I went to Aspen Dental in Syracuse, New York on Erie Blvd. I was told that I had periodontal disease and would need to buy special brushes and spend a couple thousand dollars for treatment with antibiotics.

When I refused,they would not complete a teeth cleaning, insisting that I needed the special treatment. Long story short, I visited a periodontist and another dentist, and they both said that I did not have this gum disease. Aspen tries to sell unneeded services.

The employees were rude because I did not agree with the treatment. Be careful if you go there.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Services.

Comments

I went to Aspen Dental in Syracuse, Onondaga Blvd, and they tried to tell me that I needed my gums scraped because I had perio disease, as well as 4 cavities. I was given a whole sales pitch to buy this fluoride product and that toothbrush.

They tried to make me pay out of pocket for a filling I had gotten, even though my insurance covered it, and when I told her this, she acted confused and made up some story. It is a TOTAL scam. I am going to tell EVERYONE I know, as well as call channel 9 news and the attorney general. This place needs to be shut down for fraud.

I went to a new real doctor who said my gums are perfect, and that I do NOT have any cavities! Aspen dental completely lied to me- please dont let them do it to you.

Aspen Dental has managed to scam $323.00 in over payments from my insurance that was to be sent back to me. Both my ex husbands & his wifes dental cover my 2 girls and both insurances where billed.

I was smart enough to print a statement before the 2nd round of insurance payments and low and behold Aspen lowered their in network deductions reflecting a credit of $106 rather than $323... So adjusting their rates and insurance discounts is legal?

That is what Perrin De-Jonge at 866-273-8606 ext 1313 told me. I will be reporting them to the Attorney General.

i went to seekonk aspen dental this morning with my husband for a routine exam. everyone was nice until i was told i have periodantol disease funny thing is so does my husband.

i have ALWAYS had cleanings every 6 months and floss twice a day i think this is a fraudelent diagnosis and plan on getting a second opinion.in talking with one of my close friends over the weekend coincedently she was diadnosed with the same thing earlieer that week by t5he same girl jacky. i think they are money hungry vultures taking peoples money like nothing...

Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States #353927

I had the same *** happen to me at Aspen Dental in Seekonk, MA! They got me the first time around but when they tried to tell me I needed another "deep cleaning" a year later, I started reseraching and found this site.

It seems like Aspen Dental tries to sell this "deep cleaning" to as many well-insured suckers as they can!

Fool me once, shame on you but I won't be taken for a ride by Aspen Dental again! :(

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your recent experience.

At Aspen Dental, dentists are focused on providing comprehensive care, which means that they not only want to address any immediate problems that may cause pain or discomfort in the short-term, but also recommend dental treatment for long-lasting good health. Please know that it is not uncommon for two dental care professionals to look at the same patient and offer different treatment recommendations. This does not mean that one professional is right and the other is wrong, but is a reflection of what each dentist believes is the best course of treatment for that particular patient.

I am sharing your comments with the office team as well as our Patient Satisfaction department, which can be reached at please call 1-866-273-8606 or patientservices@aspendental.com if you'd like to follow up directly.

Thank you for your feedback.