I went to Aspen Dental when I moved to a new city to schedule a cleaning. When I got there instead of a cleaning more than 18 x rays where taken so that the dentist may evaluate my teeth.

When I first called to schedule my appointment, I was not informed there would be that many x rays & they did not inform me that my initial consultation would not be a cleaning but a way to evaluate me & make as much money from me as they could. After the x rays where taken I was taken to a room where the dentist looked at my x rays said that I needed 15 fillings, a crown & not to mention a few other things, I again asked about my cleaning & she said that would be the next visit, also she was not the dentist that my appointment was scheduled for. she then took me to see her office manager who showed me a plan that would cost me over $4,000. My last cleaning last year I was told by my dentist that I only had 1 cavity, I don't understand how in a year I could have gotten so many, her explanation was that basically some old fillings needed to be redone.

The office manager kept referring to me as my love (which I didn't like ) because I could tell what phonies they were I said that I needed to call to schedule the appointment, but needless to say I will not be going back.

I would love to have someone with perfect teeth go for an initial evaluation to see what Aspen Dental can find wrong with them. Consumer beware !!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning.

Comments

Dear Timeoutlady,

I’m sorry to hear that you weren’t satisfied with your recent experience.

At Aspen Dental, dentists focus on providing comprehensive care, which means that they not only want to address any immediate problems that may cause pain or discomfort in the short-term, but also recommend dental treatment for long-lasting good health. You should have been informed prior to your appointment that your first visit would consist of a comprehensive exam, X-rays and consulation, and I apologize if that didn't happen.

Would you be willing to talk in greater detail to our Patient Satisfaction team to see whether they can help address your specific concerns? This team of specialists is based at our Practice Support Center in Syracuse and is trained to help resolve these types of issues. They can be reached at 1-866-273-8606 or patientservices@aspendental.com.

Sincerely,