Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental in Columbus, Georgia - Don't waste your time and money

I should have know better on my first visit when, the dentist told every patient, and I mean every patient I could hear her speak to, they had periodontal disease. Then she instructs her staff to do a $30 cancer screening but you are not told until after the procedure has been completed and then they tell you, it's not covered by insurance. But my real issue is with billing. I presented Aspen Dental with my insurance documentation and they checked to ensure it was current and accurate. But in the end, because they are so money hungry, they did not pay attention to the fact that the procedures they were doing would not be covered because I would exceed my maximum benefits for the year. To say the least, they sent me the bill and threaten to send it to a collection agency. It is not my fault they did not do a pre-claim and/or keep good records. As my title states, do not waste your time and money on Aspen Dental. It's not worth the headache and frustration.

You are right. Everyone who walks through the door at Aspen is diagnosed with periodontal disease.

They are told they need deep scaling, expensive antibiotic packets placed in the gums, a $130 toothbrush, and all sorts of other nonsense. In this way Aspen strikes gold with patients whose crummy dental plans pay money-losing fees for simple cleanings. By the way, EVERY dentist's and hygienist's exams SHOULD INCLUDE an oral cancer screening.

AT NO EXTRA CHARGE! It is part of our job when examining the mouth.

Price reduction

Aspen Dental in Brunswick, Georgia - Good Insurance and a credit!( NO SERVICE)

The first of Dec 2018,I called my local aspen dental service for an appt. The appt. was made,Jason the office manager said I needed 400.00 dollars for the extractions.I then called my Insurance company to find out how much they would pay,854.00 was the amount UHC had for me and said I should not need any money down at Aspen,So I explained to the assoc. on the phone what Jason told me, she put me on hold and called Aspen.Then returned back to me and said she spoke with Tammy and Jason would be calling me.No phone call,so several times I spoke with Aspen and was told to come on in and service would be accepted.The Monday before my appt. on Thursday Dec.20 I spoke to Jason to make sure all was o.k.and said the reason for my call I have no money and I could not come If they weren't going to file for payment thru UHC.,again I was told they would file and If UHC did not pay I would be responsible I agreed.Today I go to my appt. and was told they could not help me without money,after they had taken me back and put me in the dentist chair,was told they called my Insurance company and they were told UHC would only pay a certain amount and I needed to pay a co-pay.But yet I have a credit of 123.00 go figure!!!! I was so upset that I ask for a copy of my records and a reciept for the 123 which they will mail me later.Please make me apart of your lawsuit for pain and suffering,I was so miss treated,The office staff saw how upset I was and all they could do was tell me how miss managed things had been in their office and had no choice but to get payment today and as soon as my Insurance paid I would get my money back,never mind what I went through.Do you know what their motto is ,We are BIG advocates for our patients.( BULL) My name is Peggy Tomlin Brunswick,Georgia,PeggyTomlin1958@gmail.com

Peggy, You fell for the famous, "Don't worry I will straighten it out and call you back" trick. You are put on hold, disconnected, and no one ever calls you back.

Every dental plan I have dealt with has a deductible and copayment for extractions. Sorry, but no dental office will see you if you have "no money" to pay your deductible and copayments. Getting patients to pay money later after teeth are extracted is impossible. You might wait months for that $123 credit to be refunded if you ever see it at all.

Patients at A$pen tend to see miscellaneous charges for nothing added to their account each month until any credit balance is zeroed out. Peggy, please save your teeth instead of having them extracted, and find a reputable dentist instead of a fleabag corporate chop shop like A$pen Dental.

Aspen Dental in Atlanta, Georgia - Very satisfied with the service I received

My first appointment was when I got 3 teeth pulled. Just local injections and no pain at all during procedure. Two fillings fell out and I broke a veneer. Emergency call that evening and scheduled to come in the next day. Teeth were cleaned and filled and a beautiful temp veneer was applied. The dental assistant Kari Miles is absolutely fabulous!! I can’t say enough about how great she is and the knowledge that she has. If my dentist wasn’t available, I would prefer her helping me. She’s sweet, smart, funny and has your health, comfort and happiness as her primary concern. The last two times that I’ve been there, she’s helped me from start to finish. I just can’t say enough about her. The only thing that would be better was if they had two or more of Kari Miles. Thanks again for everything and I look forward to seeing you again!! I’ve got excellent insurance and many more teeth to work on!!!! Merry Christmas Y’all

Aspen is the lowest paying dental employer I know of. If Kari is as good as you say, she will be gone in no time.

