Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental in Douglasville, Georgia - Only about the money

1.8
Same as all the rest, you go there thinking youll get what you came for but end up with all the things they say needs to be done, you walk in for each appt, you pay a minimum of $500 ea time, before you can even be seen, big scam, they give you an estimate on the phone and its at least triple that when you get there, i understand it cost to have decent teeth but come on, you literally have to take a 2nd mortgage on your home to do what they want to do, its a complete scam, and talk to the doctor first, forget it that isn't going to happen, the most unpleasant experience ever had in my life, believe nothing they tell you, they all set around the reception area planning there next trip on your money

Some people have said Aspen employees are recruited from burger flippers at McDonalds. But I say with all the high pressure sales on credit pushed on patients that Aspen employees are recruited from time share vacation condo rackets.

Half the stuff they want to do on patients is unnecessary or grossly overpriced. Patients come out much better going to honest independent dentists than scam outfits like Aspen, Great Expressions, Coast, Dental One, and the rest of the garbage chain clinics.

Pricing issue

Aspen Dental - ***

Well to start out about a year ago I went into Aspen dental had them take x-rays discussed my treatment options with the business manager tried to contact him several days later about billing my health insurance for some of my extract tions because they would have paid for it. I called him 3 times and he would not return my calls!! Then recently since my teeth were decaying badly.. I called your Plover Wisconsin location to go there perhaps and have some implant work done,no one told me they don't do implant work at Aspen in Plover, drove all the way there got into the appointment and then was told or we don't do that they do that at the Wausau office!! ( Even after I told the appointment person what I was intrested in) Went to the Wausau office The same day made an appointment gave the girl my dental insurance and health insurance Information and asked If they could check about my extractions with my health insurance she wasn't sure if they could do it but she would give them a call subsequently I called today on November Twenty seventh Tuesday.. To confirm my appointment and was told I didn't have one they had my information on the computer but I had no appointment!! So rather than deal with my health insurance which I explained to the girl and rudely she said to me "We are a dental office we don't deal with health insurance!! " Funny how dentists want to be respected as doctors but Aspen dental doesn't want to deal with health insurance! Sarcastic Screwed me Around twice glad I didn't spend any money with them horrible place really disorganized about handling appointments, not sure about the dentist never made it that far! If you wanna deal with health insurance doing any kind of dentistry !! Don't go there!!.. I wouldn't go there anyways they're rude and snotty lousy customer service!!

Dealing with medical insurance is a complete different can of worms and few dentists want to mess with it except oral surgeons. You must have a death wish if were determined to let a corporate chain dental clinic fool with implants in your mouth.

You might as well take your car to a baboon for an engine overhaul. There is no way something that complicated can be done by as primitive as animal as a baboon or an A$pen Dental employee. Wise up!

Find a mature, independent dentist to advise you how to treat such a complicated case. NEVER go to a health care provider that advertises on TV!

Problems with payment

Aspen Dental in Ellijay, Georgia - BAD EXPERIENCE!!!

1.2
I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH ASPEN FOR 4 YRS AND HAVE GOTTEN TO POINT I NEED MY 100 PERCENT REFUND! DENTURES DO NOT FIT!!! I SIGNED A RELEASE 2 WKS AGO WHICH STATES I WILL BE REFUNDED 1800.00 STILL WAITING FOR REFUND. I HAVE BEEN PLEASANT, BUT THE DISTRICT MANAGER THAT I DEALT WITH, GINA, OVER ANDERSON DOES NOT RETURN MULTIPLE CALLS. I AM UNABLE TO REACH WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MY REFUND. I FEEL I AM BEING IGNORES. OFFICES WILL NOT GIVE ME A CONTACT NUMBER! *** I AM SOOOO ANGRY RIGHT NOW. I CANNOT GO TO ANOTHER DENTIST AND GET NEW DENTURES AS ASPEN DENTAL GOT ALL MY MONEY!!! ANDERSON SC IS A TERRIBLE LOCATION TO VISIT!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE GOING THERE!!! STEER CLEAR! I WISH I WOULD HAVE NEVER GONE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! AFTER 4 YEARS I STILL DO NOT HAVE TEETH THAT ARE COMFORTABLE AND I PAID FOR THE MOST EXPENSIVE THAT THEY HAD. COMFI LYES AND THEY ARE ANYTHING BUT COMFORTABLE TRACEY IN ANDERSON COUNTY SC IS VERY RUDE!!

