dentist teeth office money dentures insurance appointment tooth dental mouth

Speak to HR | Aspen Dental review from Tulsa, Oklahoma

Have tried speaking with the OM and dentist of the office, they are trying to charge me for a product after my implants have been paid for and now they don’t want to place my housings

Not very wise going to a third rate chop shop to have implants done instead of a regular dentist. Listen to the above interview.

Dentists come and go at these corporate clinics like flies on a fresh dog turd. When something goes wrong with your implants, do you think the dentist who did them will still be working at Aspen?

The chance of that is about like Hades freezing over. Better find a legitimate dentist to evaluate those implants before you fork out any more money.

Problems with payment

Don’t do it | Aspen Dental review from Phoenix, Arizona

Three visit $1700.00 nothing better more pain
Bad quality

Horrible | Aspen Dental review from Syracuse, New York

Made an appointment and drove 30 minutes to the location. Was refused service at the location. No apologies or solution offered. The worst customer service experience I have ever had.

Mrs Barbara Nelson | Aspen Dental review from Sullivan, Missouri

You say on tv money back guaranteed .That is fraud it isn't true .I wouldn't take my dog to you.The place I went was Rolla mo it need to be close down.you ask to get the basic dentcher and they give you what they want now I have A pair of -1200 teeth that looks like horse teeth and won't give me my money back .

Nay, they won't give you your money back for your horsey teeth. They got your money and they intend to keep it.

Taking a dog to Aspen would be cruelty to animals.

Best thing to come out of this is you stop believing everything you see on TV. Besides Aspen, I wouldn't pay any attention to anything on CNN either.

This is true story. Here this girl was trying to do something for herself and this place completely ripped her off.

Its cruel and awful. How dare a company do this to someone?

You see all the time how a persons smile means so much, well with companies like this its impossible to smile. Shame on your whole company.

@Donna Monroe

It is not a good idea to go to flim-flam outfits advertising on TV instead of honest dentists who own their practices. No dentist owns any Aspen clinics.

They are all owned by a Wall Street private equity firm, Leonard Green & Partners LLC. And all they care about is taking the max amount of money from your pocketbook that they can get away with.

View more comments (2)
Not as described/ advertised

Complain | Aspen Dental review from Wichita Falls, Texas

Partial dentures a month ago need an adjustment have an opening n my mouth and can’t get an appointment they say no openings any time soon hurting real bad

No big mystery why you cannot get an appointment. Adjustments are no charge appointments.

Aspen's scheduling system ranks appointments by profitability, with things like denture adjustments and post-op visits being dead last.

You'll only be given an adjustment if there is a space which no patient wants that have profitable procedures to be done. That is the way the crooks roll at Aspen Dental Organized Crime Syndicate.

Never again | Aspen Dental review from Marion, Ohio

Our insurance said we could go there twice a year for xrays and cleaning. They did the xrays, said they did not do routine cleanings but tried to set up a $2500 contract for each of us, my husband and me, and said they would finance it. Instead of filling a tooth that was bad they would do nothing else till we signed those contracts. We refused. Then they tried to make us each pay them $123 for those xrays when they have a contract with our insurance company to do them for what the insurance will pay. Now I have to have a tooth extracted because they refused to do the work that needed to be done. I am going to a real dentist and I would never suggest to anyone to go to Aspen. We had the same experience at Comfort. The state needs to regulate these scammers.

The state cannot regulate these scammers because they are operating illegally anyway. No one can legally own a dental practice except a dentist.

Boards of dentistry have no way of disciplining anyone who is not a dentist or a dental hygienist. When you behave like a sheep and go to places on insurance lists, Aspen and Comfort are the types of scammers you end up going to.

You don't save money going to crooks, no matter what they advertise. Better to go to an honest dentist and pay a little more than go to crooks on a PPO list that will butcher your mouth.

Aspen Dental Dental Filling
Loss
Preferred solution
do the work you contracted with the insurance to do and fix teeth that need fixed. how do I put a dollar amount on losing a tooth?
Tags
  • Aspen Dental Bad

Stay away from these clowns | Aspen Dental review from Johnston, Rhode Island

I have (unfortunately) been going to Aspen for a few years now. I started with them in Warwick RI and saw a slew of billing errors and then decided to go to another location, Johnston RI. Not any better. They constantly upsell you- with or without your knowledge. I was given fluoride and was told it was just a "mouth rinse", only to find out that it costs an additional $50. That was taken care of since I went to the manager. Most recent one, as of last week, my wife ended up getting 4 fillings. They told me ahead of time that due to insurance paying x amount, my copay for the 4 fillings, including the office visit copay is 179.00. A week later we get a bill for an "overdue" unpaid balance of $32.00. When we checked with the insurance, they had billed for the highest type of a filling available-the amalgam. We weren't even offered the composite filling as a lower cost alternative. They wont accept payments over the phone, their website shows errors as you cant even create an account. They double bill office copays. If you don't question it, they make additional profits from unsuspecting customers. Someone needs to investigate these fools. It is getting really ridiculous

You got one thing wrong. Fees for composites are higher than amalgams.

Amalgam is NOT the lower cost alternative- but it is far superior to composite in durability. And the most expensive type of fillings are gold and porcelain inlays.

@Seasoned Dentist

Correction- Amalgam IS the lower cost alternative, NOT composite. And that is not all.

Amalgam is superior to composite in durability. You can get 40 years of life out of an amalgam, and only an average of 12 years out of composite in a back tooth.

Machele

We wonder just what it will take you you to recognize that you shouldn't continue to go to Aspen given all your complaints about them. Perhaps if you could find a real dentist in your area instead of Aspen you would do better with your dental care.

You go to Kenya and try to pet a lion. You get malled.

So you go to Uganda and try to pet a lion there. Guess what? You get malled again. It is not the location of the animal, silly.

It is the nature of the beast. An Aspen Dental in Warwick or in Johnston or in Timbuktu is the same dangerous animal!

View more comments (3)
Aspen Dental Dental Filling
Terrible experience always

Costly and improper fit. Upper dentures | Aspen Dental review from Williston, Vermont

3.5
I have been a patient at Aspen Dental since 2017. Cost of 5 teeth extracted, 2 glueing on of a crown and one filling has been quoted about 3 or 4 times anywhere from $3,000 to starter at $1200. I don't understand the billing sytem and why I ended up paying so much more than I was quoted. I finally received my dentures after 8 months. I have been several times and do not fit.

So how much money did you save going to a clip joint like this instead of a regular dentist? Of course billing is messed up.

How can it not be messed up when Aspen's pay is very low and their employee turnover is very high? The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

Nobody decent works for corporate chain clinics like Aspen. No sane patient stays at an outfit like Aspen for long, either.

Problems with payment

Terrible sercice | Aspen Dental review from New York, New York

i was in the chair for hour nd half and didnr get seen by anybody they did my xrays quick after that didnt see anybody had to leave so i could make it to work and had my app scheduled 5 hours before i had to be at work just pitiful

To call in a compaint | Aspen Dental review from Steubenville, Ohio

waited two freaking hours not to be seen by anybody thats ridiculous they better not bill my insurance company or myself