i have to floss between my one set of teeth or i am I ALOT of pain until I do.

to Anonymous #1503383

I had the same experience. I had my $2400 bill down to under $300...never missed a payment.

After the hurricane things were a little tight, but I made the on time payment...they tacked on $700 worth of interest. The way it was explained to me was that I would have to pay interest on the remaining balance.

Nope...the charges the entire thing. Bad business...bad company.

Yeah They can do whatever they want to do to make that money to make a living.But what they dont know is your budget that they don’t care.Sometimes you have to tell them you can’t afford it that high or tell them you’re on a fixed income.Don’t go to dawsonville aspen dental they are so pushy and demanded and tricky.But if life threatening that your teeth and gum are so full of infections ,be thankful that dentist saved your life.My aspen dentist choudhury in *** did mine and i am thankful I’m alive.

Agreed You end up paying the original price 4times over

I changed my mind and had NO work done and they want me to pay instrest on money I NEVER used , not one cent

Please don't go to Aspen . They are scammers.

They charged me for an appointment I never went to and I had the finance place calling me for payments. Aspen got paid for work they never did and expected me to just pay it .

Yes I agree with you I'm being sued to this very day and I'm gonna fight like *** I was inticed just like you and I haven't received any dentures top. Or bottom at all so way should I pay and my gums still sore and can't some time chew ,talk,or eat I have no smile cause I got no teeth Aspen dental has disfigured my face I feel I should be able to sue them.

Well, dont get all pissed off and blame them. If you dont want it, dont get it!

Simple as that, and its not like they hid it from you or blacked out that part! Regardless, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR READING THOSE PRINTS, WORD FOR WORD! You also are responsible for asking questions, for making sure you understand what kind of contract, committment you are getting yourself into, whether or not they mention EVERYTHING TO YOU OR ONLY IN SHORT BRIEF TERMS. You are given the forms, asked to read through the terms and conditions and then only sign if you agree!

WHEN YOU SIGN IT, IT BASICALLY MEANS YOU AGREED TO THE TERMS AND HAVE READ IT! You werent FORCED OR LIED TO and no one held a gun to your head!

to Anonymous #1465187

It's nice to know that I finally met somebody that claims to be perfect! I guess I might be in the same predicament as the gentleman above.

Here I was at the Sandusky, Oh office and had an exam. I mentioned that I thought I needed a upper plate. So that's what was planned. There's already a story about them here on this site.

So any way I guess the dentist agreed and then all of a sudden financing papers were shown to me. Also, and prices flashed at me. Then somebody wanted to see my bottom teeth so a match could be made, whether or not I choose to get them replaced in the future. So a price was shown to me, which is nothing I can afford/ Then I was shown these papers for a loan.

I knew I couldn't get it for myself, but my Mom was there and she co-signed and I was able to get it. Now after the results I had gotten with them, I am sure sorry I asked her to do that for me. Because of that I feel like I have to pay for a bad experience that resulted in a badly fitted dentures. Now I see that I might have to pay more for them any way and they certainly are not worth it.

No Anonymous, I didn't see the material about the interest involved. At that price I thought for sure that was the total amount!

to Anonymous #1486727

How about identifying yourself rather than just Anonymous?

I was also told tooth extractions cost a 100 something a tooth and here I find they charged me surgical procedures on some of them for 600 each and used up all my money that I finance already and I still need more dental work. 46 extractions they all took the same amount of time enough for 2 remove sound like an excuse to over charge to me.

Better paying out of pocket for dental procedures than going through these people you pay a $70 a month payment only end up paying $35 towards the loanwith all the interests that you get charged.

If you're a little late they harass you 6-7 times A-day from an unknown phone number. Then they fail to see that the payments already scheduled on line ahead of time and they still harass you.

I was talked into a $2500 bill, where I said I was not going to except all of the work they wanted. I wanted my root canal and that’s it.

They charged me for everything anyways. They adjusted it partially, but still left $1700!?!? Now dental first is demanding money for Work I never had done. I never even let them finish my root canal because they pulled an infected tooth, resulting in infection spreading through my mouth.

Never gave me antibiotics. I ended up in the hospital due to the infection, and you know they didn’t take responsibility for that either!!

I agree with the "pissed customer". I was talked into a $4,800 bill and now see dentures advertised as low as $400.Now, I am locked in this loan which I have paid down to about $2,400.

I have often thought of pursuing legal helpwith this overcharge.Maybe if some of us got together, we could bring this to usury proportions.Oh yes, I only have uppers and not a complete set. $4,800 is inflated for just the one denture.

to D.Shiffer #1457320

Did you ever get your account settled? I am currently attempting to settle mine but Dental First either does not have competent employees or they all work together on the scam to make more money.

I’ve talked to supervisors that say they will call me back and I’m still waiting. I’m losing patience and am about to file a report with the BBB and contact an attorney, I’m interested in having others with the same issue join in.

This Coventry bank are chatter and looser they charged interest more than what I owe for 15 days

I’m not sure which branch your husband went to, I am in Port St. Lucie Florida, I have the same set up as your husband in being you have 18 months to pay the entire balance off, interest free.

That being said if the balance is not paid off in that time frame they charge interest, it’s deffered interest. I went, I’m 26 years old they explained the 18 month plan to me and came up with an amount I’d have to pay each month to get it paid a month BEFORE the 18th month so no interest would be added on.

Whether your husband didn’t read the fine print or didn’t entirely understand what the representative at aspen was telling him this is an option they give everyone and from people I’ve spoke to it’s very popular. At this point whatever amount of time you have remaining make sure you get the ENTIRE balance taken care of so they won’t add more interest.

You do realize that Aspen dental is just a franchise name, each office is indenpendently owned and operated. I used them for a couple crowns and used dental first to finanace, they gave me several options and optioned to spread them out to capitalize on my insurance.

They clearly said what I would have to pay to not get the accured interest by certain date. And on the bill it clearly states what I will pay if I only pay the minimum and if I pay a little more and states the remaining balance that will need to be paid by this date.

If the original poster did not like the price, should have got a second opinion, and then with the dental first the poster agreed to pay the agreed amount but did not pay the amount needed to pay the accurred interest, their fault not Aspen dental or dental first

to Andrew #1432734

The company line to state regulators is they are "independently owned." That is a bold-faced lie. The money collected at each A$pen office goes into a central A$pen Dental corporate bank account.

The supposed "owner" dentists own nothing but a shell corporation to hoodwink state boards of dentistry.

The shell corporation owns NOTHING of value you see in the office. A$pen and others like it are a scam from the get-go!

to Seasoned Dentist #1435522

Aspen dental is a franchise, so yeah every branch which is indenpendently owned pays a franchise fee back to the corpate office in order to use the name. Just like any other national franchise chain.