State: District Of Columbia City: Washington Clear all filters (26 of 4002 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Aspen dental

They charged me to pull roots that I didn't even have. There prices are outrageous and my $2,400 dentures don't fit right. I had a pain while extracting of teeth.The dentist was from India and was not very professional. I had appointment at 6pm left work early to makethe appointment got there at 5:30 they took me @ 6:30pm this was for my denture fitting the tech didn'twant to stay after 7 and wanted meto come back the next day after 1pm too pick up my dentures I said I'm not leaving without teeth. and they are the worst. I hate them take them out anytime I can. please do not go to aspen dental. :(

Aspen Dental in Washington, District Of Columbia - Garbage

I went to Aspen Dental yesterday evening. My appointment was at 5:30pm and I didn't get out of there until 7:15 or so. I thought that after taking numerous x-rays and checking the depth of my gum pockets that I would get a cleaning but no. I too was ushered into the business manager's office where they tried to sell me various supplies and services. I said no and left. I'm going back to my dentist as he doesn't push product on me. He may be farther away from my home but it's worth the drive.

I went to Aspen Dental yesterday, waited 1 hour and 45 minutes.Was treated very rudely by the dentist. had at least 3 appoinments cancelled.

I paid $3000.00 cash for new dentures that the lower was actually cutting my gums.

And it took me exactly 6 weeks to see the dentist who fitted me for these dentures, for an adjustment. So sorry I chose this office.

markie.

Aspen Dental

So I go to aspen dental becouse my upper plate was broken ( held togeather with super glue ) one month later I still do not have my teeth... went in 3 weeks ago and yep they lost my teeth that did not fit and then didnt even bother to call me. I show up today for my appointment and they say " oh we didnt know you had an appointment today " and nope my teeth still not done could take up to 2 more weeks. mean while my first payment is due now . I will never go there again or tell anyone to go there

I HAVE ONLY GONE ONCE AND FELT DISGUSTED WHEN I SEE ONE OF THE DENTISTS OUT BACK OF THE OFFICE,SMOKING CIGERETTES WITH EMPLOYEES. I FEEL AS A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL,SET AN EXAMPLE OF HEALTHY!

$2000

Aspen Dental in Washington, District Of Columbia - ***! ***! ***!

i went to aspen dental in saginaw michigan. i was 10 years over-do on replacing my old dentures. the lady doctor did nothing but *** and belittle me during the whole exam time.i didn't go there to hear that or get lectured..i left. some time went by ,and i was reconsidering giving them another chance until i got on their website and read all the complaints. after reading most of the complaints , i saw the light and am glad i didn't return.i will be seeing a regular dentist now, and not a chain office..
Review

Aspen dental took my mothers smile

told her she needed all her teeth pulled. Gave her teeth that were to big for her mouth every time she said she couldn't eat with them was told you have to get use to them. These are just temperay teeth till yours come in it took 6 months. When she did get the other ones they still looked like horse teeth and she can not eat with them. I said teeth looked like *** the dentist said she didn't like what i said I was only speaking the truth. She then said She is the Dentist. What dose that have to do with the teeth not being right she was very unprofessinal.
#420609

they are total rip offs

i have *** false teeth from there

dentists words are they are fake take them out to eat

donot forget they broke the bone in my mouth and jaw pain

dentist says it take 6 months for pain go away

#419359

I don't doubt what you are saying,I too have shotty dentures from there, botttoms are way off scale, they are a factory type dentist place, i wish i would have known that before i went there. Sorry to hear another person got took by these crooks. God Bless, take care.

AVOID ASPEN DENTAL

I have never gone to ASPEN DENTAL however someone I know works for the company. I have heard many stories of excessive treatment plans pushed on patients all for the bottom line. Also seems to be constant turn over of medical personnel. Clearly there is a problem at the company when there is so much employee turnover. I have heard of many issues which result in patients receiving an incompetent level of dental care. I would certainly advise not just getting a second opinion as others have recommended but just skipping Aspen Dental altogether. You will be ahead of the game if you choose another dental provider.
Review

Aspen Dental is after your money

Went to Aspen Dental in Port Charlotte, Fl. All I wanted was a crown for a molar and a root canal if needed. They were only concerned with their little program of exams and not my concern with my tooth. They were ready to yank out half my teeth if I would let them fix me up with dentures, they talked about bone loss while most of my teeth are solid as a rock. And don't worry you will probably have terrible gum disease even though your gums never bleed. They are out for the almighty dollar. They even have a closer guy who sees you at the end of the visit like a when you are buying a car. You will also get a scare about how you need an oral cancer exam. Better watch out!

All dentist are asking the same thing about testing for oral cancer. Better to be safe then sorry!

Yeah man, they should really be shut down and ashamed of themselves for being concerned about screening you for oral CANCER, they are so heartless.

