Do not sign the treatment plans....Aspen doesn't actually verify or speak with your insurance to see what is covered or not. They take general insurance coverage and base your treatment plan off that.

They also apply deceptive pricing based on this phantom coverage ( bait and switch). As your insurance denies claims because the services are not covered, Aspen Dental will not tell you. They will wait until all services are given and then remove all those insurance/provider discounts and demand payment of THOUSANDS with-in 5 days, then send you straight to collections. They will not work with you or your insurance, despite it being their error.

THESE ARE NOT FEES FOR SERVICES, IT IS KICK BACK PRICING. I was charged 850.00 (and fully paid) per crown, when my insurance denied the claim( because my coverage was never checked) The fee per crown was raised to 1,600.00 ea, months after conclusion of services. The one my insurance did cover remain at the original fee of 850.00. THEY DO NOT TELL YOU OR SHOW YOU THIS RANGE IN YOUR TREATMENT PLAN.

They have you pay upfront claiming they have received authorization of benefits from your insurance company and then do a bait and switch. They have a blanket policy that "protects" them and doesn't require them to actually look at your individual dental plan. Again, DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING, they can change your treatment plan at anytime again raising the cost mid treatment to where you can not stop. If you do, you are left with incomplete work that would require emergency visits to another dentist.

Aspen dental WILL hold all your records as well, causing another dentist to guess at how to fix the mess. YES, a mess... and Aspen Dental fees are 3 times higher than other dentists. They can't even enter phone numbers right either, so you'd better be very proactive in contacting them.

They had my crows their office for 3 weeks, tried to call me once, using only one number in my file , which they had wrong.

No effort made to call my cell or use my email,both in my file. Declined the Toothbrush they give you in a treatment plan, They charge 135.00 for it , you can by the same electric toothbrush for far less, mine broke after 4 mo.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Monetary Loss: $12000.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments