Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental in Wichita, Kansas - Called to reschedule cleaning appt

Called spoke with Serina to reschedule appt as requested. Told by Serina that I needed to come by office and pay 60% before I could schedule. I stated to her I am not new client this is a hygienist reschedule for repeat services. She said it didn't matter and she still needed 60%. I have paid 100% of services at time of services. Zero balance as records indicate. She still refused to reschedule me. Ridiculous and uncalled for. I felt as though I was being treated as though I was a default status person. When did paying 60% upfront for services when you have a payment history in good standing. With $0 owed. I stated I will find a practice with better ethics and customer service.

For goodness sakes, go to a private practice where responsible patients like you are appreciated. Plenty of independent dentists would LOVE to have a patient like you.

Why did you go to a substandard corporate chop shop to being with? Don't you want to go someplace that won't be a revolving door of dentists and hygienists?

Poor customer service
Featured

Aspen Dental in Edgewater, Florida - Unsatisfactory service

Aspen Dental - Unsatisfactory service
I went to aspen dental in Brighton, MI after an accident that knocked my front tooth out. With three different adepts at getting my crown right, I had very poor experience for months. I had to miss work for every time they got my crown wrong. Finally after the third crown, the color was ok. I told the dentist my lower tooth kept hitting my crown. He keep saying no it’s not. Well we permanently put in the crown. It’s been two months and I was just talking and my crown fell right out. I gagged on it, but the crown was supposed to be permanent. I’m very unhappy and want my money back. I will never go back to that dentist. It was the worst three months, having to consistently take work off to go in. Photo below was taken January 17th 2019.

Seasoned Dentist knows what he/she is talking about.........YES A$pen is in this game for the $$$$$$. When they don't make any they set you up as if YOU ARE THE REASON THEY F**ke* up ROYALLY.... Stay Safe; Stay AWAY from Aspen Dental!

YEP I know your pain. That's why I created Boycott Aspen Dental dot com. Consider joining today!!

You didn't know your tooth out. There is is in the picture.

You chipped your tooth and had to have a crown. A$pen uses the cheapest labs around, many times in China. The cheapest crowns are milled zirconia, which are opaque and hard to bond. Pressed lithium disilicate crowns are prettier.

But they costs more, so a fleabag joint like Aspen won't use them. A quality office like mine has a glazing oven where crowns can be custom tinted. Think scam shops like A$pen would have equipment like this?

Zirconia crowns do not stay on unless incredible care is used in preparing the tooth, and the right adhesive agents are used. Chances are slim a joint like A$pen would do everything right.

@Seasoned Dentist

Wonderful technically correct reply ; your scientific slant on these dental issues is unsurpassed. You're also eminently practical from the business aspect and correctly label that vendor as what they truly are and their mission in life. Thank you.

Let The Buyer Beware

@Seasoned Dentist

I can see it coming : having your teeth shaved down and calling it "baby teeth". The fashion mavens and fairies will love it.

@Seasoned Dentist

I wish my daughter and I had known this before spending $11,000 on a horrible crown that looks like a dog's set, which is causing a severe, and painful, obvious overbite now.

View more comments (6)
Bad quality

Aspen Dental - Full upper teeth extraction botched, softliner material left behind in my gums (continues to get infected) and a sinus perforation that will not heal because of the foreign body embedded in my gums

3 months ago i had all my upper teeth removed and got a full upper denture. They destroyed my gums during extraction causing not just a sinus peferation but a massive hole in my face, they then 6 weeks later without checking to see if it was healed gave me a soft liner, the material penetrated under my gums ( a lot of it) and. Cured to the exposed bone. My gums have grown over the material but the sinus perferation will not heal unless i have surgery. I have seen a sugeron who has said this. They want me to pay another 1000 bucks to fix their mistake. I have been in the office 5 times complaining and the doctor keeps saying im wrong and sending me home even though a surgeon says im right. I continue to get very painful infections because of the forgin material in my gums. And i have been trying for a month now to speak with any kind of managment but they continue to dodge me and dismiss my complaints saying i need to pay to fix their mistake even though they are at fault. This is the lima ohio locatiom

Lima, Ohio or Lima, Peru- A$pen scammers with be A$pen scammers. Big mistake having all your teeth removed.

Bigger by far mistake selecting a chop shop like A$pen to do the dirty deed. Sounds like you got a good case of mistreatment. But remember this- no matter how good a case you have got, collecting the money is another thing entirely. A$pen organized crime syndicate executives say they have no responsibility for the serf-dentists' treatment.

Of course they don't want to talk to you or return your calls. They just want you to get lost and leave them alone. After all, they already got your money. What do they need you for?

And the poor young serf-dentists who work at A$pen have little assets to seize in any court settlement. Can't get blood from turnips.

Best pay to let an honest independent dentist or oral surgeon to correct the mess. Chalk this up to a learning experience.

h.kitchener

Find a local dentist in private practice and book an exam for him to see what's going on. Relying on Aspen is a waste of time.

