dentist teeth office money dentures insurance appointment tooth dental mouth

God will get you for what you've done | Aspen Dental review from Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Cut my mother's mouth Auto pieces pulled the wrong tooth she can eat since you can't wear these parcels, they was supposed to make me a good set of teeth they made two and they're absolutely awful my mouth is so sore I can't eat and I can't wear the teeth so if there's a lawsuit going I'm in

Good luck suing these shysters. Others have tried.

They got more and better lawyers than you can ever afford.

Aspen could make partials until doomsday and they still wouldn't be able to get it right. Guess at some point you and your mother will try using a real dentist in private practice.

Refund not received | Aspen Dental review from Tullahoma, Tennessee

1.6
I asked for a refund for services not yet rendered, because of the unprofessional maner that was shown to mr on my innitial visit. They said it would come within a week to 10 days. It has now been 12 days and I have yet to receive my refund. Where is my money. Yall want your monet before you do anything..but sure dont get in any hurry when you owe someone. I will be reporting this to the BBB so others will know how bad the service is with your company.

Aspen's corporate bank account is like a Black hole in outer space. It sucks in all cash that come near it, never to be seen again. Think Aspen might be short of cash, since requests for refunds take so long to be honored?

Aspen Dental Dental Service

Pissed off customer because of broken temporary partials | Aspen Dental review from Clinton, Michigan

My husband was fitted with temporary partials and when he returned home he ate a turkey sandwich and the partials broke in half. I called the Sterling Heights MI office but they were closed. I called the Corporate number# 1-888-549-2292 and the lady that answered the phone said that number was only if I was in pain and she needed to reach a doctor for me. I felt she rushed me off the phone. She didn't seem to be concerned about our feelings. I was told that Wendell's teeth would be pulled and then a temporary partial would be made and fitted for his mouth but instead he was given this temporary partial before any back teeth were pulled. Wendell and I am very unhappy about the temporary partials breaking in half. Is this the kind of workmanship he can expect from Aspen Dental? Is this the kind of service he can expect from Aspen Dental? There is a woman named Bonnie who is the kindness and most professional employee of Aspen Dental. She tried her hardest to help. She made me feel that this issue was very important to her and that she wanted so much to resolve it. The lady at corporate didn't seem to feel the same way. That's too bad and too sad.

Yes, that is the sort of workmanship you should expect from the corporate gyp joint named A$pen. If you wanted competent treatment, you would have gone to a reputable dentist instead of the crookedest chain of dental offices in the US.

It is difficult to impossible to repair temporary plastic partials. Usually they have to be remade. Don't count of this being done on a holiday weekend. In the future, please remember that any health care provider advertising on TV is not worth a flip.

Who pays for the expensive TV ads? Suckers like your husband!

Machele

You should take him to a dentist in your area---definitely not Aspen. You now have an indication of how the rest of this will play out, and it's not good.

View more comments (1)
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Problem with dentures | Aspen Dental review from Nashville, Tennessee

Problem with dentures - Aspen Dental review
Newer teeth falling out and almost choked to death on a tooth.
Aspen Dental Manager

Very bad meeting with Dr Patel | Aspen Dental review from Conway, South Carolina

Lake Had my dentures made at Aspen Dental 2756 Church St. Conway, SC 29526, paid over $2,300. Always loose, having problem from day one eating, has to use lots of Fixodent. Was told to go back after 6 months for impressions and new ones, went back 11/22/18. Meet a *** name Dr. PATEL , 1st he said he do not has the stuff to do it until next week. I said, "What's going on? One of the other fella said he can put in a soft liner temp. until they fix it next week," Dr. Patel said he do not do that, so I talked to him harsh. He told me he is the new owner and he fired all the other people that use to worked there because they do not know what they were doing. I told him I do not think he is the boss and the people may be left the job because of him. He said ok he will not do anything for me and to leave before he call the police. I told him I will sue him and post it to FB. His service sucks, my advice to people never go to this place. What did I pay for. According to Dr. Patel Aspen Dental does not know what they doing... only he know what he is doing... maybe running the business into the ground soon...

Dr. Patel or no other dentist for that matter owns the Aspen Dental office you went to.

Wall Street sharks named Leonard Green & Partners own it, just like they own every other Aspen clinic. Patel is just the front man to make the scam look legal for your state dental board. I often put soft tissue liners in loose dentures to make them comfortable. In a few days I put a wash coat in and it makes the perfect impression for a lab permanent reline.

