Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental in Brooksville, Florida - Charged for service not done

2.6
They put me on a peri maintenance program. My previous dentist never recommend that. So I told the hygenist that I did not want the program( varnish and not the spray) and she agreed. I did not get it. So my bill listed these services. I complained and they removed them and gave me a refund.. When I went to another office they said I am on that peri maintenance plan. I explained I only wanted a basic cleaning. The office manager said that was up to the clinician to decide. I walked out. This company will not listen to the customer and upcharge for services not done. I'm finding a different dentist. I've had it with this Corporation.

I hope you have had it with ALL dental corporations, as they all are almost this bad. The main idea is to fleece as much case however they can from each patient.

Needless treatment, inappropriate treatment, shoddy treatment, charge for treatment not delivered, anything is possible in their money-grubbing schemes. Upcoding regular cleanings to complicated periodontal codes is Aspen's favorite scam. And it is a popular scam with other corporate dental chains as well.

The lesson is to NEVER go to any health care provider that advertises on TV. If it takes TV ads to get enough patients, they cannot be any good.

Review
Pros
  • Convenience
Cons
  • Billing and customer rights
Tags
  • Aspen Dental Bad

I had a filling at the Epping Aspen Dental I had a very nice dentist who told me that if my filling fell out she would replace it I do not have ins, and I was charged $164 for the filling it fell out

I called Aspen Dental and they said to come in and they will check it I said I did not want to pay for this after all no ins, and now I have to pay again !! Well I went in the women Dentist was not there they had me checked and said I would need a filling again and maybe a cap also I said no and left the building so they sent me a bill for $24.00 to just look in my mouth I want to know my rights to this bill ,I was told to come in and they would look at it. Thank You Please reply asap. the young girl said they had no record of me having this done, Claudette Lacerda 603 8191234 or 603 887 8973 Clace6463@gmail.com

Not a good idea Claudette to leave all your personal information on this website. Be prepared for a lot of scams and viruses.

So a crummy filling you had done at A$pen fell out. Big surprise! At least the nerve has not died- yet! Of course they are not going to do it again from free.

Why should they? They got your money. No one there makes any bonus on free redos of crummy fillings. Let me guess.

It was not a silver amalgam filling, nor a gold inlay filling, but a plastic one. You chose an organized crime syndicate for dental care instead of an honest dentist who owns his practice. All the guarantees from criminals in the world will not do you a bit of good.

Guess what? Since you chose a dental clinic owned by investors instead of licensed dentists, your state board of dentistry can do nothing to help you.

Aspen Dental in Rhinelander, Wisconsin - Appointment

1.8
I originally had a complaint about the wausau office so decided I would rather deal with the Plover office and because of my original complaint the Plover office refuses to give me an appointment. This has been going on since October! The dentures I wanted were less expensive in Plover but have now gone up in price. But the office still refuses to give me an appointment! This is ridiculous!

Aspen dental peddles dentures like used cars. If you want an used car in your mouth, just go to any aspen dental!

Plover office, Wassau office, Timbuktu office. They are all shyster operations managed by the same corporate hierarchy.

They will all gyp you can give you abysmal treatment. They are all cut from the same greasy mold.

A lion in South Africa is just as dangerous as a lion in Uganda. It is not the location, it is the nature of the beast.

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service

Aspen Dental in Escanaba, Michigan - Guarantee is ZILCH

After receiving my plan of treatment and arriving on the day of service, I found out afterward, that they changed my plan and instead of making me the partials originally promised, they made something else, that NOT only did not work was way more expensive. When I went in for a follow up appointment, the dentist that had began the work, was GONE! The new dentist refused to even look at my partials and refused to help me in any way. There is supposed to be a guarantee...But there ISN"T. I have never been more disgusted in my entire life. I've called several times, and no one has bothered to return my calls. I tried to talk to someone again today, and they said they would have the office mgr. call me back. Again, I wait. It's been several hours already! Do you think anyone is calling? Not likely!

Every staff member at aspen is just waiting their chance to run away to a better job. Screw aspen dental and aspen's patients is their motto.

@DrDude

Learned this the hard way.

Here today, gone tomorrow. That is dentists at A$pen dental.

This joint is the bottom of the heap for dental employment. A job cleaning bathroom floors at Waffle House is more dignified work. The new dentist makes no commission monkeying around with a ratty "Cu-Sil" partial like you got. Yeh, pretty much old news that it irritates your gums.

That is why so few dentists do them. The sad reality is you will have to pay a competent dentist to make a conventional partial for you, possibly with implant support. You can kiss all the money you spent on that worthless A$pen partial goodbye!

When an organized crime syndicate makes a "guarantee," the only thing that is guaranteed is the guarantee won't be honored! Don't ever go to a sleazy corporate chain clinic again.

@Seasoned Dentist

I guess about all anyone can do is complain. I wish I could afford to hire an attorney.

Maybe all the folks that have been screwed over can get together and file a class action law suit.

Probably the only way that something can be done.... so sad.

@Anonymous

I did a net search of all the current lawsuits Aspen Dental is defending itself against and the list is incredible. Aspen is being sued by anybody and everybody.

Their next biggest expense after TV advertising must be paying for lawyers. They have defended themselves against FOUR attorneys-general already. One thing they know how to do is fight lawsuits. If you back them in a corner with a good lawsuit, they will finally offer you $5000 to get lost.

But it is rare you will get anything!

Your best hope is to complain to your state representative, urging your state to enforce its practice statutes prohibiting non-dentist investors from owning dental clinics. Currently North Carolina is the only state strictly enforcing these laws.

View more comments (4)
Order processing issue

Aspen Dental - Over charged and lied to

I was forced to pay up front for removal of 7 lower teeth. Told I was getting an upper classic with a metal plate in it. A lower snap in with a center and two side implant snaps the reason for the $4584.00 charge they did the simple 7 lower extractions put in the upper and temp lower went back 3 days later for check up and asked why the upper did not have metal plate in it and why it was only the basic denture not the classic and when will they do implants and now they say they do not now what I am talking about. Said they deal with so many patients they don't remember everything and my billing shows no implants or metal plate but $257 for each extraction with bone removal that was not done also $528 for alveoloplasty that was not done. Know this because I've seen another dentist who says I need it. Also charged $1199.00 for upper classic and $999 for lower classic. When online the full set of classics is only $824. How can they get away with this. I put up $1000.00 on debit card and the rest on dental first. Day of billing I asked her to refund $1000.00 to card and put all on dental first. She said OK but still haven't seen the $1000.00 back on card after 2 weeks. Keep getting run around. I would like to pay for 7 simple extractions and go somewhere else for dentures. I have lost my trust in there lying to me and giving me the run around. I need to get this fixed because I have sharp bones sticking through my gums. Please help! This is wrong. Billing lady also very rude.

I got x-rays at Aspen Dental around 3 months ago and the dentist who looked at my x-rays put a filter over them and told me I had 11 cavities, and we would be charged over $2,000 if we wanted to get them removed. They charged us over $700 for the x-ray and check up.

Today, I went to my normal town dentist. I only had three cavities.

So, in short, I was *** lied to and overcharged. Aspen Dental should be shut down.

Removing surfacing bone chips after extractions should be a no-charge procedure. Aspen dentists don't want to do no-charge procedures because they get no commission for no charges.

Sure hope you did not let these bozos do your implants. Their infamous "mini-implants" fall out pretty quickly. Let me warn you: you won't get any sort of good denture for less than about $1200.

Probably $1700 is close to the average price. Find someone who does cheap dentures and he will probably skip important steps in fabrication.

@ClydeDDS

They also charged me for Alveoloplasty. I seen another private Dentist and he told me that he couldn't say whether they did or didn't do Alveoplasty.

But if they did they did not do it properly. Know I need to see an Oral surgeon to get it done properly. They destroyed my lower palet. It feels like I still have pieces of tooth protruding.

