2.8
Additional Fees

I had work done in Sandusky, OH. The estimate given was $645.20 which was paid.

Unfortunately they thought I had secondary insurance which I don't so they are now billing me for $2561.34 which would've been the amount the secondary insurance paid. I have made many phone calls and gotten nowhere. Yesterday I spoke with the regional manager who stated 5 times that she didn't do billing. After explaining the problem she said well then you owe the $2561.34.

We can go around and around for the next 20 minutes because you're not listening. That's the amount you owe. I also work in customer service and if I ever talked to anyone in this way I would be fired. Very poor business practice.

And when you call to talk to someone they put you on hold and a commercial comes on saying When we give you a quote you will NEVER pay more than the original quote. I can't describe how angry that commercial makes me when that is the problem I'm calling about.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Services.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Work done and dentist were excellent.

I didn't like: False statements when signing.

Comments

If you did not in fact have secondary insurance, you legally owe anything the primary insurance did not pay. If the primary insurance paid not a thing, you would owe it all.

Insurance is accepted with the understanding that anything insurance does not pay, the patient will owe. That is a fact of life. If you feel bad about it, consider how many patients ( a third of them in my practice) don't have any insurance and have to pay for everything. That being said, you probably paid high fees for dental treatment which may not have been necessary.

That is because A$pen is the biggest scam of all the sleazy corporate dental chains. Man up to your mistake of going there, pay your balance, and never darken their doors again.