Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental in Lancaster, Pennsylvania - Problem with dentures

I had a top full denture remade because of breaking teeth off. Now after 4 years the remade top full denture keeps cracking and after 4 trips back to Aspen for repairs they tell me the remade top plate isn't covered after all its a remake and i was told the remade denture has a another 7 year warranty, is this true ?

So that is how they weasel out of their "warranty," is it? Any numbskull knows that if an upper denture keeps breaking, the solution is to add metal reinforcement on the palate.

Of course, this would mean extra lab expense for Aspen, so it ain't happening. At this point, don't you think it might be worthwhile to go to a dentist who really knows what he is doing with dentures?

Aspen Dental in Springfield, Illinois - Overcharged

I went to aspen dental to have an abscessed tooth removed. The office manager came up with this $10,000.00 + dental plan that needed done (I had just been to another dentist and everything was fine). They said that my insurance would pay all but $3,800.00 (which I knew they would not pay because I had already maxed out my benefits) nobody would listen when I told them that they were wrong. They charged my care credit card for the $3,800.00, even though the work had not been done. I had another tooth abscess and like a fool I went back to them to have it treated, It was part of a bridge so they had to remove the bridge and the two teeth the whole time they worked on me they did not suction out the water I felt like I was going to drown. They are still sitting on over $2,900.00 of my money and will not refund it even though they are only owed $433.00 but because my insurance is so slow at paying I will not get my refund of about $2,500.00 until the end of November. If you go to them don't give them any money up front and make them bill you as you go along as getting your money back is {{Redacted}} I for one will never go there again the doctors Angry and staff anything but professional. Angry Angry Angry Angry

Yeah, pretty much everyone gets fleeced by paying their money up front. Normally we dentists can drill a small hole through the bridge to do a root canal.

That way the expensive bridge is not destroyed. Young dentists working there are pressured by management to produce, so cutting off an expensive bridge does not phase them one bit. Look, I can't imagine why you went to an organized crime syndicate like A$pen.

Maybe it was because they were the only ones on your insurance plan? If so, it would be better to cancel your plan and pay an honest dentist out-of-pocket for dental treatment, than go to a participating butcher shop like A$pen.

Review
#1382033 Review #1382033 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Poor customer service
Full refund
I just had my front teeth fixed for $800. Went to aspen,was told they were cracked and had to be pulled. Was Told i would get dentures in a week. Im on my second set and still cant talk or eat with them. They advertise $400 for dentures, but are charging $4,000. Was...

No $400 denture is going to be worth a darn. If you paid $4000 for a denture at Aspen it wouldn't be any good.

Because the inexperienced young dentists aren't given enough time nor decent lab support to do the job correctly. You are right.

It is a scandal they bill patients up front for all the treatment they possibly will do later. Nobody does this except corporate scammers like Aspen.

Review
#1382023 Review #1382023 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Aspen Dental in Troy, Ohio - It's stupid

They won't put atooth on my denture unless I get a doctor to see me for a exzame they Will Bill my insurance for the exzame I am late for work that pays the bills all I want is my tooth that keeps falling off put back on also it's under warranty other stores don't have this rule

No need to call him a retard

The word is "Exam." The tooth keeps falling off, and you just want to bring the denture in like a broken lawn mower and have them fix it again and again. Then the tooth will come off again.

They need to examine you to determine WHY the tooth keeps coming off. It is probably something to do with your bite. Then they can fix the CAUSE, so you don't keep having to have the tooth replaced.

MAKE SENSE? Denture patients can be such retards!

@Anonymous

I'm sorry that I spelled something wrong I didn't have time to see the doctor I work out of the state I only had enough time to get it put on there's nothing wrong with the bite also how can you tell if the bite is wrong if the tooth not there I was eating a NY strip that was a little bit tough when it came off

@Anonymous

The dentist would have needed to see you for under 5 minutes to look at your bite. You don't know if there is anything wrong with your bite because you have never taken courses in occlusion or prosthodontics.

If a tooth keeps falling out something is wrong, probably with the bite, and it needs to be corrected. You just don't hand a denture to someone for repair like you hand someone a broken vacuum cleaner to fix.

View more comments (3)

Aspen Dental in Ashtabula, Ohio - Is appointed

Because of this they are charging me more and said I can’t ev,en put it on my dental first. Very unhappy. Would not recommend at all. Had credit limit of 2500, then reduced back down to 1750, while in the process of getting a crown, now I can’t finish because they want to charge me extra and can’t even put it on my account. They won’t even see me for any work that is covered by my insurance. They’re a real joke. Would never recommend. What kind of dental practice is this? Now, I need to find another way of getting dental work done. Not good when your on a fixed income.
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental in Montgomery, Alabama - My experience was terrible and painful.

My name is Patricia Jones. I went to Aspen dental to get my broken teeth extracted. But I ended up getting of them removed because the office manager told that I can get my dental implants in 4 to 6 months. I find out after the procedure was over from the dental hygienist informed me that the office don't do Dental Implants. And I can't get them to fix my Dentures to fit better. And there are so many other complaints I need to talk about in a conversation. Please help me. I have been going through a lot of hurt, shame, and mostly Depression. And I need your help. Thank you.

Another victim of the Aspen chain of butcher shops. "Let us remove those pesky teeth for you, and put our great dentures in your mouth.

You will live happily ever after!" It seldom works that way. Some people can never adjust to full dentures. A lot of patients can't afford dental implants anyway.

Moral of the story: Some teeth and partial dentures is better than no teeth and full dentures. And Aspen is about the last place anyone should go for extractions and dentures.

Poor customer service

Aspen Dental in Texarkana, Texas - Awful

3.8
I have new dentures going on 3 weeks now and I still can't eat anything with them. I have gone in for 2 adjustments and still can't use them. I have been a denture wearer for 11 years now and my old bottom plate denture broke . I can't eat with them but not with a full new set from Aspen. I am angry and I want my money back. The dentures are uneven and really bulky . I can't connect the dentures when trying as I explained to them.They tried to convince me that it's because I have to get use to them and that is certainly not true. It didn't take me but 1 week with my old dentures. I am frustrated with these people and I am trying to be nice but these dentures are poorly made.

I wonder if they made a custom tray to make the final impression with? I wonder it they took an impression with a quality material, or just used alginate?

I wonder if they carefully estimated the vertical dimension of your jaw the teeth should be set at. I wonder if they did careful phonetic tests after putting your teeth in wax. I wonder if they ground them in for processing errors after the plastic was cured.

I wonder if the remounted new casts after about a weeks to analyze how the bite was, and correct it. Because if they did not do all these things, and Aspen usually doesn't, the patient gets a flimsy denture that they cannot wear.

Full refund

Aspen Dental in Enfield, Connecticut - Complaint

Aspen Dental - Complaint
I have been going to Aspen Dental in Enfield for years. This past August I had a filling done and soon after I started to have a throbbing pain in that area and consistent migraines. Because of expired insurance I didn’t come in right away and chalked up the pain to just sensitivity because of the filling. Four weeks pass and the pain becomes unbearable and I go in again. The doctor takes X-rays of where I tell them the pain is. Turns out, that the tooth in front of the one they filled needs a root canal. I was understanding that these things happen, even though it seemed odd to me that they didn’t catch that infection just weeks prior when they filled the cavity behind it. They prescribe me with amoxicillin for the time being and book me an appointment into November, with little information on what is wrong with me and I blindly just agree and go on about my day. Upon talking with a family member who is a registered nurse, she told me about how dangerous it can be to let something like that sit for weeks. And that I should get it done soon. I wasnt told by this office any information regarding severity. Later, i take a peek into my mouth. On the opposite side of my mouth, I notice this large black spot on the underside of my tooth. It looks like my tooth is completed rotted. I have very good hygiene, but have always had issues with my back teeth growing up because of how far back they are in my mouth, I never realized that I wasn’t getting to them enough. I had my teeth looked at this morning by two people, a male assistant and a doctor, and neither of them made comment of this tooth. I then called them, and I was extremely pleasant on the phone. I did not throw a fit I was not rude, I simply asked why no one commented on this tooth. I work in customer service and I don’t appreciate people disrespecting me for bad service that I didn’t have anything to do with I would never do it to someone else. I spoke with Lindsay, who was not helpful by any means. She told me “you were concerned about the right side so that isn’t all that we looked at.” When I tell you that this is clearly seen from the naked eye by someone whose not a medical professional, I am not exaggerating. I will include a photo. The fact that this doctor was observing inside my mouth and completely disregarded this tooth on the other side is disgraceful. I can’t even believe that she is a reputable dentist to have missed this entirely. I am beyond disappointed with this office. I am astounded that this was overlooked for so long, completely pushed aside when seen this morning. Under no circumstances will I ever be attending Aspen Dental again, and you can guarantee that this will not stop with a complaint. This is completely unacceptable.

