Product: Aspen Dental Dental Service Clear all filters (82 of 82 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental in Concord, Ohio - Horrible!!!!

I hadn't been to a dentist for a few years. I had a tooth that had a cavity in it that I wanted fixed. I went in for my appointment (with no dental insurance.) Aspen took xrays and said I had 4 teeth that needed root canals and several other cavities. They set me up with care credit (I believe it was a $1,000 credit line) and went on to explain that all of the procedures would be over $10,000! Or, I could just schedule to have those teeth extracted for a few thousand. I walked out in tears! I decided to get a second opinion. I had 2 cavities, and did NOT need a root canal! How is what they're doing legal???

How is a scam operation like that legal? Actually, dental clinics owned by investors who are not dentists are illegal in most states.

Aspen is running a scam against state boards, claiming the employee dentists who work at the offices actually "own" the offices. This is a total lie. So then they give dentists a very low commission, and threaten to fire them if they don't bill high enough revenues. So the poor young dentists, many of them deep in student debt, are forced to diagnose and perform unnecessary treatment.

Then many times the front office manager wants to make bonus as well. Many times dentists say the OFFICE MANAGER adds and bills bogus treatment so she will stay in good standing with management.

Aspen Dental- it is not an office, but an Organized Crime Syndicate! Write your state legislator and demand your state prohibitions against non-dentist practice ownership be enforced.

Aspen Dental Dental Service
Cons
  • False charges
  • Boycott Aspen Dental

Aspen Dental in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania - We'll charge you more if we think you have money!

Your first visit is free--if you don't have insurance. Not if you don't use insurance, if you don't have it. I cancelled and will be going elsewhere. You can't trust people like this. Good job losing the thousands of dollars of dental work I would've sent your way.

I you had sent thousands of dollars of dental care "their way," you would have spent thousands of dollars of substandard dentistry you would have to pay an honest dentist to do over correctly. It is actually great they scared you off.

You might have fallen for their overtreatment ploys. PLEASE forget the *** corporate dental chains and find an honest independent dentist you can trust.

Pricing issue

Aspen Dental in District 6, Louisiana - Horrible. Run the opposite way!!!!

Was going to get work done and paid 2,000. First quote was 6,000. They got it down to 4,400 for the work. Called to schedule and they said they needed at least 3,300. This was after they said they only needed half. Asked for a refund and it's now been two weeks that I haven't received my refund. No one wants to help with the issue either. I suggest that no one deals with these people!!!!

Aspen Dental is cash-strapped with a lot of debt. Some patients wait as long as six months to get a legitimate credit balance refunded.

Heaven help you if you borrowed money to pay it. Their loan shark will be a nightmare of usuary and late charges.

That's the way they roll at an organized crime syndicate owned by Wall Street private equity types. Don't think other fleabag corporate clinics like Affordable Dentures, Coast, Great Expressions, or the like will be any better.

Aspen Dental Dental Service
Cons
  • Thieves
  • Customer service and pricing
  • Belittled
  • misleading
  • Overcharging
1.6
Went to Aspen Dental to have 4 teeth removed and get implants with a denture. Their advertising is a lie. The temporary plate I received is the worst looking and badly made thing I have ever seen. I told them when I saw this yellow ugly thing that I could not wear that...

Evelyn, "Why can't something be done," you ask? Start with yourself.

Why could you not be more skeptical when you see TV ads? Why did you not talk to other dentist BEFORE going to a chop shop like A$pen? Why did you not talk to REAL PEOPLE about their experiences with Aspen before you gave them all that money??? Here is the sad news: the stupid mini-implants that Aspen probably placed will fall out in no time.

They are famous for overcharging and under-delivering. Nobody but crooks demands all the money up front when they begin a complicated case.

Not much you an do except contact your state attorney general. After that, write your state representative and demand that corporation that violate state dental practice statues be prosecuted and run out of Dodge.

Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Price reduction
  • Unprofessional And Complete Liars
  • Cheap Dentures

Aspen Dental in Tanner-Williams, Alabama - I wanted my tooth fill, they did a horirible job.

All they wanted was my teeth deep clean. I told them I wanted them to fix my tooth. when I got home the tooth was not completely fill. I had already pd 302 .00 for the first portion of cleaning. I called to tell about my tooth and Jennifer was rude. I said I wanted back my money and should get back the 154, 00 for the filling. Sh e said they had plenty of customers. I wanted them to look at my tooth and make it right. but she I guess did not care. So I have a broke tooth and out 154.00 dollars, AND SHE DID NOT CARE.

You are right. They don't care.

Dentists know they will find a better job and be out of there in 6 months or less, so they really do not care about patient satisfaction. It would violate their contract to solicit you as a patient in any future practice. So they don't care about you.

