Furious with Aspen Dental. They told me they had obtained Pre-Auth for services in January 2009, but per my Insurance they never did.

All the sudden I get this bill in August from them for a crazy amount of out-of-pocket expenses for a simple cleaning. I wrote them a letter addressing several concerns mentioned by the Insurance company (such as the treatment was not justified, no Pre-Auth obtained, and they did not respond to the insurance company's request for records). No one responded to the letter, and they kept sending bills. I paid towards it each month.

TOday, a year after the initial so-called cleaning, I get a call from the billing office to address the concerns in the letter. It was actually a nice conversation. Then I get home from work and there is a letter from a collections agency, even though I had been paying my bill and Aspen never once indicated they were going to do that. They frankly have fraudulent billing practices.

They say something is covered by insurance without checking, then stick you with unexpected costs and don't answer any inquiries about the billing... and apparently even though you are paying your bill, they turn you over to collections.

SOOOOOO glad that I never went back there after that first highway robbery, I mean, "cleaning".

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning.

Comments

Oh yeah, I forgot that the Moxie knows everything about a dental office and how to diagnose and perform procedures- she will be opening her own dental clinic shortly!

...I think that your the stooge for wasting your time going to a bunch of different locations.

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. We at Aspen Dental really do strive to provide all of our patients with exceptional service and care, and we’d like to do whatever we can to resolve this problem.

Would you be willing to talk in more detail to our Patient Satisfaction team to see whether they can help address your specific concerns? This team of specialists is based at our Practice Support Center in Syracuse and is trained to help resolve these types of issues.

They can be reached at 1-866-273-8606 or patientservices@aspendent.com. The team will respond to you as quickly as they can (within two business days of your initial outreach to them).

8) Quite frankly, I wouldn't have paid the bill.

8) This company is out of control. Although Aspen Dental is the management company for all these locations, independently, they do as they please. I've been in to a few of their locations in my area to do "the research" and all I can liken the experience to is watching a Three Stooges short.