The lab will need your denture for a day to reline it, because the heat-cured plastic takes time to cure. Might as well give up trying to get satisfaction at this chop shop.

Go somewhere else with a competent independent dentist, and not another corporate scam shop. A lab reline will cost you about $400-$600 per denture

Aspen Dental Dentures
Pros
  • I like the people that use to work there
Cons
  • He is very rude and think he is a tough guy
  • Dr patel or his service
Bad quality

Patient experience | Aspen Dental review from Chelmsford, Massachusetts

1.5
I was told I need 6 root canals and crowns and a scaling cleaning with an out-of-pocket of $1,000 expense for that cleaning , 6 root canals, a total of pocket expense over $10,000. I ask for just a regular cleaning as so told I could not have it. The next day I contacted ,First Dental Medford Massachusetts. On the 21st I had an appointment at their office, I received a regular cleaning, was told I do not need a scaling cleaning . I received a regular cleaning. I was told I need one root canal with a crown ,one tooth needs to be built up with a crown on it , the rest fillings. That is such a difference in the treatment plans and cost .The only assumption I can make is that Aspen Dental is just a money-making business and not out for patient care patient or experience and not out to treat the patient right.

Same experience in Quincy, Ma. Went in for a basic cleaning a d xrays that my blue cross medicare ppo is supposed to cover.

They did not listen or give me what I wanted a simple basic cleaning. Insisted I needed a deep cleaning .

Refused to give me, the customer a basic cleaning waste of time... scam

Well, your assumption is accurate. Why are corporate clinics like Aspen such dishonest, money-filching outfits?

Because they are not owned buy dentists, but by wall Street private equity firms. In Aspen's case, it is Leonard Green & Partners LLC. The Wall Street types want 20% return on equity. 20% return is hard to achieve, paying all the expenses of a dental practice.

The only way they can do it is pay dentists the lowest in the industry, overbook their schedules, plan unnecessary treatment, and have lab services done very cheaply in China. Aspen dentists have told me that office managers even add treatment to the treatment plan in order to get their monthly production bonus! Every young dentist knows the rotten reputation Aspen has. So Aspen only gets the most desperate young dental graduates to work there.

Most are very, very deep in student loan debt. If they don't cooperate with Aspen's patient scams, they won't make any money, and Aspen will get rid of them. Aspen especially loves to sponsor foreign dentists on H1B visas. If these dentists don't cooperate with Aspen scams, support for the H1B visa is withdrawn and it is back to the third world they go.

Aspen and other crooked chains like it have formed a lobbying trade group and are buying off state politicians where they have offices. The goal is to get their employees on state dental boards so they can control the regulatory authorities.

Talk about the fox guarding the henhouse! Write your state legislator and demand your state practice prohibitions against non-dentists owning dental practices be enforced!

@Dr. Mathews

If this is the beginning of corrupt dentistry, we're in trouble. Lobbyists, politicians, and corruption overtaking dentistry leaves WE THE PEOPLE in DIRE STRAITS! We are in big trouble.

View more comments (2)
Aspen Dental Tooth Crown Services
Pricing issue

So Ridiculous | Aspen Dental review from Salem, Oregon

1.2
They made us come in for 6 separate appointments for one problem. Why? Because they get paid per the office visit. Who cares that we have to take time off work and it causes financial hardship. They told us how much it would cost to fix my teeth but conveniently left out all of the extra appointments and the *** ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH that I didn’t ask for and was still charged for. They offered to set up payment arrangements. After we signed the paperwork we found out it was through a third party lender so my insurance won’t actually cover any of it. Bank loans don’t count as medical services. This place is such a sham. Any legit dentist would fix everything in 1 or 2 appointments and wouldn’t saddle us with extra debt.

Dentists don't get paid by the visit they get paid by procedure. The less procedure they take to do a procedure, the more efficiency for them, since they have to sterilize instruments fewer times.

It is the procedures submitted to insurance, not the payment method. Submitting procedures performed correctly to your insurance should get you a big refund which you can use to pay off your loan.

Aspen's scheduling is chaos is the reason treatment was not scheduled in 1 or two appointments. Yeah, that electric toothbrush hard-sell is a big scam.

