Product: Aspen Dental Office Manager Clear all filters (25 of 25 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental - Not upfront with billing

1.6
Went in for an extraction, went over the pricing during a previous appointment. Doc came in, checked the tooth for a second and confirmed it was gonna be pulled. After the procedure, went to the billing area, where the office manager with "all" of my insurance benefits, went through and gave me the cost for the extraction, I paid on the spot. a few months later I get a letter saying they wanted more money, after going over my insurance explanation of benefits and what Aspen charged me with, they added on an examination which was not discussed in the office, and which was in turn denied by insurance. Not upfront with their pricing, Not willing to work to correct the error. Long story short, stay away from Aspen Dental in Manchester N.H.

At the end of the day when they figure they might be short to make their monthly revenue target and receive bonuses, they sit down and figure out what nuisance charges they can pad patient bills with. That is Aspen for you. If you look up the word "Scam" in the dictionary, you will likely see a photo of an Aspen Dental office.

It does not matter the price. Everything you buy at aspen dental through their sales manager will be junk treatment. Aspen's repo man will arrive to stick the tooth back in if you don't pay.

Aspen Dental Office Manager
Pros
  • Nice nurse
Cons
  • Lies about services
Problems with payment
Price reduction
5.0
Told to come early for appt, fill out paper work, I am 89, my wife 88 handicap, came at 12:30 for appt at 1pm, office locked. so at 1pm filling out paper work that could have been mailed since appt was made 10 days in advance. But oh my, we received many,many texts...

Any new building or renovations have to be handicapped accessible. What were they missing?

Appointment reminders bug me to death also. Blame so many people who forget their appointments. I don't care how good the clinical staff is, they will be gone in 6 months. Nobody decent works at these low-paying chop shops for long.

Might as well take the time to find a competent dentist in independent practice who will be there for years to come. How did a nice older couple like you two decide on going to a joint like A$pen to begin with?

Poor customer service

Aspen Dental in Chagrin Falls, Ohio - Rude and cruel office manager.

I took my 95 year old mother to Aspen Dental in Parma. My 95 year old mother questioned the bill and the office manager began rolling her eyes and was rude to her. I told her my mother was 95 and deserved to be treated with more respect. The horrible office manager didn’t care and continued talking down to my mom and rolling her eyes.

Aspen Dental in Abingdon, Maryland - No assistance from local area

I am no longer going to your office but I neede my xrays. The office personnel said it would take 7-10 days from my call. Its now 2 weeks and still no xrays emailed to me. I just called the office and no one answered. That office doesn't close for another 20 minutes. All i needed was to have someone send me my xrays to give to my new dentists. Your office manager is the cause because of personal reasons.

You know how long it takes to e-mail an x-ray or x-ray series to a new dentist? Less than a minute.

They probably got your phone number blocked.

You are old news, now that they know they aren't getting any more of your money. Hope you chose a competent private dentist the second go-round, and not another corporate sleaze shop like Coast, Great Expressions, or Dental one.

@Seasoned Dentist

Amen.....their only interest is money, money and more money.....they don't give a good dukey about the patient.

Aspen Dental in Stuart, Florida - Extremely poor customer service

On June 27, 2018, I drove to Aspen Dental at 3951 SE Federal Hwy, Stuart, FL to request the full set of Xrays taken recently at their office to another dentist of my choosing in Stuart, Fl. I signed and dated a release and was told it would take approximately 10 days to have the x-rays transferred. I called three weeks later and they still were not sent. I spoke with the office manager. Again after calling on August 1st and being told they still have not complied, the office manager was curt in her response to me stating that corporate is responsible. Please see correct this issue immediately. Barbara A. Sullivan 772-600-7736 Palm City, FL 34990

Good grief. Aspen uses digital x-rays.

It takes 30 seconds to e-mail digital x-rays to a patient or another dentist, not 10 days. And it is done from individual offices, NOT from aspen headquarters.

This is ONE matter your state board of dentistry can help you with. Practice laws in all states I am aware of mandate sending copies of x-ray in a timely matter.

