Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental review: Not recommended

Waited almost 2 hours then had to leave so i could get to work. When I finally did see them they tried to sell me a bunch of stuff i did not need.
Aspen Dental Customer Care

Aspen Dental review in Merritt Island, Florida: I felt cheated

I had a crown that fell off when the tooth broke. It was explained to me that I would need to pay for an exam to get it reset. That was $30. They did an x-ray (of the wrong tooth) then the dentist said he would glue it back in. He said it would not last long snd I would need a new crown for $1200. It cost $90 to glue it back in, but that only lasted a few hours. When I tried to get it glued back, I was informed that it would be charged again. When I asked for my money back, I was laughed out of the office. I will never use Aspen dental again.

You were told gluing a tooth back on a broken tooth would not work for long. Yet you still insisted they do it.

Then when it failed, you wanted your money back. If a tooth is broken, you to need to fix it, right? Not glue a crown back on top of a fractured mess. You don't need a dentist.

You need a psychiatrist. Apparently you are incapable of rational thought.

Jeanne M

Wow? Really?

Crooked. And evil.

Fateh

I see why you're anonymous. Your comment was Absolutely unnecessary

View more comments (2)
Aspen Dental Dental Crown Service

Aspen Dental review in Buda, Illinois: BAD BAD BAD DENTAL OFFICE

My husband went to see the dentist at the Galesburg, Illinois (Aspen Dental) to have 2 crowns replaced, after numerous x-rays and spending 2 hours in the office, he was told that he needs full dentures. They told him that he had never had a proper cleaning of his teeth, and that he periodontal disease. We have our teeth cleaned every 3 months. New dentures would cost $9,000 and our dental insurance would only pay $4,000. So it would cost us $5,000 out of our pocket. This is Total *** WORST DENTAL OFFICE EVER! WE WON'T BE GOING BACK TO ASPEN DENTAL AGAIN "EVER' Don't go to Aspen Dental for ANYTHING A concerned former patient

You two are the type of people that take care of your teeth, right? The kind that have their teeth cleaned every 3 months.

The type that want to keep their teeth for life. Is that right? Then why the H_LL would you ever go to a yank-em-all corporate clinic like A$pen?

Are you also the type of people that believes everything in TV commercials? I am just trying to fathom how ANYONE with any sense winds up walking in the doors of a shyster dental factory like A$pen.

@Seasoned Dentist

Clearly you have way too much time on your hands to have the ability to comment on everyones personal issues

Pricing issue

Aspen Dental review in Mcdonough, Georgia: Refuse to complete work already started

1.5
I have tried my best to contact these people always put on hold and left there so long I hang up. They will not take my call for an appointment to finish what they started. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone because they leave you hanging undone.

I walked into an Aspen office here in Riverview, Florida about a month ago with a problem. After a couple of visits and a few hundred dollars, I still have the problem and I can't seem to communicate with them long enough to get an appointment.

Always put on hold then promised a call back. Today is the third time they've blown me off. I don't know what to do. They've taken good money off me and haven't really done any actual dental work at this point.

They charged me for CT scans then cut me off? This is bizarre.

They got your money, pal. Why would they want to see you?

To finish the treatment you paid for up front? Sorry, it more profitable for them to keep the money for doing nothing, and let you get frustrated and go to another dental clinic.

They got enough lawyers that they can avoid paying you a refund check for a long time. Meanwhile they can get the float on the money.

Poor customer service

Aspen Dental review in Pottstown, Pennsylvania: DENTAL FIRST ARE ALRIGHT CROOKS WITH THEIR PAYMENT PLANS

5.0
Aspen Dental review - DENTAL FIRST ARE ALRIGHT CROOKS WITH THEIR PAYMENT PLANS
I am A KOREAN WAR VET AND WANT TO ASPEN BECAUSE THEY TAKE CARE OF VETERANS WELL, SOMETHING HAPPENED AND DENTAL FIRST TRIED TO ALERT ME TO MONEY OWED BUT THE USED THEIR NAME "COMENITY BANK" WHICH I DID NOT know AND THOUGHT IT WAS A EMAIL AND PHONE SCAM. BECAUSE OF THIS, THEY PUT FEES ON ME THAT ONLY CROOKS CAN DO. I TRIED TO ASK THEM TO REDUCE THEIR FEES AND WAS TOLD NO NO NO NO YOUR STUCK IF YOU WISH TO CALL ME 610 789 1774
Aspen Dental Customer Care
Pros
  • I like the crew there
Problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental review in Bay City, Michigan: Waited over a hour and a half for my appointment

with a office manager who then belittled me when I complained about the wait Then was told to come back later this week to have my bite checked when it should have been done at the same time just keep using up the money on account with repeated visits and to be treated badly by a office manager who was having a bad day
Poor customer service

Aspen Dental review in Manitowoc, Wisconsin: Bad business practice!!!!

1.8
On December 31st, 2018, my husband was scheduled to have 6 extractions done and a temporary partial placed. On the day of the appointment, he was sent home with nothing but a big gap on his upper front teeth because the dentist said he wanted him to see a specialist because the teeth left according to the dentist,woudnt have supported the partial over time. But two weeks prior, they had pulled a tooth, did xrays and had impressions done for this appointment. They just costed me $1500 of unused insurance money for the year plus my husband took the day off of work because he thought he was having 6 teeth pulled. When I confronted the dentist about it, he stated he first looked at the xrays the night before (the 30th), that were taken on the 19th of December already, and made the decision not to pull the teeth or give him the partial until he sees the periodantalist. We also prepaid over $700.00 for this work. Even though they are willing to refund the money, my husband is now walking around with a gap in his mouth when if we were notified sooner, we could have went somewhere else. All he wanted was to have a partial done so he didnt have any missing teeth. Shouldnt it be what the customet wants? Why was his treatment plan changed on the day of his appointment and not prior or at least shortly after xrays were taken? They totally deceived us. They have all new staff there and the service is horrible. I had an appointment with them for a financial consult with them on about December 12th and I had to wait about 45 minutes for that at which time they gave me my husbands appointments for the extractions and the partial. I do not recommend Aspen dental to anyone, especially in Manitowoc. Under new ownership and way under "par" as far as professionalism!!

