Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Aspen Dental in Fruitland Park-Lady Lake, Florida - Wont give you your money back

1.9
Went to Aspen Dental on highway 27/441 in the villages, Florida, to get new dentures. Met with the doctor and decided the best dentures for me are the conforlites. With dental insurance etc my out of pocket was $2000. I gave them my credit card, one swipe and they were paid in full. 4 days later they called and said my dentures are ready. Went into the office to try the dentures and they were made wrong by their lab techs. They remade the dentures, four days later went to try on the dentures. Same problem, falling out of my head. Another mold, another four days and called me back in. Again, would not fit. The dentist adjusted them, relined them, made all kinds of adjustments to no good. He stated he could not do anything else and would refund my money. The receptionist at the desk told me that I would have to wait until Tuesday of the following week for the finance person to come in and give me a refund. OK I waited until Tuesday. Went into the office and told the receptionist that I was there to see the finance person for a refund. Waited 45 minutes for the finance person. I went back to the desk to remind them I had been there for 45 minutes. Finally the finance manager came out and asked me to come to the desk in the back of the office. Went back there, gave them all of my info only to be informed that I would have to wait 4 days for the regional manager to approved the refund. Then up to another 3 days for my bank to approve the transaction. I have never heard of such a thing. Anyway, my point is they will take your money on the spot. Go back for a refund and YOU have to jump through loops and wait for the finance person to tell you no refund and you have to wait for some regional manager, that could take up to seven days to approve the refund. Now, when I gave them my money they immediately swiped the card got their money. When it comes to a refund takes at minimum seven days to get a refund with all kinds of approval. Does not make sense to me. Be aware, NO MORE ASPEN DENTAL. They will take your money and hold it ransom until they are ready to return it. This is not right. All I wanted was a return the same way I paid. I pay immediately, I want a refund immediately

First of all, it is practically impossible to correctly make new dentures in four days. Second, no honest dentist asks for all the copay up front.

Maybe half when they start, half when you get the dentures. Third, your story is typical. A$pen is overindebted and unable to process refund requests on the spot. Their strategy is to stall as long as possible.

You will hear all sorts of excuses in the future. Cannot understand why people like you go to corporate con operations instead of competent independent dentists.

It usually doesn't work out too well. You realize that A$pen is operating illegally in most states, don't you?

h.kitchener

You indicate you paid via a credit card. They have apparently said they would refund the money so wait a reasonable length of time and if nothing then dispute the charge with your credit card company.

At least you did the smart thing and didn't pay with a debit card!

Once you get your refund you might want to alert your dental insurance company of the fact that they apparently paid money for unacceptable dental products for you and that any monies they paid on your behalf should also be refunded to them. If you want good dentures and good dental work, find a dentist in private practice, unaffiliated with a chain dental mill.

View more comments (1)
$2000
Full refund

Aspen Dental in Bradenton, Florida - Bait and Switch for sure. Poor services and liars.

Went to Aspen in Jan 2019 and 3 months later "NOTHING" . My goal was to received upper and lower dentures. Kept being called back in that office, Cape Coral, Fla. Being in poor health, I was subject to waiting 4 hours to being seen. After my 4 or 5th visit after once again waiting, I asked to speak to office manager which I stated that this company is a scam, or BAIT AND SWITCH for the elders. So Sad. Shame on them. I was running 4 minutes late due to a dr appointment and at the light looking at the building I called to let them know I would be alittle late. Made me rebook again. My next time after once again being sitting in the waiting room past my appointment time. I told the office manager my feelings and that I didn't want anything else to do with them. They also sent me a bill for something I never received. I did make the minimum of $39.00 from DentalFirst. I want my money back and I'll NEVER have anything nice to say say about ASPEN DENTAL. SORRY COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think I'll inform WINK NEWS!!!!!

Yep, scam the poor, disabled and elderly. Even redneck race-car fans are fair game for these shysters.

Why you went to a corporate chop shop clinic instead of an honest dentist in private practice is a mystery of the universe.

Perhaps you are the type of person that believes all TV commercials. Any clinic that has to advertise on TV to get enough patients is the kind of place you should not consider going to in the first place!

Aspen Dental in District 20, Tennessee - Fillings keep falling out

I went to an Aspen location to get 5 fillings in mid December and since then I have been back 6 times literally to have some of them re-done because they keep falling out and the teeth that do have fillings are still very sensitive.. the ONLY reason why I have been back so many times is because I don't want to have to pay all over again somewhere else for something I already paid for.

Let me guess. They used white plastic fillings everywhere including back teeth.

