I went to Aspen Dental at the end of November,2009, because I was interested in having my teeth look better. I had no pain, no missing teeth, NO PAIN. The doctor's only suggestion was crowns for all of my teeth. She never suggested whitening or any other solutions. In my ignorance and because she just seemed so nice (this was Dr. Chowhan), I agreed. I was left sitting in the exam chair for 20 minutes until the "financial" person was available and the calculated total was $20,000.00!! I was shocked but then coaxed by the free financing into saying yes. When I got home and thought about it I changed my mind and called and cancelled the financing. The office was eager to get me back in. I made it clear, I only wanted to have crowns placed on my 6 bottom from teeth (which were misaligned due to crowning) and the two front teeth. Dr. Chowhan assured me that this would not look right and her only concern was my happiness. She said the MINIMUM I needed to due was all but three of my upper along with the six on bottom. Like an *** I agreed and th total came down to almost $15,000.00.

It was a disaster from the beginning. The first procedure that should have taken 3 hours (tops), took 6!!! because Dr. Chowhan decided to schedule other "customers" during my procedure. The pain was almost immediate, but I was continually assured it was temporary.

At one point, I told the doctor that due to all the pain with the top teeth, I did not want to have the bottom 6 done. At this point, her story changed from the pain being caused from grinding, to the pain being caused by my NEED to have the bottom teeth done because the lab probably made the upper teeth knowing I was going to do the bottom and now they didn't fit properly.

When the bottom teeth were made ready for crowns the pain got worse and worse. I was sent for a ROOT CANAL, at which point it came to light that with someone who grinds their teeth (something I told Dr. Chowhan from visit ONE that I do) that when there is a lot of work done, the pain I was suffering and the need for ROOT CANALS (not just one root canal) was normal. In Dr. Chowhans greed she FORGOT to tell me.

Then the bottom teeth come in, and even though they are the WRONG teeth the dentist puts them in. They then have to be taken out and now I am one day away from my WEDDING with horrible pain and temporary bottom teeth.

If Dr. Chowhan had followed Illinois law and provided me with the information I deserved and the information any honorable, moral, decent decent Dentist whould have provided t hen I would never have agreed to this procedure and I could have enjoyed the months and weeks before my wedding. I have had to change my honeymoon plans because of what this monster had done to me.

any question please contact me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Services.

Comments

They put me in the hospital because of an incompetent and greedy dentist. I would like to know the name of her attorney. I have written the attorney general of Illinois and have told everyone within hearing or writing distance what they have done to me.

Springer, New Mexico, United States #210802

I wish I had seen this video and review before I went to this piece of turd calling herself a DOCTOR. She reached right down my throat into my wallet!!

Springer, New Mexico, United States #200494

:( I agree this doctor should be in jail at the wrong end of a drill

this doctor should be in JAIL. she assaulted this patients with her incompetence and did her bodily injury.

Springer, New Mexico, United States #172358

NOTHING said it better than this video. You have an Aspen Dentist admitting she screwed up on tape then a copy of the false comments she made in the patients file in the Aspen Dentists own handwriting - then more tape of more lies and even the taped (video and audio) of an Aspen Dental OFFICE MANAGER laughing at the patients pain and when questioned by the patient being told by this ASPEN EMPLOYEE that he felt the whole situation was funny!!

This company needs to be torn apart and burned. Good luck to all of you that enter into the class actions suit.

Springer, New Mexico, United States #172003

Just saw the video. First I am soooooooo sorry you had to go through such a horrible experience at the hands of Aspen Dental.

You should contact the Doctor on here talking about a class action suit. Even if you have settled financially with aspen dental I'm sure your case should be included. It is obvious from the video that if you did settle, you did so at a time of extreme emotional distress and if you were not represented by an attorney ASPEN TOOK ADVANTAGE OF YOU!!

Did they pay for the nine root canals they CAUSED, the dental surgery to remove your teeth... Your video account from day one should be SEEN BY A JURY OF THEIR PEERS/PATIENTS!!!!!!!!!!

THE VID IS BACK OUT IT IS BASICALLY A BOOT LEG COPY SOMEONE MADE. IT HAS HUGE IMPACT!!!