You can see bone and feel tooth size bone sticking through my gums. Three days after extractions I went back for emergency pain. They said it was because lower immediate denture was not fitting properly. So they slapped soft reliner in it and slammed it into my mouth.

Getting that material in my still healing tooth sockets. Know I have an infection in them and a golf size lump in my neck. It was bigger than it is know but I kept swishing with salt water and little pink pieces of that recliner resin washed out and I think it's getting a little better but it is freaking me out. Worried about blood poisoning.

I would think you shouldn't be doing that until wound heals. Probably why getting infected. They also charged me for classic dentures and gave me basic. With $528 for Alveoloplasty that was not done and $257 per tooth for 7 teeth.

They charged $2327 just for extractions. Comes up to$332.43 per tooth. $999.00 for upper classic.$1199.00 for lower classic. Said I had to get the classics because Dr ordered a metal plate in upper.

When I got them there was no metal plate in upper. And they were there basic dentures not classic. I asked why no metal plate. Replied I see so many customers I can't remember anything about metal plate.

How can they get away with so many mistakes. They really screwed my mouth up. I have contacted a lawyer.

Their screw-ups may have made me rich. If I live through this crap.can not even wear new uppers or lowers so badly out of alignment.

@PompousAkita

Don't count on hitting the jackpot with Aspen. The most they ever settle for is $5000, and that is not very often.

You are right. Alveoplasty should leave the ridge smooth and free of sharp edges. If it still had sharp places, they did not do their job. Look, it will make you sad to tell you this, but you wasted time and money going to a group of bunglers like those that own Aspen.

Patients are always so focused on price.

What they should REALLY be interested in is whether the people owning the practice are honest, and whether the clinicians are actually competent enough to do the job right. The answer to both questions with Aspen is a resounding "NO!"

View more comments (3)
Pricing issue

Aspen Dental in Lowmansville, Kentucky - Tooth fell out

i sent a review on aspen i purchased a full set of teeth from them in 2017 i had to take them 4 times the last time i got them back the next day tooth fell out i was eating a sausage bisquit lucky i dident swallow the tooth i went to them because i could not afford anywhere else i am a senior widow can not afford dental insurance i do need new dentures so i use super glue as my upper is cracked could use help also i have had a bad experince with affordable dentures what is a senior widow to do?

What is a senior widow to do? Go to an reputable Christian dentist recommended by friends or church members- not to shysters at some corporate chain of chop shops advertising on TV.

Sorry, but Super Glue will only hold a short time. Teeth needed heat-cured plastic around them to hold any time. Teeth come out of Aspen's dentures for two reasons: 1. The expensive Comfylite dentures are flexible and do not bond to teeth chemically.

Sometimes lab techs leave wax on the teeth before processing. This prevents good bonding by regular acrylic.

Bad quality

Aspen Dental - Not good

December 27 I had my front tooth filled and January 3 it broke so I went back and they would t fill it and tried to charge me to get a crown. I’ll never go back there again
Bad quality

Aspen Dental - Overcharged!!!

I have been sent a bill that does not add up to the dental work I received!! My insurance company paid there portion and I have from them my portion of the bill that needs to be paid in which I intend to pay in full. However, Trenton a manager at your Horry County, Conway SC Aspen has a outrageous bill sent to a financing company that is no where near what my portion of the bill should be! It's absurd! The fact that he keeps stating his regional manager will fix it, but nothing has been done as of yet and he want give me a number to reach cooperate!
FavorableOrangutan565

Like I previously stated!!! I don't need nor do I want a refund for the dental work!!!

Doctor D. Is a excellent dentist and I need a crown and would like him to do it, I want to pay what I am supposed to pay!! But the bill that was sent to the financing agency is not adding up to the one that I received from my insurance company. I pay all my bills and I never stated that I would not pay!!!!

Neither do I care what you guys get paid either!!! It's none of my concern, however, there was a manager that called me and stated I could receive a printout of my bill!! I intend to get it.