You have nothing to complain about. Although they might not have been polite nor thorough, the dentist did not commit malpractice by anyone's definition.

You went for a specific problem and they fixed it. Then something completely unrelated blew up. Often times infected nerve problems show no signs on x-rays. Unless they charged your for a complete exam and took x-rays of all teeth, they had no duty nor responsibility to tell you of problems in the rest of your mouth.

When new patients come in to fix a broken filling, they often ask me, "How does the rest of my mouth look?" I tell them, "There is no way to know until I do an x-ray series and complete exam, which is a long appointment." Antibiotics alone often don't eliminate infections completely.

You should probably try to have the root canal done on the upper left within 3 weeks, even if you have to go to another dentist. It is a bad idea to go to corporate dental chains instead of regular dentists.

@Seasoned Dentist

I appreciate your feedback, but at the end of August when they discovered my original cavity that I got the filling for, they had done an entire set of X-ray. They then signed off on military documentation (like they do every six months for me) that I was cleared and deployable.

There is no way that my tooth rots like that so excessively in the means of a month. I just returned from a military deployment in February (2018) and had my checkup/X-ray/cleaning all done. They said I had cavity. I got cavity filled.

I then had pain. I went in today, they tell me it’s not the filling that is causing the issues it’s the tooth in front of it. But they looked into my mouth with a light, and failed to mention a giant block spot indicating a rotting tooth. They signed off on MILITARY PAPERWORK in August that I was CLEARED.

Again, x-rays were taken in August of this year. My tooth did not rot this bad in a month.

@Angelina DiBacco

You are right, Angelina. If you had a complete set of x-ray and exam for military clearance, they should have caught it.

A cavity does not happen overnight. Quite frequently I find that back teeth that had white plastic fillings need root canals later. Why? The etchants for the plastic fillings are very acidic, and can irritate the nerve.

Also white plastic fillings leak badly so bacteria can enter under the filling and cause pulp irritation. In most cases silver amalgam fillings are better for back teeth.

View more comments (2)

Aspen Dental in Deland, Florida - RUN!! don't walk into their office

Approaching 72 and feel like I have been totally scammed Live on a fixed. Small income , I should have never went there:( $1,144 to clean teeth, another $706 to fill 4 teeth and two weeks later I now need a route canal on one of those teeth he filled. I just want to cry , I don't know what to do! They sure are good at what they do scamming the public !

Yep, scammers do what they do best, scam patients. And you get scammers instead of honest dentists when you go to clinics owned by Wall Street sleaze instead of licensed dentists.

How do you think they pay for those expensive TV ads? Who pays for those expensive executive salaries?

Suckers like you do. You paid New York City prices, and you probably got third-world quality dentistry.

Pricing issue

Total scam this Aspen Dental

8/18. What a scam, as an elderly person living on a small fixed income, I should have left there after the consult and never went back $1,144 to clean my teeth another $706 to fill 4 and now I need a route canal on one of those teeth ,2 weeks after the filling . I am beyond discouraged , thinking of calling news media to expose such a sham.