Additional Fees

On March 8 ,2018, I made an appointment to see the hygienist so I thought.Last seen at Aspen dental located off 200 location was two yrs.ago for an emergency tooth ache-which was extracted after having me pay 100.00.

Mind you I have full dental insurance coverage...but they NEVER seem to except this process. Unfortunately, they are who my benefits provide. This is the reason for waiting so long, until March 8,2018.They insisted are taking x-rays and so I complied, the dentist suggested

I may want braces.I declined and stated clearly the reason once again..I simply wanted my teeth cleaned since it has been a while.

Quickly after the exam, she proceeded to state that I had one cavity which was fine and that was the conclusion of the exam and I was sent out to see Jen Gonzalez the financial consultant to explain further that I needed to pay up front over 200.00 and that I cannot have basic cleaning anymore..continued on to say that my left side would be done first..then set up an appoint for my right side to be done..then another appointment to complete the upper mouth for the deep cleaning procedure. I am retired on a fixed income.

They wouldn't see me again until funds were paid up front..regardless of my dental insurance plan. Dr.Molly Stanford never bothered to check if I were to come back nor did they cared..really. Upon going home I was saddened by this. I felt a sense of hopelessness and helplessness.

I witness an elderly person walking out of the establishment while in the waiting room upset. I don't understand if you have full coverage they should be allowed to treat any patient this way. What now, I ask myself.

Something has to change in the financial dept.Would I have to pay up front everytime I go!?

Review about: Aspen Dental Dental Services.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Lack of professionalism.

If you have a dental policy that specifies A$pen Dental, it is a junk policy which is not worth the money you pay for it.You don't just get a "cleaning" like you get a car washed.You MUST have an exam first to see what your oral conditions are.

Any exam MUST include x-rays.If it has been "quite a while," you may or may not need a "simple cleaning." If you have tartar deposits deep under your gums that require numbing to remove, a simple cleaning is useless. Whether or not you need a simple cleaning or a deep scaling has nothing whatever do do with what you can afford. You need what you need.Gum therapy may or may not be the most important thing you need. If they find you have a big cavity going into the nerve of the tooth, THAT would be the most important thing.All that being said, A$pen's favorite scam is to recommend deep scalings for people that don't need it.

Another horrible thing they do is demand complete payment up front for all planned treatment. No honest dentist does that.Here is your mistake. You purchased garbage dental insurance which pays ridiculously low fees. No honest dentists want to mess with it.

The only people that do are crooks like A$pen. To turn a profit, they upcode procedures and plan unnecessary treatment. They collect a ton of money up front, then make it hard to get appointments.WHAT TO DO: Drop the crummy dental plan you are wasting money on.

Go to an honest dentist.If needs be, drive to a dental school or dental hygiene school for treatment.