141 views
Verified Reviewer

1.8

My original dentist retired, I live in a rural area. So I went to OakRidge Tn at Aspin to find a new dentist.

My teeth are in good shape I had a filling that fell out. And needed a cleaning. Well, they took my insurance and added unnecessary charges, that I really didnt understand, and I was hurried through a third party. With that being said that should have been a red flag, but I went along with this.

The hygienist done a deep cleaning which I will say was good. That was the only thing I was pleased with the dentist put me off 2 weeks to fill my tooth. I finally had it done. Then it fell out 3 weeks later.

I called and left 2 messages to call me back. No one ever did. Finally I got ahold of them. I had an appointment 1 week later.

They wanted to get another X-ray why? The filling fell out the dentist saw me 2 minutes said could I come back for another appointment to fill again. I said NO! I live 60 miles away and work 2 jobs.

I will say the office manager was very nice, and refunded a substantial amount of money to the 3 party that was billed on my behalf. I got my records went to another dentist 3 days later got my tooth fixed. The dentist at Aspin filled the tooth over a cavity, so no wonder the filling fell out! This other dentist had to fix her mistake.

I would never recommend Aspin Dental to anyone! Its all about money! The only good thing they had there was their hygienist, she could do so much better with another company!

All they do is frequent visits nothing resolved! Lacks on so many levels!

User's recommendation: Don’t go there.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Services.

Preferred solution: Make public aware, too many return visits for nothing but more money. .

Aspen Dental Pros: Good dental hygienist.

Aspen Dental Cons: Time wasted, Over charged, Filling not done properly.

Location: 445 South Illinois Avenue, Oak Ridge, TN 37830

Comments

#2002718

My dentist retired and I went to local area Aspen Dental several times for semi annual cleaning, scaling and any needed x-rays...All dental exams said my teeth and gums are healthy..THEN, on the last visit I was seen by an entire NEW staff. The hygenist was very rough as she measured my gums and reported info to staff member recording her findings.

.My gums were bleeding in numerous places from the SEVERE poking and probing. .NEXT, another staff member reviewed the findings and said WOW you need to have further treatment NOW for gum disease. When I inquired about prior findings showing NO gum disease and NOW being PUSHED for me to allow them to BEGIN treatment THAT DAY and ongoing on a quarterly basis ( rather than previous 6 month check-ups). They became very defensive and almost INSISTED that I provide permission to begin gum disease treatment IMMEDIATELY.....

I DID NOT LIKE THE ATTITUDE or bleeding gums caused by their sharp probing. They insisted my gums were bleeding which indicated to them that I have gum disease...my gums were NOT bleeding prior to their exam...I am NOT PLEASED with their exam, results or PUSHY attitude...and will seek another opinion.....

Aspen Dental Reviews