Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental - Unnecessary bridge removal

1.4
9/21/17 accepted treatment plan $8,368 insurance discounts -4,329 insurance benefits _1,249 patient $2,792.05 (BS) After $3,600 out of pocket, ASPEN now wants an ADDITIONAL $2,800, for a total of $6,400 far cry from the $2792. I believe they push so many patients through each day they are prone to mistakes. They replaced a bridge for no apparent reason and chipped a front tooth in the process. $2,800 for the bridge which I was lead to believe was in the orgininal treatment plan. They will not admit to their mistake and demand the $2800. They screw you every way they can. Dr. Burgess is very arrogant and the insurance girls push you into products and treatments you do not need. They could at least repair the front tooth they chipped. Wtf

First of all, $4329 worth of "insurance discounts" proves to me the retail price is a bogus inflated fee. The whole "A$pen Experience" is designed to bait gullible victims in the office with supposed great deals, then fleece them of as much money as possible.

As if that were not enough, much of the treatment I see from those clinics is haphazardly planned. and poorly executed.

Amazing how many people fall for slick advertising. PLEASE seek a recommendation for an honest and competent dentist from REAL PEOPLE YOU KNOW PERSONALLY, not online reviews.

Review
Cons
  • Whole aspen dental experience
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental in Pickerington, Ohio - Complaint

I was told that my dentures would be completed BEFORE my trip to Boston ( july 5th 2018 ) ... the impression wasn't done properly and even though I told them, it was not done over. My 1st appointment back, wax mold, it literally fell out of my mouth. I swear EVERYONE in there is under 30yrs old because they lack basic comprehension skills. I finally AFTER them literally fitting my healing denture then getting the right fit, making the only teeth I have fit differently, in a bad way. It finally fit after 3 weeks of getting the run around, disrespectful customer service from the recently graduated student who didn't do the 1st impression right, to be called " angry " after I politely asked to speak to a manager, the dentist himself was very rude , DON'T make an appointment on Friday's ... ONLY for me to get a pain after eating with my new teeth, I call them for them to say that I have to wait A WEEK for a 10-15 minute shaving down on 1spot! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND the office on Blacklick estates. Very unprofessional CHILDREN working there. However, the receptionist Taylor and the guy named Leroy White are AWESOME
AliveCoati314

I also have a complaint on this site, I am sorry to see that your problem is worse than mine but I feel for your distress, and hope it works out ok. Unfortunately there are others who I would say "prowl" this database to literally beat up on the people with complaints and go so far as to harass them, adding insult to injury.

So if that happens just report them. Good Luck!

Not a great idea to have a hard deadline to get dentures in the mouth. Anything can happen.

Lab can mess up, a step need to be repeated, a certain size and color of tooth is out of stock. Best to allow 1.5 to 2 months for a quality denture to be fabricated. However, you could give a sleazebag clinic full of newbies 6 months and it still wouldn't be done right. No kidding everyone working there is under 30 years old.

You really think that anyone over 30 would work scamming patients for low wages in a sweatshop like Aspen?

You want quality care, you got to go to an experienced dentist in private practice. It's so worth the money to get the job done right.

@ClydeDDS

I had no clue that a company as " reputable " as they are supposed to be , that THIS is what I'd be met with! Back to the ole drawing board, I go... thoroughly dissatisfied and disappointed

@Anonymous

Any dentist that has to advertise on TV to get patients is one you should not go to. Who do you think ultimately pays for all the expensive TV ads? Why it's the suckers who are the patients.

View more comments (3)
Review
Pros
  • Receptionist named taylor
  • Guy that crafted them named leroy

Aspen Dental - Trying to overcharge me

2.2
This company after i had a consultation they gave me a quote as to the total amt i owed so i had my teeth pulled a partial made and then i go to pick up my partial and they ask me to pay $1700.00 more dollars that i dont have. They wouldnt let me have my partial. We still dont have this resolved and im missing front teeth!

Here is a big surprise for you. When you get your partial, it will be a temporary partial that will break in a short time.

Definitive cast metal partials cannot be fabricated until months later, when the bone and gums have healed. It is a much longer and more complicated process than you imagined. Quite a mistake you made not taking care of your teeth and saving them. Welcome to the Aspen Dental Victim's Club.

Don't despair. You will have a lot of company in the club!

@ClydeDDS

Clyde, Your comment was absolutely abhorrent. I am 50 have taken care of my teeth my entire life, spending over $100,000 I woke up today with my jaw the size of a baseball.

