2.6
Additional Fees

In July of 2016 I made the tough decision to have most of my teeth removed and replaced with a denture. Aspen Dental's commercials tout fast friendly service at very affordable prices.

The office in Tyler, Texas is near my home so I chose them. At the time, I contracted with them, I paid nearly $3000.00 for the agreed upon work. When I left I thought I had fulfilled all of my financial obligations. Imagine my disgust when I returned today to have my permanent denture and was told there would be more charges.

I was never told about this and more than one employee admitted that they do not tell patients about this at the time of initial contract. Had I known, I may have chosen to put this off or look into other options that may have been a better value for me. As it is, I am stuck with $3000.00 worth of temporary denture which is in all honesty not that functional or comfortable.

On the upside, the employees do try too be as helpful as possible given the rules of Aspen's business model. If you choose to use them, please be aware that it requires many trips and a lot more money than you think.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dentures.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

I just payed 3600.00 for beautiful full dentures made by a private practice dentist. 4 visits total, did not even need adjustments to the final product.

Seasoned dentist is right, it was cheaper and less visits. I know because I started with Aspen and I had about 10 visits just for the temporary, was worried about the permanent.

I did get a refund. You might want to do the same if possible.

to Anonymous #1416572

Fewer visits, not less visits.

to Anonymous #1416692

Stick to dentistry...yes, LESS VISITS!

And in all honest, with all the hidden charges, you could have gone to a reputable dentist in private practice and had a good job done.

Just wait until that junk temporary denture cracks in half. Don't dare let A$pen do one of the infamous flexible dentures. Teeth fall out of these stupid things fairly easily.

A rule to remember: Any health professional who has to advertise on TV is likely a crook.