Wonder why anyone would be thrilled with a company, and go to a customer complaint forum to rave about them? If you go up to pet a wild animal, you might not be bitten the first time.

Bother the animal enough times, and you will be bitten. Don't push your luck!

Good quality

Aspen Dental in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan - Nothing but thieves

Where do I start? First, my teeth were checked. Fine. Then Im sent to madison. She shows me how much i owe, i pay in full. My BIG MISTAKE! AFTER I pay, she gives me a print out of a breakdown. Got caught up like a lot of people... the doctor says this, you follow. At my next appt. I had a temp crown made. Why? Which tooth? Dr hardin never discussed this with me!!! After about a week, the crown broke and came off. Back to madison... i had been charged 4 a tooth brush, misc mouth care, and an exam I declined upon the first visit. I will go only 2 get my perm. Crown. I will never go back 2 these rip- Off artist!!!!! Be aware!!!! Go with open eyes!!! Dont let these people scam u like they did me. I have learned a good leason and will share my story!!!!!! Shocked

And I hope after you share your story, you will look to find a COMPETENT and HONEST dentist, NOT by looking on your insurance list and NOT by looking at doctored online reviews, but by TALKING with real human beings about their recommendations for dentists! The next chapter in your sad story: When your permanent crown comes back from that cheap lab in China, it will either not fit or look horrible.

Even if neither, it will break or come off in short order.

At Aspen you get 3rd world dentistry at New York City prices. And the Wall Street *** that owns the place laugh all the way to the bank.

Pricing issue

Aspen Dental in Dayton, Ohio - Horrible Customer Service/Rip Off

To whom this may concern: date of service: 15 Nov 18 Patient: Elliott Holmes (dependent of Rakesha Holmes) The office staff at 3397 Princeton Rd Ste 101, Hamilton, OH 45011 is extremely unprofessional and do not appear to have any skills/ familiarization training in dealing with customer issues. More specifically, the business manager Tara displays poor communication skills, very unprofessional and confrontational. I contacted Aspen disputing a bill for cleaning services because I've never experienced a time when my insurance didn't cover my regular cleanings 100%. Tara's response was expected, she advised to contact my insurance company. MetLife explained that Aspen submitted two separate claims with two different doctors(not sure why) and my insurance only paid in full for one because the other was considered out of network. As well as, the x-rays they complete weren't covered because some were already listed on file within the past 5 years. I was told prior to our first visit by Aspen office staff that they would complete a pre-determination to ensure our cleanings, x-rays, services etc... were covered, that was not done apparently. I attempted to explain this to Tara and she interrupted continuously, her customer service skills are beyond poor and she was defensive throughout the entire call. She also accused me of talking to other staff members about the issue and them providing me the same response, simply not true. When I originally called the Aspen to dispute the bill I talked to Brittany and she advised Tara would give me a call back that day, she didn't. The next time I called it was to re-schedule my appointments and I asked was there any updates on the billing. Brittany stated their computers were down and she would call me back to re-schedule and remind Tara to call me. I never received a call back that day either, I had to call them again the follow day. I was never told anything from anyone else in the office, however, her making that statement identifies their unprofessional office environment, negatively discussing customer issues, and she allowed her negative perception of me to bleed into our conversation. I explained to her that I felt like she hadn't allowed me to speak and she just continued talking. I asked to speak with the doctor and she refused to let me speak to him. She advised me to go on Aspendental.com to complaint and said she would have her supervisor call me. Its really saddening that this is the environment of the business office when addressing customer complaints, I would've hoped for a more professional feel but it was far from professional. I really did enjoy our dental visit itself, the Dentist was awesome and very friendly. However, the office staff may have just cost him four new patients. To make my experience better, I would like to discuss my billing issue with someone who's willing to listen, because I do not feel I'm responsible for that bill since I was told prior to my visit a pre-determination would be completed. I never had a bill for dental cleaning and definitely not a $210 bill. I was told a pre-determination would be done, and if it had been this could've all been avoided. As I explained to the business manager I'm not saying Aspen did anything necessary wrong but neither did I, however I do feel Aspen could've done more to avoid this issue. Please advise on resolving this issue.