Review

I am VERY scared from Aspen Dental's Shotty Work - HELP!

This is week 4 of which I thought I would have the glamorous road to that wonderful smile. Although, many dollars later and a new dentist, I am so afraid. Since, my trips to Aspen Dental and all of the issues I have with them... my mouth is not getting any better, but worse. I have a numb tongue now and can't taste things like I use to. Went into my new dentist again this past Friday (2nd time in a week)because I have been having such pain in my jaw, ear, headache every morning, pain down my neck and under my jaw. I also have numb lips. Everything I put into my mouth burns, and I can't taste it when it gets in there. I am being referred to a oral surgeon now, which maybe ASPEN should have had me with to begin with. My new dentist said I was "beat up" by those at Aspen. I could feel every drill and pull and push and crush when the dentist tore out my bottom two teeth. I posted before that my new dentist told me he could save my teeth instead of pulling out 12 (oopppps 13 which was charted wrong in my file at Aspen - one day was 12 and the next was 13)with simple fillings and a few crowns... yes other 2 wisdom teeth need to come out and I need repairs to the others, but I can get meds to help me with all of it. I didn't even get antibiotics at Aspen... and that's why I ended up at a new dentist with a 101 temp and sick the next day - my extraction sites were infected... There was a possibility that I had an infection prior to when he pulled my one tooth and still no meds! What a nightmare... I am worried that this numbing and burning in my mouth will never go away. I am so desperate for someone to listen to me! I am so scared. I didn't read any of the reviews or complaints prior to going in... because I figured they were a good bunch since my friend went there (she has switched dentists now as well)! I am so *** for not checking into things better! Now it is too late... I am missing a tooth that I may not have needed pulled, numb, in pain and all I want is my life back. Any suggestions? PLEASE! Constant crying hasn't helped anything... that is all I have been doing and wanting to do.
#351992

Had mouth worked on a year ago. Have had the left side of my tongue numb and unable to chew on the left side for a year.

Have now wrecked teeth on the right side from doing all my chewing over there. Have complained to aspen several times..They just say it will take time.

I have contacted an attorney. AVOID ASPEN DENTAL!!!

Sorry BBB... I don't believe a word you say...

I know what I went through and I really don't care about any other office other than the one I went to... and it was terrible. Not only did they screw up my mouth, but they missed 4 fillings that my friend needed taken care of - and she referred me to the office but after my experience went to another dentist and they found the 4 cavities. My new dentist saved my teeth and has done amazing work for me and saved me a lot of money!

So you will not change my mind - ASPEN stinks!!! They are a rip off and butchers!

Apsen has a AAA rating with the BBB, it is the highest rating that can be awarded. The Youngstown, OH office is currently open and was never closed contrary to an fraudulent report previously posted. The "Former Aspen Dentist" posting here was terminated for sexual harassment, and is currently under investigation by his state dental board, if he contacts you please report him to the authorities.

That is why I am not going back! From what I do hear...

is that most of the Aspen dental offices than not - are scamming people. My friend who is the reason I went there (she thought they were great too) changed dentists after my experience and her new dentist found 4 cavities that Aspen missed... How can you miss 4 cavities? I am sorry everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it is my opinion that I will not go back.

In addition, if I would have known that there are so MANY complaints - more than a few... about Aspen dental I would never have gone - and that WAS my fault for not doing research.

Now I know and lucky I caught their "shotty" work in time or I would be missing 12 teeth for no reason! Thanks for the comments!

It really sucks to hear these bad comments. I have had 4 friends use Aspen (a particular office) and all had great experiences. I went in today to start my trip to dentures. Great experience, the dentists were super friendly, the initial consult was free, not only did one dentist check me another one came over when he heard my situation and the both consulted with me and gave some very flexible options.

The office manager of course tried to sell me at the highest plan, but I did my research like a good patient and know costs and how their tiering system worked. Ended up with 45% of the initial quote with a flexible payment plan for part of it.

All four of the people I know got complete uppers and partial lowers, this office has made all needed adjustments and then some on top of that to keep them satisfied.

It seems so simple with a free or low cost consultation, if you do not like it you do not have to get the services. It seems a lot of complaints on here come from a few specific offices. Maybe those just are not the ones you should go to, just like any other chain for anywhere, service does very greatly no matter how many "Quality and Process Adherence" checks are in place.

Has anyone had any luck suing Aspen Dental? I really think something needs to be done because I am still in pain etc... If anyone know anything about malpractice or lawsuits against them, please let me know.

Thanks.

My boyfriend worked behind the scenes there too. He always wanted to be ethical, but the OM would schedule the most expensive treatments first and then do the smaller things, but you are supposed to get the mouth stable and all the decay out before doing any type of treatment like that.

