Aspen Dental - DO NOT FINANCE through Dental First/Comenity Capital Bank

387 of 2064 Aspen Dental reviews

Even though my husband is please with his LOWER dentures, we were totally suckered into paying over $6,000 for them.Because he really needed them, we were enticed into financing $2,500 after a down-payment of over $400.

Because of his physical and mental state at the time, he didn't read all of the fine print. We have been paying $100 or more a month for last couple of years. We still owe as of today, $1,746.00 because he did not see the part about being charged the TOTAL interest (not just what we owed) because the entire amount had not been paid off. They did two times since we started.

One time they added over $600 in interest and this time it was over $700. He was also talked into getting an up-grade for a price of over $600. Then, you think you have an account that you can use any time - WRONG.

In order to use the financing, your visit has to be $200 or more.His bottom dentures are nice but NOT worth the price.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Not explaining fully disclosing rules of financing

Reason of review:
Financing/interest charged
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Dentures
Review category
Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
review #825969

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Aspen Dental? Submit review ›
Helpful? 7 Yes 7 3 No 3
Had the same issue 9 Yes 9
387 of 2064 Aspen Dental reviews
Elaine Large

Feb 17 #1289977

I also had the same experience with Dental First... But Aspen Dental messed me over. I had terrible service on my teeth.. The dentist they had were terrible. I stuck to the one that I was better. I just had so many bad experiences... Dentist gone for weeks at a time had to wait for the one I picked to get back. This started in 2015 and I'm still trying to get my dentures fixed to fit my mouth... So I wasn't given the right quote for my dentures and fillings and crowns.. so half way through instead of $2600 it ended up being $4000 financed thru Dental first... after my last bill in Dec. 2016 I had over $800 in interest. so I went to a credit card with no interest for 18 months. I feel both companies is a complete rip off....

Jan 11 #1269467 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm having a similar experience and am planning on filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau because AspenDental told me I would be financed for 18 months for $1600. I made a mental note to pay $100/month because I WAS TOLD the financiers WANTED me to be late to get interest. This is BS and I am angry. I got a voicemail about owing $80+dollars to bring my account up-to-date; meanwhile I have been paying what should have been higher than required payments. THIS IS NOT OVER.

Jan 06 #1266842 Pooler, Georgia, United States

It was made clear to me that if not paid in full in the interest free period I would be backcharged for interest on the full amount.And when I logged in it would show me exactly how much I owed,when it was to be paid by,and the interest that would be tacked on if not paid in full by that date.

lucky me lol

Nov 03, 2016 #1235813

I ran in to the same problem with aspen dental. i had to have some lower teeth pulled and a bottom denture made. they soaked me $1800.00. i had been paying $100.00 a month and had the balance down to around $1400.00 when all of a sudden i get a bill for over $2100.00. they charged me over $600.00 in interest. i tried to fight with them to no avail. said i did not read the fine print. i called the banking commision and was told they could do that and there is no limit on the precentage of interest they are allowed to charge. there should be. i asked to have my payment due date changed and said they could not do that. i am on ss and get my check on the third of the month and they want payment on the 1st and if they don't get it they charge $35.00 in late fees. what a bunch of crooks and nothing can be done about them.

Jeremy

Oct 12, 2016 #1225812 Reynoldsburg, Ohio, United States

Just wait until teeth start coming out of the cr@ppy "Comfylyte" denture and see how happy your husband is then.
A$pen is a good place to get substandard dentures at a premium price.

anonymous

Nov 03, 2016 #1235818

so right you are

anonymous lol

Nov 03, 2016 #1235821

i am sorry i ever went to them.

Elaine Large

Feb 17 #1289978

MAYBE IN YOUR AREA.... BUT NOT HERE

Sep 07, 2016 #1209338 Taunton, Massachusetts, United States

Comenity Bank/Dental First Financong is awful. Customer service was rude at best. They change the amount of your payments every month and charge you interest without telling you until the month it actually changes. Also they do nothing to help you with finance charges or late fees. Not that they have to but when you've never missed a payment and they charged you because you didn't change the amount of your autopayment they should at least pretend to consider it or politely apologize not make you feel like an ***.
They don't explain to you at the dentist's office how the rates, repayments or apr works.

Aug 13, 2016 #1198653 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

My husband had over $3000 in work done and we did the 18 months free financing with Dental first. I made payments by mail on the bill for 17 months. On the 18th month my check got "lost in the mail" and wasn't processed. They charged me a late fee of $27. I called one day before our promotional plan expired to try to make a payment and the lady told me I would have to pay $9 to expidite my payment. I just find it coincidental that my very last payment my check didn't make it to them and they would have conveniently made $700 on accused interest if I didn't make that payment. I think this is a total scam! That check for mailed out with all my other bills, they all made it to where they were going. 17 months that check made it to them, this time it didn't.

Jul 01, 2016 #1180096 Beaverton, Oregon, United States

Absolutely a scam. They pulled the same *** with me and worse. I paid more than the minimum every month and then on the 18th month I called to pay the balance in full and was told that the clock started ticking long before I had even had work done. They also said I owed an additional $35 dollars a month in late fees because my payment had to post during the 1st day of the month or it was late. all this after getting a paper statement saying my 1st payment was due in may. Shame on me for thinking the 18 months started when My 1st payment was due. this would have put my end date months after I called to pay off the balance. They even stated on the phone the other day that they could certainly see how I would think that but it is what it is and oh well. I have never not paid my bills on time in 40 years. These people are crooks. Do not use them!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 29, 2016 #1179190

I agree do not use dental first financing big rip off

Jun 16, 2016 #1173923

How can you complain about the financing when you've attested that you and your husband did not read the fine print? That's like going to purchase a used car and getting stuck with a 26% APR, then blaming the finance company because you didn't take time to read the contract.
The financing was offered to you and your husband, which I'm assuming you took because you couldn't afford to pay-in-full at the time and now that the bank is asking you to pay interest on the money that they loaned you, they're the bad guys? You should've either (1) not had the procedure done, (2) paid for the procedure in full or (3) read the fine print so you know what you were signing.
If all of the information was disclosed in the paperwork and you failed to read it, it's your problem. If it wasn't disclosed, which I highly doubt is the case, then you obviously could seek legal action. Considering you're online complaining about it, I'm guessing it's not the latter.

4 6 Reply

Sep 01, 2016 #1206984 Derry, New Hampshire, United States

It is very confusing the way they do it though,especially for the elderly. The key phrase being "accrued interest". I am pretty savvy and I wasn't 100% sure and got the answer after much prodding. i paid balance off in 9 months,and verified it just to make sure there was no bs. Paypal does the same thing,but usually with 6 months and a much lower rate

Nov 03, 2016 #1235823

i guess i am *** as i thought that after 18 months they would start charging me interest. that was my understanding.

comenity ripoff

Oct 16, 2016 #1227601 Wellsville, Kansas, United States

You must work for Comenity Bank because you sound just like those jerks with no compassion for anyone!

Apr 08, 2016 #1141441

Aspen dental isn't a dental office it is a marketing sham to get people into high interest credit card loans. Worst place to go for treatment.

11 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.