Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental review in Marion, Ohio: Never again

Our insurance said we could go there twice a year for xrays and cleaning. They did the xrays, said they did not do routine cleanings but tried to set up a $2500 contract for each of us, my husband and me, and said they would finance it. Instead of filling a tooth that was bad they would do nothing else till we signed those contracts. We refused. Then they tried to make us each pay them $123 for those xrays when they have a contract with our insurance company to do them for what the insurance will pay. Now I have to have a tooth extracted because they refused to do the work that needed to be done. I am going to a real dentist and I would never suggest to anyone to go to Aspen. We had the same experience at Comfort. The state needs to regulate these scammers.

The state cannot regulate these scammers because they are operating illegally anyway. No one can legally own a dental practice except a dentist.

Boards of dentistry have no way of disciplining anyone who is not a dentist or a dental hygienist. When you behave like a sheep and go to places on insurance lists, Aspen and Comfort are the types of scammers you end up going to.

You don't save money going to crooks, no matter what they advertise. Better to go to an honest dentist and pay a little more than go to crooks on a PPO list that will butcher your mouth.

Aspen Dental Dental Filling
Loss
Preferred solution
do the work you contracted with the insurance to do and fix teeth that need fixed. how do I put a dollar amount on losing a tooth?
Tags
  • Aspen Dental Bad

Aspen Dental review in Johnston, Rhode Island: Stay away from these clowns

I have (unfortunately) been going to Aspen for a few years now. I started with them in Warwick RI and saw a slew of billing errors and then decided to go to another location, Johnston RI. Not any better. They constantly upsell you- with or without your knowledge. I was given fluoride and was told it was just a "mouth rinse", only to find out that it costs an additional $50. That was taken care of since I went to the manager. Most recent one, as of last week, my wife ended up getting 4 fillings. They told me ahead of time that due to insurance paying x amount, my copay for the 4 fillings, including the office visit copay is 179.00. A week later we get a bill for an "overdue" unpaid balance of $32.00. When we checked with the insurance, they had billed for the highest type of a filling available-the amalgam. We weren't even offered the composite filling as a lower cost alternative. They wont accept payments over the phone, their website shows errors as you cant even create an account. They double bill office copays. If you don't question it, they make additional profits from unsuspecting customers. Someone needs to investigate these fools. It is getting really ridiculous

You got one thing wrong. Fees for composites are higher than amalgams.

Amalgam is NOT the lower cost alternative- but it is far superior to composite in durability. And the most expensive type of fillings are gold and porcelain inlays.

@Seasoned Dentist

Correction- Amalgam IS the lower cost alternative, NOT composite. And that is not all.

Amalgam is superior to composite in durability. You can get 40 years of life out of an amalgam, and only an average of 12 years out of composite in a back tooth.

Machele

We wonder just what it will take you you to recognize that you shouldn't continue to go to Aspen given all your complaints about them. Perhaps if you could find a real dentist in your area instead of Aspen you would do better with your dental care.

You go to Kenya and try to pet a lion. You get malled.

So you go to Uganda and try to pet a lion there. Guess what? You get malled again. It is not the location of the animal, silly.

It is the nature of the beast. An Aspen Dental in Warwick or in Johnston or in Timbuktu is the same dangerous animal!

View more comments (3)
Aspen Dental Dental Filling
Terrible experience always

Aspen Dental review in Williston, Vermont: Costly and improper fit. Upper dentures

3.5
I have been a patient at Aspen Dental since 2017. Cost of 5 teeth extracted, 2 glueing on of a crown and one filling has been quoted about 3 or 4 times anywhere from $3,000 to starter at $1200. I don't understand the billing sytem and why I ended up paying so much more than I was quoted. I finally received my dentures after 8 months. I have been several times and do not fit.

So how much money did you save going to a clip joint like this instead of a regular dentist? Of course billing is messed up.

How can it not be messed up when Aspen's pay is very low and their employee turnover is very high? The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

Nobody decent works for corporate chain clinics like Aspen. No sane patient stays at an outfit like Aspen for long, either.

Product
Aspen Dental Dentures
Problems with payment

Aspen Dental review in New York, New York: Terrible sercice

i was in the chair for hour nd half and didnr get seen by anybody they did my xrays quick after that didnt see anybody had to leave so i could make it to work and had my app scheduled 5 hours before i had to be at work just pitiful

Aspen Dental review in Steubenville, Ohio: To call in a compaint

waited two freaking hours not to be seen by anybody thats ridiculous they better not bill my insurance company or myself
Poor customer service

Aspen Dental review in New Iberia, Louisiana: Bad dentures and partials with bone spurs on lower jaw.

I had my teeth removed on sept 28, like others it was a long recovery period and my jaw hurt for over a week. My top dentures and bottom partials dont fit. In the whole 4800. Please add my bf to your list! His the one paying for it. Momma2wyatt33@gmail.com in abbeville, LA

Why do they need lawyers ?

Sorry, that class action lawsuit against Aspen was along time ago. Aspen has got more lawyers than you could ever afford.

