The hygienist did an exam to see what kind of cleaning I would need, didn’t tell me what she was doing and just stared jamming a tool into my gums. 5 days later I have a huge sore/swollen gum and possible infection around one tooth from when she did this and “missing” scraping and stabbing the wrong area 3 time.

She then of corse blamed me for keeping my wisdom teeth as to why she kept missing because they are hard to reach. I was given A $2500 quote for a cleaning and 1 cavity.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning.

Comments

Notice something. You said "The hygienist did an exam to see what type of cleaning I would need."An initial exam is the job of a licensed dentist, NOT a hygienist.

And it should be doubly true at A$pen, where hygienists have to generate a certain amount of revenue, and more gets them a bonus. So there is incentive to overtreat patients in the plans they try to sell.But the hygienist is right about one thing- wisdom teeth often contribute to periodontal diseases, and the vast majority of patients are better off without them.4 quadrants of scaling and root planing, the max, costs only about $1200 in my practice.

Can't imagine a cavity costing $1300 to fill. Patients go to these corporate gyp joints thinking they will save money, and almost always they end up paying much more than an independent private dentist.