So if the patient needed a few fillings and a bridge, the bridge would be first because it is the most expensive. The Regional managers tell you that you shouldn't really try to save teeth and just get used to pulling them so the patients have to get dentures or partials (which are all *** there). They will try to sell you their flexible partials because they are the most expensive, but those are the worst. Go for the metal partials if you have to go to aspen and don't let them talk you into anything else.

They do like to hire new dentists out of school and they make you fly to Syracuse for a week and learn "Aspen Dentistry" the way they want it done and not the way it is taught in school. Just think of why they overcharge patients: It's to send these freshly graduated dentists out to NY to brainwash them into thinking everything they learned in school is wrong. They also try to have a get together every year in NY and fly everyone there and put them up in a casino resort for a long weekend. It costs a couple million dollars-courtesy of overcharged patients.

They then cram the schedule with doing 4 fillings an hour (He does ONE filling an hour where he is now), denture repairs and adjustments, a new patient every hour, and hygiene checks.

It's a 'get them in and get them out' type of mentality at an Aspen office. I shouldn't forget 'and get their money!!" I know all the words because I am an assistant' :sigh

Thank you for all of your comments. This has really been a tough road and my insurance company etc...

and I have been in contact about the situation and they are having issues with allowing Aspen to charge me for the work. So we are working together to see what can be done. I had work done today with my new dentist - he said my ability to keep numb wasn't very good so he had to keep numbing the area as soon as I felt something. The dentist at Aspen never did that and kept pulling.

Because of my new dentist I am keeping most of my teeth and he is filling, and putting in crowns. My mouth has hurt for weeks and I was sent to an oral surgeon etc... I am so tired of all of this and I can't wait until it is over. I feel bad for people who work or have worked for Aspen - some really good people work for such a terrible company!

You would think with all of the complaints etc...

there would be further investigations etc... Thank you again!

I have worked behind the scenes at several Aspen Dental offices and can only concur with the above complaints. I kept hearing complaint after complaint from patients I would see since I was only a temp.

dentist. I consider myself very ethical and a competent dentist. I felt so bad for the patients who were overcharged for inferior materials--re: dentures. They can't seem to keep stable dentists and they redo cases over and over again.

Seems they hire just out of school dentists and cram the schedule. I worked there to supplement my income only.

I tried my best to appease the customers but it's hard when there isn't much to work with re: labs and other dentists inferior work and treatment plans. :x

I am going through the exact same problem as you with Aspen Dental. They are a horrible company I am contacting a lawyer and am reporting them to the better business bureau.

I have never in my life received such poor service. :sigh

There is only one way they will be shut down, and that is if enough people file a complaint with your state's Board of Dentistry. I feel the same way like no one will listen, Aspen dental blatantly stole 70.00 from me and kept feeding me lip-service saying it was being refunded.

I still have yet to be reimbursed, but I did file a formal complaint.

They target the poor people because they know we can't afford lawyers. It makes me sick.

I just wanted to tell you that I went to them here in Youngstown,Ohio,& they wanted to give me a partial plate for the top,& that alone was gonna cost me something like $2,500. It was,they said,$2,900,but they're gonna give me a $400 discount.haha I knew they were bullsh*&^#@ me,so I never went back.

I decided I'm gonna get top one's,& I'm getting my teeth pulled at Communitity Health & it only cost's $15.00 versus the $125.00 Aspen wanted,& oh,denture's were $2,000 cheaper than a plate. Duh! haha I will admit,they almost had me,but like I said,it didn't feel right,so I didn't go back,& now,the store they had here in Youngstown,is now closed,& they didn't give their employee's any notice.

They just never opened again. It made news here in town,this isn't a rumor.

I would be talking to a lawyer. I'd bet you would probably get a refund,& they'd still be liable for the work performed.

Also,they'd probably have to pay to fix whatever's wrong at no charge,& I'd bet you'd get money for pain & suffering,not to mention your time. Good Luck!!!

You could go to the American Dental Association and fill out a complaint form. If nothing comes of it atleast it's on record.

I'm a new patient at Aspen.

They really want the money. That's what I've noticed.

I'm being over-charged for cleaning and they want me back in 6 weeks versus every 3 mo. :upset

View more comments (14)
Review

Aspen Dental in Washington, District Of Columbia - Always changing the appointment

I have gone to the West Burlington office three times and will not be going back. They have called me four times to change appointment twice they overbooked and once the dentist was in Italy,the other time the dentist didn't show up. When I asked if I was the only one that they keep screwing over the lady said no. I had to laugh at that. I work for a small company if I am not there I have to work weekends or come in early or stay late. That is fine but when you put in the extra time just to have them call 2 hours before the appointment ticks me off. I will be finding a new dentist.

