Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental review in Phoenix, Arizona: Questionable Policy

1.4
Had my first experience with Aspen Dental today, November 12, 2018, at Casa Grande, Arizona location. Purpose of this appointment, to replace my full set of dentures, which were 10 year's old, and not fitting right. Anyway, it was not until after choosing the dentures I wanted, that I was told it would be 2 weeks before I could actually receive them. In the past, I've only had to wait 2, 3 day's to receive new dentures, also I was told that for $100, I could get this 2 weeks, bumpted up!!, this does not seem fair to other customers, kind of like jumping ahead of folks in line!!! As I haven't gotten my new dentures, I can't comment on the quality of them, or my satisfaction with them. My main complaint, is the 2 weeks it's taking to receive dentures, plus the $100 extra to get this waiting time pushed up!!! Also, the Aspen Dental commercial on TV, states, dentures in couple of day's!!!

1. It would have cost about a third as much to have had your dentures relined by a competent dentist, as long as they actual teeth were not worn out.

You can keep a good denture in service 20 years or more with relines. 2. Only idiots believe TV commercials. A good denture takes FIVE appointments to make.

It takes me as much as a month and a half to make a good set of dentures.

Labs cannot drop everything just to work on your denture just because your are impatient. On the other hand, relines can be done in a day.

Aspen Dental Dentures

Aspen Dental review in Portland, Maine: Terrible...

Not going into details. Too much to type but i will be going in tomorrow to get my records and go elsewhere.

Aspen Dental review in Houston, Texas: Not rite

My teeth r not rite They don’t fit rite My bottom gums aren’t healed up been a year Can’t eat Their not rite They tol me that I haft to pay if I need them fixed I paid enough they should be rite do I can eat Last August 2017 they pulled my bottom and 1 on top They never got my teeth right they threw away 2 sets cause they couldn’t get it rite The set I have now r awful u can see rite thtough them I never got my Permanent ones they said I haft to pay I already paid too much for something I can’t ware I just want someone to listen to me I will not Recommend searcy aspen to anyone cause they won’t listen to you You know ur mouth better then they do Please someone help me and tell me what to do

What to do? 1.

Turn on your spell checker. Posting with so many grammatical mistakes kills any credibility you might have. 2. Forget about Aspen.

You made a mistake going there. Your only hope is to have dentures fabricated by a capable independent dentist. Don't even think about going to another corporate chop shop like Affordable Dentures.

Decent upper and lower denture will probably cost $3500 or more. They are complicated and expensive to construct right.

Bad quality

Aspen Dental review in Spokane, Washington: DECEITFUL DENTAL!

