Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Aspen Dental review: Commissioned model

1.2
This is my 3rd attempt to recoup over charges. I paid in full for my services and upon recipient afterwards, the price was different. I’ve received several reasons ,as well as, several staff possible mistakes. After research I discovered this is the commission scam model! Article: FRONTLINE ASPEN DENTAL

Most dentists who do not own their practices are on commission. The difference is most employee dentists in private practice do not stoop to overtreating patients to earn commission.

At a shyster joint like Aspen, anything goes. Inflate dental treatment costs anyway you can to make bonus that month. If the dentist doesn't, his *** might be out the door next month, with no employment to pay off his student loans. By the way, Aspen is very deep in debt.

Any money that makes it into their corporate bank account will never see the light of day. So that means your chances are slim you will ever get any refund.

Next time, try a reputable dentist that owns his own practice. At least you will dealing with an honest person.

Aspen Dental Dental Service

Aspen Dental review: No service

Aspen Dental review - No service
Aspen Dental review - No service
I made an appt because I broke 2 teeth, one lower left molar and one top right molar. Since I am a gov't employee, my insurance covered x-rays and cleaning. All I got was the x-ray, not the cleaning. I was then taken to a female who does the billing. A young girl in her very early 20's. $1900 was going to be MY co-pay for all of the work I needed. I was ok with that since I hadn't had any REAL work in just under 26 yrs when I had my daughter. But to be told that I had to pay $500 a tooth to at fixed at the time of work completion, I told her I didn't have. She checked some kind of insurance credit card, that I didn't qualify for, oh, forgot to mention that I just had 2 major surgeries for CANCER on 10/27/17 AND 01/12/18 because the 1st surgery spread and I still owed $1800 in copays from those surgeries. Now, I'm CANCER-FREE! She made the comment that I should have been going to the dentist every year then I wouldn't be in this situation! I said, well, LIFE happened. She said my parents took me every year and I don't have problems with my teeth. Well good for you lil gurl! My mom did us 3 girls also, only MY fillings are so old, they are breaking off inside of the tooth which is WHY I'm here. Needless to say, STILL didn't get the services offered for FREE by my insurance, AND I STILL have 2 broken teeth! What I am MOST upset about is the commercial I just saw with a military member who HAD NO INSURANCE, and Aspen Dental had the NERVE to say, "We do ALL we can to help!" AND FIXED HIS TEETH!! NO THEY DON'T! AT LEAST NOT FOR ME! Now HOW can I get MY broken teeth fixed!!??

My problem. I went for emergency work and received NOTHING, *** THEY were more worried about getting money for the TOTAL treatment instead of doing what was being asked, AND doing the work that came with my insurance!

Even with what they were asking, some of us didn't have the need for dentists because our teeth wasn't a problem until recently. And I most definately don't have $500 per tooth in emergency situations when I pay bills also.

You 2 could have kept your comments to yourself, I pay for my insurance, always have and always have had a job. Is it because the person was a vet, it was ok for them to service him for free?

@Ms. Bankhead

They treat a veteran or two for free for a PR stunt, and rip off the rest of the vets. I've had plenty of vets come to me from Aspen who have been ripped off.

You are right about one thing. Health providers are always supposed to treat the patient's chief complaint whether it is a toothache or a chipped tooth. Aspen uses every emergency to concoct a colossal, expensive treatment plan, and tries to get the patient to pay for it up front with help from a loan shark. No honest dentist does that.

"Our teetth wasn't a problem until recently." LOL! You thought! In actuality, the decay started a long time ago.

It would have been so much cheaper to treat it back then. That is why preventive dentistry pays off big time.

@Anonymous

NOW THIS comment I can appreciate. That's all I was upset about.

U charged my insurance but didn't provide the cleaning services I was due but wanted me to pay thru the nose for ththe rest of the work. I would have paid, IF they had just fixed the bad teeth first!!

It's been *** tryna eat!! Thank you!

What is your beef exactly? That you cannot afford the treatment you need?

Why is that the dentist's fault? You are not any victim to speak of!

What you need is not simple. The bottom may need a root canal, post, and crown.

The upper at least a crown. And no telling how much other treatment I cannot see without an x-ray. Treatment costs money, and insurance only pays a portion. That means you have to pay the rest.

Doesn't matter if you maxed out your cards on cancer. You have to pay your portion. If you can't, I guess you will have to get a second job until you save enough money. You are not "entitled" to anyone else's labor.

If you went to an honest dentist instead of a scam operation like A$pen, it is possible they could do a large silver filling on the lower instead of a crown.

