Kesny L

| map-marker Tampa, Florida

Refund

I started my Invisalign process on March 2022. To this day it been a long 8-12 months battle with Aspen dental.

When I started my process the bottom Invisalign did not fit. It was too long causing them to cut into my back gum. When I went to my next visit they saw what was going on and cut the Invisalign now my back wisdom tooth will not be fixed. I quote the doctor stated they didnt do your molds correctly.

I ended up telling the front desk lady I was not pleased with this and not pleased with my fill that I got for my front tooth as you can clearly see a line from when the doctor filled my tooth. The doctor started oh the Invisalign will correct it. From then I asked for my money back. Was told they will fix it and thats what caused new trays to be ordered.

The new trays took months to come . I was using the same Invisalign I had for months . Called and was told it was on backorder and it should get here. I then asked for my money back.

Two days later get a call my Invisalign's was here. Hurricane Ian happened I lost my car and stopped treatment because I didnt have a vehicle. I called and spoke to a manger on a refund and told me it was too late for that was told what she can do is when I was ready I can come back they will put my treatment on hold. Never received a phone call from Aspen until I called around September or October of 2023 was scheduled a visit.

The visit seemed off as it felt like a first time visit. I was than told since It been so long i will have to restart my treatment. What happened to my previous treatment I never finished. I paid everything upfront before completing anything.

Stated there was no notes made stating they were putting my treatment on hold. There was new doctors new faces so manager made it seem like i was lying. I than asked to speak to her manager who said she will talk to and let me know what they can do. I waited a month no call back .

I finally called the front desk texted the manager who than responded yes she has to pay everything again . I was so angry I ended up asking for their managers phone number. Who the agent gave me an email. Sent an email in January to this day never got a response.

Called the 844-296-**** number. Since February Ive been going back and forth on a manger is supposed to call me.

Never does put it in their system they do and resolve their case. All im asking is for my money back for the lack of communication, lies and unprofessionalism

Guest

This can’t be a true story! This is not the way dentist offices work and if you get a filling in your front tooth your going to see it

Kesny L
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2536504

Please go somewhere

View more comments (1)
Alisa K Psy

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Didn't get my partial denture.

Aspen Dental - Didn't get my partial denture.
Updated by user May 30, 2024

No absolutely not

Original review May 28, 2024
The company (Aspen Dental) finally called me to set up my new appointment. However, when I made arrangements for my tooth extraction, they told me my complete treatment plan was $3,328.00 and I would have to wait 6 months to get my new partial denture.

Now that they have made my new appointment through your contacting them, Aspen is telling me it will cost me an additional $1,100.00 for my partial denture. This cost was not explained to me as an extra expense. Who wouldn't want to get their teeth fixed when they have them removed! I was told that everything was included in the $3,328.00 bid with $99 paid up front.

Now I go to get my new partial and Aspen holds my new partial ransom, requiring another $1,100.00 or I get no teeth to be able to eat with. This doesn't seem right to me.
Cons:
  • No pros

Preferred solution: I need my partial denture without being held up for another 1100.00 dollars

User's recommendation: Don't trust what aspen says

Samantha N Qio

| map-marker Camillus, New York

Complaint, refusal of service

Original review Apr 29, 2024

They don't answer the phone or return calls for over two weeks. If you do happen to get through to someone to reschedule a missed appointment for your child, they will reprimand you for the missed appointment by scheduling your kid 6 months out.

After the six months, we actually show up to the appointment they scheduled. I get to the counter tell her who my son is and she starts checking him in. Thats when she starts to stare at the computer screen for a good 2-3 entire minutes. I think she then realizes who we are because she then went over to speak to someone for a few minutes.

I believe her name is Jenna, the office manager. She comes back and asks if I confirmed the appointment that would have came from corporate through a telephone call. Tell her, nope confirmed it through text, offered to show it to her. She started to say some nonsensical thing about how a text and corporate or something that made no sense..

i was like, are you kidding me? The appointment was confirmed, i again offered to show it to her.. She then came up with a different excuse to not see my son for his appointment, saying he never got his hygiene appointment and said we needed to come back at a different time. My jaw absolutely dropped.

I have no idea why because I had to cancel a few appointments, this place and these people are doing this.

This is obviously a scheme to push us out of this office, all because we had missed a couple of appointments previously due to my son's deteriorating health conditions. NOT that I should have to explain that.. I even called to cancel each appointment, never a no call no show. This is the most unprofessional place I've ever been to.

