Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental in Stow, Ohio - Billing

Aspen dental billing is a complete mess. They charge for work that isn't done and even when you pay them they send bills for work paid months ago, now I'm getting harassing calls for bills I paid, need a class action lawsuit. My daughter went there despite my warnings. She paid all deductibles at the office and got letters and turned into collection. she submitted the receipts to both and they are ignoring the evidence of payment and still harassing her. Don't go here the work is good but the billing, credit services, and invoicing will cost you plenty...... Don't let them mess up you credit because they are either just incompetent or criminal.
AliveCoati314

I also have a complaint on this site, I am sorry to see that your problem is worse than mine but I feel for your distress, and hope it works out ok. Unfortunately there are others who I would say "prowl" this database to literally beat up on the people with complaints and go so far as to harass them, adding insult to injury.

So if that happens just report them. Good Luck!

LOL! Kids never listen to advice from parents, do they?

To explain A$pen billing, you would need to take a mathematics course in Chaos Theory. That is the only way to explain it. A$pen knows a certain number of patients will just pay the balance of any inflated bill sent them.

You and your daughter must really be a pain to them for not cooperative. A$pen Dental- It is not a dental clinic, it is a shakedown racket!

Problems with payment
Loss

Aspen Dental - Paid a Lot and they wanted More to just to schedule the remainder!

3.6

Update by user Sep 21, 2018

Also just to add that not only did I post a complaint with this site I also responded to their customer satisfaction survey on 8/7/18 expressing my dissatisfaction. Pissed because the only response they had is to schedule another appointment!!! Arrghhh!!!!!

Update by user Sep 21, 2018

Never heard anything in response to my complaint. In fact in their ignorance I just received an email to schedule my next appointment!

Over the past month I have gone elsewhere and although they don't comment on Aspen I did pay for additional descaling/cleaning because the $1072 "Deep Cleaning" from Aspen was inadequate. Oddly the day when I left Aspen my tongue didn't feel that "clean descaled feeling" I've always felt from other providers in the past of my 57 years on this Earth.

Bottom line is I wasted $1072 by going to Aspen Dental. And to reiterate, never got a phone call, email or letter in response to my complaint.

Original review posted by user Aug 07, 2018

Went in for a scheduled First appointment on 8/2/2018 and all the computers were down. Nobody could do a thing but I waited and eventually got an exam and x-rays. I paid $1072 that day on a $1528 treatment plan for work done and was told to wait a few days to schedule the remainder of the plan. I called on 8/7/2018 to schedule the remainder of the work as discussed when I was there. I was told I could not schedule the remainder of the work unless I paid another $273.60 just to make the appointment which no one told me as I paid the $1072.00!! They want more from me to just get an appointment! Something is very wrong here...

So if that happens just report them. Good Luck!

Aspen dental, over 3,000 complaints now. Worst dental office on record.

Way to go Aspen! Cut your loses and run.

You are right. Something is terribly wrong.

No dentist friends of mine ask patients to prepay for dental work done in the future. Some give them a discount if they choose to do it, but no normal dentists require it. When patients prepay for appointments, it gives A$pen ZERO incentive to make desirable appointment slots available to them. In fact, A$pen would be happy if you NEVER came back to get the paid-for treatment done.

Imagine getting paid for a service never provided! It is a profitable business model. Shysters behave like shysters. No surprise there.

When you go to a clinic owned by Wall Street shysters instead of dentist, most anything bad can happen. Seek an honest dentist who owns his office like h.kitchener says.

h.kitchener

Yes, "something is very wrong here..."-----you were scammed by Aspen, seemingly not an unusual occurrence. You don't say what, exactly your "treatment plan" consisted of, but I would contact them and cancel this so-called treatment plan and tell them to refund any monies you paid, less the charge(s) for the initial work they did, ie., exam and x-rays.

Then, find a dentist in your area. You will be much better served.

View more comments (3)
Review
Cons
  • Business practices injections to numb were painfull overpriced
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental in Quincy, Massachusetts - Worst dental care I ever Had never going back ...

they where supposed to redo my denture form the very start they never fit . went to appointment twice refused to re do the denture over. sent me on my merry way. thank you for wasting my time and money. pulling a healthy tooth just to sell a denture deceitful practice. numbing the entire mouth is dangerous I could have choked to death in my sleep waiting for the numbness to go away. ridiculous to have to wait 6 months to get my teeth cleaned. in the fifty five years that i have been going to a dentist I have never have such a bad experience. I would never send anyone there ever.

So if that happens just report them. Good Luck!

Congratulations aspen dental, over 3,000 complaints now! Way to go!

I am opening a new dental office and want to know how to scam like you. Call me at 1-800-{{Redacted}}.

Making good dentures that fit and function well is a near impossibility at joints like Aspen. First, fabrication takes dentists time, and dentists are always underscheduled on time at Aspen.

2nd, lab services are third rate. Some equipment, like a dental surveyor to design partials, is absent entirely. You would be as likely to get a new denture made at a taxidermist than at Aspen Dental.

Patients think they save money going to clinics like this. But how much money do you save on a cheap denture when you cannot even wear the denture once it is given to you?

I have been dickered around with dentures not fitting since the beginning of 2016, and guess what, they still don't fit!! Also since the beginning there are only 2 employees that were there when I started the treatment, new dentist and lab tech.

The new dentist at my appointment to pick up my repaired lower partial just jammed it in my mouth. There were no questions asked before doing so and it pushed in to the point I started tearing because it hurt so bad!! I was told to sit still and he woul remove it immediately...nice thought, but he had the thing jammed in my mouth so bad that he had a terrible time removing it. Some adjustments were made and I was sent on my merry way.

Oh, did I mention that this is my 3rd partial??? So I got homw with my lower gums hurting terrible and a denture that doesn't fit, and the paste they continually tell me to use works for a bit but has to be reused frequently throughout the day. My upper has now had 3 or 4 hard relines done. Today when I went for my lower denture issue and how the upper falls out even with paste, I was basically told that it was the best that could be done and use paste on both as much as needed.

I was ticked...I tolc the dentist that the upper fit good before the last lining done and there is no way I am going to deal with putting paste on them all day long, and I should not be expected to do so with what I paid for the dentures.

So after standing my ground with the dentist, he decided to do a hard lining, but it would be the last since it's hard on the denture. Ummm, okay, then make start from the beginning and make new ones and make sure they freaking fit!

View more comments (3)

Aspen Dental - No Smiles for me

3.0
I went into Aspen for a toothache , That day I walked out with a potential $7000 Bill. I was told of all the work I needed , first the staff was nice , The Dentist not so much ,I was told I needed a number of extractions ,I asked for sedation and I was told I didn't need it . The Xray pieces that was put in my mouth hurt. I asked about a week or so later about a toothbrush on display and was told I already bought it . Why I didn't get it in the beginning I have no clue . the end all is that I had a large dental bill and teeth I couldn't wear . My bad ,I waited so long to complain .

My experience with Aspen Dental was awful!!! I prepaid for new dentures which I am on a fixed income and money is tight.

I completed the xray and impressions however the dentures did not fit. The bottoms weredf too big and thick and not sitting in my mouth correctly. The top set falls out of my mouth. Aspen dental attempted to realign and still the dentures were unwearable.

The staff was rude and unaccommodating.

The dentist was extremely insensitive and unprofessional. I would never go back nor recommend anyone go there for their dentures.

Something way worse than your mouth is going to be hurting after aspen dental gets thru having their way with you. Take you money and good health and run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For goodness sake get a refund on the dental treatment you did not receive yet. Then go to a competent dentist who works independently

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • Whole aspen dental experience

Aspen Dental - Obviously not working for me .... went there a year ago with

1.6
Went there over a year ago with a toothache. 3 extractions later and a partial bridge still being worked on ... Nothing! Still major toothache. They sent me to a specialist ... $200 later, who said he can't do anything. Now waiting to hear back from Aspen to see what they can do. No call back ... Not surprised. Guess I will nag again tomorrow .....
Poor customer service

Aspen Dental - Terrible customer service!

1.3
I made an appointment as a new patient at Aspen Dental in Columbia, MO, took PTO for the "1 hour" appointment, completed all paperwork online well ahead of time, and arrived early. They took me back 20 minutes late, and the receptionist did not tell me they were running behind or offer to let me reschedule-a passing tech told me they had had an emergency that day. Tech did my x-rays quickly and competently, then put me in a room and told me the hygienist and dentist would be in to see me. By the time I had been waiting an hour, I was sitting on the edge of the chair ready to leave and go back to work--which was when the tech decided to come back and cheerily ask me how I was doing. She was followed by a silent man wearing a surgical mask, and I had to assume he was a dentist because he never bothered to speak, much less introduce himself. The tech was defensive when I told her that my appointment time was over and not a soul had come to tell me anything, much less see me... she said the hygienist was busy and the dentist was in a procedure. She never apologized and only offered to reschedule me as I was walking out. Terrible service, terrible communication, and the firm impression that MY time was worthless. If that's how they treat new patients when they're trying to earn business, I hate to think what they do once they have you hooked. Avoid Aspen Dental! Angry

The mistake you made is thinking aspen dental considers you a customer. Aspen only sees suckers in their waiting rooms waiting to be scammed.

