2.3
Additional Fees

I started seeing Aspen Dental in March 2018, I had several procedures scheduled to be done. After my initial eval, I was referred to the billing department in regards of payments that my dental insurance did not cover.

I was given the amount of 1,200 (odd change). I was told it would be billed in a 60/40 method, which I completely understood. However, on the next to last visit scheduled I was rudely administered an anesthetic in the front of my gums without any numbing gel, the injection literally brought me to tears. we took a "break" and tears were just rolling from my face, depsite this terrible experience I only had ONE more filling to be done and so I elected to go back.

Well on the day of my last procedure Aspen Dental decides to No call/ No Show.. and I waited outside with another mother/son couple only to find out after calling corporate that they would not be in today.... No big deal. whatever.

Fast forward to today. Back to the predetermined amount of $1,200 that was billed to a Dental First Credit Union. I received a bill claiming that I owe $300, I called. The clerk stated it was for the last procedure that had yet to be done and when I came in for it, they would bill it to Dental First.

However, as it is my patient right, I stated I would not be coming back. I was told "that's your right," and was hung up on.. fast forward to 1v month later, I just received a collection notice for that amount. I call and they say the balance is from a Peridontal Treatment from my FIRST visit, and that because I never came in, and it went to collection, they could no longer send it to Dental First...

I am infuriated!

this was not what I was told in the beginning, and was NEVER told on the calls made prior to the office. and in all of this, when I have called and asked for help understanding, they have been so callus and rude in me trying to understand their policies.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Filling.

Preferred solution: Have someone call me and explain how this incident happened, and the best solution for figuring it out. Something isn't right..

Comments

To understand Aspen billing, you must take a course in Chaos Theory in a postgraduate physics course. At Aspen, you can be billed for anything, and you probably will be billed for everything.

Only trouble is, each person you speak with will give you a different reason that after you have paid, you will be billed again. You are told your bill was paid in full, then you get a call saying you owe $900 and will be sent to collections soon if you don't pay it. Confound and confuse, then confiscate your net worth. That is the Aspen plan.

Got anything left in your bank account, or unused part of your credit limit? Then Aspen made a mistake and could have led you to undertake more unnecessary dental treatment.