I made an appointment for their "free comprehensive exam and x rays." After taking the x rays, they brought me into the exam room for a perio exam.I told them I already had a periodontist and that I was just there to get a filling replaced that had fallen out.

They responded "If you aren't going to get your regular cleanings here the Dr. said we will change this comprehensive exam to a standard exam. The price is $116.00. I said "The comprehensive exam is free, but the less comprehensive exam cost $116.00??

Yes, she said. Tell me how that makes sense??? I told them when I made the appointment that I already was going to a periodontist 4 times a year for cleaning. I told them I wasn't going to change that.

Never once did they say they would charge me for the exam unless I agreed to let them clean my teeth.

I walked out.Just a big "bait and switch" operation staffed by Dentists that didn't graduate in the top half of their class.

Review about: Aspen Dental Dental Exam.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Had an Experience with Aspen Dental?

Comments

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States #1284763

Nothing will every be given free to anyone at aspen. Everything is charged no matter how they have to hide it in the huge bill they give you. Worst than pawn brokers.

Low pay based on commission + guns to the young dentists' heads to produce revenue = disaster of scams to every patient walking through Aspen's front door. Every dental need, no matter how small, becomes a goldmine of overzealous and expensive treatment. Please don't think the other corporate dental sweat shops will be any better.

Good for you!You avoided a big scam!

Any normal dentist would take ONE x-ray of the tooth, then do the filling.

A$pen is the VERY LAST place freshly graduated dentists want to work.

It offers the lowest pay in the profession.A$pen is a place reserved for dental grads that cannot find a job anywhere else- a one stop chop shop owned by Wall Street investors instead of dentists.