Is it $1800 or $18,000? Good upper and lower dentures at a reputable dentist will cost you a lot more than $1800.

More like $3500. Getting a refund from A$pen is like getting blood from a turnip. Once money is in that A$pen corporate bank account, an act of Congress can't get it out. Deal with criminals, and you get fleeced.

It would have been so much easier to let a competent dentist do it right the first time. Of course, you were probably Hell-bent on having all your teeth yanked out.

The only things these thieves understand is lawsuits and bad publicity. You might try one or the other, or both.

Review
Cons
  • Rip off 10 percent refund is a scam steer clear
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Aspen Dental in Houston, Texas - Billing

I was charged for a cleaning during the time there was free cleaning services.

Aspen Dental in Oak Ridge, Tennessee - God will get you for what you've done

Cut my mother's mouth Auto pieces pulled the wrong tooth she can eat since you can't wear these parcels, they was supposed to make me a good set of teeth they made two and they're absolutely awful my mouth is so sore I can't eat and I can't wear the teeth so if there's a lawsuit going I'm in

Good luck suing these shysters. Others have tried.

They got more and better lawyers than you can ever afford.

Aspen could make partials until doomsday and they still wouldn't be able to get it right. Guess at some point you and your mother will try using a real dentist in private practice.

Aspen Dental in Tullahoma, Tennessee - Refund not received

1.6
I asked for a refund for services not yet rendered, because of the unprofessional maner that was shown to mr on my innitial visit. They said it would come within a week to 10 days. It has now been 12 days and I have yet to receive my refund. Where is my money. Yall want your monet before you do anything..but sure dont get in any hurry when you owe someone. I will be reporting this to the BBB so others will know how bad the service is with your company.

Aspen's corporate bank account is like a Black hole in outer space. It sucks in all cash that come near it, never to be seen again. Think Aspen might be short of cash, since requests for refunds take so long to be honored?

Review

Aspen Dental in Clinton, Michigan - Pissed off customer because of broken temporary partials

My husband was fitted with temporary partials and when he returned home he ate a turkey sandwich and the partials broke in half. I called the Sterling Heights MI office but they were closed. I called the Corporate number# 1-888-549-2292 and the lady that answered the phone said that number was only if I was in pain and she needed to reach a doctor for me. I felt she rushed me off the phone. She didn't seem to be concerned about our feelings. I was told that Wendell's teeth would be pulled and then a temporary partial would be made and fitted for his mouth but instead he was given this temporary partial before any back teeth were pulled. Wendell and I am very unhappy about the temporary partials breaking in half. Is this the kind of workmanship he can expect from Aspen Dental? Is this the kind of service he can expect from Aspen Dental? There is a woman named Bonnie who is the kindness and most professional employee of Aspen Dental. She tried her hardest to help. She made me feel that this issue was very important to her and that she wanted so much to resolve it. The lady at corporate didn't seem to feel the same way. That's too bad and too sad.

Yes, that is the sort of workmanship you should expect from the corporate gyp joint named A$pen. If you wanted competent treatment, you would have gone to a reputable dentist instead of the crookedest chain of dental offices in the US.

It is difficult to impossible to repair temporary plastic partials. Usually they have to be remade. Don't count of this being done on a holiday weekend. In the future, please remember that any health care provider advertising on TV is not worth a flip.

Who pays for the expensive TV ads? Suckers like your husband!

h.kitchener

You should take him to a dentist in your area---definitely not Aspen. You now have an indication of how the rest of this will play out, and it's not good.

View more comments (1)
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Aspen Dental in Nashville, Tennessee - Problem with dentures

Aspen Dental - Problem with dentures
Newer teeth falling out and almost choked to death on a tooth.

