I had an appointment at 6pm in the Shamokin Dam Office I was taken back for x-rays and placed in a room I waited like 15 minutes for the dentist to come in and it was the quickest exam I ever had . I was told I needed a cleaning and to wait someone would be back for me.

I waited 35 minutes and finally someone came back to check me out. Only to be told my insurance does not cover 100% of my cleanings. I have had the same insurance for 13 years and have never once have I paid out of pocket for any of the cleanings.

I will NEVER EVER go to ASPEN DENTAL again and I won't pay a dime for anything I had done. I am seriously thinking of filling a complaint with the better business bureau.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Was terrible.

Comments

WHAT WAS REALLY GOING ON: The biggest Aspen scam is to "upgrade" simple cleanings to "deep scalings and root planings," whether really necessary or not. 4 quadrants of scaling and root planing nets Aspen about 12 times more dough than regular cleanings do.

But scalings are typically covered at only 80%, not 100%.

Patients focus on the cost of procedures, but really should be focusing on the procedures recommended to be done. You don't save any money by going to a gyp joint, even with cheap prices, if you are charged for all sorts of things that really do not need to be done.