Recently I received a dunning call from Aspen's collection department. I called the local office and they agreed with my records that I owed nothing.

They called their financial office and were told that I had exceeded my annual benefit for 2009 and therefore other work was charged at a non-participating (undiscounted) rate. I checked with my insurance company who informed me that such a charge was in violation of their contract with Aspen, that the insurance coverage included blanket participating rates.

The collection department continued to dun me and Aspen continued to be evasive. They did offer to knock $50 off the claimed balance, but never addressed their contract violation.

This is a scam and Aspen has been deliberately evasive in addressing it.

Lousy, unethical and illegal business practice.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Insurance.

Comments

Dr.Bleckstein

Aspen Dental must be stopped. A multi-state Class Action Lawsuit is forming against the Aspen Dental Group.

If you would like to have your complaint against Aspen Dental considered for inclusion in this action, please send a complete description of your “Aspen” experience, including your name, contact email and phone number to the following email address:

Dr.Bleckstein@gmail.com

The more information you are able to provide in support of your complaint against Aspen Dental, the more "power" your complaint will carry and the faster Aspen will fall.

All information provided by you will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared with no one except the attorneys involved with the preparation of this action. There is absolutely no cost to you to have your voice heard.

Thanks,