Contact Aspen Dental Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
13, Ocala Ave
All Aspen Dental Contacts

Latest Question

Aspen Dental Questions

Aspen Dental -Records & Treatment Plan

1. Despite new offices having the latest technology, digital images of teeth (X-rays) are refused to be sent via e-mail to the patient when requested. Director cites company policy. Paper printed photos are only offered. 2. Aspen policy defies modern technology, eliminates patient ability to store records electronicly on PC, can't send images to other dental providers that need images, must pay again for more images (X-rays) to be taken by other providers & is in contrast to most other dental practices that will send patient digital images via e-mail on request. 3. Aspen web site states: "Access to care- Breakdown barriers that prevent patient from seeking treatment." Above policy is a huge barrier to any prudent patient. 4. Aspen web site advertizes: "Diagnosis of overall oral health. Specific treatment & goals. Cost estimate & time." 5. However, little of diagnosis & treatment is stated on Payment Acceptance & Arrangement form. No time is shown, only total cost with no itemization for service costs being told. Services advised to be done seem to be exagerated with intent to boost fees dramaticly. 6. Aspen web site states: "Target market/demographic: Middle income blue collar & seniors." Educated prefessionals may be disinclined to Aspen Dental policies & method of operation. 3/4/11 Despite new offices having the latest technology, digital images of teeth (X-rays) are refused to be sent via e-mail to the patient when requested. Director cites company policy. Paper printed photos are only offered. 7. Aspen policy defies modern technology, eliminates patient ability to store records electronically on PC, can't send images to other dental providers that need images, must pay again for more images (X-rays) to be taken by other providers & is in contrast to most other dental practices that will send patient digital images via e-mail on request. 8. Aspen web site states: "Access to care- Breakdown barriers that prevent patient from seeking treatment." Above policy is a huge barrier to any prudent patient. 9. Aspen web site advertises: "Diagnosis of overall oral health. Specific treatment & goals. Cost estimate & time." 10. However, little of diagnosis & treatment is stated on Payment Acceptance & Arrangement form. No time is shown, only total cost with no itemization for service costs being told. Services advised to be done seem to be exaggerated with intent to boost fees dramatically. 11. Aspen web site states: "Target market/demographic: Middle income blue collar & seniors." Educated professionals may be disinclined to Aspen Dental policies & method of operation.

A. Patient did sign paper release form with email address for images to be sent to him 3/3/11. But Aspen office will only print out images on paper, which lacks viability for use by any other dentist. Aspen corporate office in NY did latter, after much adue, US mail images on CD to patient, despite written verification of patient email address. Several other dentits visited WILL email images, when written authorization from patient is first done. This is HIPPA compliant.

B. But getting images is minor compared to:

B1. Aspen strongly advised $2,500 in services with boileroom sales pressure tactics, that were not needed.

B2. Patient responded to Aspen: Must get second opine before spending $2,500 on Aspen advisement.

C. One month after vising Aspen, another dentist advised all treatments & conditions cited by Aspen as not needed & not present.

D. One year latter, yet another dentist stated all conditions & treatments advised by Aspen were not present & no treatments needed.

E. Hence, it appears Aspen Dental attempted to scare patient into costly treatments not needed & perhaps detrimental.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Florin Anton on August 4, 2012 from hazleton, pennsylvania, US asked;

nlt 24-88 44-91.Mistake right?

Apparently & inserted by web site, not comment writer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, ann arbor, michigan, US March 9, 2011; See point A above. Patient did sign release with his email address.

nlt 24-88 44-91. Mistake right?

@Florin Anton

nlt 24-88 44-91. Mistake it must be. Original reviewer did not input said text.

The main reason they cant send your xray by email because of the HIPPA law. You have to go to the office & signed a release form for them.

They cant send them email because they dont know for a fact who they being send to. There is too many ways for identy theft to happen & the company is not taking the chance of being sued or losing its license because you're too lazy to go & pick them up yourself. As for the rest of your ranting lol. You're probably one of those who would like the work done & then be billed later.

I would like to see you to walk into walmart or some store like that & ask an employee there if you can have the HD tv now but be billed later for it & walk right out with it. hahahaha.

25jamisonantwan
@Wow You Repeat Too Much

Obviously you work for Aspen Dental. There are several problems with your rant:

1) Accusing him/her of being "too lazy to go and pick them[images] up" without knowing about his/her transportation situation, shows how unintelligent you are. There may be valid reasons for why he/she cannot go pick them up.

2) You made an assumption, that he/she "probably [is] one of those who would like the work done and then be billed later", without first knowing if that is what he/she really wanted.

3) Nowhere in your rant did you disapprove his/her main point, which is that Aspen Dental tried to sell services that were *not* needed.

@25jamisonantwan

On point & correct.

@Wow You Repeat Too Much

Absurd. See original review.

Patient signed all forms in person & presented ID.

Aspen then refused to email images. Assumption on expecting to be billed with no pay is non-factual.

View more comments (6)