The dentist MAY, but does not have to, charge a reasonable fee for this. Make the request via certified letter. When they do not comply, make a complaint to your state board.

To do this, you probably will need to state the name of the fake owner dentist of that particular office in your complaint. Finding the identity of that rascal will be the hard part for you, as they frequently do not even live in the same state.

Review
#1319489 Review #1319489 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Aspen Dental - Visit on 7/27/2018

on 7 /27/2018 I had an appointment to have teeth taken out , the week before I spoke with the office manager at Wyomissing , & clarley remember what I told her & even showed her , & it was still wrong on the 27 th only it was to late cause it was already taken out , & I am left with the bad one, th only thing she offered to me was to have it out & pay for it, I did not make the mistake she did & should pay for it out of her own pocket, & I told her so as I was leaving , I was also suppose to be put to sleep & was not, & the dr even numbed the area of the one that they left in. They have till Tuesday to fix this or I contact my lawyer , cause I am the one suffering for their mistake

Sad to say, I don't think you have much as a legal case, as you have suffered no permanent harm. If you PAID for IV sedation and didn't receive it, your were wronged and are due a refund.

If you paid for that extract you did not get, you are due a refund. For goodness sake, don't let that *** outfit try to construct dentures for you. Find a competent independent dentist to do it right.

Yes, it will cost you money - $3500-$4000- to have quality dentures constructed. But it will be worth it, as you can have them relined many times.

Ripped off by Aspen Dental's office manager

My husband has dental implants which were done a few years ago by his dentist in Bartlesville, OK. We now live in Holiday Island, AR. After we made some trips back to OK (3 1/2 hours one way) just to replace 4 O-rings his dentist offered to send a supply to our local dentist so the replacement would be less expensive both for the O-rings and the gas. The first time my husband asked to have them replaced at Aspen Dental in Rogers, AR we paid for everything as they didn't have the ones sent by the other dentist yet and the charge was $49 each or $196.00. After that trip we made sure the replacements were sent before the next time. We were assured by phone that they were in my husband's chart. His recent appointment was December 20th and the office manager wanted another $196.00 for the procedure before he was seen. When we said we were supposed to only pay for the dentist's time, we were told that wasn't going to happen. She stated that the O-rings in my husband's chart were there to replenish their supply even though she admitted we had paid for them the last time. We called the dentist in Bartlesville who said to get them back from her and that he'd put them in for free the following day. When we tried to retrieve them we were treated horribly. Once again we were told they were had replaced the ones he had paid for the last time. When we got mad (raised voices) she threatened to call the police. Aspen Dental needs someone in that job who can work with people and that has even a minimal amount of common sense. DON'T GO THERE.
Bookcrazy

I'm sure Rogers has many dentists in private practice. Very nice town.

Go to one of them. Forget about Aspen.

About nine posts down you will find another complaint from a man with implants who wanted A$pen to fabricate another implant denture. It did not go well.

These people can't even construct decent regular dentures, much less implant dentures.

Taking an implant denture to them for new o-rings would be like taking a jet turbine engine to a brake and muffler shop for a repair. It is just the wrong place for the job.

@Seasoned Dentist

My husband never got as far as the dentist. The office manager wouldn't charge less since my husband's original dentist supplied them with O-rings so we wouldn't have to drive so far to have him replace them.

AND she wouldn't give us the O-rings or send them back to the other dentist. She was replacing inventory with someone else's property, and said so.

We ended up driving 3 1/2 hours one way to get his O-rings replaced. She ought to be looking for work.

@Anonymous

I doubt she replaced inventory with your husband's o-rings. This corporate chop shop doesn't deal with implant dentures enough to inventory any parts.

The typical A$pen office is chaos. When the O-rings arrived in the mail, they were immediately misplaced or thrown away. What she told you was just a cover story.

See how nice your previous dentist was, to offer to mail them again FREE?

Chances are there is another nice private dentist like that close to where you live now. He deserves your business, and not a Wall-Street-owned, scam shop like A$pen.

An idea would be to find out what brand of implants your husband has, then call the company and see which dentists in your area regularly purchase parts for that particular brand of implant.