Thanks for nothing, Anonymous, for NOT doing your job. See you soon!!!

Nobody at Aspen has any time or incentive to fix your bill. No Aspen employees are bonused based on correcting patient bills.

There is no time for it. They get bonuses based on the amount of money fleeced from patient-victims. It is not going to get fixed. You are not going to get a refund.

You are going to be squeezed until the get the money they desire from you. After that, I hope you will have the sense never to visit another corporate dental chain clinic for the rest of your life.

View more comments (1)
Resolved

Resolved: Aspen Dental in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina - They do not provide the service as advertised.

1.8

Update by user Feb 10

They contacted me and canceled the invoice they had been billing me for five months. They also explained that the reason they did not clean my teeth is that my insurance carrier said they would pay for the cleaning only if my teeth were all in good shape.

That was not possible without me paying $8,000.00 for total bridge work. So I canceled my dental plan with Physicians Mutual which is another pissed off issue. DO NOT EVER USE PHYSICIANS MUTUAL for a dental plan. I now have HUMANA for prescriptions, vision and dental.

No deductible, and most of all, IT IS FREE. Thanks for helping me resolve this issue with Aspen.

Original review posted by user Jan 11

Listen to their automatic voice message. Notice they guarantee the price quoted is the price you pay. That is a lie. I went to the North Myrtle Beach location to have some troublesome teeth pulled and a partial bridge. My insurance also included a complete cleaning. My first visit they quoted me over $8,000.00 for all of the work I needed. After waiting a year for my insurance to kick in, I returned to have my teeth extracted, cleaning and a partial bridge. The total cost THEY quoted was around $900.00 for the work done after insurance. I paid it. Yet they NEVER CLEANED MY TEETH. Then, to my amazement, I got another bill for $129.00 as the balance due. 1. My bridge does not fit properly although I returned to have it adjusted. I have only worn it for a total of four days in the past seven months. 2. The amount they quoted, showed me before and after the work was completed, and I paid was evidently NOT the final price. I have contacted them and no one is ever available to discuss the matter with me and they hung up on me. I will never return to them under ANY circumstances. They are, bottom line, incompetent, although the dentist who actually worked on my teeth seemed to be OK. But, she evidently wasn't in charge of handling the business aspect of my experience. You may call me for specifics. John Fullagar 832 280-8378. jeftest@aol.com

You got to understand how the business model at these gyp joints work. Young dentists, and many time foreign dentists, are hired hand on a low commission.

They not control anything. Their job is to do the dentistry as best they can with the supplies and instruments and cheap labs they are given. They have no control over anything. Many times the office manager, who is bonused based on the money she collects, "upgrades" treatment plans or even adds things to it.

Aspen dentists tell me how aggravating it is when this happens. It is actually against the law, but what do they care? The whole goal is not to make you satisfied so you will return and refer friends and coworkers, but to squeeze as much money as possible from you, even if it means burying you in debt. No Aspen is owned by dentists.

They are owned by a private equity company named Leonard Green & Company LLC for the benefit of investors.

Please don't think other shyster outfits like Coast, Dental One, Great Expressions, or Western are any different. They are all cut from the same greasy mold.

Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental - They lied to me.

1.4
I went to Aspen Dental for a checkup, and they told me I had a ton of caveties and would also have to have my wisdom teeth taken out because they were decayed, and it would cost me thousands of dollars. Well, I later went to a different dentist, and they revealed my teeth are in great shape and I have just one tiny cavity. So Aspen Dental either lied or doesn't know what they're doing. But they gave a lot of fear and anxiety to someone who has dental anxiety. They were also cold and judgmental.

Yeah, overdiagnosis is a constant problem at this den of thieves. I once saw a young college student planned for 13 fillings at A$pen.

I took my own x-ray and found he had ZERO cavities.

They will milk you for every penny you are worth to meet their monthly revenue targets set by corporate headquarters. Run away from corporate chop shops like A$pen and others like it.

Poor customer service