Neoga, Illinois
Insurance Plans Acceptance

Aspen Dental in Mattoon is nothing but a joke. They charged my insurance maxing it out before they had even finished any of the sevices.

I had a set of dentures made and after 30 days of them not fitting. I could not even wear bottom plate due to extreme pain. They informed me i did not know what i was talking about and my expectations were to high. 3 days after my last appt.

I went to Dentist in Charleston. They had to cut bone spurs off new sutures and also remove fragments of tooth that were still in my mouth. The bottom plate will never fit due to tories or bone growth on inside of my mouth. These are extremely sensitive and send shooting pain when touched.

Aspens bottom plate cut right into the middle of them. I also am having to have a special plate made for my mouth in order to get impressions due to an automobile accident when i was a small child. Funny Aspen told me nothing about having tories or that the standard plates will not get a good impression due to the issues with my jaw. I can not eat food unless it is soft.

I can not have any spice because there is a place in soft palate. I jave fried working with Aspen and no one ever calls back after contacting customer services thri aspen. I am ready to file wth better business since learning Texas and New York have suits against Aspen. I also have sent complaint to Lisa Madigans office.

Do not go there for anything.

Its a money scam. The dentist i am seeing now is not only cheaper, they have better payment plans better office personal a professional dentist office and if you call with a problem they get you on within 2 days not 17

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dentures.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Topeka, Kansas, United States #1003897

People think constructing dentures is a piece of cake. In reality, it is one of the hardest things we dentists do.

And even harder, with the problems you have in your mouth.

You are right. The New York Attorney General blasted them this June. The Massachusetts Attorney General last December, to the tune of $990,000 they had to refund to patients like you.

By the way, it is customary to "bill out" the dentures to insurance when the final impressions are taken. There is nothing illegal in that.

If you had gone to a regular dental office and had trouble, your state board of dentistry could have helped you.

Not so much with corporate clown clubs lie A$pen. You see, Dental Boards' severest punishment is to revoke dental licenses.

When investors own the joint, and executives without dental licenses manage it, Boards of Dentistry are practically powerless to protect patients.

Glad you found someone to take care of you. Please tell your friends to write state legislatures to have dental boards develop ownership tests to keep greedy companies like A$spen out of the dental business!