I've paid more than $400 out of pocket already for this monstrous $16,000 plan. This place and these women need to be looked into and I deserve an explanation as to why they did this. I chose not to go to another dental office because I've already paid for my toward this dental plan.

We already had his plan set up to go here.

We are not children, we should not be reprimanding people because LIFE happens and things you cannot control happens. This is definitely not right and these women need to be held accountable for their actions.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Staff and service

Preferred solution: The word out to the public

User's recommendation: Don't bother. This place is extremely unprofessional

Guest

Breaking an appointment is essentially stealing time from a provider. No dentist wants appointment breakers. That being said, Aspen is the sleaziest dental outfit in the USA.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2523301

Stealing time? Is that some law you just came up with?

They were notified well before the appointment. "No dentist wants appointment breakers." I literally had to cancel 2 appointments, bud. Due to personal reasons for my kid. People should be able to cancel an appointment without fear of retaliation.

On another note, providers can definitely call other patients to fill in canceled slots. It's a thing. That's why they have people called receptionist/secretaries, to handle such events.

Like I said, this is most definitely retaliation at it's best. Thanks for the reply!

View more comments (1)
Merelyn Oiu

| map-marker Springfield, Ohio

The dentures and implants have lots of problems and they sent a bill to collections that the insurance paid

Ive had problems since the very first day. They said I haD 3 accounts than my dentures cracked 3 times, I had to pay for abutments again after less than 6 months of them putting them in.

They charged me a lot more than they quoted. The staff is rude and what really upsets me is they sent a balance to collections without sending me a bill and I called my insurance said they already paid for that date of service so Im disputing that charge

User's recommendation: Don’t go there

Marian R Tew

| map-marker Berlin, Maryland

Unauthorized billing

I was a patient with your Berlin Office in Maryland;

I was billed $224 back in early 2023 after the office did not submit the claim properly to the insurance company

The representative told my husband that they would correct the issue and reverse the charge (he did not document any conversations)

The office has never contacted me, I have tried to call them but they don't pick up the phone. I had a dental appointment on Friday May 10th and they contacted my husband (not me) to confirm the appointment and to further tell him that I owe more the $224 because my account is in collections and they added around $100

In the conversation my husband had with the rep, the gentlement hung up on him

I went to the office personally on the 10th, they had taken me off the schedule, and the manager would not see me.

I blew up in the office and instead of handling it professionally, one of the techs came out and blew up at me. She refused to give me a detail of my billing statement also.

keep in mind I have never been contacted by Aspen, they only call my husband (which is not appropriate) and when I call the office they don't answer, nor do they return a phone call.

I am seeking someone from management to explain to me why this charge is on my account (particularly since we prepay for all services), if appropriate I will pay the charge but I will not pay the arbitrary amount added to my account. All I want is to talk to management and the Berlin, MD office is terrible. They do not care about the business or the customers and I think there is a big issue there.

Consequently they will lose not one but three patients. in the meantime as a person with perfect credit I need to get this resolved and I believe it is an arbitrary charge to my account.

Guest

"I blew up in the office", because that's the way to handle the situation. Bad situation, but you were wrong in the way you approached it. Pay the bill and deal with insurance on your own, and now find a new dentist.

Hannah M Rbe

Overcharged and understaffed

Dear Aspen dental,

I am NOT happy with the services or treatment provided at the Hanover location in Massachusetts. Every single appointment, I arrived 10 minutes before my SCHECULED appointment and it has taken them 45 minutes to get me in the chair and then another 15 minutes for the dentist to even see me!

I've seen a man eating cheetos walking around and talking to the person performing my check up. Completely unprofessional. The woman that was performing my "gingivitis treatment" made me bleed so bad that I had to come back another say to get my Motto aligners another day. I was in so much pain and I asked her to stop.

I kept spitting up blood and I kept asking her to stop. This business has taken my money and time, time I will never get back. I also got a second opinion on my gingivitis and the cost for treatment is TRIPLED from the private dentist. I signed up for the care credit for my motto aligners but the "gingivitis treatment"was going to be another 1500.

It was not worth the price tag nor the pain.

I very dissatisfied with my service(s). Please let me know my options to dispute this charge.

