Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental review in East Greenbush, New York: Overcharged

Have been waiting since December I was overcharged for initial office visit. I had coupon for free first visit because I don’t have insurance but was charged to my credit card

If you had a coupon for a free first visit, why on earth did you give them your credit card. That request right there should have alerted you to an impending scam.

Just think- a coupon for dental services. What kind of shyster health care outfit sells services using coupons. That sort of advertising gimmick is for ginzu knives and such.

The only thing harder than getting competent dental care from these shysters is getting a refund of a legitimate credit balance. They are woefully overleveraged in debt.

Problems with payment

Aspen Dental review: Sucked

I tried calling but the number wasn’t in service.
Poor customer service

I also had serious problems in Aspen Dental New Hampshire office I went in to have teeth removed they pulled 13 teeth in 10 minutes didn't loosen it any of them they went in and just

Didn't loosen it any of them they went in and just grabbed and yanked they broke a lot of the sockets. not the teeth , the sockets which are where the teeth sit... so when they pulled the tooth all the broken sockets where sharp as can be. They used no water to rinse the sockets out after removing the broken teeth so I was bleeding so badly they stitched everything up right over the pointy brocken sockets. The next morning all the stitches fell out that's how poorly they were stitched. It does not end there. When I went back the next morning to have the stitches repaired I told them how much pain I was in because all the pointy broken pieces of my teeth were digging into the nerves they told me that was normal which of course it is not.. if they had rinsed my mouth with water they would have washed broken pieces out but she was in so much of a hurry to get my mouth stitched up and get me on my way after two weeks of pain and it still was not healing I went back again and told them someone has got to pull These Broken Pieces out I could see them sticking out of the skin I had no choice but to do it myself I opened up the Stitch and told big broken pieces out put them in a piece of paper envelope and return them to Aspen Dental then they finally acknowledged the fact that they were broken large pieces in my tooth sockets the way they repair that was they took a big file and filed down my gums it was the worst thing I've ever been through I felt as though I was in a third world country having my teeth done.. in the process of filing down my gum and the sharp broken sockets, they filed down so far down that they damaged the nerves now my bottom lip hangs down and my upper lip is pulled up they have disfigured my lips to the point it is very notticable when i speak.

Some bone breakage is inevitable when extracting teeth. That is why we try to convince patients to save rather than extract teeth.

It is no picnic having teeth removed in middle or old age. Part of doing the job right is smoothing sharp bone with instruments called rongeurs or bone files before stitching the gums closed. Even doing this occasionally pieces of bone die and make their way through the gums. Not sure why you went to get a *** job at a place like Aspen rather than go to a professional independent dentist.

You can see the results! Never believe another stupid dental clinic advertising on TV again!

Aspen Dental Dental Services
Bad quality

Aspen Dental review in Mount Plymouth, Florida: Knowledge & treatment? 0 - Cost Extravagant

They take my insurance so as I'm new in The Villages I went in. Told I needed deep scaling (not surprised as I am aware of gum issues). September 2018 spend $1400 for treatments. Back in January 2019 for 'routine cleaning'. A different person says "I cannot do the cleaning unless you sign an agreement to have four more deep scaling appointments." Meanwhile she commented to the trainee present, "see, this is why we need more training. The patient was not properly instructed on using the follow up products so I will start over". I don't know if the September person was incompetent or this January person was conning me. Either way it was infuriating. I left with no treatment and found an honest dentist. Other professionals have said it is not acceptable for deep cleaning to be done four months apart. I think Aspen is a money grabbing machine!! Sad Angry

This is what you get when you have a revolving door of dentists and hygienists who last about 6 months before getting a better job somewhere else. Even mopping floors at Waffle House is more honest work.

Even if they got competent staff, they aren't scheduled enough time to do the job right. A scaling appointment for 2 quadrants should be allotted 1 1/2 hours. Thank goodness you left these clowns and found an honest person to treat you.

You are right about about Aspen being a money-filching machine. Actually it is more like a black hole in deep space sucking every dollar into it.

Machele

Be very suspicious of these dental mills and their diagnosis of your need for a "deep cleaning." This is not a commonly-needed procedure although it seems to be rather common with places like Aspen. Perhaps the large cost for it determines how often it is said to be needed. Your best bet for dental care is a good dentist in private practice in your area, not a dental mill.

