Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental review: Can not afford my monthly payment

3.0
I can’t chew with my partial and my payment are to high I am on a budget
Product
Aspen Dental Dentures
Bad quality

Aspen dentals underhanded tactics

My wife had been dealing with a toothache for a couple of months, holding out from seeing a dentist until I was able to get her on my insurance. The initial appointment was on 1/14/19 in which they did an examination. The effective date for the insurance was on or slightly after 1/1/19, but she hadn’t been put into the system yet, so I paid for that visit out of pocket. After the examination we were taken back into an office where they presented us a $5,000 estimate of work that supposedly needed done. They were persistent in shoving this bill in our face without giving us many options, but she was in pain so I applied for Care Credit with the intent to establish a means of payment so we can get done what needed to be done first and worry about the rest later. Before I get to the part where I shot myself in the foot, there were pressure tactics applied. They were applied to the wife first, getting her all worked up and then conveyed to me which gave advantage to the manager to rush me through the process without fully explaining to me the details of what I’m getting myself into. Her next appointment was on 1/16/19 where the charges were in the amount of $2.169.30 and no extractions, so we decided to stop there and have my wife find another dentist. She called and canceled her next appointment with Aspen dental. I received the statement from Care Credit and Aspen Dental had taken the full amount of $5,053 of a $5,000 credit limit before the work was even performed, putting me in the negative. I called Aspen dental to discuss this and asked them to apply the unused funds back on my Care Credit, that my wife had canceled the appointment and we were dissatisfied and not going forward. Haven’t heard anything back nor have they reapplied the funds. I have no problem paying for the work already done, but I filed a dispute with Care Credit on the charges.

This is one of the very things they got in trouble with a state attorney general for- charging for procedures before they were even done. This is a criminal act.

No honest does this. The legal billing date for procedures are the day the are done, or the day the final impression is made, NOT BEFORE. I wish you had the financial means to rake these shysters over the coals in court, even sue them for fraud. However, A$pen gets sued all the time and has a team of lawyers to defend all their criminal activity.

A$pen has debt out the *** Consequently, once funds are in their corporate bank account, it is like matter being sucked into a Black Hole in outer space. It is nearly impossible to get it out. Find out if it is legal in your state for non-dentists to own practices. In most states it is not.

If illegal, write your state legislator and ask why people who are not dentists are being allowed to break the law by owning practices.

Urge your state dental board to enforce the laws on the books. Dentists should own dental practices, not Wall Street shysters.

Machele

Not much to say, but good luck to you. These dental mills are definitely not the place to go for good dental care, nor for reasonable pricing.

Best to find a dentist in your area in private practice.

Ask friends, etc. for referrals.

Aspen Dental Dental Service
Cons
  • Being put off and lied to
  • Dentist using my wife as a pressure tactic
  • Shady billing practices
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Full refund

Aspen Dental review: $200 Deposit refund policy

I had a estimate done I am in a lot of pain and just needed to get it fixed- my cost after insurance is 6,000!.... they asked for a deposit so I gave the $200 that was asked but I have had a couple of opinions and wow they were shocked on what I was getting charged ..example $135 for a toothbrush and other RIDICULOUS charges wth- I know better but I am desperate to not have this pain- was desperate.... they didn't even offer a prescription for antibiotics after they told me it was infected... I asked... this whole experience has been eye opening and when you are the patient in pain you are desperate but after talking to other companies and having charges brought to my attention is just disgusting and I'm embarrassed to have fallen to actually going on with it because I am in pain but can't wrap around the fact that your company was disgusting in the amount of money I was going to pay smh... unreal what the heck happened? I'm in shock.

That is how the Aspen crooks roll. Take advantage of vulnerable patients in pain- particularly the poor, disabled, and elderly.

Instead of fixing the acute problem, do an exam of their entire mouth, develop a dream plan of every expensive procedure that could be done, then charge it all up front using a loan shark operation. That is what happen when Wall Street crooks own dental clinics instead of licensed dentists.

PLEASE only trust independent dentists that own their own practices from here on in. Other corporate chain practices like Coast, Great Expressions, and the like are not much better.

@Dental Advocate

I am... I called to get my deposit money back...

They didn't ask why is everything ok what can we do lol it was ok we will refund your money .... customer service they need a crash course!

Aspen Dental Dental Services

Aspen Dental review: $1000 charge for deep dental cleaning outrageous

2.8
We have insurance and even with that the cost was $1000. They refused to let us sign a document releasing them of liability (which other dentists have done) and refused to do a regular cleaning.

You need open heart surgery. But your insurance company doesn't cover it.

Do you then request gall bladder removal, just because it will be covered at 100%? No, of course not! If you truly have gum pockets and need scalings, a simple cleaning will not do any good. Problem is, A$pen's favorite scam is to plan deep scalings on patients with healthy gums.

Why you went to a shyster outfit like A$pen is a mystery. Time to go to an honest independent dentist and find out if you even need deep scaling or not.

Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning
Cons
  • Being charged an huge amt of money for cleaning
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental review: Horrible

Aspen dental is one of the worst places I have ever dealt with. I would never send anyone to this place because of what happen. I had opened a account with this company for my daughter. They put things on the bill that I had already paid for. Then I received my bill the next month and they put on my bill $1531.00 without even asking me, that it was not ok with me. So I called the company to find out why they put this on my bill I could not get a answer, so I finally call again and get the person who does the billing, and she states that she will call me back. This was on a Tuesday and she stated that she would call me back on a Wednesday to explain why this amount was put on my bill, she NEVER DID. So I had to call my credit card which they are a dental credit card and had to complain to them and finally they took off the amount. As of this date first let me tell you they never had the ok to put that amount on my bill and second of all they still never got back to me what that $1531.00 was for. Than my daughter goes in today to get her upper partials put in now, this has been since June 2018, now they want to charge her $349.00 more or they would not give her upper partials, so I had to agree to pay this amount of $349.00. Then they wanted my socail security number so they could put this on my bill, so I asked why when they put the 1531.00 on my bill they never had the ok to do so nor did they use my social security number she could say a word. Now by this time I have paid $10,000.00 dollars worth of work. Every time my daughter has gone in to get fitted for her upper partials they did not have them, than she goes in again and they are trying to give her bottom partials which she was not tobut only upper partials. Now this has been going on since June 13 2018. I have had it with this company, I will be calling my attorney on this matter for the things they had done without asking, and puttting me though this plus my daughter. I will never deal with this company ever again. Oh yes if you want to know my name is Cynthia Godby. Thank you for such a stressful situation that I have ever been through to get someone's teeth fixed.

Cynthia, You picked the very worst people in the USA to do dental work for your daughter. The owners are not licensed dentists, but Wall Street private equity flim-flam artists.

Crooks will be crooks! Designing and fabricating partial dentures that fit well is a very difficult tasks. Aspen Dental, with its inexperienced young dentists, and the cheap mediocre labs they are forced to use, are the last people that could possibly fabricate good partials for your daughter. By the way, expect to pay $1500-$2000 for a quality partial denture.

BEWARE- If you are gainfully employed, and Aspen gets your social security number, the sky is the limit to what your daughter and you will be billed for.

You might even be dragged into bankruptcy. Better to borrow the money from an honest source like a credit union that owe the money to crooks like Aspen or their finance company.

Aspen Dental Customer Care
Cons
  • Was the worst company i had ever dealt with

Aspen Dental review: Loose dentures

1.2
I had my teeth extracted 1/4/19. I had purchased natural light dentures . The dentist wouldn't put them in because my mouth was swollen after the extractions. I understood that so I went back in 2 weeks They placed the uppers in but held off on the lowers. I went back in2 weeks and and was told the bottoms would have to be remade. I wasn't happy but said okay. I went back in a week and had impressions done. went back another week thinking I was going to get my teeth and was told I was just trying them on. I was not happy. I told the tech they were loose and she said don`t worry we`ll fix them, I went back a week later. The Dentist known as Dr.Taz came in put my dentures in and had me bite down I told him they were still loose. He put them back in and told me I was good to go. I told him again thet were very loose. He said they`ll be alright and walked away. The tech handed me a bag with Fixodent in it and walked away. I tried to eat some soft grilled nuggets and my teeth fell out. VERY EMBAARSISNG . I am Very frustrated!! Angry

It doesn't work to extract all the teeth and put dentures in immediately. No textbook teaches this.

Here are the options that will work: 1. Extract teeth and contour the bone smooth. Wait THREE MONTHS before taking the final impression and fabricating the dentures. 2.

Extract ALL THE BACK TEETH and contour the bone smooth. Wait three months for healing. Then take an impression of the ridges and the remaining teeth. Have a lab ESTIMATE what the front ridge will look like without teeth and fabricate dentures.

Then extract the rest of the teeth when the dentures are inserted. Even done perfectly, dentures made this way will not fit that accurately and need reline very soon. Doing dentures in ways other than the above, like you had done, does not work. Getting really good at doing extractions and making dentures takes many many years for a dentist.

You made a big mistake extracting all your teeth. Bet dentists warned you about it all your life, didn't they?

William E
@Seasoned Dentist

Nobody warned me this is not my fault!

Product
Aspen Dental Dentures
Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental review: Sorry dentist that judged instead of doing her job

This dentist went and pulled a molar well she broke that one dug around and got most of the rest but i had a pre molar that was in front of the tooth that I had pulled she just about pulled it all the way out and all she could say was opps and when she got done me hurting like *** sent me home with nothing for pain I tried for 2 days to get something all she said was we can pull,plate or crown there was nothing wrong with this tooth and 2 or so weeks later still can't eat and that was the only tooth left on the bottom that ligned up with the top so I could chew now I'm gonna have to go to a real Dentist and spend extra money I don't have to get something done and by the way I am on disability and that ain't much left over to spend ASPEN DENTAL SUCKS AND WILL NOT HELP FIX THERE SCREW UP

When someone halfway extracts a tooth, the blood supply is severed, and the dental pulp dies. Then the only way to save it is by a root canal.