As the girl said, you can either maintain your teeth and pay a little each year, or neglect them and pay a lot. You chose the latter course of action, and you will reap your reward.

View more comments (4)
Aspen Dental Dental Service
Poor customer service
$1900
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental review in Chacao, Miranda: Proposal!

I love this type of articles please kepp posting i will follow http://dhc.dental/ +1 (305) 557-7775

Aspen Dental review: Screwed witout lube

went to aspen dental to get ESTIMATe for fillings. was told they would have to xray even though we had 2 day old xrays. then inform us that she needs a deep cleaning. when i explained we just had one done the dentist told us that whoever said that was a liar and we needed to get my wifes teeth cleaned before she died of heart or kidney disease because of the infection she had. they didn't even let us go home and think about it,they pressured us into a deep cleaning on the spot and the 20% discount of course. the deep cleaning took less than an hour including the break she took to pump breast milk for her newborn. we then find out that they didn't apply the 20% discount and they took us that the discount didnt go toward cleaning.We then called EVERY ASPEN dental in the state of missouri and found out that was a lie so,as i pushed for our refund of 460 (20% of 2300) the dentist decided it would be best that we go to a differnt dentist. I would like to add that when we were waiting I heard the dentist recite word for word the very same speech to a different customer that she had just recited to us.

You are right. A full mouth scaling should take a MINIMUM of two appointments, totaling at least 3 hours.

A$pen's favorite scam is to tell everyone they need a scaling and root planing. I hate to tell you, but you won't get anyone except crooks who mess with that silly 20% discount card. What did A$pen really do? Upcoded the procedure so you paid extra for what amounted to a regular cleaning.

The fees you would have paid for a filling at this chop shop wouldn't have been any bargain either.You would have done far better going to a regular dentist and paying his regular fee. A$pen is never any deal.

Here is something to remember for the rest of your life. NEVER go to any health care provider that has to advertise on TV to get enough patients.

Aspen Dental Dental Cleaning
Reason of review
they lied we didn't need
Preferred solution
my 20% discount plus an additional refund for of work that was not needed there was NO WAY a two hour job was done in less than an hour unless like the other two dentist said.IT WASN'T NEEDED IT HAD ALREADY BEEN DONE

Aspen Dental review in Springfield, Missouri: Screwed without lube

my wife and i are mentally disabled and we had a deep cleaning done to her teeth at another dentist but couldnt afford the price of the fillings. we went to get another estimate at 2 more dentist. when we went to aspen two days after our last appointment with our xrays for just an estimate they scared us to death with theirs lies about how the other dentist didn't really do the deep cleaning and if she didnt get it done immediate like she could die from heart or kidney disease .they didn't even give us a chance to go home they pressured us into doing the work right then and there on the spot. 2300 but, they offered us a 20% discount. the deep cleaning took less than an hour(including a30 min break taken by the girl to go pump breast milk for her newborn baby) and low and behold they didnt deduct the 20% or give us the 72 hours to change our mind(in my state you have 72 hr to change your mind if they sell you something other than what you were there for). I then heard the dentist start to recite to a new patient in the next room the same exact speech word for word that was given to me and my wife.
Machele
#1661924

What can we say? You went to Aspen for good dental work and fell for their spiel.

Always best to use a dentist in private practice instead of a dental mill like Aspen.

Now you know. Warn others, if you can.

Aspen Dental Dental Services
work not needed
Full refund

Aspen Dental review in Angola, Indiana: Care Credit Payment

September of 2018 my husband had upper teeth pulled and denture made. They used all my insurance and all that i had available from Care Credit. I still owed around $800 still. They set up a payment plan for me of $65 a month. I went in approximately 30 to 45 days later needing a new top denture myself. We was given more money through Care Credit and my bill was taken care of. I wanted to pay my husbands remaining bill today with what credit i have left on my Care Credit account. I was tols Aspen Dental has a contract with Care Credit that they do not accept the card if the bill is over 90 days due. So, i said i have the money to pay you, but you would rather turn it over to collections. I was never told i had 90 days to pay. I called Care Credit and they said if there is money there they can use it. The whole thing sounds stupid. This was at the Angola, Indiana store.

Wow! You trusted yours AND your husband's teeth to Aspen.

If they see teeth, they will recommend pulling them.

Once they are gone, it is expensive to go back and have implants. You sure are a trusting soul, lady!

Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental review in Marietta, Georgia: Billing issue

I have a billing issue from charges standing back to May 30, 2017 I am calling about accounts 776-8320. There were charges that were never submitted properly to my health insurance and so my dental insurance will not pay for it. The dental insurance asked Aspen to get a exclamation of benefits for teeth 17 and 32 and all the office did was resubmit the bills for teeth 16 and one that we already paid for. These charges an Allen collection and I reported on my credit report. I would like for them to be removed from my credit report So I can work with your office to get these charges correctly taken care of. I am fully willing to pay anything that I truly do. And I would like to work with Aspen in good faith. Please either give me a call at 770-337-5375 or email me at so I can work with your office to get these charges correctly taken care of. I am fully willing to pay anything that I truly do owe. And I would like to work with Aspen in good faith. Please either give me a call at 770-337-5375 or email me at craigwilliams86@ymail.com.

Never publish personal information on an open internet website. You have opened your front door to any and every internet pathogen there is.

I'd be surprised if you haven't been hacked already. The only one who won't read your post and take note of your information is ...

Aspen Dental. Please be more careful for your own sake ; a *** is an annoying and difficult thing to clean up.

Aspen Dental review: Service very poor

Talked me into pulling all my teeth pressured me into getting over 3000.00 dollars on card my 6 months was up still no teeth this is poor service and management i think aspen dental needs there License taking away

Trouble is, the Wall Street scoundrels who own these joints don't have any dental licenses to take away. That is the main trouble when non-dentists get away with owning dental practices.

Since they have no dental licenses, state dental boards cannot do a thing to discipline them.

If an employee dentist loses his license, Aspen will have another young dentist to replace him in nothing flat. And the scams will continue to go on unabated.

Aspen Dental Dental Services
Order processing issue

Aspen Dental review in Toledo, Ohio: Bad experience

I went to Aspen dental The schedule said Friday at 230 no one was there The Central schedule department had it in Lancaster when we ask for Zanesville not happy at all

It is the old "make an appointment when the office is closed" trick. Those Aspen employees are such pranksters!

ROTFL! Here is what to do. Next time, make an appointment when YOU are not going to be there! They will be waiting for YOU, and you won't be there!

That should pay them back for their joke!

All joking aside, you could find a competent independent dentists instead of the jokesters that run Aspen. That is, if you are really serious about the care of your mouth.

Poor customer service

Aspen Dental review in Milledgeville, Georgia: Terrible service

First of all, the service at the office was terrible. My appointment was at 2:00. Was told to arrive 15 minutes beforehand to fill out paperwork. When I arrived, the office was closed!! When I finally was seen, they weren’t able to finish my exam after and hour and 15 minutes. Had to pick up my daughter from school and come back for her appointment and to finish mine. I was in the Milledgeville Ga office for 2 1/2 hours just to get X-rays and have them look at my teeth. NO CLEANING done!! Have now been trying to pay the balance that they keep sending me but every time I try to call I either get disconnected or put on eternal hold. Couldn’t pay online either because it said to try setting up account at another time. I have never had to try so hard to pay a bill!!! Can’t even get anyone to answer at corporate or customer service number! NEVER going back to Aspen Dental

First of all, you have to have an exam before you have a cleaning. One must go before another.

I agree, 2 1/2 hours for an exam and x-rays is ridiculous. There are plenty of good dentists in Georgia. The state dental school now graduates about 85 students a year. Why any patient would go to a den of thieves like Aspen for treatment instead of to one of many fine independent dentists in your area is impossible to understand.

Of course they are never on time. They routinely overbook patients and the young dentists they hire are slow.

@Anonymous

I had just moved and looked online for a dentist in the area. It didn’t say Aspen dental.

Just the dentists name. I understand that you have to do an exam before cleaning. Just stating the fact that I was there for over 2 1/2 hours for X-rays and exam.

I will drive the 2 hours to go back to my dentist in Covington. I hope that helps you understand why I had gone there in the first place.

@Pjsmajortom

Please remember online reviews can be doctored. The best way of finding a dentist is to talk to REAL PEOPLE you know, at work, in your neighborhood, or church.

That is a new scam for Aspen- hiding its corporate name.

Other chain clinics are trying to do that, too. Chains are getting bad reputations, and some hide the fact that they are owned by investors rather than dentists.

@Anonymous

I completely understand that you have an exam before cleaning. Just stating the fact that I was there for more than 2 1/2 hours for only xrays and exam.

I had just moved so I did an online search with my insurance company. It didn’t say Aspen Dental. Only the dentist’s name. After going there for ONE visit, I will NEVER go back!

I will gladly drive the 2 hours to go to my dentist that I have seen for 20 plus years. I hope this helps you understand why I went to the “den of thieves in the first place”

View more comments (3)