WATCHING THIS WOMAN SUFFER FOR MONTHS WAS JUST HORRIBLE. THEN ABOUT HALF WAY THROUGH SHE CALLS THE ASPEN OFFICE AND THE OFFICE MANAGER (ON SPEAKER PHONE) STARTS LAUGHING!! AT HER PAIN. IT'S UNBELIEVABLE.

ALSO THERE IS A PORTION WHERE THE PATIENT IS TALKING TO HER ASPEN DENTIST AND THE DENTIST STARTS TRYING TO EXPLAIN WHY SHE DIDN'T GIVE INFORMED CONSENT AND THEN LATER LIES ABOUT IT EVEN THOUGH IT WAS RECORDED. IT WOULD BE FUNNY IF THEY DIDN'T CAUSE THIS WOMAN 6 MO AND COUNTING OF PAIN AND RUINED HER WEDDING.

THEY EVEN PUT THE WRONG TEETH IN AT ONE POINT!! YOU HAVE TO SEE IT TO BELIEVE WHAT THEY DID TO HER.

It was removed from viewing. I think the woman settled out of court with them, she ended up having 8 root canals!

two extractions, all of her bottom crowns had to be redong and about 5 or six of her upper crowns. This dentist was just a total joke. I wish that it had been taken to court but I understand the woman's point was faced with paying Aspen their blood money of 16000.00 plus almost 10,000 to the endodonist who did the extractions, another 2000.00 to an oral surgeon and a fortune to have the crowns replaced. Plus she was on medication for about 6 months straight for the infections Aspen Dental caused.

Her honeymoon was ruined.

If you want to see more about what Aspen did in response which included fake emails, there were two stories in the local paper recently. And an interview with a reporter who was receiving fake emails from Aspen where they pretended to patients is going to be broadcast on either NBC of CBS soon.

where can the video be seen?

I know this woman. She ended up having 8-10 ROOT CANALS, a bridge had to be remade because it was fitted so poorly and two teeth had to be PULLED.

She went to this office with nothing wrong with her. Soon she will be an expert witness for the PROSECUTOR>

I know this patient. six MONTHS and NINETEEN THOUSAND dollars later she is still working with COMPETANT dentist to fix what this MONSTER did to her.

Dr.

Chowhan should be thrown own of the dental business and go to jail for fraud since she misrepresented herself as a DOCTOR. :(

I know this patient. She ended up having to have TEN!!!

root canals with two extractions, plus both bridges this horrible horrible Dr. Chowhan put in had to be replaced. All six of the bottom crowns had to be replaced because they were just plain UGLY. It cost her almost 17,000 for all the work in addition to the 15,000 she paid this ripoff artist Nadia Chowhan.

Plus all the money she and her husband lost cancelling their HONEYMOON, etc to try and fix the damage doctor CHOWHAN did!!! I am going to twitter the *** out of this doctor and contact every community group in Bourbonnais and the surrounding areas including this garbage doctors home town of Frankfort and make sure everyone is warned before they even think of letting this fake doctor near them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this the same doctor who is on here pretending to be a patient!! wow lot of nerve which i guess you need when you do such shi--y work.

Any better yet?

Someone told me that you are the patient that Aspen has been contacting via email pretending to be other patient from this site. Can you post some of their emails.

This is outrageous. what a suck a-s company.

I hope you are suing this dentist as it is obvious, that his only defense is going to sites like this and pretending to be a patient. Why would he do this?

To try to establish rapport with you and other patients who have been victimized and the, as a patient, advise that you settle and do not sue.

To stop this, someone has to step up to the plate. You can't let them keep getting away with TORTURING people.

I couldn't find a video link is it still available. Would really like to see I work with a lot of disabled people and do not want to recommend this office (there is a new one here) to anyone if all of this stuff is really happening.

if they sent you some of these fake email pretending to be a patient. make sure and give them to your lawyer.

you have a GREAT case!!!!!!!!!!! Do it for all their REAL patients.

check your emails I bet they pretended to a patient and sent you emails also.

SUE them and let all of this come out into the LIGHT OF DAY put this company out of business. :(

Posted a couple months ago. Any better?

Still in pain? Seeing a good dentist yet?