Hannah

Gwen P Vxn

| map-marker Columbia, South Carolina

Worst Experience of my life

Original review Apr 15, 2024

This is regarding the Aspen Dental Office # 2007- Garner Ferry Rd, Columbia, SC. The initial service provides the customer with a great deal of information that is not entirely accurate, or may I say not clearly disclosed.

When you book your service, you are provided with the reassurance of what the insurance covered and your responsibility. However, it's only an estimate of what is covered, therefore upon signing the document, the consumer could be accepting a tremendous bill without full knowledge. After carefully thinking about the recommended procedure by the dentist. I discovered that what the dentist was looking for is a healthy revenue from the insurance company.

After other incidents at the location, I completely lost trust in this establishment. Called in a cancel all future appointments and advised I would not be returning. I expressed my concerns to the Practice Manager and requested a print out of service rendered. Later called in complaint to the corporate office customer service team in which I was advised an executive manager would be calling me back, needless to say this did not happen.

However, I received a bill for over $400. Reviewed EOB with the insurance company and with my coverage, discovering out of retaliation, Aspen Dental over billed me as well did not submit claims to the insurance company. This was confirmed as the insurance company conference in Aspen Dental #2007 practice manager to review coverage and billing. In which she passed the buck, stating she does not know why the claims were not submitted.

Waiting to see how long it would take. Aspen Dental - 7510 Garners Ferry Rd, Ste A Columbia SC 29209 location

Loss:
Pros:
  • Initial friendly staff
Cons:
  • Full recommendation sometimes may not be needed
  • Sent home in paid with no follow up or medication
  • Inconsistencies

Sandra Y Mrd

| map-marker Kyle, Texas

Aspen dental ruined my permanent bridge. had decay on 2 supporting crowns so my bridges was cut and 2 teeth removed but when the assistant put so much mold material in my mouth and couldn’t get it

Out she pulled so hard it cracked one of my other supporting crowns on the other side so now my whole bridge is ruined and they want to charge more money because I now will need a denture. I really only needed a flipper with 2 teeth before it was destroyed but even then they couldnt figure it out so I have had a horrible temp for 7 mos . I had a credit they wouldnt refund me 2 managers lied to me about refund that they said they did 3 times they lied about everything and I refuse to go back I am telling everyone at on top of the world not to go there I went to the aspen on st rd 200 I have never been treated like this ever, they just throw old people under the bus I am still thinking about this its older abuse.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Cheaters and lairs
  • Why would any management lie about everything

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t go to any aspen dental if you do don’t give money up front they lie about everything and steal your money

Jasiya Pea

| map-marker Flat Rock, Michigan

Cheated out of money

I came to the cleaning appointment and was told the cost of just the top teeth, I was shocked! I cancelled the appointment, it had not started yet, I went to the office manager I gave $75 to for items I could have bought at CVS for way less money!

She said corporate would have to return my cash, she said it would be in the mail!

It never came, I called several times to no avail so they just kept my $75! Crooks!

User's recommendation: Don't use Aspen dental

Featured
map-marker Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Horrible experience & still fighting with them

From start to me quitting has been horrible experience. Ontop of being charged for something advertised as a free first visit. A dentist comes in to pull your teeth with his equipment placed on the floor. Not one softline ever worked because the temporary dentures where wrong from the start. The teeth were tiny and the center line and bite where off. My bottom temporary partial broke within 4 months, then my top dropped out during a lunch meeting, need fixadent always which is making me sick. Every time I went there (Aspen) I come home with sores on the outside of my mouth. Examples are below of ill fitting teeth, off center teeth, and dirty trays.

I went to the dentist Nov 13 ($235 dollars) and and was told 2 other teeth should have been pulled, I have a extra bone in the roof of my mouth that should have been removed shaved down for a better plate fit and apologized for my temporary teeth because the temp dentures should have never looked the way they did and the assistant and dentist gave a look of disgust to each other when they were looking at my dentures. I was told I need an additional 2 teeth pulled and a whole new brand new temp bottom partial plate with a flapper because of missing teeth changes everything, then wait another 6 months to get my permanent partial bottom. Another 7400 to go behind a dentist that was already paid 13k. They missed some things, didn't explain everything or go into detail of what all needed done and did a correct job and correctly billed, and the last 6 months telling them these dentures weren't right. At this point in time I'm not sure anything I do will fix the situation. Let alone worried about what there next procedure will improve and then pay another 900 in January billing my insurance again. NO MORE INCOMPETENCE. The worst experience I have ever had. There is so much you can fit in a email otherwise you would have a book about every detail.

