Product: Aspen Dental Dental Insurance Clear all filters (117 of 117 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental - Unprofessional

i need someone from management to give me a call back at 5158682642.. the services offered at Aspen are very poor.

You must be kidding! Nobody from "management" (i.e mafia headquarters) is going to call you back.

They got your money and they sure ain't givin' it back! Bills to pay, lawsuits to defend, you know!

Review
#1651956 Review #1651956 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Let the company propose a solution
  • Unprofessional- Unhelpful Customer

Aspen Dental - They charged $699 because I ran over promotion period.

They will get their outrageous finance charge one way or another! Don't get suckered into using their service, or you will pay through the teeth!

I was wondering why all the aspen dental offices has the stink of pawn shops. If you brought your lawn mower or TV, aspen dental might have considered cutting you some slack. If you bought one of their junk dentures they might show up to repo them soon.

Best idea yet- Keep a savings account for families emergencies. Then you will not have to go to loan sharks to get needed dental treatment done.

You will pay through your teeth, then you may lose your teeth, due to their bungling of your dental treatment. But come to think of it, you will pay through your teeth if they don't yank all your teeth to place crummy Aspen dentures first.

View more comments (2)
Aspen Dental Dental Insurance
Cons
  • Entire experience
Preferred solution
Remove finance charges and I'll pay bill in full
  • First Dental Financial Is A Ripoff
Resolved
2.4

Update by user Aug 27

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau on 07/27/19 about Aspen Dental. Within 2 days I got a call from the local office from a woman saying she was new to the office and could not explain why I had to go through what I did. She apologized and told me she...

For God's sake, please don't take your children to aspen dental if you love them. Aspen only wants to rip out teeth sell junk dentures. I'm surprised they didn't try to sell you pre-teen dentures.

View more comments
Aspen Dental Dental Insurance
Cons
  • Poor customer service and insurance filing
Pricing issue
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental in Baltimore, Maryland - Failure to reimburse

2.0
February 14: Paid $130.00 for Diagnostic & $419.00 for removal of a lesion on my tongue& biopsy February 18: Carefirst paid $65.70 for Diagnostic and denied the surgery. March 6: Inquired about rebate of Diagnostic fee. Carefirst informed me that providers agree to accept allowed benefit as payment in full. Was essentially given the brush off. I am Leonard Meusel, 609 Fuselage Ave, Essex, MD, 21221, tel 410-574-0494 Surgery was performed at the Dundalk, MD office of Aspen dental

Leonard, it is not wise to leave so much personal information on a public website. Expect calls from scammers soon.

Just because a biopsy was not covered does not mean you did not need one. Oral cancer has made a dramatic increase because of a papilloma virus mutation. Biopsies are often covered by medical, not dental. Check with your medical insurance.

This will be YOUR responsibility, not Aspen's. Nevertheless, Aspen is a den of thieves, and you should avoid ever going to them for treatment, no matter what crummy insurance plan you have.

Aspen Dental Dental Insurance
Cons
  • Failure to reimburse diagnostic fee in a timely matter
Just pay me the $130.00 you owe me

Aspen Dental - To much for the racket they are running

With dental insurance the cost is terrible and the dental office will add it up baby. Found out the women you see for payment is married to the dentist. They added appointments for months in advance and added it to the bill, he did so many fillings and placed a crown took 4 hours with me up side down my blood pressure was so high after and I don't have high blood pressure normally. I cancel the next appointment for a top gum cleaning. I cancelled the appointment and ask them to take it off my bill it was almost $300 dollars. I couldn't believe it. The dead line for no interest I don't think I'm gonna make it. But I won't be going back to Aspen dental.

Having dental insurance at a joint like Aspen is like giving them a license to steal. They rip uninsured patients off badly enough.

Nice of them to collect money from a predatory lender far in advance of when they will actually perform the treatment, isn't it? The sad thing is you will be hounded and your credit ruined by that predatory loan shark outfit A$pen loves to use.

Better file a dispute now in small claims court. Otherwise they will have you paying for years for treatment you never even received.

Pricing issue

Aspen Dental in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina - ISSUE SETTLED...SORT OF.

Aspen Dental in North Myrtle Beach contacted me and although they will not clean my teeth due to some stupid "clean mouth" policy they have because of my Physicians Mutual Dental Insurance plan (which I canceled today because they use my money, not insurance, which I am also pissed about...do not ever buy their dental plan), they did cancel the $129.00 invoice they had been billing me for several months. They also apologized for the ill fitting partial bridge but did not offer to readjust it free of charge. They want to do more teeth pulling and bridge building. I have a Humana dental plan now with their prescription plan. Already having problems with them re: prior approval needed for some of my scripts but spoke with my doctor's office and they promise to handle it. Evidently, they have some pharmacist who thinks he's a physician and can dole out scripts as they see fit and *** with the patient's problems and doctor's treatment regimen. Will keep you posted.