@h.kitchener

That's the plan of action. Super frustrated with this situation

You're getting blown off because your feeble attempts at calling are not going to resolve this. This situation is way beyond calling and having a rational discussion ending in resolution with people who don't care or are instructed to dodge liability at all cost.

Everything must be conducted in writing and served via Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested. You should get at least one more opinion in addition to the surgeon and get the problem fixed before it gets even more unhealthy for you.

Aspen Dental - Agonizing pain

1.6
Got tooth pulled not by surgeon. Dentist cut into the bone 2x to get roots out. Made temporary that had metal I am allergic to. Said warnings in file about metal didn't transfer to new computer system. Want to get work finished at different branch. The other branch won't take me because they charged me an additional 300 dollars for work I did not receive.

Guess you should have saved that tooth instead of having it extracted, right? You think things will be different at another A$pen branch.

You think a different branch will have competent dentists, huh? That is like after being mauled by a lion in South Africa, and lion in Tanzania will not be dangerous. It isn't the location of the danger! You are delusional.

A$pen and other chains like it are dangerous places to get dental care, especially surgery.

Nobody but the lowest bottom-feeders work at sleazy places like this for long. Try to get any refund you can manage, then high-tail it to the nearest competent private dental practice.

Aspen Dental - HORRIBLE!

1.4
I first sought them out because they were the closest place to do everything in office (dentist, surgeon, etc) I went in and got all my teeth pulled and was fitted for dentures. They told me the dentures wouldn’t look fake, would fit perfectly and there would be no issues. It has been 3 months and I have yet to wear them because they do not fit. Before and after this procedure, they did not prescribe any antibiotics nor any pain meds of any kind. They did not tell me it would be 148$ PER tooth, plus, they added a 2,000$ bill on top of the 3,100$ they billed me. Also, they found a lump in my gums that they were ‘worried’ about. It wasn’t bothering me but they insisted to take a sample. So I schedule an appointment 2 weeks ahead and they tell me 2 days before my appointment the price, which I couldn’t afford. So I wait for my new insurance with the new year. January 14, I go to my ‘8:30am’ appointment. Myself along with others in the waiting room are left waiting 3 plus hours. They finally take me in at 11:30am after multiple complaints. After the procedure (which they took a chunk of BONE) they tell me “oh and don’t call later for pain medicine” so I’m left to deal with excruciating pain for a procedure I didn’t even need to begin with. They told me it was a non-malignant fibroma. After all this, they harass me about my insurance and harass my husband while he is working, then after talked to, showed no apologetic concern. These are just some of my main problems. This type of management is ridiculous.

How's them comfi-junk dentures working out.

If they had not biopsied that tissue and it turned out to be cancerous, I bet you would have been mad! Still, a fibroma is common enough, especially on the lip, that I don't always biopsy it.

Pretty stupid of them not to prescribe a pain reliever after surgery. Hardly ever does a denture fit "perfectly" and need no adjustments. That is why we always try to talk patients out of getting ALL their teeth pulled, which is usually a big mistake, as you found out. It is a sad tale, yours is.

You made the bad decision to yank out all your teeth, then you picked the worst possible place to do it.

I run the numbers for patients all the time, and full extractions and dentures is never the cheapest option. There are tons of dentists, ex-mililtary especially, that do extractions and dentures, and do it more economically than A$pen.

I'm sorry you've suffered such a fiasco. That hardly covers it. There are hundreds of complaints similar to yours posted to this website and it's awful to think of each of them as an individual's story of pain, problems, and financial burden ; all resulting in unsatisfactory outcomes.

@Anonymous

It was the dentists that said I needed to have all teeth yanked out. It was the ‘cheapest’ option. And I don’t have the comfi-fit, I opted against them.

Review
#1451999 Review #1451999 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bad quality

Aspen Dental in Madison, Wisconsin - Nothing but dissatisfaction!! had approximately 25 extractions'

Having to get alot of extractions' at once was terrifying to me,their inability to get a Dr. within 2 months was utterly bs! My dentures were so horribly fitting from the start,I went in for first adjustments and some *** just ground off some areas and left sharp edges that were cutting my gums! I ended up filling them and adjusting them to where they would fit my mouth that they won't even work on them and I lost over 50 lbs since then and haven't been able to eat decently since!! Anyone and everyone should not consider going there. I've been a complete mess since they worked on me and hopefully no one else has to go through what I have been going through!

You didn't see our beautiful 25yr old model showing off her dentures in our tv add? Yes, our dentures suck.

You just have to smile harder. NO refunds!

Don't know why you were intent on making the bad decision of having all your teeth pulled. Some teeth and partials are always better than no teeth and full dentures.

Guess some patients got to learn the hard way. Very few dentists extract ALL the teeth anymore, for obvious reason. But if patients INSIST, the way to do it is: 1. Extract all back teeth and smooth the bone, and let that heal for AT LEAST 3 months.

2. Take impressions and bite records. Have lab GUESS where front gums will heal, and fabricate dentures. 3.

Extract front teeth and insert dentures. Bet this was not the way it way done at Aspen with you, was it? Even when you do it the RIGHT day, the patient will need a reline within 3 months. You are right.