My DDS, DMD and Prothodontist all said it’s time to stop throwing good money after bad. You may want to Zip it on your rude attacks. If you’re so good put your name on here. I will be flying to Chicago to see Dr.

Law, because he does everything correct the first time and has more integrity than any other DDS I have ever used.

He also doesn’t have time to attack people he doesn’t know about dental hygiene. He’s to busy teaching at Northwestern when not tending to hi practice

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service

Aspen Dental in Oak Ridge, Tennessee - Omg exactly the same!

2.0
My experience is pretty exactly the same as the comment below mine...loved the first dentist he was great, bridge took forever , 2 insurance plans plus paid over $2000 supposed to be all-after months and months finally done and says now owe over $1000! Ugh-wtf?! And front office staff extremely rude, dr.brown not at all gentle caring or even remember 2 days later who you are why youre there. Awful!

A$pen is a revolving door for dentists. No decent doc works at a sleazy corporate joint like A$pen for long, especially after seeing patients butchered and scammed.

Not many bridges are done these days with the high success rate of implants. So many tooth roots die and need root canals after being cut down for bridges. You can bet your bottom dollar that when you DO get your crummy made-in-China A$pen bridge, it will have to be redone in your lifetime.

Go to a competent independent dentist, and be treated humanely. Go to a floozy joint like A$pen that gets patients from lying TV ads, and you take your chances.

Aspen Dental - Terrible

2.0
About manager threatening me to have police waiting on my husband if he comes in person to despite his bill
Problems with payment

Aspen Dental in Ocala, Florida - Worst experience I ever had

I called them on the phone and ask them if they took Medicaid or Medicare they said yes when I got to the office they said oh I'm sorry we're not in your coverage deal but we have a free exam and x-rays so why don't you just see what's going on first they must have took 20 x-rays oh I've got bad bone disease I can't even have implants my bones so bad I've got to get these teeth out of my face next thing I know they pulled off 15 teeth this woman didn't pull my teeth she busted them out she kept pulling them back and forth back and forth until they snapped off in my in my face and all I kept hearing was *** *** *** I said I asked her if I was that my teeth her and the assistant started laughing yet took her under a minute to rip them all my mouth they talked me into signing up for some assistance I asked him how much is it going to cost to get my top teeth taken care of they told me $2,000 well now supposably it was $2,000 just to rip the teeth out of my face it's going to be more money to get me teeth after going I find this out after going back I went back a week later complaining of a piece of tooth coming through my gum and cutting into my lip that's when I found out about the $2,000 after telling the dentist thank God she doesn't sell used cars she got highly offended she got nasty she threatened me while I was sitting in the seat I literally had to bite my lip I have pieces of teeth cutting through my gums and I'll refuse to go back back there Sad

Pissed. Same owner ..

villages & Ocala. (FYI.. not using my real name here) I scheduled an appointment for a cleaning as a new patient. The first available appt was here in the villages.

I waited for this appt. I get here and I’m told that I’m not getting my teeth cleaned today. I said what??? The dental assistant told me their policy is first to x-ray me and evaluate me.

That’s my 1st appt. Then I come back, and that their FIRST available cleaning is in December. (December! It’s Aug7th today!!

You can’t make this stuff up )Then she tells me it’s the law. Ok. It’s the law. So I told them when I called to make the appointment at your “call center” it was NEVER mentioned that it’s a two-part appointment and that your 1st avaiis DECEMBER!!

4 months away!!! I scheduled a cleaning for today! I specifically told the girl that I needed a cleaning before 10 August & that I had an event coming up. So, in essence this was a complete waste of my time and I NEVER would have agreed to this ridiculous timeframe.

I could have searched for another dentist. Apparently the person at the call center didn’t know her job and I said to the guy behind the desk where is the office manager? The manager wasn’t there. I asked if I could speak to the dentist.

I did not get to speak to the dentist. The staff said that they were going to review “the call from the call center” - Like that’s going to do me any good today. Here’s another little detail. I was quoted $70 as a new patient for a cleaning.

These people at this office in the Villages said that’s incorrect as well. What a total sham. Whoever owns this franchise you should know about this. To the general public be warned to double check all the information you get from this company before you schedule an appointment with Aspen dental.

I’m currently at the one in the villages writing this from the parking lot I’m so upset.The call center People apparently don’t know their job. As for the people at Aspen dental in the villages they weren’t very sympathetic that I drove 45 minutes to get here Plus I had to premedicate prior to this appointment. No courtesy was given to me to possibly fit me in at a diff location, somewhere after getting examined and x-rayed today, nothing zero zip. Wow all I have to say is in today’s day and age if you don’t have customer service good luck to you.

