In the last 6 months my grandson has been to Aspen Dental on several occasions. He went in for a cleaning and x-rays and was determined he needed 8 fillings and several crowns.

They put him in debt over $1,000 and no work has been done. Then he had to have one tooth pulled and had to pay around $250. Still has had no work done. He had an apt for 10/9 we thought was to start getting some work done and 1st they told us he did not have an appointment then they told us it was the 8th and not the 9th was his appointment.

(His appointment card I have says the 9th and I had to leave work without pay to take him. Then all they wanted to do was examine the area where he had the tooth pulled and charge him another $238. We still don't know what the $1,000 debt they put him into is for. He is a young adult that has never dealt with business issues and did what they asked him to do.

Still no teeth fixed and we won't be back. Will find an honest dentist that does not take advantage of him.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

I found out more info about the $1,000 debt. It was more like $1,500 and they said it was for scaling, cleaning around the gums. To me that is an outrageous amount.

You sure won't find an honest dentist working for sleazebag corporate dental chains like Aspen. They have to surgically remove all a dentist's ethics before he can work for them scamming patients.

Pretty much nobody but crooks asks for money in advance to do dental work. All normal honest dentist make it pay-as-you-go. Aspen's favorite game is making patients pay up front, then making it almost impossible to get the treatment done. Eventually patients get frustrated and let Aspen keep the money for doing nothing.

Bet a lot of that treatment planned by Aspen is not even needed by your son. You will be astounded by a second opinion by an independent dentist.