After all, they get sued all the time. Getting dentures that actually fit would have cost you extra. How about those thieves, demanding all the money up front? What snakes in the grass!

You are gong to have to have surgery to remove that bone spur, before you can ever wear partials. Easier to get blood from a turnip than to get Aspen to do it free.

Product
Aspen Dental Dentures

Aspen Dental review in Rochester, New York: Scheduling

My appt. keeps getting changed. I made my first appt and paid for it and then recieved a call changing it. With the explaination that office is closing early that day.??? No one knew this ahead??? Next date was changed too. Dentist unavailable this time and again no one knew ahead of time??? New appt would be 3 weeks out from original xrays. Not what i was told when they were taking my money. Receptionist was rude did not seem to want to help.

You exist to enrich the private equity vampires of Leonard Green & Partners LLC, who own Aspen. Your convenience in appointments and the quality of care your receive are distant secondary concerns.

Aspen Dental Receptionist

Aspen Dental review in Oak Ridge, Tennessee: Overcharged

I went to Aspen in April and got an estimate for services: only what my insurance would cover (in full or partial payment after copay). I repeated to them several times that I could only afford treatment that was covered by insurance. They gave me a quote of $660.00 out of pocket. I went in for treatments in May and June and had paid the $660.00 in full in June. I got a bill in September for $338.00 beyond what the insurance covered and what I had already paid out of pocket ($660.00). What I paid out of pocket had not all been credited to the bill. When I went in October to have my teeth cleaned, they said I owed another $90.00 so I walked out and told them I wouldn't be back ! They are a rip off !

If there is any way to drain more money from you, the A$pen rascals will use it. Typical is charging for toothbrushes, oral hygiene instruction, laughing gas, and all sorts of stuff honest dentist bundle in the prices for services.

A$pen nickels and dimes patients to death. Patients often go to A$pen because they are on a stupid in-network provider list. (Which often reads like a rogue's gallery of dentists to never patronize.

) However, with all the upcoding that goes on at A$pen, and miscellaneous charges, patients don't usually save any money at all. They actually pay more!

Jayne M

After I told them I only wanted treatment covered by my insurance, they did not bother to inform me that they had performed treatments that my insurance did not cover and I was billed for them.

Aspen Dental Dental Services
Cons
  • Billing practices
Pricing issue
Loss
Price reduction
Tags
  • Trying To Rip People Off

Aspen Dental review in Middletown Township, New Jersey: Stay away from this place.

I went there looking for a new dentist because my old dentist retired. I have been getting great dental care for 20 years. When I went to this Aspen Dental , I have never been lied to as much as they lied to me. They told me everything was wrong with my teeth and I needed a deep cleaning. My teeth are in excellent shape because I had last saw my old retired dentist 1 month earlier. I really, really could not believe the things they were saying coming from a suppose professional. They thought I would be stupid enough to believe this stuff they tell patients. PLEASE, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

The best protection against fraud is a knowledgeable patient. Thank goodness your honest former dentist educated you well.

I am a little surprised, however, that he did not tell you to avoid corporate chain clinics like the plaque. Nothing good comes from these dens of thieves.

There are competent and honest guys in practice like your retired dentist. Ask REAL people- friends, neighbors, and business associates- for recommendations.

Machele

Which begs the question: since you saw your old dentist a month ago, pray why did you go to Aspen so soon? However, your suspicions about Aspen are correct. Try to warn people you care about now to go there.

Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental review in Enid, Oklahoma: Unexpected $$$$$ and pain

I have had four extractions done and a bridge put in, the bridge has a crack in it and I was told by aspen that it was fine, I have had it for two months now and have been in extreme pain for several days now. I have also had multiple appointments with them that were nothing but a waist of time, for example my 3rd appointment was for my new bridge, when I came in there was no bridge due to to fact that they had not taken the impression yet. Also had to pay $9,000 dollars upfront, and on 2nd visit they were asking for an additional $2,500 dollars that had been paid, they apparently put it on someone else’s account. I had asked to reschedule 1 of my appointments for after work and was scolded in the waiting room in front of everyone by the manager in charge for requesting a later time, I have missed so much work due to appointments that I had nothing done. Now with this new tooth pain under my bridge I am looking at a new dentist. I would like to be added to this lawsuit also

Not many dentists do bridges anymore- except newbies fresh out of dental school that work for Aspen. Implants and implant crowns are far superior, because teeth cut down for bridges often get inflamed and need root canals.

So the damage is done. You might need root canals on one or both teeth supporting the bridge. Get all the money back from these clowns that you can. It will probably take a lawsuit against them to get any refund.

Then high-tail it immediately to an honest and competent dentist who owns his own practice. Going to a chop shop like Aspen has cost you so much- both in money and damage to your teeth.

I hope this will be a learning experience for you. NEVER go to ANY health professional who advertises on TV!

@Anonymous

I appreciate your feedback on this, and you were right, I did need a root canal done, this time I went with a much better and Trustworthy dentist. It is disheartening to find out later I could have had the same work done for $5000 less than what I paid. Unfortunately the damage is done, due to their incompetence I am having to have bone implants put in where my bridge is.

Aspen Dental Tooth Extraction