I went to Aspen Dental North (Spokane) for emergency tooth pain on my left side. Walking into Aspen Dental North gave an excellent first impression. It appeared professional, clean and had everything a well equipped dentist office should have. They also offered “free” x-rays, exam and “Hassle-free” financing. All this lured me into a false sense of security. I went in to have my cavities filled and to go over all the additional diagnostic results. I spent 20-30 minutes consulting with the dentist about the procedures he was going to perform that day. He prepared me for the Novocain injection, which he then mistakenly injected into the RIGHT side of my mouth but the cavity to be filled was on my LEFT side. I attempted to stop him by raising my hand (which he instructed me to do if there was any discomfort) instead of stopping, he proceeded on and said “I’m almost done, I know it hurts.” When he was finished I wanted to know why he injected the right side when the work to be done was on the left!? He carelessly laughed at me and replied “It must be Monday!” (It was a Wednesday.) Due to his thoughtless mistake this led to me having to get ANOTHER injection on my left side for him to do the originally intended filling. This caused severe physical issues, I felt nauseous and shaky. I expressed my concerns to his assistance and she unsympathetically replied, “Oh, it’s just the medicine”. Then she proceeded to put the rubber dam into my mouth to prepare for the filling. I felt she was substantially inexperienced since it took her over a half an hour to place it after multiple attempts, all the while she was pulling my jaw open further than it could stretch to aggressively shove styrofoam blocks into both corners of my jaw causing me to have a muscle spasm within my entire jawline. Wishing I could just leave then and there, I only stayed out of desperation just to get the procedure over and done with, due to the intense pain from the cavities. Rather than having to seek out another dentist. For this traumatizing experience I was charged $2,019.00 to fill TWO cavities! I was outraged! I was persuaded to do my financing through Dental First. I offered to pay $400.00 in cash, up front but the office manager dismissed my offer with a reply of “put it all on financing today, your payments will only be $50 per month.” Not feeling well, I just wanted to get home to lay down. The following Thursday morning the entire right side of my mouth including tongue and lips were STILL numb from the wrongful injection. I called Aspen dental to report my concerns, the receptionist merely took my name and number and assured me someone would return my call. I never received a return call so I tried twice more and again on Friday. Come Monday, I was STILL NUMB on the right side. I finally got a call back from the office manager and set up another appointment for the next day. I asked to see a different dentist due to the previous negligence. On Wednesday I went in to be examined. (At this time I have still been numb for an entire week!) the dentist I saw told me that more than likely a nerve had been damaged from the (wrongful) injection and could take up to a month or more to regain feeling. He wrote me a script for Prednisone thinking it could help with the inflammation. It actually made it worse! After the appointment I went to the office manager to discuss my frustrations and horrific experience. Exclaiming refusal to pay $2000 for this malpractice ordeal. At that time I realized I no longer owed Aspen but I really owed Dental First. With the uproar I made in the office they just wanted me out so they gave me a “credit” of $1,346.00. Leaving me STILL with a payment of $660.00. Which I tried to resolve with dental first but in my findings Aspen Dental IS in fact Dental first and if i didn’t pay it would be sent to collections and tarnish my credit. Once you use financing you can no longer go after Aspen Dental for malpractice because now you “belong” to Dental First! In conclusion, ASPEN DENTAL/ Dental First is a SCAM! Always opt for a credible dentist, get referrals from friends and family and always read reviews!

First, Aspen butchers your mouth. Then their loan shark partners in crime shake you down. It's like a tag-team wrestling match, really.

Service
Aspen Dental Dental Filling

Aspen Dental review in Fairborn, Ohio: Worst experience ever

I had my teeth pulled to have upper and lower dentures made. After hours of trying to pull 9 lower teeth the dentist had to get someone else to finish the last 2 teeth..When my dentures arrived 2 weeks later I was told that I would have to have 2 bones cut out so my bottom dentures would fit and it would cost me another 1500.00 dollars on top of the 3900.00 that i already spent.. My upper plates has teeth so small you cant even see the teeth when i smile . My lower dentures are not even useable because i refused to pay the extra money to remove the 2 bones.I would never never never recomend Aspen Dental to any one. Good luck to all. Ronnie Williams

Textbooks teach extractions of back teeth and bone contouring the bone, followed by at least THREE MONTHs of healing before any impressions are made. Bet they did not do it this way, did they?

Of course you made a horrible mistake in getting ALL your teeth extracted rather than leaving some and have partials or overdentures, but there is no talking sense into some people. Now you will find out the hard way why all the dentists you saw in your life pleaded with you to take care of your teeth.

Went to get all your teeth yanked out, and chose the biggest crooks in the US health care system to do it. Good work!

Aspen Dental review in Cambridge, Massachusetts: Contact Information

Cant seem to reach anyone in corporate offices for billing issues have number but no extension anyone here have any luck

i have same experience i colnd get any body to talk with i think that this company is duing something wrong or ilegal that thei do not want us to know about not write??????

@marin vasile

Actually they are violating most states' practice laws by merely opening dental office. Most states prohibit non-dentists from owning practice. A$pen offices are owned by the private equity firm Leonard Green & Partners LLC.

Why would they want to talk to you? They already got your money.

Unless you want to give them more, they don't have anything to say. You mistook this Organized Crime Syndicate for a regular dentist who actually cares about his patients. It's a different thing entirely.

Aspen corporate bank account is like a Black Hole in deep space. All matter is sucked in, never to escape again.

View more comments (2)
Poor customer service

Aspen Dental review in Saint Clair, Pennsylvania: Teeth had fallen out of new dentures four times within first year.