Fillings that wear out in no time and leak all over the place. You think Aspen will fix them right? They got your money. Anything else is no charge procedures, which mean no commission for the young dentists who work there.

Fat chance anything will get fixed. Best go to a competent dentist in private practice. At least he may be able to seal them with some sort of penetrating resin that will stop the sensitivity.

WARNING- those kinds of fillings get new decay under them very easily. Silver amalgam is a much more reliable material.

Bad quality

Aspen Dental in Anderson, South Carolina - Failure to to expedite my refund for over payments refund! I am frustrated with your non-response!

Last week March 2, 2011! I will never reccomend your office or services! I am paying 7800 for new teeth that look like ***

Aspen Dental in Bloomington City, Illinois - Not good

3.4
I have been working with aspen dental for a year and still can't wear my dentures let alone eat with them.

Aspen Dental in Greenville, South Carolina - Worst customer service experience

1.8
Over 2 weeks ago I went to the Aspen Dental office on Woodruff Road in Greenville, SC. I had chipped a tooth the day before and was happy they were open to see me right away. When I got to the office I spent 1.5 hours getting x-rays and being prodded and poked. At the end of this, I was told to wait until a front desk person would come to get me. After about 20 minutes of nobody taking care of me, I went to the front office only to find out that the clerk was having issues with the computer. Another 10 minutes and finally she printed out about 10 pages of suggested treatments that would ultimately cost me over $3200.00 after insurance paid their part. They did not get my tooth fixed but gave me an appointment for 2 weeks later. Now comes my appointment date - appointment is at 8:30 AM, I am in front of the office at 8:15 AM and get a call about rescheduling my appointment because the doctor was not going to be in. I walked into the office asking if there was not another doctor that could see me and the clerk, in a very rude manner, told me there was nothing she could do. When I asked if there was another doctor I was told that there was 1 more doctor but their day was full. I hS prepaid for this visit and I told the clerk I expect to get a refund immediately. I will never go back nor recommend this 2 bit operation to anyone. It is obviously being run by a group of idiots!!!!!

It IS being run by a group of idiots. Dishonest idiots, by the way.

The name of the firm that owns and runs A$pen dental is Leonard Green & Partners, LLC. Note what these scamsters did. You came in desperate with a specific problem. Did they fix the problem?

No! They did a complete exam, completely inappropriate for a patient with a defined, easy-to-fix problem. Then they concocted a long list of prospective treatment, and tried to get you to pay for it up front. No honest dentist does this.

Nobody wants to work at the scummy operation for long.

The dentist who "was not there" probably quit on short notice. Even mopping the floors at Waffle House is more honest work than scamming patients at an employer like A$pen Dental

Review
Cons
  • Worst customer service ever experienced
  • Long waiting time

Aspen Dental - No personal, but terrible impression about VA

My husband is a veteran as well as a gold star “sole surving son of a Korean War Casualty”. Terrible commercial and sad representation of VA. Why doesn’t someone as POTUS how this is happening under his inept VA?

If you don't like the VA, can you imagine how crummy National Health Care will be? An alcoholic hobo living under a bridge will have just as much chance at a replacement as you.

Aspen does a few veteran treatments here and there for publicity.

Don't fall for the TV commercials. Aspen is a horrible place to take your husband for treatment.

Aspen Dental in Cullman, Alabama - Pulled wrong tooth nearly out

was supposed to get a molar pulled and that was it don't have many on that side well she pulled the molar and the tooth beside it about a quarter of the way out and said oops that's not good well I have talked to the home office and gonna refund my money on there screw up i would like paid for my pain and suffering for 2 weeks they denied me any kind of comfort for my pain so if the same person get's this there you go once again Bradley Story 256-841-1164 got advice from a buisness that said they would help thank you

The tooth they mistakenly pulled a quarter of the way out will need a root canal because the nerve will die. The right thing for them to do would be a free root canal in crown.

But they will never do this or anything else free. Like I tell patients, when you go to a sleazy corporate outfit like Aspen, you will usually be both ripped off AND butchered.

Not a good idea, Bradley, to leave your personal contact information on a public website like this. First thing to do is check your informed consent for tooth extraction and find out which tooth number was entered.

They did not have you sign an informed consent? Then they are in trouble. The tooth extracted does not match the tooth number on the informed consent? Then they are in trouble.

But really, you were pretty irresponsible not taking care of your teeth and wanting a molar extracted rather than saved. You know you lose valuable bone when a tooth is extracted, right? Doesn't sound like a good plan to me.