I am asking for a refund of 4390.81 for 1st because they screwed my insurance for the next 5 years and I can not get any denture work because of aspen. 2nd I am having to come out of pocket for something that wasn't done properly the the first time. 3rd all the work hours and vacation time I used needs to be compensated. I have cried leaving your office more then once and had words with the smart *** accounting clerk which got nowhere past her *** or ears if she knows the difference.

Also the new permanent top denture has been in its box since the night I got them of Dec 7th. I have much more. Please contact me.

User's recommendation: Run they are a scam

Guest

The Aspen corporate bank account is like a black hole in outer space. Once money makes it into the Aspen bank account, no force in the universe can pry it out again.

Aspen gets sued all the time. They got more and better lawyers than you can ever afford. You made a mistake. You went to a sleazy corporate chain clinic owned by Wall Street sharks, instead of an honest independent dentist.

What is worse, since Aspen is owned by non-dentists, your state board of dentistry can do nothing to help you. Next time, be more skeptical about TV advertisements.

Kathy F Efh

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Naples, Florida

Not happy. Want refund

I paid over $17,000 to be accused of being a druggie because the guy couldnt pull my teeth. I had to go to an oral surgeon which cost me more money they dont fit they make me look like a horse I cant eat with them so therefore I cant wear them because they dont fit. I cant even close my mouth when theyre in there so I would like a refund.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Are not helpful

User's recommendation: Don’t go

Featured
Tina N Eeq

| map-marker Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin

After more than $6k (my own and insurance), I STILL don’t have a pair of functional dentures.

I was told I could get a partial refund since they cant give me a pair of fitting, functional dentures unless I pay another $8,000 out-of-pocket. BUT after more than five requests for a simple patient statement, all Ive received is a ledger of procedures and the cost of each procedure.

Nothing about how much insurance paid or my over $2300 was applied to each procedure. How can I know whats a fair refund without this information. And, why is it so difficult to give me a patient statement?!?!

Oh, the ledger shows a charge for a wax try-in I never received.

Did I mention my denture was accidentally broken by the assistant?

It was an accident.

I asked for a soft reline since they cant make me fitting dentures and the soft reline was taken off my temps. I was told they would absolutely do a soft reline for an out-of-pocket $600 - $800.

Loss:
Pros:
  • One of the assistants is nice
Cons:
  • Unable to provide services advertised
  • Poor customer service
  • False advertisement

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I don’t recommend. Stay far, far away.

Thanks for the heads up

Martha W Osd

| map-marker Austell, Georgia

Delayed services, missed information and unable to eat food properly!

This has been an ongoing problem with my dental care. For almost three years, I have had issues with this dental office!

My implants are not working properly and now they tell me that I need my bottom teeth capped and that I need a partial in order for my implants to work properly! I have temporary crowns on my teeth, and I was to get them replaced on Friday! That has changed. Because the lab received them late, I was told it will take two to three weeks now.

I have a planned conference to attend out of town in two weeks and I will not be able to eat properly! This is so unacceptable! I have been trying very hard to be an understanding patient, but at this point, I feel I need to seek legal advice! Three years is far too long to suffer as I have!

My husband has had enough. We keep paying lots of money and getting no results.

Patients should not be treated this way. I have paid a lot of money for my treatments and I have not received the results that I was promised!

Lana S Sdq

| map-marker Racine, Wisconsin

Ask Aspen Dental in Stuart Florida why I’m in the *** of suicide

They removed my teeth, almost killed me with too many antibiotics and now, for almost a year, they don't know where to send my bill.

User's recommendation: *** NO!!!!

Alex P Izj

| map-marker Willmar, Minnesota

Complaint and refund

Original review May 31, 2024

Got to my wife's appoint 10 minutes late the manager closed the door it was 1:22 when we arrived she refused to let us in and we were outside 1: I've spent almost 28k with Your company we were there for her final adjust probably 15 minutes tops I'm also a 12 year veteran of the USN left as a luietant commander to be treated with such disrespect as I was wearing my navel cap with rank on it it is unbelievable the way she spoke to us. This was the second d time I've had an issue with this office. The speaking to me outside the office is also a violation of HIPPA laws were a stranger leaving the office said to me good for you.

Cons:
  • Rude staff manager needs serious csr training as well as being a navel officer i was svp at a major bank ran a lending department of 300 people in 3 midwestern states

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don't go to this office