in Dec. 2016 my husband had to have a right bridge replaced that was broken.

I was quoted a price and I told the clerk handling this that I was not able to have any further dental work done for my husband until I paid some of the bill off. I gave them a $1396 check, they financed $573 with Dental First and the balance of $1210.40 was a credit that I had on my account. I did not know at the time that Aspen had an account for me and one for my husband, but Dental First had it all on one account. In January a credit of $1210.40 was applied to my Dental First account.

The credit was on my account and not my husband's account with Aspen, even though the clerk that made the financial arrangement in their office was supposed to have transferred the credit from my account to my husband's account. I did not realize the error because I did not look at the statement at the time) I started receiving bills from Aspen for this amount. I called them twice, sent an email to them. No one ever called me back.

Then I received a phone call from a collection agency. I then started my own investigation and discovered the error. I then started calling Aspen Dental. They never called me back until I started calling them every day.

Today I finally received a phone call from them. They told me I owed the $1210.40 and wanted to know how I could pay it.

Of course, I don't have that kind of money lying around and I asked them if they could just add this back to my Dental First account. She said "no, that it had been too long for Dental First to pay them back for their error in refunding the credit." If handled when I first called, this could have been avoided.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aspen Dental Dental Services.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Very strange to have separate accounts for husband and wife unless they request it and have different insurances.

Billing is barely contained chaos at the A$pen Corporate clip joint. Clerical staff with no dental (or even accounting) experience are brought in from retail so they can be paid small wages.

After working a couple of weeks they know they will get the He_ _ out of Dodge quickly, so don't really care about straightening out accounts.

It's the collections that net the the bonuses, not reconciling accounts.

The only thing harder than getting a decent bridge done at A$pen is getting a legitimate credit balance refunded. These crooks are cash-strapped and not likely to give any money back without threat of a lawsuit.

Typical for aspen dental scam artist. F-you, we have your money so we don't care.

You don't want one of aspen dental's bridges or crowns in your mouth. They are made in China from recycled lug nuts.

Take it to the bastards at asspen dental. they deserve it.