Husband had full dentures replaced after having old dentures for over 30 years. Purchased December of 2017, he has four teeth fall out of upper and lower plates. Each time they claimed they needed to recheck the bite and made adjustments. He purchased the best quality which claimed to have the strongest material and stain resistant. Costing over $2500.00 After the first and second tooth falling out he was ok with the repair, but after the fourth tooth he was totally irritated. Claiming he was afraid to eat anything without fear of teeth breaking out of the plate. Especially embarrassing when out on public. When he angrily returned with the dentures after tooth number four fell out, he was demanding a full refund and claimed he would talk to Corp headquarter. The clerk told him go ahead that they would refer him only back to her anyway. He stated So, I can only eat soups. With the clerk saying not to eat apples or crunchy foods. I remember correctly they advertised people eating apples on a previous ad She claimed to offer a solution, but my husband was totally anode with the product and there professionalism in handling the issue. For claiming to have offered the top of the line dentures, they failed to even last one year without problems. POOR product representation.

Aspen's "best" dentures use a flexible nylon-like material instead of high-impact heat-cured acrylic. The teeth to not chemically bond to this material and the result is often teeth that fall out.

That's why regular dentists don't use this flexible cr@p material to make dentures.

The only way to make it right is make it over with conventional acrylic. I sure wouldn't let the buffoons working for Aspen do it.

Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Aspen Dental review in Opelika, Alabama: Extremely dissatisfied but treatment is incomplete.

2.6
I have to go to a different office or get my money back for a different company all together. My temporary dentures have never fit correctly, I'm now receiving extremely rude service I guess because I'm asking them to fix them and letting them know for four months since my surgery I have never bitten into anything without my bottom dentures coming out. No strength of glue keeps food out which causes infections in my gums which is painful. I have children and live an hour away and try my best to be on time, honestly I have been 10 or 15 mins late a few times, but I do call and try to be as respectful as I can be. My family payed 10 thousand dollars for promises that have absolutely not been kept and once they were paid things really changed. There are lots of super sweet people there and I would never want them to be in trouble, but there are a couple of extremely rude girls there that shouldn't be there, it doesn't cost a thing to be nice and have compassion for our fellow human beings. I just want my teeth to fit and not hurt and I would love to eat in a restaurant again without getting so embarrassed. I desperately need to talk to Aspen Dental Corporate! My name is Nicole Covel Lett and I live in central Alabama.

Wow, Nicole! They got you for $10,000!!!!!

You could have gone to any number of competent private dentists and spent far less money. What in the world made you drive 1 hour to go to an A$pen clip joint???? There is almost never a patient where some teeth can't be save, and partial instead of full dentures made. Well-made partials are much more comfortable and stable any day of the week.

PLEASE do not give them any more money.

Go to a reputable independent dentist. There are plenty in Alabama Maybe they can reline your Aspen Dentures so all your expenditures aren't wasted!

Aspen Dental review in Orlando, Florida: Shoddy dentures

1.8

Update by user May 13

My husband received a past due bill for dentures that had been returned via registered and insured mail, so he called someone by the name of Kelly/Holly from Corporate on 3/29/2019 at 11:52am, and told her the legal steps he was going to take including filing a complaint for exploitation of the elderly with the Attorney General of Florida, and she responded that corporate never received notice that the dentures were returned, so she said she would investigate and get back to us. On April 12, 2019, we received a call from corporate at 10:00am, and was told that we would be receiving a billing showing a zero balance; however, as of today, 5/13/2019, we have not received that billing showing that we don't owe them anything or any other correspondence, so we have no idea where we stand legally at this point. We will contact the attorney at the law firm, we received notice from via email, today from Elena from the PissedConsumer Team, to see what steps we need to take next.

Update by user Dec 10, 2018

Our credit card company withdrew the funds from Aspen's account and refunded us - this is the second time. We were asked not to speak with them anymore, directly, and will let us know when to send the second set of dentures registered insured mail, back to the local office. Letters have been written to the credit bureaus explaining the situation, so nothing negative has appeared on our credit rating.We have about two more weeks for this fiasco to be settled with our credit card company - they are handling everything for us.We did get a bill from Aspen for the second set of dentures, so, hopefully this matter will be behind us very soon - over four months now...