Their goal is to maximize their commission during their short time working at Aspen, then quickly get out of Dodge. The next sucker dentist working for Aspen can deal with their patient loose ends.

Aspen Dental Dental Service
Cons
  • Do not stnd behind their work
Bad quality
Loss
Full refund

Aspen Dental in Odessa, Texas - So much for valued customer!

2.3
I live in Odessa, Tx. I have a horrible toothache and I called today, October 3, 2019, to see if they could get me in. At first, they thought I was a new patient and they told I could come in at 10:15 am, then I told them that I wasn’t a new patient. They then preceded to tell me they couldn’t get me in until October 15th. They just lost a customer.

But you misunderstand. A new patient they could have bilked out of thousands of dollars for supposedly "needed" but as yet undiagnosed treatment needs.

They could have only bilked you out of the money for an extraction or a root canal.

So they put you off. The bottom line is what is important at Aspen, not keeping existing patients who have already been bilked of money.

Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
  • Stay Away Bad Company

Aspen Dental - They are a scam company!! Don’t go there!!

I was calling around and checking cleaning prices from dentists! And I spoke to them on the phone Made an appointment for a cleaning and exam And they said the first exam and cleaning are free And then the cost of cleaning every 6 months would be 77 So no charge for your first appointment! And reasonably priced cleanings in the Future So went there this morning They took xrays free and all fine there Then the hygienist came in and did an exam and said I have gingivitis! And need a special 530 dollar cleaning! And did not even clean my teeth!! I left!! I was just at dentist 6 months ago! And was fine It’s a scam ! Don’t go there! The free exam and cleaning is a ploy to get you in there!!

The old bait and switch. Heard the story a thousand times.

Get the patient in the door with the promise of free stuff, then hook them with hundreds or even thousands of dollars for services they don't really need.

You are fixated on price, when you should be fixated on honesty and competence. What good is finding a cheap dentist if he is dishonest and recommends treatment you don't need anyway?

Not as described/ advertised
  • Aspen Dental Reviews

Aspen Dental in Waltham, Massachusetts - Extraction & dentures

5.0
I have to say the staff at aspen dental in waltham mass are outstanding I was treated extremely well from Roshelly,Jess&Payton with a special shout out to Jocelyn & Brianna my 2 new heroes are Dr Matute who performed the surgery & Fadi who made the most beatiful natural looking dentures for me God bless you all & thank you D.J.Rowe

Aspen's Vice President of Online Damage Control hard at work again!

You love aspen dental so much that the first thing that came to your mind was to go to a complaint site to post it. Sounds more like aspen dental's employees beating their own drum.

View more comments (1)

Aspen Dental - Conned by Aspen

I have been lied to and double talked from the beginning. Your trained sales staff only cares about the bonus from charging as much as the can make up to charge for. $5000+ later I have partials that are ill fitting and I can not wear. I found out today Aspen have received insurance payments for and not credited to my account. If I can find out how to join the class action suit I will join because I have some records they would love to add. Sad what Aspen does to good folks,,

Wow! The second patient in ONE DAY who reports his insurance payments were kept by Aspen after he paid them the TOTAL CHARGES up front.

Trying to get your credit refunded will be like getting blood from a turnip. They will gradually eat it up by adding nonsense charges to you tab until you have a zero balance. Too bad you did not go to a real dentist, subject to disciplinary actions by your state board of dentistry. They can do nothing to corporate hustlers like the ones who own Aspen.

In the future, stay away from all corporate dental clinics. Coast, Dental One, Great Expressions, Heartland, Affordable Dentures, Sage, and Western are some more corporate chop shops to stay away from.

Problems with payment

Contact Aspen Dental Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
13, Ocala Ave
Jacksonville, Florida 32220
United States
Phone:
(606) 653-6206
All Aspen Dental Contacts

Just wanted a extraction! Aspen Dental Owasso.

Scheduled an appointment on line for a painful loose tooth. They did alot of xrays, tried to sell me dentures, then told me it would be y insurance plus over $200.oo to pull the "1" loose tooth that is barely attached. My insurance is $1,000.00 which i will fight to not be paid for xrays of ALL my teeth without telling me anything prior to them taking. The dentist messed up my important health history 2 times and I corrected her. Then she did it a third time. Very poor business practices.

I don't know why they needed extra xrays. Aspen usually just asks to yank out all your teeth and pay for a junk denture.

Typical Aspen. Instead of treating the patient's chief complaint, for which only one x-ray, they take an x-ray series and try to steamroller you into paying or borrowing big bucks for treatment, a lot of which is probably unnecessary.

That is the way Wall Street shysters operate.

Find an independent office that will treat you off. Never go to a corporate chain clinic again.

View more comments (1)