I booked an appointment to have a consult to get my wisdom teeth out and cleaning. After 3 1/2 hours at the office I was told I have 5 cavities, need a root canal, I had periodontal disease which I would need to be sedated and my gums scrapped. They also had me do a cancer screening in which I had to pay 60.00 and at no point can I remember a "cancer screening". I didn't know what to think really because I had not been to the dentist in 2 years so perhaps all of this was true.

The questionable practices soon became apparent when they tried to conclude my appointment with a meeting with the financial person in the office. I got so overwhelmed and felt pressured I just got up in the middle of her talking and left. My estimated dental plan was almost $5k. When I questioned the price she said "honey that's what you have insurance for". And I'm sure that's why they had 4 pages of treatments!

Anyway I went to a different dentist yesterday and I was told I have 1 small inclusion which she would fill and just needed a cleaning. I kept asking the Dr. are you sure because Aspen told me I need so much more. She said I never want to speak badly of other Drs. or offices but I'm glad you trusted your gut and ran.

I would love a class action suit against these people! I had to pay 200.00 out pocket for this weeks appointment because I wasted my free appointment covered by insurance on Aspen.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning.

Comments

henrius
Atlanta, Georgia, United States #779881

Rule #1- Don't ever go to a dentist with big, expensive advertisements. It means they have a high patient turnover rate.

Rule #2- Do not ever, ever go to a corporate-owned chain clinic. They pressure young dentists to produce high revenues by whatever means necessary.

Sorry to hear about that, I too was quoted as needed 5,000+ dollars of work by ASSpen Dental, only to go to another dentist who quoted 2,300 and said the recommended root canal was not at all needed.

DoctorOfDentalMedicine

If you have been a patient of Aspen Dental and you believe that you have received unacceptable dental care resulting in:

- Physical injury associated with the dental care provided

- Unnecessary, excessive or questionable dental treatment

- Poorly fitting or cosmetically unacceptable dentures

- Protracted pain after your dental procedure

- Emotional Distress as a result of your dental visit

- Financial abuse which you cannot resolve with Aspen Dental

You may have a Legal Right to financial compensation.

A multi-state Mass Tort Lawsuit is forming against the Aspen Dental Group. If you would like to have your complaint against Aspen Dental considered for inclusion in this action, please send a complete description of your “Aspen” experience, including your name, contact email address and phone number to the following email address:

info@consultodont.com

Attn: Aspen Dental Management Mass Tort Unit

we are requesting that in your email you identify your complaint as being in one of the three following categories:

1.DENTAL MALPRACTICE – In which you have been physically injured by their dental “care.”

2.CONSUMER FRAUD – Includes cases in which office personnel of Aspen Dental used high pressure sales tactics designed to take your money with false promises of providing competent dental health care.

3.Combination of Malpractice and Consumer Fraud.

You can remain anonymous!

When you email the description of your complaint for inclusion in this action, simply request that we assign you a confidential identity. As a new patient, a reasonable person would not expect Aspen Dental to take unfair advantage of a dental problem – after all, they are considered to be a healthcare facility; however, when you sit down with the Office Manager to discuss your dental treatment plan it becomes clear that your money, not your health, is Aspen's primary objective. The job of the Aspen office manager is to force you into accepting the most costly and extensive dental work possible. This is termed “conversion” and is against the law.

Aspen Dental rewards its employees with financial bonus incentives for exceeding monthly production goals. This bonus system is based upon Aspen's internal use of “metrics” which pressures each office to compete against other Aspen offices. Unfortunately, since Aspen’s Management Team is composed of individuals whose background is in “consumer retail” – not in healthcare - they operate the dental care facility as a retail business in which you are not viewed as a patient - instead, you are simply a paying customer. Aspen Dental’s motto is: “To create a happy, paying patient.” But, unfortunately once you pay, you quickly discover that you are not happy.

This Mass Tort Lawsuit will effectively make Aspen Dental accountable for their acts through the unified and coherent voice of thousands of patients who have been wrongfully injured by Aspen Dental.

This Mass Tort Lawsuit will channel thousands of patient complaints into a collectively powerful force which will finally stop Aspen.

Interestingly enough when this new Dentist measured my gums she put me at 1's an 2's which I guess is really good...Aspen had me at 5's and 6's and one 7!?! I guess the higher the number the worse it is.

After I had my cleaning with this new dentist she said for not being to the dentist in two years my teeth looked surprisingly well...just a little tarter and calcium build up (forgot the word) but all of which was normal in between cleanings. She filled my inclusion which cost me $60.00 out of pocket (with insurance)...now compare that with the almost 5k Aspen wanted to charge me.

And to put Aspen into prospective...I went to a dermatologist years ago who was diagnosing people with skin cancer and doing bogus surgeries just for the insurance payments and these people never had cancer...needless to say his license was revoked and can no longer practice medicine...whats the difference with Aspen??

I have noticed from reading these reviews that a lot of people were told they have periodontal disease.Seems like many were told they needed different methods of treatments.Some were told sedation, scraping and antibiotics, others were told deep cleaning and antibiotics, others were told special brushes, etc. Is there that many different methods?

Is periodontal disease really that common?

Does Aspen even know what periodontal disease is and how to treat it? Or are they hoping that us patients will just freak out and pay for it?