Lady, they don't have time to logically plan treatment. Everything is a rush, a cluster-f_ _ _ by new graduates who don't have much experience.

Your husband can't good treatment from chop shops like A$pen.

Everything they do is mediocre at best, and a disaster at worst. For goodness sakes, get your husband to a competent independent dentist who knows what he is doing!

Aspen Dental Tooth Extraction

Aspen Dental review: A horrible & expensive fiasco

Today my filling fell out that i paid $726 to get. My name is Myrna Ritter, on 9-28-18 I went to Aspen in Marion, Illinois. After doing all kinds of stuff i didn't ask for... cleaning, x-ray, treatments, etc., i got the tooth filled which was an anchor tooth for my partial, they wanted to pull the other one ??? I am beyond angry, so much money, time & aggravation & the filling falls out... I am not happy & i know you will ignore this rant! I wouldn't recommend Aspen Dental to an enemy!

Yeah, I think even taking an ISIS terrorist would be cruel and unusual punishment. Even in my practice the most expensive large silver filling is only about $350.

Can't imagine what sort of filling they did for you. An overpriced crummy one, obviously. You gotta remember the office manager wants to make her monthly bonus, and this includes adding things to patient treatment plans if necessary.

Treatment is not based on much except profitability to the corporation. Best use a regular independent dentist in the future.

@Anonymous

I went in for a filling, they treated that as an afterthought. All they wanted to do was sell me something, take x-rays, clean, treat, etc., everything but what I came in for! I was snowballed & mislead by a bunch of money hungry liars!!!

Aspen Dental Dental Filling
Bad quality

Aspen Dental review in Washington, Missouri: Was quoted a price for bridge but they did not honor that price

I went into Aspen Dental in Washington, MO to get a tooth extracted and a bridge. Well at first they said I needed a deep cleaning as they could not do a tooth extraction and bridge w/o doing a deep cleaning that came to $1368. with insurance. Then they said I had 4 cavities that needed to be filled first, they quoted me total price of $1647.80 I asked if that included the bridge they said no. I said that I was told that did included the bridge. I asked them how much a bridge cost w/o insurance they did not know. I came home and did not have any further work done, I looked at their website and it said bridge cost between $862.00 and $1494.00 I called the office back and was told that that price was PER TOOTH, which is absurd!!! even if it was per tooth my amount I would have to pay would be more. I also noticed that after I told them that the price was taken down from there website. worst company ever!!! complete bait and switch tactics...

They always want to do a deep cleaning no matter what service you go in for. They are a total scam no matter where you live.

Nobody much does bridges that much anymore, now that implants are so successful. Nobody but a complete knucklehead would cut two good teeth down to do a bridge, rather than have a single implant.

Why didn't you just save the tooth to start with? It would have been easier and cheaper. You are the one who is "absurd." Nobody since the mid 1970s has done a bridge for $862. They are right.

Bridges cost between $900 and $1500 PER UNIT. Thus a three unit bridge would cost between $2700 and $4500, depending on where you live. The gums have to be healthy before a bridge is done. Otherwise they cannot get a good impression because of all the bleeding.

A$pen is probably the worst place you could ever go in the US to have dental treatment, but you would think the most honest dentist in America was ripping you off, because you have so many misconceptions about dental treatment. You think you know so much about dentistry, why not just buy all the equipment and supplies off E-Bay and do the treatment yourself at home?

@Seasoned Dentist

look Bozo, they are the ones that suggested a bridge!!! And like I said they could not even tell me how much one would run.!!

But they eagerly said that they approved me for $1500.00 for a very high interest loan!!! kinda *** backwards don't you think!!!

@Toni Teal

Now, now my child, name calling is not necessary. Really, Bozo the Clown was a great guy and made us all happy back in the day (before clowns became *** Then you swore and got asterisked out.

You're making yourself look foolish when you should be looking good for dodging the bullet. One exclamation point per sentence, if you must.

@Seasoned Dentist

Go to this guy's practice! If he clearly has this much time to troll this site and comment on all 800+ complaints, im guessing that he needs walk ins!

I wish you had consulted this website prior to engaging the subject company. They are the dental equivalent to Public Enemy Number One.

I'm sorry you had to flail around with this group but now you know and they didn't carve your mouth up yet, good job bailing on them. Trust your instinct.

View more comments (5)
Aspen Dental Dental Services
Pricing issue

Aspen Dental review in Saint Paul, Minnesota: Worse experience

1.6
after seeing what my wife went thru and all the BS they did to her I would not recommend aspen to anyone made her upgrade to higher cost dentures , then after 8 fittings they said oh now we need to put in posts, which was another 4,000 dollars then didnt get to fully wear her dentures for another 3 months, she had sores during the whole process all they want was our money, had to do their so called easy financing then missed one payment went to collection agency , this is the worse and most rip off dentist around stay far away
Aspen Dental Dentures
Cons
  • Worse
rip offf