Seattle, Washington
1.5

About 2 years ago an Aspen dentist recommended dentures for my dental problems: Full uppers & partial lowers. The recommended plan included crowns for 4 of the remaining 6 lower teeth.

At that time I asked about the advisability of removing all my teeth & getting full upper & lower dentures. I was told I would be much happier if I followed the Aspen recommendation. I followed this advice and paid about $15,000 for the treatment which included about $10,000 for the 4 crowns. About 2 weeks ago, I noticed a problem with one of my remaining lower teeth.

I went back to Aspen & was examined. I was told that all the previous dental work needed to be removed & replaced with a full lower denture. The quoted cost is $4881.80. In my opinion, I was given an incredibly bad initial treatment plan recommendation by Aspen & that I paid dearly for putting my trust in Aspen.

Aspen has not accepted any responsibility at all for this situation & has shown no interest in sharing the financial burden of their incorrect recommendation. Aspen seems more interested in extracting more money from me. I do not want charity. I do expect professional dental care combined with honesty, integrity, sincerity & responsibility.

I find it impossible to believe that the Aspen business model was designed to meet any of these expectations.

Aspen encourages patients to submit reviews on Google & Facebook; however, the reviews shown on the Aspen website do not include the 1 & 2 star reviews & only a portion of the 3 star reviews. Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website to see many other negative reviews & serious complaints.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Tooth Crown Services.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Aspen Dental Cons: Amount of mistakes made, Quality of workmanship, Are a rip off company not truthfulnot dependable, Lack of knowledgeable staff.

Comments

You expected competence, honesty, intergrity, sincerity, and responsibility from ASPEN??????? WHY???

Would you expect it from a gang member? An embezzler? A carjacker?? No?

Then why on earth would you expect it from a seedy corporate run by Wall Street private equity crooks? Gosh, if you wanted all of those attributes, you would have gone to an independent dentist with a good reputation that owned his own practice, wouldn't you? Those clowns never offered you saving two lower roots and making an overdenture. That is by far the most economical and comfortable solution.

A lot cheaper than FOUR crowns and a partial denture! You live and learn.

For goodness sakes, find yourself a decent independent dentist. In the future, remember that you should never even walk in the door of any health clinic that advertises on TV.

@Anonymous

Couldn't have stated it better myself.