So that stupid mistake will cost you a root canal, post, and crown. Now tell me again how much money you saved going to a chop shop like A$pen instead of a regular dentist in private practice?

Aspen Dental Tooth Extraction
Cons
  • Dentist that screwed up a tooth that was fine
Work Experience or Job Application
Preferred solution
Pay another dentist to save this tooth.Signature Smiles
Tags
  • They Are A Joke

Aspen Dental review in Chesterfield, Michigan: Unsatisfactory service

I am being over charged for services that was not submitted to my insurance correctly
Aspen Dental Dental Services
Problems with payment

Aspen Dental review: Scamming dentists

If I could put 0 stars. I would! I went in last Thursday (12/27/2108) and asked to have a cracked tooth pulled that is causing me SEVERE pain to the point that just breathing hurts. I went in and was told that I needed to have a surgical procedure to have it cut out. I said okay. Who was I to know the difference? They're the ones who have degrees and do this professionally, right? I got an appointment to have it pulled that day after paying the $240 for it upfront. (Please note that this is very odd for dentists... I've never been to one that charged upfront.) The dentist lady came in and injected two shots of the numbing agent. Once I was numb, she used a tool called an elevator to rock the tooth, then used the forceps to pull it out. Now, I thought that was a little strange. Nothing particularly 'surgical' about that extraction. I called and asked the difference between the two on 01/02/2019 around 9am. The lady at the desk said she would talk to the dentist and call me back. I didn't receive a call back. I called again today (01/03/2019) around 12. I was told that a normal extraction is where the tooth is rocked then pulled out. A surgical requires a drill or cutting. My tooth was rocked and pulled. Surgical extractions are $240. Normal extractions are $130. So I was overcharged $110 to have a tooth removed that I DIDN'T ask to be removed. And they left the tooth I ASKED to be removed! When I called and asked the lady said it was because of the 'condition of the tooth being removed. It could have broken, even though it didn't.' Even though it didn't. DIDN'T. I tried to ask the receptionist if they could just go in and pull the proper tooth since I was overcharged, anyway. All she could do was proclaim that the dentist REFUSED to do anymore work on me unless I paid more and that she wouldn't change her decision. I tried to ask the receptionist what would they have done differently had I paid for a normal extraction. She couldn't answer my question. She simply skirted around it and kept saying things like, "If the tooth had broken off..." "Like I said, they had to mark it as a surgical procedure due to the condition of the tooth." But why does the condition of the tooth make it a surgical procedure if the dentist didn't have to do anything different than what they do at a normal extraction? On top of that, they prescribed me Ibuprofin for the pain .... Ibuprofin. The bottle literally says that. I was diagnosed with chronic migraines over ten years ago. I take stronger medicine on an almost daily basis because of them. And that wasn't touching my tooth pain. What's even worse is that after all of this, I heard another horror story from the same place with my roommate's mother. They were supposed to remove her wisdom tooth pulled. Instead, they pulled the THREE teeth in front of it, against her wishes. I don't know many people in Beckley, WV since I just moved here a few months ago. The fact that this happened to someone else that I know is astronomical.

I don't understand. You said you went in to have a cracked tooth PULLED.

They extracted it. Then you say you did not want it extracted? But you are right about being overcharged. A SIMPLE extraction is removed by elevator or forceps.

A SURGICAL removal requires sectioning the roots and/or bone removal, and ALWAYS sutures afterwards. So you are right, you were charged in error. Pretty chintzy of them not to at least give you a prescription for Torradol. It will be a nightmare and probably take a court appearance to get the difference refunded.

Best save your time and chalk it up as a lesson learned. A$pen or any other chain clinics owned by investors rather than licensed dentists make a poor choice for dental care.

Aspen Dental Tooth Extraction
Cons
  • Rude customer service
  • Ripoffs
Bad quality
Full refund
Tags
  • pulled Wrong Tooth

Aspen Dental review: Unsatisfactory

Scheduled a appt a week ahead. Arrived for my 11 o’clock appt. many people came in and went back. At noon a lady walked in sat down a few min later she was called to the desk and told they go to lunch at 12 she needed to come back at 1. Another lady came in sat a little bit told her the same thing. At 12:30 they told me I would need to come back bc it was lunch and they are behind. I said are u serious I’ve been here for over an hour. My appt was at 11. She basically just kept repeating herself. I said well I’ve waited this long and left. I came back at 1:05 sat down used the rest room. Watched 2 ppl be called back before they called me up to tell me I lost my spot bc I didn’t verbally say “I’m coming back”. I had an emergency abscess! This place is a joke! Go to Russellville Family Dentistry in Russellville Ky!

An appointment with Aspen means you will probably be seen sometime that day. The only thing that is certain: you will pay in advance for whatever they plan to do for you. And what you will be charged is no bargain.

Go anywhere besides Aspen Dental!

Aspen Dental Customer Care