Why did you hope for a more professional environment in a corporate chain run by a bunch of cut-throat Wall Street private equity investors? That is like going to the Crips or Bloods hideouts looking for some honest young guys to do yard work at your house!

Of course A$pen staff doesn't want to call you back to "straighten things out." They just want your money. They don't care if you never come back. They have low patient retention and they know it. Their game is to extract as much money as possible from you and go on to the next victims walking in the front door.

You probably have low-paying garbage PPO dental coverage and only crooks like A$pen sign up to be on the plan. Sorry, that is a fact of life. That nice dentist you saw will leave within the year.

They all do. Nobody with any skill and ethics stays working in a scummy joint like A$pen for long.

Resolved

Resolved: Aspen Dental in Eau Claire, Wisconsin - Put sealants on my Daughter's teeth without my authorization

3.0

Update by user Jan 20

The Eau Claire, WI Aspen Dental office did pay for my Daughter's unauthorized sealants. I paid for the rest of the bill.

Original review posted by user Dec 19, 2018

I have been dealing with the Eau Claire, WI Aspen Dental for over a year and a half now. My Daughter went in for a yearly cleaning and check. I was in the waiting room. The Dentist went ahead without consulting Me and replaced all of her sealants. I ended up with a whooping bill of almost $1,000.00. I complained to the local office and the office manager said that I shouldn't have to pay for the sealants that were not authorized by Me. We decided to have them pick up those charges and I would pay the rest of the bill. I have no dental insurance. The bill was to be mailed to New York; so I told them that I would mail the check as soon as I saw the credit from them on my account. I have been checking and calling. No CREDIT from Aspen Dental on my account. The office manager is Eau Claire even told me not to mail the check until I saw the credit to my account. Today I looked still no credit to my account and now the bill has increased from $732.00 to now a balance due of $889.00. I am SO frustrated with this Company that I could scream!! I have tried to be fair; but I don't trust this Company at all. I think that the next time I am in Eau Claire, I will pay what I was supposed to pay in person and they can give me a receipt that shows I paid MY PART IN FULL. If they go after Me for the rest, I will consult an attorney. I hate this Company and will bad-mouth it to EVERYONE! Liars and scammers!!

I have learned my lesson. The Aspen Dental Office in Eau Claire, WI tried to work with Me.

I am not so angry with them as I am with the Company. Aspen Dental should be put out of business once and for all. They are NOT A REPUTABLE BUSINESS AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN. I paid my bill in person today and said that I would not be back for any reason.

They left me hanging for over a year and a half before they even sent me another bill. I didn't know what was going on; even though I called often to check.

I have a new Dentist and am not wasting my money on Obama care Dental Insurance as they never pay anything anyway. Good Riddance Aspen Dental.

Why would you even BOTHER to go back to any A$pen location? After scamming you, you think should should give them ANY other chances!?!?

Good grief lady, there are good independent dentists everywhere including Wisconsin. Private dentists LOVE self-pay patients without insurance and do anything to keep them happy in their offices. Of all the places you could go, A$pen was the worst possible choice.

Now, prepare for a legal battle of around a year to get your rightful credit restored. By the way, I don't know anywhere that charges anywhere near $1000 for a child cleaning, recall exam, x-rays, and four sealants.

@Seasoned Dentist

Yes, I falsely believed that they would do right by Me. The Eau Claire Aspen Dental Clinic is not so much to blame as the ASPEN DENTAL COMPANY.

They lie and cheat and are NOT reputable. I paid my bill and learned my lesson. I went there originally because they were the only ones who would take my Dental Insurance. What a joke!

Obama-care dental insurance doesn't pay for anything anyway! What a farce. I now have found a different Dentist for my Daughter and Myself. I no longer am wasting my money on Dental Insurance either.