You are exactly right. They are usually the nicest BEFORE they have taken thousands of dollars of your money.

They could not even give you the time of day. What could you have expected if you had paid them all the money for overtreatment up front? A$pen overbooks their young dentists. They are constantly rushing trying to keep up with the patient load.

It is good you walked out. At least now you will not be butchered and robbed of thousands of dollars!

Review
Cons
  • No communication
  • Wasted my pto and lunch hour but never received service
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • No Service
  • Poor Communication
  • Aspen Dental Complaints

Aspen Dental in Orlando, Florida - Terrible worst in my life

Poor staff rude hostile environment terrible products and teeth fall out all the time off my denture and several other patients

Please consider that aspen's workers there are pi$$ed off all the time because they are tired of the scams too and are close to committing suicide. I would be rude too if I was forced to shaft people all day long.

In this economy, with its substandard pay and working conditions, the only employees Aspen can get is rejects from other dental offices. Yeah, teeth fall out of dentures all the time.

That is what happens when lab techs are not given enough time to cleanse the teeth of wax before pouring the acrylic around them. Aspen patient want dentures fast and cheap, and this is what happens when we make dentures fast and cheap.

Review
#1320864 Review #1320864 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bad quality

Aspen Dental - I don't recommend Aspen

The girls at Aspen r rude an leave u on hold forever like there scared to get on the people I was just trying to ask Courtney about prices and they always make up excuses she's not there doctor needs to find new workers

First of all, the dentists are employees. They do not own the clinics.

They have no say in what office staff is hired. Second of all, A$pen offices are usually understaffed because they pay so little not many people will work there. The people they end up with are often incompetent.

You are barking up the wrong tree if you think A$pen will give you the time of day, unless you are prospective to dump thousands of dollars in the corporate checkbook. But once you do, you will be ignored just like you were ignored before.

Review
#1320294 Review #1320294 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Aspen Dental in Stuart, Florida - Extremely poor customer service

On June 27, 2018, I drove to Aspen Dental at 3951 SE Federal Hwy, Stuart, FL to request the full set of Xrays taken recently at their office to another dentist of my choosing in Stuart, Fl. I signed and dated a release and was told it would take approximately 10 days to have the x-rays transferred. I called three weeks later and they still were not sent. I spoke with the office manager. Again after calling on August 1st and being told they still have not complied, the office manager was curt in her response to me stating that corporate is responsible. Please see correct this issue immediately. Barbara A. Sullivan 772-600-7736 Palm City, FL 34990

Good grief. Aspen uses digital x-rays.

It takes 30 seconds to e-mail digital x-rays to a patient or another dentist, not 10 days. And it is done from individual offices, NOT from aspen headquarters.

This is ONE matter your state board of dentistry can help you with. Practice laws in all states I am aware of mandate sending copies of x-ray in a timely matter.

The dentist MAY, but does not have to, charge a reasonable fee for this. Make the request via certified letter. When they do not comply, make a complaint to your state board.

To do this, you probably will need to state the name of the fake owner dentist of that particular office in your complaint. Finding the identity of that rascal will be the hard part for you, as they frequently do not even live in the same state.

Review
#1319489 Review #1319489 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Aspen Dental - My dentures fit terrible I have been back several times

2.0
My dentist is not helping me at all He always act's intimidating to me and I get very upset every time I go back I spent 3000.00 for my dentures and I hate the bottom ones he keeps doing different things but I just need a new set They are supposed to be guaranteed I wish I could send you a picture of how they look They won't even stay in with the new maxi strength poligrip I want to cry every time I go Somebody please call me

So if that happens just report them. Good Luck!

1. It is considered standard of care to save at least two canine roots for denture support, especially on the bottom arch.

2. Making a denture, especially a lower one, is a very demanding task to do successfully. Young dentists working at a sleazy corporate chain clinic who are forced to use cheap third-rate labs are not likely to get it right. 3.

It may take at least two implants to make the lower denture wearable. For goodness sakes, don't let these fools do their infamous "mini-implants" on you. They come out with astounding regularity. 4.

You are old news now that they emptied your wallet. You might as well be waiting for the early return of Hailey's Comet as waiting for A$pen to answer your complaint.