Going to a clinic just because it was close to you was a bad idea. Next time, ask real people you work and socialize with for a recommendation of which dentist to patronize.

View more comments (1)

Aspen Dental in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Bottom denture hurts

I have been trying to set up login, I'm having difficulty trying to set up login. I give up doing that. I want to cut through the chase, I want to talk to someone regarding my dentures. ,I do not want to login and all that *** that go with it. Give me a phone number to the compliant department.
#1632098

They don't want to talk to you. They will do everything possible to avoid talking to you.

They aren't going to redo your denture, as cr@ppy as your denture probably is. They got your money, and that is the important thing. They just want you to shut up, quit bothering them, and go away. They know that few patients will follow through and file a lawsuit.

Even if you do, they got enough lawyers so they can beat most lawsuits. You went to some bandits who illegally own dental clinics instead of a regular dentist. You made a big mistake.

You are now paying for that mistake. My hope is you don't make the same mistake again by going to another sleazy chain like Affordable Dentures, Coast Dental, or Great Expressions.

Aspen Dental in Carmel, Indiana - Horrible experience for my mother

my mother went in because her dentures were to fitting and lose with her weight loss. after 1400.00. she is still having to use power adhesive three times a day before shewing food. This is not acceptable. We have gone back to the Muncie Indiana office multiple times with poor response............the Dr even said they had not ever been relines or worked on, when in fact they had been in his office for a week...... we need our money back Nila Haines customer Debbie Vaughn.

Please don't take your mother to these shat bags at aspen dental

Nila, When patients lose weight, their dentures often become loose. A denture reline is necessary.

A good reline done in a lab takes a day and costs $450-$550. You can't expect them to do it for free, since it is not their fault your mother lost weight. A reline must be done carefully. The least error will throw the bite off.

The least error will throw the bite off and ruin the denture. Look, you won't get these dentures fixed by bozos like Aspen.

Better to just go to an independent dentist to have the reline. Just kiss the Aspen den of thieves goodbye.

View more comments (1)
Review
Pros
  • Clean office
  • Receptionist
Cons
  • Work is very poorly done
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Aspen Dental in Johnson City, Tennessee - Hidden charges

We were given a total price before our procedures and now have a tremendous amount of hidden charges. Our insurance has paid remarkably good and we have paid thousands out of pocket

Same issue with us. Only part of the services were rendered but are being charged for more.

You did not like the $13 electric tooth brush we sold you for $125? Best deal ever.

Hidden charges, huh? That little artistry is usually added by front desk people, when they are short of revenue for bonus checks toward the end of the month.

Add some things like pulp tests, oral hygiene instructions, indirect pulp caps. In other words, pad the bill to make corporate headquarters think the office is meeting its goal. That is what corporate dentistry is all about- 20% ROI for the private equity shysters that own the shebang.

Don't like it? Go to a real licensed dentist who owns the office he works in.

View more comments (2)
Pricing issue

Aspen Dental in Lakeland, Florida - Fraudulant Billing Practice

2.0
I went in to the Aspen Dental Office in Lakeland, Florida for a dental repair. I had popped a tooth from the denture. The denture was under warranty and was supposed to be repaired, free of charge. I did not ask for, nor did I receive any other service. They have been billing me for $85 for an exam I did not receive. Why should I par for a service I did not receive? It makes me wonder how many others have been billed for service they hadn't received and paid it unknowingly.

Ha-ha! The joke is on you!

You got the repair free, but an "exam" charge was added to pad the bill! What pranksters those Aspen employees are! Ever ask yourself why a denture tooth comes out? Gosh, it has been years since it happened on a denture I made.

The flexible nylon material on Aspen's most expensive dentures does not bond to teeth, so they fall out. In sloppy denture construction wax is left on teeth before processing, and that wax prevents the tooth from being held in tightly. Aspen doesn't want to fix your bill. It has no interest in accurate accounting nor billing.

Employees don't earn commissions by straightening out patient bills. The earn commission by filching as much money from every patient that walks in the door.

That is what Wall Street private equity types are born to do. Next time, go to an independent dental practice owned by an actual licensed dentist.

@Anonymous

Couldn't have said it better myself. Get a real dentist.

Check with friends, relatives, etc.

and find out hat they do and their level of satisfaction. For some reason people trust chain companies like this ; guess they're used to McDonald's or Red Lobster.

I started with a contract of 3200.00 for dental work in 2017. To date I have paid over 6000.00.

Their accounting is terrible.I have 2 columns of credit,no debits and they still bill me for 100s due.

They will not talk on the phone or answer written correspondense. They have threatened me to a collection agency.Next stop is an attorney.

@jere zitsch

They don't want to talk to you or communicate with you in any way. They know you will never return.

So before you go, they want to squeeze you for as many dollars as they can. Do a Google search on all the lawsuits Aspen is involved.

You will be amazed at all the pending legal actions against them. Their costs for legal representation must be enormous.

Review
Pros
  • Product
Cons
  • Billing for services not received
Poor customer service