12/31/10 will be a New Year's Eve I will never forget. I got a call a day before to go to a different dentist to have the procedure done.

I didn't mind. I reported at 8 am to have my teeth pulled for a full upper and lower denture. I have never met this dentist. He wanted to poke at my teeth, don't know why.

Then he said the most *** thing. He wanted to ask me if I wanted a partial on the lower. No you ***. I don't want it, the dentures have already been made and if I wanted it then it would have already been discussed.

He numbed me and left my room for about a half an hour or more, didn't say anything, I suppose to see other patients. When he came back, guess what, I was not numb anymore. Shocking. He then had to *** me again.

Let me just say I was in that office for 3 hours. He started to take some teeth out. A lot of times I asked him to stop because the pain was so bad. He said it was just pressure.

I have had teeth pulled before and I know the difference between pressure and pain. He finally got done with the upper teeth and left again for about 1/2 hour not saying anything to see other patients. Finally the lower teeth. By then I was in so much pain I needed pain meds now.

He started pulling teeth again and I told him to stop and he wouldn't. He said I was numb. I know if I was numb or not and to be honest I was in so much pain my whole mouth hurt. Several times during the procedure he asked the assistant was "he" ok.

First of all I am a woman and he didn't even call me by my name and he called me a man. He asked that because I was crying. When we were all done he said I was stressed out. No doctor I was in pain.

Well I had the finally word because when I went out to the lobby, which was filled with people, I was crying and they stuck some gauge in my mouth which was filled with blood. What a good picture to show prospective patients in the lobby.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dentures.

Comments

First of all, I really hope those comments were not truky made by a dentist at Aspen. That would be unprofessional and just plain tacky. Secondly, I would like to say that I have also been to the West Des Moines office, for somewhat similar issues, and they were extremely compassionate, kind, thoughtful, and skilled. I have had several great visits, and have referred others.

I feel horrible for the original poster, who was in pain, and frustrated.To the person (s) who ommented, I would like to bring your attention to what a narrow-minded view you have person was unable to get their mammogram or pap smears or their colonoscopies, when they discovered they had cancer, should their oncologist treat them that way? Are doctors in a hospital or office able to say things like "well, their poor health care is not my fault"? That wouldn't be tolerated in the medical profession, or any other profession- so why is it okay to say things like that in dentristy? It's not- period. That kind of self righteous behavior has no place in the medical industry-period.

I would also like to mention that in this country, dental care is often treated as an "option". If you are poor and on welfare, the government will pay for it. But what about the working poor?

to sad Bismarck, North Dakota, United States #655876

Some Dental stuff is genetic. I too have had an extremely bad experience with aspen dental on MERLE HAY ROAD.

The staff is completely non professional. They do not take the time to find out what the problem was actually cause from and they do not by any means have any compassion for those of the patients that are having their dental work paid for by a community help. This is the most rediculous dental clinic i have ever came into contact with. Any other dental clinic if there was an infection of the teeth, or pain involved a perscription would be involved.

Aspen dental is a load of crock that i'm sure should not of ever gotten there license..... I mean come on ocean dental is better this aspen dentals *** excuse for service. if you got paid to do the dental work do it...

Don't come up with some dumb *** *** and call someone 2 minutes before you close telling them you refuse to work on their teeth because they called and complained about how your office manager spoke to their wife,...... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

simleonandon

If you took care of your oral hygiene, you could have avoided having full upper and lower dentures. Your neglect is not the dentist's fault.

If you were not comfortable seeing a dentist you did not know, you could have canceled your appointment. Aspen dentist in West Des Moines, IA has compassion

If you were not comfortable seeing a dentist you did not know, you could have canceled your appointment. But you have no idea what you are talkin about, where is your compassion!!

As for the patients in the lobby,it is important for people to see a person like you. You are the white trash 2011 poster "she man" of periodontal disease...Happy New Year!!

01/28/11...Had my bottom 2 wisdom teeth pulled at the South Side Des Moines Aspen location...I too, waited for 35-40 minutes for numbing with little to no conversation or explanation on what the procedure was going to consist of. I knew only that I wasn't going to be put under which made me a little nervous.

The actual procedure went OK, I was numb and didn't feel any pain, but once it was over and I was unable to speak, the oral surgeon stood up and left the room and his assistant stood up and left as well leaving me there with no follow up or instruction. After about 2 minutes, the assistant return looking annoyed saying that I should have followed her. So I made my way to the front desk where she gave me a VERY general post op instruction handout. I stood there waiting for some more specifics...don't use a straw until...avoid these foods...eat only ___ tonight and don't start on solids until___.

But nothing, she just looked at me and said ok, you can go. So, I had about a half hour drive home and the pain in my mouth is so bad I'm forced to speed and when I finally get to my pharmacy, I have a mouth FULL of blood to spit onto the parking lot because they gave me NO GAUZE!!!!...Unfortunately, I am not an expert like Flossem Daily, and I'm sure this is my fault some how, but needless to say..I will be finding a provate practice for my future dental needs.