Just please as a Dentist tell your National Board to close down Aspen Dental permanently. Thanks, Barb

@Barb

Barb, Because Aspen is operating illegally in most states anyway, no Board can do anything about it. The only people that could wipe out the Aspen menaces is the state legislator or state attorney general.

Write both of them and urge them to shut Aspen down. FOUR STATE ATTORNEYS GENERAL HAVE SANCTIONED ASPEN ALREADY!

UnwieldyOcelot
@Ted

Thank you Ted for the information. I appreciate it.

I paid my bill today and the Eau Claire, WI Aspen Dental Office did pay for the sealants that were done without my authorization. I had dental insurance at the time of my visit; but the office said that the insurance did not pay 1 cent on my annual cleaning and check-up.

I just hope that this is the end of Aspen Dental for Me. I will contact my state attorney general; because I hate to see what they are doing to people and want them stopped!!!

View more comments (4)
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental in Pensacola, Florida - Poor service

5.0
Started the process of my wife's Dental work to have a full partial and a partial we started back in July here it is the end of December almost and they told us we still wouldn't have a permanent teeth to somewheres after January 30th they told us from the time that we had her teeth pulled and Impressions were made it would be six weeks not six months I was going to become a patient of them but not now

Ideally, after extractions, patient should wait at least THREE months for healing before final impressions are made. After INITIAL impressions, it usually takes 4 more appointments over about 5 to 6 weeks to get a full or partial denture in the mouth.

Of course, it you go to a place like Aspen, you may not be able to wear the partial and full dentures, but that is another story.

You went to a *** corporate clinic instead of a reputable independent dentist, so anything could happen. Be finding names of reputable older dentists in the community so when you get your disaster-dentures from Aspen, you will know someone you can pay to make them wearable, or completely redo them

Aspen Dental in Troy, Ohio - Lied about free dental exam

I called Aspen Dental in Troy April 2017 asked if they took my Humana Gold Plus Medicare. They said they did and I wanted to get crown put back on. When I showed up for appointment they said they would do a free dental exam. They told me what dental work I needed I agreed to have work done when they offered financing to make payments. I wasn’t working at the time and decided I would wait until I got work before I had work done. A couple of months later I got a bill in the mail saying I owed over $200 for the dental exam and said they didn’t take my dental insurance. I refused to pay them and they sent me to collections. They lied to me and now I have a mark on my credit.

"Free" at A$pen might sometimes actually mean "without charge." More often it means "Free to scam people." It depends on the day of the week. If it is at the end of the month, and the office is short of billings for its corporate revenue target, it probably means "free to scam you." Sorry to tell you, those Medicare Advantage dental plans are garbage plans with low fees that no honest dentists want to mess with.

Only thieves like the ones employed by A$pen. Go to dentists on your Medicare Advantage plan, and you probably will get gypped or butchered, or both!

Reason of review
Charged me for free dental exam
Forgive debt

Aspen Dental in Newport, Kentucky - Awful experience

Over the past six years with aspen dental I've had 5 different dentist. At least three different plans of care. The lack of communication between the office and their patients is atrocious. I've gone in and had work done that they never told me was happening. I've been over charged and deemed credits, which kept me coming back then immediately undercharged so I owed. The office manager does not give any clear or concise information. do not waste your time and the walmart of dentistry.

I spent two hours no tooth filled try to tell me l needed this and that done wanted charge me 3000 dollars extra stuff no tooth filled and had to rush to get my son to school for appointment worst experience ever now I have to go somewhere else to get filled

Count your blessings. The average dentist at A$pen lasts 6 months, so in going there 6 years you should have gone through 12 dentists, not six.

Hate to tell you, but if you insist on going to cheesy corporate chain clinics, you will see a never ending parade of dentists. No dentist worth his salt will work for these low-paying chop shops for any length of time. A$pen is not the Wal-Mart of dentistry. It is more like the pawn shop at dentistry.

The best any A$pen treatment will be barely satisfactory.

That is the BEST you can hope for. The worst case is your teeth will be completely goofed up.

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service
Price reduction

Aspen Dental in Nampa, Idaho - Con artist dont go to this Business

1.5
Helpful at financing. commitment to money back guarantee a joke financed teeth removal cant get your teeth back.
Bad quality