Aspen Dental in Conway, South Carolina - Very bad meeting with Dr Patel

Lake Had my dentures made at Aspen Dental 2756 Church St. Conway, SC 29526, paid over $2,300. Always loose, having problem from day one eating, has to use lots of Fixodent. Was told to go back after 6 months for impressions and new ones, went back 11/22/18. Meet a *** name Dr. PATEL , 1st he said he do not has the stuff to do it until next week. I said, "What's going on? One of the other fella said he can put in a soft liner temp. until they fix it next week," Dr. Patel said he do not do that, so I talked to him harsh. He told me he is the new owner and he fired all the other people that use to worked there because they do not know what they were doing. I told him I do not think he is the boss and the people may be left the job because of him. He said ok he will not do anything for me and to leave before he call the police. I told him I will sue him and post it to FB. His service sucks, my advice to people never go to this place. What did I pay for. According to Dr. Patel Aspen Dental does not know what they doing... only he know what he is doing... maybe running the business into the ground soon...

Dr. Patel or no other dentist for that matter owns the Aspen Dental office you went to.

Wall Street sharks named Leonard Green & Partners own it, just like they own every other Aspen clinic. Patel is just the front man to make the scam look legal for your state dental board. I often put soft tissue liners in loose dentures to make them comfortable. In a few days I put a wash coat in and it makes the perfect impression for a lab permanent reline.

The lab will need your denture for a day to reline it, because the heat-cured plastic takes time to cure. Might as well give up trying to get satisfaction at this chop shop.

Go somewhere else with a competent independent dentist, and not another corporate scam shop. A lab reline will cost you about $400-$600 per denture

Review
Pros
  • I like the people that use to work there
Cons
  • Dr patel or his service
  • He is very rude and think he is a tough guy
Bad quality

Aspen Dental in Chelmsford, Massachusetts - Patient experience

1.5
I was told I need 6 root canals and crowns and a scaling cleaning with an out-of-pocket of $1,000 expense for that cleaning , 6 root canals, a total of pocket expense over $10,000. I ask for just a regular cleaning as so told I could not have it. The next day I contacted ,First Dental Medford Massachusetts. On the 21st I had an appointment at their office, I received a regular cleaning, was told I do not need a scaling cleaning . I received a regular cleaning. I was told I need one root canal with a crown ,one tooth needs to be built up with a crown on it , the rest fillings. That is such a difference in the treatment plans and cost .The only assumption I can make is that Aspen Dental is just a money-making business and not out for patient care patient or experience and not out to treat the patient right.

Same experience in Quincy, Ma. Went in for a basic cleaning a d xrays that my blue cross medicare ppo is supposed to cover.

They did not listen or give me what I wanted a simple basic cleaning. Insisted I needed a deep cleaning .

Refused to give me, the customer a basic cleaning waste of time... scam

Well, your assumption is accurate. Why are corporate clinics like Aspen such dishonest, money-filching outfits?

Because they are not owned buy dentists, but by wall Street private equity firms. In Aspen's case, it is Leonard Green & Partners LLC. The Wall Street types want 20% return on equity. 20% return is hard to achieve, paying all the expenses of a dental practice.

The only way they can do it is pay dentists the lowest in the industry, overbook their schedules, plan unnecessary treatment, and have lab services done very cheaply in China. Aspen dentists have told me that office managers even add treatment to the treatment plan in order to get their monthly production bonus! Every young dentist knows the rotten reputation Aspen has. So Aspen only gets the most desperate young dental graduates to work there.

Most are very, very deep in student loan debt. If they don't cooperate with Aspen's patient scams, they won't make any money, and Aspen will get rid of them. Aspen especially loves to sponsor foreign dentists on H1B visas. If these dentists don't cooperate with Aspen scams, support for the H1B visa is withdrawn and it is back to the third world they go.

Aspen and other crooked chains like it have formed a lobbying trade group and are buying off state politicians where they have offices. The goal is to get their employees on state dental boards so they can control the regulatory authorities.

Talk about the fox guarding the henhouse! Write your state legislator and demand your state practice prohibitions against non-dentists owning dental practices be enforced!

@Dr. Mathews

If this is the beginning of corrupt dentistry, we're in trouble. Lobbyists, politicians, and corruption overtaking dentistry leaves WE THE PEOPLE in DIRE STRAITS! We are in big trouble.

View more comments (2)