View more comments (3)
Pricing issue
Loss
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Awful Office Manager

Aspen Dental - Such a hateful office manager

My first and only visit to Aspen Dental was very pleasant up to the point of having to talk with Mandy S., the financial aid person, and apparently the office manager. The dental tech and Dentist, Dr. Goodman, were really nice and understanding to my wants and needs related to my dental care. Once I thought everything was finished with my examination and was ready to make my appointment for treatment, I was guided to Mandy's room to review my treatment "options." I was greeted with a snarky attitude and a question that was her asking if I have been saving money for treatment. I told her I would be paying cash, and thought to myself what business is it of hers if I have been saving money or not. As long as the bill is paid, then that is my business. I shrugged the attitude off, considering it was Monday morning. However, since she did ask the question about payment, I asked if they worked with a credit agency, if I did decide to change my mind and make payments. She said yes and handed me a brochure of a company they work with. I told her I would take it home to read the terms and conditions, and if I decide to use credit, I will let her know. She rudely said that I could not leave her office with the brochure, even just to read it. I thought that was odd. Couldn't even take a brochure home.. As the conversation about my treatment continued, it quickly became very clear to me that she was trying to charge/scam me with unnecessary treatment "add-on's." When I declined this unnecessary treatment option and stated to her exactly what I wanted fixed with my teeth, which was to fix just a couple teeth so I could proceed with braces from my orthodontist, she became very abrasive. As she continued to get defensive she made the following asinine statement to me, "Honey, it would be illegal for us to not perform our treatment options (the extra add-on's) and then have your ortho put braces on your teeth". I looked at her with complete confusion. I told her that this is the work my orthodontist wanted me to have done, and I told her I did talk this over with Dr. Goodman, and he agreed that would be good plan to have for me. She disagreed, yet again stating it was illegal. Illegal?? As we continued to go in circles she became even more argumentative. At that point I just gave up. I got up out of my seat to leave and told her she was full of {{Redacted}}and I would not pay for any unnecessary work. At that point she dramatically and comically jumped out of her seat and literally started yelling and screaming at me, like bloody murder loud, for me to get out of her office. I gladly left her office without incident. I went up to the receptionist's desk and asked her how I could get a copy of my x-rays. I, along with everyone in the waiting room, could hear Mandy yelling in the back. Mandy then came up to the receptionist desk where I was and started yelling at me to never come back. She said I was BANNED and KICKED OUT. I said that's fine, I do not intend to come back. I then asked her what her name was (at that point I didn't know). She refused to tell me. I asked her about 5 or 6 times. Then out of pure curiosity as to what her answer would be, I then asked what law they (Aspen Dental) would be breaking by me not accepting their add-on's. Of course she told me to "lick up the statute myself." Clearly she didn't have an answer considering it was a lie and she was just trying to add on a couple $$$ to my bill. Anyway, she went back to her office after a couple more minutes of her ranting. I then give the receptionist back the paperwork so I could get my x-rays, and she (the receptionist) very genuinely apologized. Like I said, everyone else there was as nice as can be. I then turn around to leave to find several people in the waiting room, that had heard this entire outburst. I was very embarrassed, considering Mandy was acting like she had been assaulted. After looking over reviews from Facebook, Google, and other sites, I noticed that this is typical with how she practices her position with Aspen Dental. Will NOT recommend Aspen Dental.

High interest credit cards, high pressure sales, don't care attitude, slipped in charges and more shady things than can be typed is just what aspen is known for. Welcome to aspen dental.

#1252045
@Anonymous

I had numerous billing problems with them. Eventually, got some money returned to me after involving the BBB, the CFO of Aspen Dental, and the State of NJ Pension (I am a retired teacher), Dental Benefits, and CIGNA Dental.

Get other agencies involved, and have your paper work in order. Be sure to copy each agency in on any letters or emails you have with Aspen Dental.

Have a paper trail. I no longer go to Aspen Dental and have a wonderful new dentist in his own practice that accepts my insurance.