Neither was it a good plan to utilized a corporate clinic to get treatment, when there are plenty of independent dentists all over the place. Wise up and take care of your mouth!

diann coots
@Anonymous

Take care of yourself and don't worry about me you must have slow business to get on here and tell everyone what to do worry about you don't worry about me

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • Dentist or service
  • Dentist that is costing me more money that i have
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Aspen Dental in Macedonia, Ohio - NOT GOOD!

I have been going back and forth since August 2018 TO THE MACEDONIA OHIO LOCATION for the work they did on my teeth. I originally went in to get a bottom denture since I was having problems with pain from 2 bad teeth and I only had 10 teeth left in my mouth - I was told by the Dentist that she felt I could keep them longer and just pull the 2 bad teeth and they would rebuild my original partial to include 2 new teeth and she suggested I get a new upper plate made - BUT - I didn't have problems with my upper plate - AND she said it was old and needed replacing, so I went with her recommendation. Had I known how bad this Dental practice was I would have NEVER given them my business. I have been VERY patient with them, I have paid them in full (within a few months), I have been going back and forth since then - they have made 2 uppers now and still doesn't fit correctly, as the upper plates they have made - never worked BECAUSE the top plate didn't meet my lower teeth AT ALL - so there was no way to chew the food enough and I had to swallow big chunks of food just to get some nutrition! And both top and partial (whether I use denture cream or paste - pop out!) I have been promised over and over again that they would get it right, I have met their Manager, Dentist, and now the guy that trains the techs on how to build teeth correctly!!!! Leroy promised me he would call me within 2 weeks to get the wax fitting for the 3rd upper - and it would be right - I told him I have continual gum infections WHICH ARE VERY PAINFUL, because of these ill fitting teeth (so the sooner the better - but I would wait the up to 2 weeks timeline he gave me), on the original 2 they have already remade - they screwed up the new upper plate - as well as my original partial - as they did not use any type of clasp on the inside to connect to my own teeth, to be able to chew food without them shifting and/or totally lifting out of my mouth! He re-assured me that he would make it right and WITHIN 2 WEEKS at the MOST (I drove over 1.5 hours to HIS location just to accommodate him so I could finally get this corrected and he promised me that he would have me in - to take care of business - the way it should have been done in the beginning of this fiasco - well - today marks the end of 2 weeks, I have called the office and left message and STILL have not gotten a response. What do you suggest I do? Is it time to get a REAL GOOD ATTORNEY? Time to get the media involved? OR should I just keep letting EVERYONE I know (and I know a lot as I am in MEDIA) to NEVER utilize Aspen Dental UNLESS they want to be REALLY disappointed with the *** work they do and how they could care less about how long it takes them to correct their errors AND the lies the staff continues to tell me - it's real funny the Dentist told me when I mentioned the teeth didn't even meet - I had to get use to them! What a FREAKING JOKE - CAN YOU TELL I'M REAL UPSET - WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR ME!!!!

Most of the time problem with dentures are due to faulty bite. Faulty bite is caused by faulty bite records during fabrication.

Taking accurate bite records is a very demanding task, which takes quite a while to get good at. Look, you made a mistake going to a scam outfit like A$pen. They don't even have an instrument called a Dental Surveyor that is essential for designing good partial dentures.

You could give them 5 more years to mess with yours and they probably would not ever get it right. Why on earth did you go to a corporate chop shop like A$pen instead of a skilled and honest independent dentist?

@Anonymous

You are so right. I fell for some real good advertising and believed it was credible content. Social media can kill a business as that is the new word of mouth, I will make sure to let my large network know the risks involved with utilizing this company for any dental work.

View more comments (1)
Reason of review
Mult - poor customer serv; bad quality; problem with delivery and more!
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Unprofessional
  • Poor Quality For Price

Highly Recommend the Aspen Dental Oral surgeon in Wyomising

5.0
Pulled 7 teeth while I was awake with zero problems & a day later I'm back to normal. The staff was great & friendly & the oral surgeon was pro making light work of a hard job. Treated me like a human being.1st time I can honestly say that about a dentist. Thank you for putting an end to 5 yrs of suffering! Mad respect Sir!~ Jason Weidman

Jason, before letting these clowns replace your teeth with dentures or implants, please read about 5 of the reviews. They don't turn out well.

Glad your extractions with the oral surgeon turned out OK, but it will be entirely different when a young, inexperienced GP tries to make dentures for you. Not likely to turn out well.

Dentures and partials take a long time to get really good at doing. PLEASE find a reputable dentist to do the task- not a flunkie who could only get a job with A$pen.

Review
Cons
  • No complaints definitely not a pissed customer
Good quality