I told them I was going to leave this review. They didn’t care about that either.

My suggestion ?.....go somewhere else because you may not get what you’re expecting, what you were told.......and if you have a problem you may get the same treatment. In closing this is the first review that I have EVER written.

First of all, please- punctuation is your friend. Try it.

It makes your comment much easier to understand.

Secondly, you are the one covered by Medicaid and Medicare- so you should be aware of what is covered and what isn't. Call the number on the back of your card will lead you to the answers.

Typical A$pen. Butcher the patient pulling teeth that should be saved, charge them more than quoted, and leave tooth roots and/or sharp bone in the gums.

They do better in a lot of third world countries for a tenth of the price. Medicare has never covered dentistry except removal of cysts and tumors in the jaws.

View more comments (2)
Poor customer service

Aspen Dental in Poland, Ohio - Nothing was done right and over charged for what you get

1.6
had teeth pulled and dentures made, went to appt to get wax fitting and they didnt have the upper in so had to make another appt. after the wax fitting went to try my new denture and the top werent done right so they used a dremmel on them then sent me home and told me to let them know how they are. the tops are crap and dont fit right and im sure they will charge me again if i go back to them. someone needs to make these guys do things right or get out of the bussiness. i will refuse to pay my bill and get a hold of an attorney

You say, "Someone needs to tell these guys how to do things right." Who exactly would that be? Because they are owned by Wall Street investors instead of dentists, your state board has no authority over them.

They get money from patients like you, and do not care if you are dissatisfied. They don't care if you never come back. They got plenty of new suckers coming in the front door who believe TV advertisements.

I wish you success with your attorney, but A$pen gets sued all the time and has more and better attorneys than you can ever afford. Next time, use an independent dentist for your dental care instead of an organized crime syndicate.

Review
Cons
  • It was not good at all
  • Whole aspen dental experience
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Aspen Dental - Tricky

2.6
June 2018 they will not listening to you or what needed to be done to my dentures instead they made a reline in my dentures when not necessarily needed and still dont fit period.They made it worser that makes a horse teeth looks smaller than what my dentures is.Plus they charged to Comenity DentalFirst financing and cause a bigger mess in my billing statement.All they had to do is widen a lil bit on top and bottom dentures without reliner.I might as well just go bankrupt and do without my dentures that I can’t use.I am on fixed income and I dont do hardships for anybody.Comenity + DentalFirst =Troubles!!

Relines don't usually change the looks of dentures- unless it is done incorrectly. Relines are supposed to only improve the way dentures fit.

But done incorrectly, a reline with make too much gums show, or ruin the bite of dentures. Relines take great skill to do right, which is why they cost $400-$500 each denture.

If you are on a fixed income it would have been better to pay a competent dentist to do it right the first time. Now Aspen put you in debt and gave you a denture you cannot even wear!

Problems with payment

Aspen Dental in Ottumwa, Iowa - I will never go back.

2.2
The staff was rude, unprofessional and lied to me. After a cleaning and an exam, I needed a root canal and scheduled one for the following day. They later called me and advised their dentist doesn't do root canals on molars. I was referred to a dentist eighty miles away. I will never go back.

Of course the dentist doesn't do root canals. Because he is right out of school and inexperienced.

By the time he is comfortable doing molar root canals, he will be long gone from the A$pen Dental office racket. Only the most desperate young dentists will work for this group of scammers.

You'd best move on to a competent independent dentist. It will save you a lot of grief later on.

Aspen Dental - Visit on 7/27/2018

on 7 /27/2018 I had an appointment to have teeth taken out , the week before I spoke with the office manager at Wyomissing , & clarley remember what I told her & even showed her , & it was still wrong on the 27 th only it was to late cause it was already taken out , & I am left with the bad one, th only thing she offered to me was to have it out & pay for it, I did not make the mistake she did & should pay for it out of her own pocket, & I told her so as I was leaving , I was also suppose to be put to sleep & was not, & the dr even numbed the area of the one that they left in. They have till Tuesday to fix this or I contact my lawyer , cause I am the one suffering for their mistake

Sad to say, I don't think you have much as a legal case, as you have suffered no permanent harm. If you PAID for IV sedation and didn't receive it, your were wronged and are due a refund.

If you paid for that extract you did not get, you are due a refund. For goodness sake, don't let that *** outfit try to construct dentures for you. Find a competent independent dentist to do it right.

Yes, it will cost you money - $3500-$4000- to have quality dentures constructed. But it will be worth it, as you can have them relined many times.