NOte how Mandy resembled a typical "closer" on a used car lot or time-share condo racket. You had better believe A$pen Dental Crime Syndicate tracks her "closing" percentages.

Every day she doesn't close enough inflated treatment plans is a day she stands to lose her job.

All this pressure can cause employees to boil over and lose their cool, like happened in front of you.

Mandy did you a favor flying off the handle. If you had not have walked, you might have ended up with a boatload of inappropriate and unrcessary dental treatment charged on high-interest credit card. And much might have been incompetently delivered, and needed correction somewhere else at additional expense.

Not sure why you went to a one stop chop shop like A$pen to start with, but you would be better off finding an honest and competent guy or gal who owns his own practice.

By the way, you were right about something.

There is nothing "illegal" about sending you away without recommended treatment done. Especially when the treatment was probably inappropriate to start with.

View more comments (2)
Aspen Dental Office Manager
Pros
  • Employees were great except for the one
Cons
  • Wasting my time
  • Spammers
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Dentist
  • springfieldmodentists
  • southwestmo
  • dental work

Aspen Dental - Worse experience in my life

Very rude manager. 3 different dentist worked on me and my mouth is a complete mess they have no idea what they are doing!!! I am totally unsatisfied,I just quit going back because it just didn't make a difference and they acted like it was just me I will never go back nor do I recommend this place to anyone. I drove all the way there once just to find out the dentist didn't show up I was in a lot of pain the manager Steve more or less said too bad and I had to reschedule another appointment I was overcharged and had to ask to be reimbursed my money and according to their calculations I still owed them they finally gave me my overpayment back. There were so many different people working on me and I had to make a lot of unessacary trips.

At gyp joints like A$pen, staff come and go like flies on a fresh dog turd. Nobody wants to work there long once they see the scams perpetrated on patients.

Thus there is no continuity of treatment.

Even if the people that worked there were competent and honest coming in, management constantly hounding them for more revenues would corrupt them in no time.

A$pen is the bottom of the heap in dental employment and quality of patient treatment.

You had best find a competent dentist in private practice who will undo the damage that has already been done. Chalk the money you lost up to an important lesson learned in life.

Worst experience, overcharged, total mess, and a no-care attitude by all at aspen dental. Excellent description of aspen's scams. Tell everyone you know and run far away from Aspen.

Aspen Dental Office Manager
Cons
  • Service
Problem with delivery

Contact Aspen Dental Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
13, Ocala Ave
Jacksonville, Florida 32220
United States
Phone:
(606) 653-6206
All Aspen Dental Contacts

Aspen Dental - Office Manager Review from Enterprise, Alabama

The the"office manager " KELLY is VERY incompetent, unprofessional and rude. I have no idea how Kelly even landed that job because she doesn't have the patience or intelligence to talk to patients in the right manner. She hung up in my face and accused me of yelling at her when I did call back, then apparently lied to the Dr about what was said on the phone maybe she would have heard me had she done her job and listened and not tried to keep talking over me and assuming she already knew what I was calling for. She will DEFINITELY SINGLE HANDEDLY ruin Dothan Alabama's office reputation .

I have had a similar experience and I live in Wisconsin, they are very unprofessional and rude. I will never go back again, one red flag, new office people, new dentist, they don't stay long and nobody has no idea how the billing works, they were demanding money that the insurance paid, they never bothered to call corporate office to clear the balance to zero, just kept an open balance open due, just think how many people who don't look at their insurance statements pay unnecessary charges that are fraud.

Doctors force rude kelly to talk to unsatisfied patients. Did you ever get to talk to the doctor aspen dentist are bottom of the barrel

She is doing the world a favor. The sooner Asspen dental crashes and burns the better.

Seeing how Aspen offices start with a dismal reputation the day they open, Kelly won't have much ruining to do.

Aspen employees are typically hired from high-pressure retail sales. Kelly probably sold used cars or condo time shares before landing this job.

Take this as a warning.

Go find a good dentist in private practice. Stick with corporate chop shops like Aspen, and you will likely have your wallet emptied and your teeth messed up.

View more comments (3)
Review
#951942 Review #951942 is a subjective opinion of poster.