Aspen Dental in Columbus, Georgia - Don't waste your time and money

I should have know better on my first visit when, the dentist told every patient, and I mean every patient I could hear her speak to, they had periodontal disease. Then she instructs her staff to do a $30 cancer screening but you are not told until after the procedure has been completed and then they tell you, it's not covered by insurance. But my real issue is with billing. I presented Aspen Dental with my insurance documentation and they checked to ensure it was current and accurate. But in the end, because they are so money hungry, they did not pay attention to the fact that the procedures they were doing would not be covered because I would exceed my maximum benefits for the year. To say the least, they sent me the bill and threaten to send it to a collection agency. It is not my fault they did not do a pre-claim and/or keep good records. As my title states, do not waste your time and money on Aspen Dental. It's not worth the headache and frustration.

You are right. Everyone who walks through the door at Aspen is diagnosed with periodontal disease.

They are told they need deep scaling, expensive antibiotic packets placed in the gums, a $130 toothbrush, and all sorts of other nonsense. In this way Aspen strikes gold with patients whose crummy dental plans pay money-losing fees for simple cleanings. By the way, EVERY dentist's and hygienist's exams SHOULD INCLUDE an oral cancer screening.

AT NO EXTRA CHARGE! It is part of our job when examining the mouth.

Price reduction

Aspen Dental in Augusta, Georgia - DO NOT FINANCE WITH DENTAL FIRST FINANCING!

1.4
So I got my fillings done at Aspen Dental and we decided to go with financing this way we can pay it off little by little. They said that we can use Dental First Financing. Well, everything I had done (just fillings) was done (by the way in a matter of 1-5 months they chipped, so don't go to Aspen either.) But it all came up to $2300 or so. Well, we paid it completely off and guess what..we're still being charged every month for the next 3 years because even though the balance is paid off, the interest still keeps going. They're literally charging us interest ON NOTHING. Don't go with them, you'll get ripped off.

Weird combination, no? First A$pen charges you big bucks for putting zero except cr@p in your mouth.

Then Dental First charges you interest on your zero balance. It's the old one-two sucker punch routine. First A$pen works you over, then Dental First finishes the job. One criminal organization refers victims to its partner in crime.

What you want the same Wall Street sleaze that own A$pen also has an ownership interest in Dental First?

Tell everyone you know. While your at it, complain to your state attorney general, and ask them how A$pen owns dental offices if your state has laws that only allow dentists to own practices.

Aspen Dental Dental Insurance

Aspen Dental in Panama City, Florida - Billed for services I am not responsible for paying

2.2
I keep receiving a bill from Aspen Dental that my insurance company is telling me I don't owe. I contacted Aspen Dental when I received the first bill. That person no longer works there, but aspen dental didn't tell me that. When I received a follow up bill a month later, I contacted the aspen dental office, and another person told me to send her the bill, a copy of my eob, etc, which I did. It has been almost 2 weeks, I called back after 1 week, and was told they would contact me about this bill. I still have not received any phone call or email regarding this. I will not pay for something I do not owe, especially when my insurance company tells me the I used a participating provider (aspen dental) and that the provider has agreed not to bill me for the difference between the provider's charge and the allowance for this service.

And the next part of your story will be that you were turned over to collections by Aspen Organized Crime Syndicate for not paying your bill. Look here is the thing.

Nobody wants to work at that sleazeball operation for long. Most employees leave within six months. Employees are overworked and underpaid. They are not compensated for straightening out Aspen billing mistakes.

They are compensated with bonuses for prying as many dollars as possible out of patients' wallets, and putting them into debt. They don't care that your bill is messed up. They just want more money from you, whether you owe it or not. It is not important whether you return as a patient.

Want to be treated like a human being rather than a cash cow? Go to a practice that is owned by a dentist, rather than Wall Street ***

Aspen Dental Dental Insurance
Cons
  • Getting no response and wasting my time
Poor customer service
  • Customers Service
  • Overcharging

Contact Aspen Dental Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
13, Ocala Ave
Jacksonville, Florida 32220
United States
Phone:
(606) 653-6206
All Aspen Dental Contacts

Aspen Dental in Ashland, Kentucky - Can’t give them money

3.7
Aspen’s Insurance Department hasn’t filed insurance claims for 3 different months of service. The Customer Rep cannot get a reply from the insurance dept. After speaking with 2 different “Corporate” people and leaving voicemail with customer satisfaction dept. still no email reply or call back as promised from “Corporate” No sure where to go next...or should I just send a letter to the Attorney General, State Medical Board, State Insurance Board, Better Business Burea and ?????

Chaos Theory doesn't even begin to explain the cluster-f_ _ _ that is Aspen administration. People coming and going after only short stays of employment at this low-paying company doesn't engender organization of any sort.

Your state dental board can't do much since you chose an office illegally owned by investors instead of dentists. You don't know that the claims were even submitted, so you don't know if your insurance company is at at fault. Your only hope is to obtain "superbills" of the service provided, file the claims yourself with your insurance company, receive the money yourself, then pay of the Aspen Organized crime syndicate.

Don't know why you chose a group of hustlers like this for your dental care, but you made a big mistake. There are plenty of honest and competent independent dentists out there.

Poor customer service