Dunnellon, Florida
30.5K views

Even though my husband is please with his LOWER dentures, we were totally suckered into paying over $6,000 for them. Because he really needed them, we were enticed into financing $2,500 after a down-payment of over $400.

Because of his physical and mental state at the time, he didn't read all of the fine print. We have been paying $100 or more a month for last couple of years. We still owe as of today, $1,746.00 because he did not see the part about being charged the TOTAL interest (not just what we owed) because the entire amount had not been paid off. They did two times since we started.

One time they added over $600 in interest and this time it was over $700. He was also talked into getting an up-grade for a price of over $600. Then, you think you have an account that you can use any time - WRONG.

In order to use the financing, your visit has to be $200 or more. His bottom dentures are nice but NOT worth the price.

Reason of review: Financing/interest charged.

Aspen Dental Cons: Not explaining fully disclosing rules of financing.

Comments

My husband needed dental work that they totaled at $4000 so we agreed to financing but only for the procedures as they were done. Turns out that's not how Aspen Dental rolls.

They charged for the procedure, plus the next one they wanted to schedule him for. When we disputed this and they dragged their feet, Comenity contacted me about being in default and that the total balance we owed was due. Several months and a completed payment plan later, I get a statement that I still owe $150 with $67 in fees.

DO NOT USE ASPEN DENTAL OR COMENITY CAPITAL BANK!!! They just want to con you out of your money and treat you like an idiot.

Dental first are loan sharks. They have distroyed my credit from 720 to now at 400.

Im not payingbthem any more money. They can sebd my account to a third party collections. This will at least stop the interest from accumulations and the collections calls.

They call me 8 times a day even when i was in the middle of hurrican dorian. I would not recommend this finance companynto anyone.

They put on your statement on the first page IN RED I might add, that if you don’t pay it off by the agreed time then you’ll have to pay finance charges from original purchase. This info is on EVERY.

Single statement every month. Maybe just pay attention next time hun.

That’s how all financing works. Don’t blame the company for not reading every statement that comes in the mail.

@Anonymous

Maybe capitalists shouldn't *** exisit?

The promotional interest rate is a scam! If I have no interest for 14 or what months why am I being charged so much every damn month when it’s only been 3 months?!?!?

I will never get a dental loan from them again. I went online thinking I made a payment and it had not gone through then I get non stop calls that say unavailable so I did not realize it was Dental first financing because they did not even bother to leave me a message. I can't wait to pay my loan off and be rid of them.

NonsensicalCoral541

You Know what?? They did the same EXACT thing to my Husband!!

they Are Illegal!! the told us he upgraded and did not! but dental first still charged him the upgraded now he got both sets/ 8500.00!!!!!!! CRAZY!!!

Nice But no where worth it!!

I think ASPEN DENTAL Along with DENTAL FIRST NEEDS to be INVESTIGATED!!!! They are a crooked as the day is Long!!!!

I did it destroyed my credit,

HeavenlyGiantClam138

Dental first financing is a complete scam!!! DO NOT USE!!!!!

I paid down my account to the last $197 EARLY and was charged $800 in interest just days before my final payment!

Now owe $1000 all over again. I do not recommend at all!!!!

I called to make a settlement of 1,600.00 they said the bill is 2,700.00 all I could come up with is what I got and it was not excepted

I disagree with most of the negative comments about Aspen dental and their financing. My experience has been different than most maybe because I read everything that was asked to sign.

I fully understood what I was getting myself into when I financed what my insurance didnt cover. I fully understood the terms and what I was expected to pay back. I was told up front how much it would cost and what I was expected to pay in monthly payments. They give you a full year without intrest to pay back what you have financed.

Its on your monthly statement if you dont pay back before the year date you will pay all the accrued intrest and your intrest starts accumulating every month. All you had to do is read and ask questions.

That's all I did. I've payed back in full what I financed with no intrest charges.

@Anonymous

We had a dispute about what was charged, because it wasn't what we agreed to, and they said they would suspend the account until it was resolved. Nope.

They proceeded to call about a dozen times the next week demanding payment while Aspen would either transfer to voicemail or the person we needed to speak with was unavailable. Total runaround & treated like crap.

Glad you had a good experience but not everyone has. You might not agree they're terrible but don't tell someone they're wrong for having a bad experience.

This is so true! And Aspen is a joke!!

Oh! YEAH!

They make it sound good till you give your personal information and then nailed you with highest prices so they can go on vacations...And they will pulled out all teeth right there in their office but not in hospital...Whether you have health issues...They will mess up your payment plans so you will have bad credit and do hardship...And your credit score will be ugly.. Better have a lawyer as backup cause they hired wannbe dentist or lab person thats going to mess it up..I saw this lady in *** they really mess up her dentures bad..I decided not use aspen dental in *** ga...They gave theirselve a bad name...I was there when that girl told her she didnt have to pay last year i think it was in june and it was wrong to tell it..I wonder if that poor old ladyy who couldnt eat but drink her foods still around...

Aspen dental is very high on their payment and very tricky too.The one in *** georgia this lady messed me up on my psyment saying i didnt have to pay in june now I got behind on account of her now I have to do hardship thanks to her...Thats not all comenity is dental first financial closed my account down and wrote as charged off..And ruining my credit score a big time... but I am doing hardship and still paying them...Shouldn't I get a big lawyer on those 2 big companies????

I agree, I went in for a couple of fillings, was talked into scaling treatment, booked and paid for my scaling and follow up appointments for the fillings. After a 3 month period they were unable to see me for my follow up appointments, twice I turned up and was advised the dentist is sick, the dentist is dealing with an emergency, despite numerous calls into their office manager, I didn’t receive a single callback and when I turned up in person she was conveniently with a customer. I never got the treatment I wanted just a $1.5k bill for work I never wanted in the first place and a lot of wasted time and money.

@Anonymous

I took my spouse in for dental work and they fitted him with a upper denture that causes him blisters and we're being told there is nothing they can do. That that is final product.

#1671979

This happened to me. The finance person at Aspen said if I pay at least my minimum each then I'll never have to pay interest.

BIG LIE.

Dental First said 'I dont know why she would have said that'. Aspen's response was along the lines of 'I don't know why she would have said that/you signed it despite the microscopic terms on the paper".

FlatMongrel

I disagree with these posts. They told me upfront about the financing.

Even told me they do a pre-qualify before actually submitting it. I also got the 6 months interest free. I have several credit cards with Comenity Bank and Comenity Capital Bank. I've never had any issues with them.

I do however pay on or before the due date.....I'm glad I was offered it. Even got approved for more than 2 times the amount I needed. I have no complaints about the Aspen Dental here in my hometown. They helped me and worked me in when I needed it.

I had a dental implant crown come off the screw.

Luckily I didn't swallow it and it snapped back in to place til I called and got an appointment with Aspen that Monday. They were the only one around that worked me in same day I called.