View more comments (1)
Aspen Dental Customer Care
Cons
  • Bad service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Aspen Dental review in Hudson, Florida: Problem with dentures

No answer....said not available in my area.
Product
Aspen Dental Dentures
Order processing issue

Aspen Dental review in Scituate, Massachusetts: Lack knowledge

My experience was good untill the financing part. I was turned down for getting any money to help with the cost! But here is the question that they staff should have done, I went in and made the appointment with mt husband! They never did the financing together, he gets help and I don't !
Problems with payment

Aspen Dental review: To much for the racket they are running

With dental insurance the cost is terrible and the dental office will add it up baby. Found out the women you see for payment is married to the dentist. They added appointments for months in advance and added it to the bill, he did so many fillings and placed a crown took 4 hours with me up side down my blood pressure was so high after and I don't have high blood pressure normally. I cancel the next appointment for a top gum cleaning. I cancelled the appointment and ask them to take it off my bill it was almost $300 dollars. I couldn't believe it. The dead line for no interest I don't think I'm gonna make it. But I won't be going back to Aspen dental.

Having dental insurance at a joint like Aspen is like giving them a license to steal. They rip uninsured patients off badly enough.

Nice of them to collect money from a predatory lender far in advance of when they will actually perform the treatment, isn't it? The sad thing is you will be hounded and your credit ruined by that predatory loan shark outfit A$pen loves to use.

Better file a dispute now in small claims court. Otherwise they will have you paying for years for treatment you never even received.

Aspen Dental Dental Insurance
Pricing issue

Aspen Dental review in Columbus, Ohio: They tried to kill me now they are robbing me

I went to Aspen dental for fillings. 20 days later I had problems with the same teeth I had work when I called to try to make an appointment the office manager lied to me and gave me the wrong address to Aspen dental in the city and state that I was in because I was out of town on an emergency. I kept calling them telling them that it is very unprofessional for them to give me the wrong information, and to not schedule me an appointment as soon as possible and not give me information in regards to the dental work that was done. I had to call another Aspen dental office thinking that because all of the Aspen dental offices are connected that I would not be charged For work that was done by their company. They still charged me and then when I got in there to have the root canal completed after they gave me an abscess on one of my teeth and almost died and I had to go to an emergency dentist and he sent me by ambulance to the emergency room in Las Vegas and I’m from Ohio. The dentist then wanted me to sign a waiver freeing them from any damage that was done I refuse that and I told him I have never did that before and that I wanted them to refund all of my $700 back to my account, and I wanted to make a formal complaint with their general manager or regional manager. They have not given me my money back North has a general manager or manager or dentist or regional manager or any manager from Aspen dental has reached out to contact me in anyway shape or form. To be honest I really want to file a complaint with the Ohio dentistry board as well as with the police department as well as with the Ohio civil rights commission

Let me break some hard news to you. A$pen dentists are woefully underpaid.

They work on commission. Most are deep in student loan debt. The first A$pen dentist who worked on you got the commission. To any A$pen dentist anywhere else, doing a post-op clean-up will be a no-charge procedure.

Meaning he will be paid NOTHING for treating you. So the real deal is there is no motivation to treat you at the second office. They have the corporate gun to their head to produce revenues, and retreating you will not do a thing to accomplish that goal. A$pen is sued all the time and has better lawyers than you can ever afford.

No matter how good your case, you probably will not prevail against them. That is how they roll at scam shops like A$pen.

Forget the corporate chop shops, and go to a real dentist who owns his practice. That way at least your state board of dentistry can intervene on your behalf if you have problems.

Aspen Dental Dental Filling

Aspen Dental review: Was asked to not come back

Had swelling. Went to Aspen Dental, 1st time. Xrays, prescription given. Made appt. 4 days later on a Sat. Showed up, closed. Left upset VM. No one called, Mon or Tues. I called Tues. at 11. Appt for 445. Sat in chair 1hr. Asked to see dentist as I wanted to leave as no one even came in. In an upset tone. Explained my week. Was told not her fault..why taking it out on her. Really!!! At this point I wanted out of there. Office mgr scheduled for Wed 9am. I come home to get a phone call that they are sending me to another location as the dentist does NOT want to treat me!! REALLY! So here I am still not knowing what is wrong with my teeth!!!! NEVER IN MY LIFE banned from a medical facility! Dr Effat Ahmadi, does not know how to respond to customer satisfaction, just throws you out! Aspen office in Riverview FL...DO NOT GO to be treated so badly!

Another victim of the old "Make an appointment for Saturday when the office is not open" prank. Those Aspen jokesters crack me up!

You fell for it! Wonder if Dr. Ahmadi was one of those famous Aspen H1B visa dentists. Aspen loves to import foreign dentists so they can control them.

Refusal to participate in Aspen scams might lead to dropping the H1B visa support! Want better treatment?

Try an independent dentist who owns his practice. They all over the place.

Machele

Find a local dentist, not one with a dental mill like Aspen.

View more comments (1)