Original review posted by user Nov 08, 2018

I had no idea the nightmare we were in for. Over three months, and first set of dentures were so oversize, my husband could hardly close his mouth, kept biting his lips and drooling all over the place. finally, they agreed that they needed to do a second pair - unbelieveable the shoddy work on the second pair Paid $2478.40 for a set of dentures, that keep falling out of his mouth and now going on over three months working with these people. We've tried to email excellent pics of the dentures, but all email links come back, , because we aren't handing over these dentures until an attorney sees them - read a post about them "hanging on to the evidence," to make it really hard to sue them, so when this is settled, they'll get their shoddy dentures back bubble wrapped and in certified mail to verify they got them. You can clearly see by the pics that the tech filed off too much on the bottom denture thus ruining it after the first adjustment. The top is patched with a pinhole visible - these things tear my husband's gums to pieces! We paid for a set of dentures that keep falling out of his mouth, now, going on over three months working with these people. We've tried to email excellent pics of the dentures, but there's not an email link, available that doesn't come back, , because we aren't handing over this mess until an attorney sees them - read a post about them "hanging on to the evidence," to make it really hard to sue them, so when this is settled, they'll get their shoddy dentures back bubble wrapped and in certified mail to verify they got them. You can clearly see by the pics that the tech filed off too much on the bottom denture thus ruining it, and the top is patched - wide area , and granules can be scratched off the patch behind the front teeth with a pinhole visible - these things tear my husband's gums to pieces! Notice the first one on the left, juts out to the right, so didn't fit, and the bottom denture doesn't have enough of a groove on the left side to even put a bead of adhesive, so they keep falling out. The one on the far right is a pic old old denture that our son used heavy duty glue to hold them together after they broke - ten year old dentures, and first time we've had a problem with them - see the difference in the new bottom denture which is a pic of the second one on this post.

When shipping items of cash value, use Registered Mail Return Receipt Requested. Certified Mail is for documents requiring signature confirmation only.

Registered provides the signature as well as shipping insurance for qualifying items.

Keep all of your postal receipts. You may find it difficult to retain one set until you receive a second ; technically you will then owe for two sets - be aware.

Sheryl R
@Anonymous

We filed a dispute with our credit card company on the first pair, and they put a hold on Aspen's payment. We have the paperwork sent to our credit card company verifying that they agreed to do a second set of dentures because the first were not useable - way too big for his mouth, and the second pair has been paid for - credit card company released payment on the second set the day my husband picked them up - his mistake was picking them up without thoroughly examining them - the tech put adhesive on them; put them in his mouth, and told him to come back if he needed an adjustment, and he did, but then she ruined them when she filed them down too far... Thanks for the info on mailing them.

Your husband's bone and gums have shrunk in 10 years so you should not expect the inside of this new ones to look exactly like the inside of his old ones. Well-fitting dentures should not require adhesive to stay in.

Go to a fleabag corporate dental clinic staffed with fresh graduates right out of dental school and you cannot expect much good to happen. The one thing they always get right is emptying patient bank accounts.

Perhaps a competent dentist can reline them and make them usable, if you are lucky. Don't go to another corporate chain seeking to have that done.

Sheryl R
@ClydeDDS

Our new dentist, not a corporate chain, said the dentures are not salvageable because the tech filed the bottom denture down on one side, too far, and the top one has been patched with a pinhole in it, and as you can see in the pic, and it juts out beyond his gum line on one side. Live and learn - we are new to the area we live in, and had no idea about Aspen's reputation - local reviews that I checked were good, so now we know, they aren't honest about those either...

@Sheryl R

Aspen commands a number of fake review sites that filter out the bad reviews. Sites like PissedConsumer never come up first in web searches.

Online reviews can be doctored. It is better to talk to people you know.

View more comments (4)
Featured
Aspen Dental Dentures
Cons
  • Shoddy workmanship
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Aspen Dental review in Chagrin Falls, Ohio: Rude and cruel office manager.

I took my 95 year old mother to Aspen Dental in Parma. My 95 year old mother questioned the bill and the office manager began rolling her eyes and was rude to her. I told her my mother was 95 and deserved to be treated with more respect. The horrible office manager didn’t care and continued talking down to my mom and rolling her eyes.
Service