Machele

What can we say? We, here know all about Aspen because we see a relative plethora of complaints about them. "Forewarned is forearmed" as they say.

View more comments (1)
Aspen Dental Dental Service

I've never walked out of a dentist office before | Aspen Dental review from Enfield, Connecticut

1.8
After an argument with the receptionist around scheduling (she wanted me to make two separate appointments; one for an exam and the other for a cleaning), I was ushered into the x-ray room. I had x-rays done on my last visit so I declined. When the dentist came in she started giving me a hard time about not getting an x-ray. She said there was more radiation outside in the sunshine than there was getting an x-ray - which I know is completely false. Then she asked, "why are you even here if you don't want to take our advice." I said, "well I want my teeth cleaned and I'd prefer not to get cancer." She rolled her eyes, so I picked up my keys and walked out - last time I'll be going there. What terrible service.

Taking a jet flight nets you about twice the x-radiation than a full series of x-rays does. That being said, most corporate dental clinics take x-rays way too often.

Not too many dentists are interested in patients who never want x-rays. Maybe a dentist in Zimbawee might. Why not fly a jet down there and get dental care? Oops, you will receive a lot of x-radiation to your whole body on the flight.

ANY dentist has to EXAMINE you before cleaning your teeth. That is universal. Sometimes the two can be done in one appointment, sometimes not.

You sound awfully knowledgeable about the profession. Why not buy some dental instruments on e-bay and clean your own teeth?

Aspen Dental Dental Services
Cons
  • Seem intent on terrible service and upselling
  • Wasting my time
  • Unprofessional office staff and smelly waiting area
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Unsatisfied | Aspen Dental review from Mount Vernon, Illinois

1.4
Unsatisfied - Aspen Dental review
I went in to have two teeth pulled, one of the teeth had broke down within the gum line. It was bad no doubt about it and they pulled it i though with ease but when they placed the compress in the hole i felt a crunch. I told the doctor about it but he just walked out of the room ignoring my concern. The next day i realized he missed a section of my tooth hidden under the gum line so i went back in pain asking him to check and he looked at it with a mirror and said it was nothing. The pain didn't stop and my gum started to pull away from my jaw causing so much pain i almost had to go to the er. That next day i went back and they stitched the gum back over the chunk they missed saying wad my jaw bone. Went home and not even 12 hours later two stitches snapped free so i went back and once again i was told it was fine. Now im in so much pain because i lost a fraction of the piece of tooth hidden in my gums. I cant afford to have a second opinion and im stuck with the pain because they think im messing with it and not letting it heal. Not once x-raying it or offering to take any. I dont want anything to do with painkillers all i want is my mouth to stop hurting. 500 dollars for an extraction that they messed up on and won't seem to care to fix.

Not sure from the picture if it is a piece of bone or a piece of tooth. It is pretty big for a bone fragment.

I doubt leaving a fragment of tooth or bone caused that much pain. Probably the pain is from a dry socket. You are right, at this point most dentists would have taken a free follow-up x-ray to see if there were any more fragments. A$pen dentists are overbooked and don't have the time to do no-charge procedures like that.

Your experience teaches an important lesson: extracting permanent teeth in adults is a very traumatic procedure. Most of the time a good amount of bone is lost during extractions in an adult- even with a good dentist. Saving bone is just as important as saving teeth.

The moral of the story is not to let your teeth decay to the point where the only option is saving them. And the second lesson is to use a competent and honest dentist, rather than a sleazy corporate scam operation like Aspen.

Complaintsboard Website

2 crowns both popoff less than a year | Aspen Dental review from Independence, Missouri

They fixed 1st one no charge 2nd one wanted 200.00 just to look at it. Went to new dentist not aspen had to have crown surgery 800.00 now need new 800.00 crown made. My husband had 1700.00 teeth cleaning said he had 6 teeth that need fillings. Went to my dentist no teeth needed fillings no gums are reseeding. Big scam corp.

You got it figured out, lady. If there is any way to filch money from patients, Aspen will try it.

Aspen loves to use milled zirconia crowns because they can get them cheap from China. Trouble is, zirconia is inert and very difficult to bond to. If the prepared tooth is very short, there is no way zirconia will hang on for any time.

Often times metal crowns are actually better for back teeth. The shame of Aspen is that you get inferior dentistry but pay high prices for it!

Aspen Dental Dental Crown Service